Male HQ

All About Hiv / Aids Discussion + I Suspect I Might Have Hiv Symptoms + Hiv Medication Prep + I Tested Positive (Compiled)

Guest breakboy

I believe we have received a lot of information from the media like newspaper and tv about protecting ourselves from hiv infection,

Peer support like getting moral support from friends that we can trust can help also.

Guest -curious-
Are you guys saying that if one wears a condom when he fxxks even indiscriminately, then he will hence then be protected from catching hiv?

wonder if this is correct? HIV +AIDS = death?

Guest Guest -Health is Wealth

It has been said many times that kissing is safe and will not lead to the spread of HIV.

Of course, kissing especially passionately with the one you like, is a heavenly sensation.

Although tempting and sometimes irresistible, I have always refrained from having any exchange of saliva with strangers just to be on the safe side.

Lately, one can test the results of HIV merely through the swaping of saliva. As such, is it not logical to say that HIV can be spread through kissing via the exchange of saliva ?

Hopefully, some established health institutions can come out with firm statements relating to kissing vs HIV.

This will surely help mankind, be it men or women, to enjoy a healthier sex life .

Seems like you are disturbed by kissing very much when most health care institutions emphasize on unprotected anal sex or oral sex. Here is a reliable website for you to read :http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/brochures/at-risk.htm

It says that :

You cannot get HIV:

By working with or being around someone who has HIV.

From sweat, spit, tears, clothes, drinking fountains, phones, toilet seats, or through everyday things like sharing a meal.

From insect bites or stings.

From donating blood.

From a closed-mouth kiss (but there is a very small chance of getting it from open-mouthed or "French" kissing with an infected person because of possible blood contact).

The issue therefore : if you are very sure that both parties have no broken skins, it should be safe. If the uninfected person has broken skin like ulcers or microscopic tears, then HIV from one infected party's bodily fluid (e.g. blood) may enter into a broken skin of another uninfected party and attacks the CD4 (white blood cells).

Hope this is clear to you.

Edited by reflection

z

1. To your question about Kissing and HIV.

I quote from CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - USA) http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa17.htm

---------------------------------------------------------

Can I get HIV from kissing?

On the Cheek:

HIV is not transmitted casually, so kissing on the cheek is very safe. Even if the other person has the virus, your unbroken skin is a good barrier. No one has become infected from such ordinary social contact as dry kisses, hugs, and handshakes.

Open-Mouth Kissing:

Open-mouth kissing is considered a very low-risk activity for the transmission of HIV. However, prolonged open-mouth kissing could damage the mouth or lips and allow HIV to pass from an infected person to a partner and then enter the body through cuts or sores in the mouth. Because of this possible risk, the CDC recommends against open-mouth kissing with an infected partner.

One case suggests that a woman became infected with HIV from her sex partner through exposure to contaminated blood during open-mouth kissing.

2. You mentioned "one can test the results of HIV merely through the swaping of saliva. As such, is it not logical to say that HIV can be spread through kissing via the exchange of saliva ?"

I think you are referring to "HIV test kits" eg OraQuick Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test.

These kits test for presence of HIV Antibodies NOT HIV. Read this FDA (US Food and Drugs Administration) http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/news/2004/NEW01042.html press release when they approved the above product.

3. Hope the above information is useful.

4. Safe Sex always.

Cheers !

NB : Didn't realise Reflection have already answered his questions while I was typing. Anyway I leave my answers here too.

Another reliable info to give you peace of mind :

RISK OF TRANSMISSION OF HIV

Receptive anal intercourse — 2 percent

Receptive vaginal intercourse — 0.1 percent

Insertive anal or vaginal intercourse — 0.06 percent

Receptive oral sex with a male partner — 0.04 percent

Other sexual exposure — 0.004 percent

Needle or syringe sharing — 0.3 percent

Bite or assault — 0.004 percent

It doesnt even mention about kissing (perhaps classified under other sexual exposure). Think about the probability of catching HIV is only 0.004%..

The above risk assessment was tabulated by CDC and I had read the journal some years ago but I just couldnt remember the reference... So relax and dont get overly anxious to land you into depression

Edited by reflection

z

Assuming that A (HIV-infected) has a French kissing with B (uninfected) who has broken skin in his mouth, whether B will get HIV infection or not will also depend on:

- the viral load of A

- the immunity of B (if you often get sick, then watch out)

- the number of broken skins B has (people who have herpes tend to have higher chance of catching HIV)

- any bitings during the kiss

These are hypothetical conditions but they are logical and sensible.

