Male HQ

Satay Anyone?

hmmm... this doesn't look like it's available locally...

so the price to taste this special satay is gonna include air tickets, air port tax, local transfers, hotel accommodations and other expenses...

the 'satay' itself may be cheep... but the total price just to experience this is gonna be really expensive...

unless I'm there by-the-way, i dun think i will have it thank you very much.

but if this is indeed available in singapore... I will go and give it a try...

provided the price is not too 'exotic'

:whistle:

It used to be the best satay I tasted was at the ABC market before it closed for renovation.

The satay stall is chinese operated, and shares the stall with the fabulous fried hokkien mee...

The pork satay is truely sa-tay (3 pieces) two pieces of lean meat sandwiching a piece of FAT in the middle. very generous as well, long as your middle finger... per stick... eat that... dun even need the peanut sauce...it's THAT tasty.

alas, after the renovation, the satay is no longer of the same grade, and not as tasty anymore... although the fried hokkien mee is as good becos same fella...

tried asking him what happen to the former satay store... and as usual, chinese selfishness prevails... dunno, think he died or something...

actually we seen that guy do the satay in clementi...but he no longer does satay... i wonder who the original supplier was... sigh... another great tasting cooking art gone with the wind...

sad...

Reflection, its the people from different cultures and geograhic regions have different taste and history also lah.

Those starfish, baby worms etc... actually in northern china, people have been eating them for thousand of years already...

Southern china treat these as poison, so our normal culinary cuisines don't include that. An example, on the North western side, you will rarely find pork and beef, only lambs, sheeps and horse....

Would you think the horse are so pitiful? But it has been like that for a long long time already.... so same apply to anything...

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know where to get the best satay in Singapore?

Went to Lau Pa Sat with my guests yesterday and must admit, it was a disappointment. We tried the 3/4 store and the satay was not fresh, overly marinated and the meat was tough. We ordered beef, mutton, chicken and all of them tasted almost the same…..

And the touts were aggressive as well.

My friend told me that we should have tried No 1 Store – FATMAN satay. Have anyone tried this stall before?

stall number 1 Fatman Satay is ....

actually hor... you go there is becos it's lau pa sat .... whatever there is like dat lor...

what's good is the variety of food you can get there...

satay there is MINCED MEAT type. not really 3-pieces type how good oso no good... sorry...

I'd rather go to Sanaur Indonesian Restaurant to get better satay and more authentic sauce. You pay, yes, but at least they give you good satay.

The other open air satay place will be at the East Coast Lagoon Food Centre off the bedok exit of the ECP. The satay there is IMHO better tasting. and you do get mostly meat instead of minced meat...

The best satay i ever tasted is no more... dunno where he went although the last time i saw him - it was at the renovated Tiong Bahru market (at the upper level). Yet to go there again to hunt him down and try his satay... seems like he is only the 'worker' and the satay is not his own preparation... damn...

Will let you know on this thread if i come across any new discoveries of satay or other nice foods...

b

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.