Male HQ

Restaurant Reviews

wow... akated, you are well travelled indeed, and going in to such interesting food places... on company account I hope... :)

do keep the reviews coming, pics too ... they actually allowed you to take pic of it??

yes, interesting about dress codes isn't it? I wonder if many of our local friends know anything about dress codes when travelling... sigh... it would be so 'suaku' of them to waltz into a top restaurant with a strict dress code and be turned away by the doorman...

money no count in those places... :)

so you think that maybe once a year, after bonus, we can organise a 'fine dining' outing? hahaha... it would be interesting to see everyone actually dressed up appropriately instead of pajamas, berms and slippers and torn t-shirts ...

Baloo

hahahaha nope not on company account :P cos not even company trip... except for the spain one...

i think restaurants nowadays are quite relaxed about letting people take pictures; i guess the proliferation of food blogs help.

regarding dress codes, when i make a reservation for an overseas restaurant i'll normally ask if i suspect the restaurant will have a dress code (i.e. restaurants in hotels, or starred restaurants). and i've started to pack long sleeve shirts and dress shoes in my luggage just in case i need it for a particular restaurant, though i haven't actually needed to be so formal in my eating adventures :lol:

hmmmm i don't actually know of any restaurant in singapore that insists on a formal dress code; i think the most is smart (long sleeves). any idea if iggy's has a dress code? that's the restaurant i think we should go to for the "fine dining" outing :D

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

baloo is a jungle bear... and loves scratching his back on a coconut tree...

never heard of iggys' even to know about dress codes??

sigh...

highest class baloo's been to is the Marche's where you pay your own ...

the beer there is nice nice tho... always enjoyed a dark german bear on tap.

:)

hahhaa jungle bear ah... yumyum...

iggy's is at regent hotel; ranked number 60 in this year's world's top 100 restaurants by Restaurant magazine (other singapore restaurants that made it were les amis at 83 and humble house at 94).

http://www.theworlds50best.com/index.html

still waiting for the day i can go to el bulli...

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

morten's steak house has a strict dress code... smart casual with shoes at least.

triple3 should also be smart casual...

les amis... hmmm... i'd never tried going in there in flip flops.. but I'm sure they will shoo you out ifyou are not properly dressed - again smart casual should be enough... i.e. collared shirt, tailored pants and shoes... no sneakers even... so dun think sandles, round neck tees etc...

Guest Guest
les amis... hmmm... i'd never tried going in there in flip flops.. but I'm sure they will shoo you out ifyou are not properly dressed - again smart casual should be enough... i.e. collared shirt, tailored pants and shoes... no sneakers even... so dun think sandles, round neck tees etc...

Sounds like a very snooty restaurant. <_< But why "tailored pants" huh?? :B)

hahaha... yes it is a posh restaurant. and positions itself so.

you dun have a large credit account with a credit card, or $1 -2k cash in hand, dun go in...

of course, a normal dinner won't cost so much ($400? for two) ...but if you ordered a bottle of Krug for the special occassion, it may well be, depending on the year.

by the way, 'tailored'pants dun mean they will check your label la... you do know how talored pants look like rite? G2000 oso can la... so long as NOT jeans or cargo pants ok leow...

military uniform can oso... Number 2 (evening/dining) dress uniform is acceptable.

Smart4 CANNOT get in la... even if your No4 is tailored... :rolleyes:

I think Baloo mean those Tekkolon Pants, business slacks or business pants as some would call it.

I think Les Amis and triple3would want you in pants or jeans, polo tee with collar at least.

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

There is this small French restaurant on Frankel Avenue near the Caltex Station...

it's called The Gormet Kitchen. or something like that.

Serves the most serious cheese cake you can taste anywhere... in a cup... not a plate...

and the steak... damn... just thinking it makes me drool...

and the small menu of other French offerings... very interesting...

and of course, the French wines... haha if you into 'cheap' (still looking at $60-$140 per bottle here) restaurant French wines, this is the place...

the shop setting is like a small French grocery store, not much shelves, lots of shopping space... mostly high end stuff... very very nice.

• 8 years later...

Anyone know of any simple meal café or restaurant that can host : some simple sit down events for a group of 10 pax(but not all sitting together)

https://www.blowingwind.io/forum/topic/75369-good-food-cafe-restaurant-simple-price/

pls do not recommend expensive options, eg Tcc pricing and above can be quite ex

14 hours ago, luvhandle said:

Anyone know of any simple meal café or restaurant that can host : some simple sit down events for a group of 10 pax(but not all sitting together)

https://www.blowingwind.io/forum/topic/75369-good-food-cafe-restaurant-simple-price/

pls do not recommend expensive options, eg Tcc pricing and above can be quite ex

Recently I just discovered that Middle Road Prawn Noodles has moved upstairs at China Square. Hidden and less visible, but the food just as good. Would be great for gatherings since they have a variety of affordable options e.g. besides noodles, there's carrot cake, rojak, paos etc. And airconned & comfy, and am sure they won't mind having more customers support them during this trying time (their shop space at the quadrangle is getting refurbished). In this vicinity, they are tasty and good value...

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:56 AM, Cube3 said:

Recently just revisited 家嫂Fish Noodle at Telok Ayer. As usual, the service was brusque, but the fish hor fun that was served was quite fresh and yum! Enjoyed...:lol:

this is an old-time establishment liao

7 hours ago, lovehandle said:

this is an old-time establishment liao

Yes, since this was a rebooted thread and Chinatown is my territory, thot I'd re-introduce and post a pic...so that the youngsters stop wasting $$$ on expensive cafes! :D

but telok ayer is not exactly in Chinatown, but beside it

cube3 ,

don't bother loh, youngsters have diff tastes now and pls browse at their instgrams

and  u pls don't indulge in too much gd food,try to cut down and reduce weight before it overgrown

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.