Reflection

- If you are afraid of even a kiss, then save your kiss for your dog

Edited by reflection

z

Another reliable info to give you peace of mind :

RISK OF TRANSMISSION OF HIV

Receptive anal intercourse — 2 percent

Receptive vaginal intercourse — 0.1 percent

Insertive anal or vaginal intercourse — 0.06 percent

Receptive oral sex with a male partner — 0.04 percent

Other sexual exposure — 0.004 percent

Needle or syringe sharing — 0.3 percent

Bite or assault — 0.004 percent

It doesnt even mention about kissing (perhaps classified under other sexual exposure). Think about the probability of catching HIV is only 0.004%..

The above risk assessment was tabulated by CDC and I had read the journal some years ago but I just couldnt remember the reference... So relax and dont get overly anxious to land you into depression

Can u elaborate? Are you referring to intercourse with condoms on done with a hiv+ person?

Can u elaborate? Are you referring to intercourse with condoms on done with a hiv+ person?

Sorry I can only find part of the content of the literature and how those figures are derived statistically or significantly are beyond my understanding. I cannot answer your question - perhaps someone from AFA with medical background can elaborate those

I might be wrong but these are guidelines developed by Europe for the purpose of starting PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) based on the characteristics of the each type of risk exposure to guide the initiation of PEP.

Hence, the higher the chance of getting HIV infection, the faster the PEP should be started.

Edited by reflection

z

Sorry folks for the previous statistics from another European source.

I just found one from : http://www.dsc-sexualhealth.com.sg/shownews.asp?id=17 :

HIV Exposure Risk Assessment

A detailed and careful history of the exposure event is the first step in evaluating a patient.

Table 1 shows the risk of HIV transmission following a single percutaneous occupational, sexual, or injection drug exposure.2 Patients should be told that these are estimates, and in reality, the odds of infection with a specific exposure are hard to estimate because the risk of HIV transmission is affected by many factors such as the viral load of the infected person, presence of other sexually transmitted diseases, the size of the inoculum, and so forth. Certain sexual practices (receptive anal intercourse) carry much higher risk than others (insertive oral sex).

Generally, exposures to saliva, urine, tears and sweat are not though to be infectious, and the risk of HIV transmission from splashes of contaminated fluids to mucosal surface or non-intact skin has not been accurately quantified, although it is likely to be low.

Exposure Estimated Risks

Needle stick injury 1/300

Receptive anal intercourse 1/100

Receptive vaginal intercourse 1/1000

Insertive vaginal intercourse 1/2000

Insertive anal intercourse 1/2500

Receptive fellatio with ejaculation 1/2500

Sharing needles 1/150

Table 1. Estimated risks of HIV transmission per type of exposure

Edited by reflection

z

• 7 months later...
Guest unknown

I fxxked a bottom with condom 2 weeks ago, after i cummed, i realise that the condom was broken.

Just to ask for me and the bottom, if the bottom is HIV , will he transmit to me assuming i do not have any open wound on my dick.

I can only imagine your worry and concern. I am not in the medical profession. My opinion is that you and your friend should get yourself tested at the Action For Aids anonymous testing clinic at Kelantan Lane. The window period is 3 months. So please, just go get tested. That is the only way to know.

Guest Old Birdie

I fxxked a bottom with condom 2 weeks ago, after i cummed, i realise that the condom was broken.

Just to ask for me and the bottom, if the bottom is HIV , will he transmit to me assuming i do not have any open wound on my dick.

Depend whether is soft fxxk or hard fxxk lor. Soft fxxk the friction is not so great so tear and wear should be quite mild on the bottom. If hard fxxk, than the bottom tissue may break and bleed a little. Still, I think the bottom will have higher chance than the top but it depends on how bad is the condom broken. If it is pin hole than quite safe lor, but if it is burst into pieces like a balloon than better go check up after 3-months. During this period, no fxxking lor.

Were other substance used? Such as poppers, ice, etc., etc. If substances are being used, some are known to weaken your body's defense against viruses and ills, hence increasing the likelihood of catching it. If no substances are used, and assuming there're no open sores on your private parts, your risk is low (but doesn't mean zero).

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, a rougher session might possibly be riskier, as rough handling and banging might result in tears / chaffing more likely than doing it otherwise.

The best thing is to wait, then go for anonymous testing at AfA. 3 months is safest, but if you want, you can go as early as 6 weeks, or less.

fxxking with 2 condoms is so salah. Only str8 uncles going for pros will do that. It is a reported fact that fxxking with 2 condom is will certainly cause the condom to break/tear.

For more info on HIV, please visit. http://www.afa.org.sg/

Gachi, you misread le =) he said, he fxxked a bottom 2 (two) weeks ago. He didn't fxxk with 2 condoms. =)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Unknown,

Its good to know that your wearing condom. Keep up with protecting yourself. Condom don't usually tear or broke just like that UNLESS the condom you used have already expired or you are using Latex condom with oil-based lubricant which cause damage to the condom.

Here are some tips on Condom & Lubricant: http://www.condomessentialwear.co.uk/contraception-contraceptives/condom-tips/page/1

When doing a HIV test, one needs to take note of the window period, which is between 1 to 3 months after an exposure. You can go for a HIV test at the 1st month and repeat at the 3rd month for a conclusive result.

For more information kindly login to http://www.afa.org.sg/anonymous.asp

If you're both worried about contacting HIV, the most straight forward answer is go have a test. Theres two type, one is costly, a couple hundred and the other is less than 50. You can go to any Silver Cross clinics in Singapore for the test, they respect privacy. The first one will test base of your white blood cells I think, which you don't have to wait for 3 - 6 mths later for the actual symptom to appear. The other aka cheap test, you need to wait for 3 - 6 mths later for the symptoms to appear in your blood cell.

If you're going for the cheaper one, considering month of Aug, the test should be taken in Nov and I would suggest to take again in Feb. If money is not an issue, just go test straight away. Also an obvious physical symptom would appear is that you'll have a lump near your neck, how long that takes to appear, I am unsure.

Both method's test results can be gotten rather fast, usually 1 - 2 business days you'll be able to get it.

Just my 2 cents.

Hello Everyone,

I would also want to share what will be the procudure/process to go for the anonymous test. See the video below

Rdgs

msmresources

Email us: msm.resources@afa.org.sg

Hi AfA MsM,

Thats a very informative videos. However, what will happen if let say the result is positive in the video?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Hi AfA MsM,

Thats a very informative videos. However, what will happen if let say the result is positive in the video?

Hello imchaser,

If in any case the result is positive, there will be a counselor who will be there to give you better advice and what is need to be done. The counselor will be also explain to you the next procedure. Most important is to know your status and get tested if you are sexually very active.

If you have any other personnel question please do not hesitate to email us and we will be glad to answering to your question.

Rgds

msmresources

Email us: msm.resources@afa.org.sg

got a question . if a top fxxk a btm without condom and is a soft fxxk but come to the highest climate the top pull out his cock and shoot on the body but not inside the anus. will the btm still get HIV?

got a question . if a top fxxk a btm without condom and is a soft fxxk but come to the highest climate the top pull out his cock and shoot on the body but not inside the anus. will the btm still get HIV?

pre-cum, as long is raw. always a risk there, though is not 100%, but better don't regret next, unless you prepare for it

Edited by snowball

Hello Sca & Guest,

Regardless weather your TOP or BOTTOM or Versatile(Flex) DO NOT TAKE THE RISK of UNPROTECTED SEX! Anyone could have the virus.

Ensure protect yourself with condom and wearing them is NOT Difficult!!!

It's good to know that Guest you've been tested negative and ensure do the test regularly ok?

More info for Anonymous Test Site kindly click: http://www.afa.org.sg/anonymous.asp or any question, kindly do not hesitate to contact us via email given below.

Thank you.

Rgds

msmresources :)

Email Us: msm.resources@afa.org.sg

Edited by AfA_MSM

• 2 weeks later...

Channel NewsAsia - Wednesday, September 9SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Health said 218 people were diagnosed HIV positive in the first six months of this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

The number is up from 154 cases in the same period last year but slightly less than half of the 456 HIV cases for the whole of 2008.

Clinics which started offering anonymous HIV testing last November said they have seen up to three times more patients coming for testing.

One practice in Jurong West is one of seven clinics across Singapore conducting anonymous HIV tests. Some 200 to 300 people have been tested here since last November and six results have come back HIV—positive.

Dr Raymond Soh uses a rapid test which gives a result within 20 minutes.

Dr Soh, general practitioner, Dr Soh Family Clinic, said: "Before the testing, I usually do a pre—test counselling. I will advise them on the implication of a positive test, tell them about the consequences.

"If they are not ready to accept a positive test, I will postpone the test. So most of them, when they are tested positive, they are usually calm."

Those who want to get tested at any of the seven anonymous clinics do not need to provide their names or IC numbers. But the clinics must provide the number of cases that have been tested HIV positive to the Health Ministry. This data will then be used to study the spread of the disease.

The largest provider of anonymous HIV testing is Action For Aids. The non—profit organisation conducted 7,593 tests last year, of which 136 were positive. It has not given any numbers on HIV—positive cases from its clinic this year.

Lionel Lee, executive director, Action for Aids, said: "Post test counselling is a very important procedure that all anonymous test sites should follow closely, especially if one is HIV positive.

"We direct them to our support group "Project Hope", where these individuals are given the right information and a buddying system to help them allay their fears as well as being given the right information on medication and treatment."

The organisation encourages patients to seek treatment in Singapore rather than overseas. But the upfront costs can be substantial.

So, starting from September, patients diagnosed with HIV at the Action For Aids clinic at Kelantan Lane will receive S$200 to help them pay for the treatment. — CNA/vm

Starting from September, patients diagnosed with HIV at the Action For Aids clinic at Kelantan Lane will receive S$200 to help them pay for the treatment. — CNA/vm

Is $200 given on monthly basis or one-time goodwill payment?

Is $200 given on monthly basis or one-time goodwill payment?

Hello Curios,

Only Singaporean/Permanent Resident Clients/Patient who is tested HIV positive at AfA's Anonymous Test Site, they will be issued a referral letter by AfA's Clinic Manager.

Clients/Patient must then bring this referral letter when their first register at CDC ‘J’ clinic.

The counter staff will make the necessary arrangement for the subsidy from AfA. The bill will have up to $200 deducted from it and any additional cost will be bear by the clients/patients.

The subsidy of SG$200/- is only on first time visit to CDC. This will help to cover the major portion of the cost of laboratory tests and consultation charges on your first visit.

I hope that I have answered to your curiosity and you understand the process and procedure.

Any other question, kindly email us at msm.resources@afa.org.sg

Thank you.

Regards

msmresources

[quote name='AfA_MSM' date='11 September 2009 - 10:15 AM' timestamp='1252635333' pCDC ‘J’

The subsidy of SG$200/- is only on first time visit to CDC. This will help to cover the major portion of the cost of laboratory tests and consultation charges on your first visit.

how come action for aids director cannot collect from charity and donate $200 monthly instead of one time payment only to those tested positive.

Bryan Clark wrote:

"I was planning to be trained as an HIV tester in Boulder, CO later this month, and I honestly cannot imagine doing that now, so I am going to decline the volunteer position. I cannot honestly tell someone "You are positive" as a result of watching your film."

Edited by 过客

• 1 month later...

how come action for aids director cannot collect from charity and donate $200 monthly instead of one time payment only to those tested positive.

Hello Guest,

Action for AIDS Singapore is a Non-Profile Organization and we could not subsidies on monthly basis but there will be Medical Social Worker who will be assisting you and follow-up with you with your monthly difficulties for the medication and treatment.

The SG$200/- on first time visit to CDC will help a lot to cover the major portion of the cost of the laboratory tests and consultation charges.

We hope and appreciate for your kind understanding.

Regards

For any other queries, kindly email us directly to: msm.resources@afa.org.sg

Well, $200 is better than nothing. Jus imagine, the guy is already going thru mental and emotional turmoil after knowing his status. Yet on his first visit for treatment, he has to pay hundreds of dollars...this would be worst rite?

Guess, the $200 comes-in handy here. After which, he or she may also find other form of financial support, if in need of it.

**early diagnose, early treatment result in better health in many years to come.

only a fool will gian peng the $200 to visit CDC for testing.

if its positive, his nric will be recorded right.

Dear Guest,

As what mentioned by "Summer", He have a point there. $200 is better then nothing and should appreciate whatever given!

Like I said, there is medical social worker who will be there to give you assistant and find other form of financial support! It is always encourage for you to do your check-up and treatment locally unless you do not want the goverment to know then you might want to goggle and find other alternative.

But MOST IMPORTANT here is to know your status! Know now rather then later!

Quoted from "Summer": Early Diagnose + Early Treatment = Better Health in many many years to come.

Rgds

E: msm.resources@afa.org.sg

Huh. You worry about getting HIV+ when you found out condom was broken. I suggest you better go for HIV test if you doubt.

Hi, besides anonymous testing at the DCS clinic, saunas also provide. Although not on a frequent basis. I had done once in 17 before. Its very thoughtful of saunas to have these value added service.....

• 3 weeks later...

Since we're at this topic, beside anon test, where can i actually get a DIY test kit?

Hello Grazerhanes,

You won't be able to get DIY test kit! and even you get one, It is NOT Ministry Of Health APPROVED test kit and it is suppose not to be sold over at the counter of any sauna!

Our volunteer will be conducting Anonymous FREE HIV Test for the period of November 2009 - February 2010 at various MSM location which include Clubs, Pubs and Sauna.

Feel free to drop us an email if you would want to know the timing.

For any other enquiries, kindly feedback us at msm.resources@afa.org.sg

Regards

msmresources

O: 62540212

E: msm.resources@afa.org.sg

• 1 month later...

www.houseofhumbers.com

Movie Synopsis

What is HIV? What is AIDS? What is being done to cure it? These questions sent Canadian filmmaker Brent Leung on a worldwide journey, from the highest echelons of the medical research establishment to the slums of South Africa, where death and disease are the order of the day. In this up-to-the-minute documentary, he observes that although AIDS has been front-page news for over 28 years, it is barely understood. Despite the great effort, time, and money spent, no cure is in sight.

Born in 1980 (on the cusp of the epidemic), Leung reveals a research establishment in disarray, and health policy gone tragically off course. Gaining access to a remarkable array of the most prominent and influential figures in the field -- among them the co-discoverers of HIV, presidential advisors, Nobel laureates, and the Executive Director of UNAIDS, as well as survivors and activists -- his restrained approach yields surprising revelations and stunning contradictions.

The HIV/AIDS story is being rewritten, and this is the first film to present the uncensored POVs of virtually all the major players -- in their own settings, in their own words. It rocks the foundation upon which all conventional wisdom regarding HIV/AIDS is based. If, as South African health advocate Pephsile Maseko remarks, "this is the beginning of a war...a war to reclaim our health," then House of Numbers could well be the opening salvo in the battle to bring sanity and clarity to an epidemic clearly gone awry.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Need some advice

I was with someone having a mutual J.O. in the toilet when he started trying to suck me off. I pushed him away and hand signaled to him that I only allowed J.O. He jerked me off so good till i was climaxing and he took the opportunity to suck off the cum off my dick. I was trying to push him away but he continued to lick and suck off the cum at the edge of my dick. I had not much strength as my hands and legs were weak to push him away so i had no choice but to let him lick and suck the cum away. He licked and sucked only the cum, touching the head a little.

Other than that, I did not suck his dick or eat his cum. I only jerked him off and his cum came on my hands but i wiped it off and washed it away with soap after that. I am just worried that he may be HIV positive or has some STI which may transmit to me when he suck/lick my dick.

And does sucking the nipples transmit anything?

Please do help me out guys! :(

Guest Guest12

I was with someone having a mutual J.O. in the toilet when he started trying to suck me off. I pushed him away and hand signaled to him that I only allowed J.O. He jerked me off so good till i was climaxing and he took the opportunity to suck off the cum off my dick. I was trying to push him away but he continued to lick and suck off the cum at the edge of my dick. I had not much strength as my hands and legs were weak to push him away so i had no choice but to let him lick and suck the cum away. He licked and sucked only the cum, touching the head a little.

Other than that, I did not suck his dick or eat his cum. I only jerked him off and his cum came on my hands but i wiped it off and washed it away with soap after that. I am just worried that he may be HIV positive or has some STI which may transmit to me when he suck/lick my dick.

And does sucking the nipples transmit anything?

Please do help me out guys! :(

You let him suck then, nw u r worry!

How u get to noe him?

The age?

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.