Male HQ

Remembering Old Saunas in Singapore

bob24246

13 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes, Max was the organizer of gay parties in the 90s,  he started Spartacus, the first gay sauna in SG,  then Stroke, Raw...  Quite an innovator!

He also joined in the maze too like a customer. Sad to hear he passed away. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest chi-dude
12 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

He also joined in the maze too like a customer. Sad to hear he passed away. 

how old was he when he passed away?

Guest chi-dude
34 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

It was hard to tell.  He was too young to have passed away from natural causes.

sorry for your loss of a friend..

Guest Sgsauna
11 hours ago, dazza1201 said:

Don't need to: now you have jackd, and grindr to hook-up with guys. 

The gay sauna culture overseas is still strong but SG one seems to have died down. 

Honestly I prefer sauna than gay apps. Gay apps can take very long, need to chat, wait for replies, meet up and then worry about the guy doesnt look like the photos etc etc.

In sauna, you can just choose from many guys and then proceed to f*ck. Can f*ck and have fun many times in a day too!

18 minutes ago, Guest chi-dude said:

sorry for your loss of a friend..

Thanks,  more than a friend he was an acquaintance. So the loss is not so strong :)

9 minutes ago, Guest Sgsauna said:

Honestly I prefer sauna than gay apps. Gay apps can take very long, need to chat, wait for replies, meet up and then worry about the guy doesnt look like the photos etc etc.

In sauna, you can just choose from many guys and then proceed to f*ck. Can f*ck and have fun many times in a day too!

You are right.  In saunas we can get a good look at the guy before we take any action.   And saunas, all facilities are there to anonymously meet and follow through without even the least commitment. 

On 6/21/2019 at 1:36 AM, Truth said:

I believe most of the older gentlemen & retirees are just there to kill time and pass the day. It will be good if there are gay npo out there that can set up some sort of free-cum-non-sex related club (别想歪hor)  to address their loneliness. The sauna operators can also contribute & give back to the LGBTQ community by donating 3 to 5% of their net profits for such good cause.    

While it pains me to see these older patrons getting shoved and shoo'd by younger sauna goers, I understand that one day I might just end up like them if I'm really not destined to meet my soulmate this lifetime. Given my strong self-pride, I will surely be very heartbroken and maybe commit suicide afterwards if I'm being treated like trash in the sauna. 

On 6/21/2019 at 10:08 AM, Truth said:

Unfortunately, I will only response and copulate with those that I'm attracted to.

As for those less desirable ones with poor hygiene especially, I will just reject them with a simple shake of head or a hand gesture "no". 

There is an inconsistency between your two posts.  Will someone be your soulmate if you are so inconsiderate with older patrons even if "it pains you to see them"?  Hopefully you will be able to escape your inevitable karma!

Edited by Steve5380

24 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

There is an inconsistency between your two posts.  Will someone be your soulmate if you are so inconsiderate with older patrons even if "it pains you to see them"?  Hopefully you will be able to escape your inevitable karma!

Shaking his head /gesturing no is NOT quite the same as shoving and shooing though

He shouldn't be expected to let any and everyone have a go, just to be kind

1 hour ago, Guest Sgsauna said:

The gay sauna culture overseas is still strong but SG one seems to have died down. 

I think 4 thriving (?) saunas in Singapore  is reasonable .....not quite a dying culture in my books

In terms of sauna vs apps, I just think the experience is quite different.

With saunas, definitely more short quick sessions, general multiple times with different partners.

App hookups tend to be longer, cuddling, chit chat, showering together, maybe even a meal afterwards

Different kind of fun, ha ha 

Guest memory lane
33 minutes ago, auri said:

I think 4 thriving (?) saunas in Singapore  is reasonable .....not quite a dying culture in my books

In terms of sauna vs apps, I just think the experience is quite different.

With saunas, definitely more short quick sessions, general multiple times with different partners.

App hookups tend to be longer, cuddling, chit chat, showering together, maybe even a meal afterwards

Different kind of fun, ha ha 

Then you might have been lucky or chosen different guys from the apps. In Singapore I find meeting those guys on apps just wanting some quickies, meet, fuck n go.

Rare to find some who hookup longer, cuddling chit chat or meal afterwards. And I m quite talkative and don't mind a chat afterwards on bed.

I find most Singaporeans anyway those always in rush guys... they fly in as they fly out afterwards. Mostly, when I meet someone overseas from the apps, the guys wouldn't mind chit chat and dinner but could be due to some courtesy to visitors (at least what I experienced in Malaysia or Indonesia).

Maybe the intimacy at home is a bit stronger/ lengthier  compared to a sauna with sharper focus on the sexual action.

Eventually, you can't generalise, because sauna goers are even different, some will not even use any rooms and just do the "open" maze action, some will only do fun in the rooms and never enter the maze.

for the hookups from apps, I found that often visitors to Singapore, have a more relaxed way of fun and spend more time with you. My personal experience.

Guest InBangkok

WIth the apps, you are essentially taking pot luck. You have no idea what the guy really looks like. Are those photos genuine and recent? Will he do a quick video call with you so that you can confirm? How about his body? Will be look as sexy as you think he might be? In the saunas, however, you see what you get. You might e able to get to know him better over a drink or in the dark room. If you are not really fussy, then I suppose it doesn't matter. But I prefer to know a bit more about who I might get into bed with than a photo on an app and a quick chat on line.

Guest Wishes

I miss Hercules. It's one of the very few with warm jacuzzi pool. I wonder where its customers now go, because I hardly get to see them anymore in other saunas. Anyone knows ?

Guest Hercules Fan
32 minutes ago, Guest Wishes said:

I miss Hercules. It's one of the very few with warm jacuzzi pool. I wonder where its customers now go, because I hardly get to see them anymore in other saunas. Anyone knows ?

Yes. I miss Hercules too. Its the only sauna that allows me to relax in the warm jacuzzi pool after a hard days work. Most of the customers now can be seen either at Shogun ot tmc as these 2 caters to all age group unlike kb and tc which are mostly for the young and good looking. Hopefully another sauna likr Hercules or the old Diamond can open again. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2019 at 10:29 AM, Beefycub said:

towel club looks high-crass.. class... or maybe crass... haha :P

TC was the best!! The naked nights were legendary - hundreds of naked guys groping and fondling. I remember meeting one guy whose thick uncut cock amused me for hours after we "met" in the maze and then retreated into a room. Imagine my surprise when I bumped into him the next day at a conference organised by a GLC. We kept looking at each other all morning and then we skipped the rest of the conference, spending a lazy afternoon in his hotel room instead. 

Those were the days... 

• 8 months later...
Guest Juxtaposed Yourself
On 3/26/2020 at 2:31 AM, Since u r here said:

"Cruise" will not be mentioned here bah?

Did you really necro-post a thread which had been dead for eight months to add such a pointless comment? Cruise was still open the last time somebody posted in this thread last July. Furthermore, you didn't even add your own reminiscences of Cruise to add to the thread, just left a hit-and-run comment that tells us absolutely nothing.

Stuff like this is exactly why the troll guest is always commenting that you make useless posts for no reason other than driving up your post count. Who gives a darn about a post count? Being obsessed with a post count is stupid! You don't get a prize for having a higher post count! Blowing Wind can improve through quality not quantity.

• 4 weeks later...

I miss Raihua era and towel club era shiok.As raihua the embiance and sound very relaxing the guy there also very relax when hunting.Towel club shiok can fuck inside nobody know if you slow and steady than can move to the room.If u exhibitionist on the light people cam see from the door peephole.Miss this 2great sauna.Raihua where i start to pick up my fetish in sweaty undies.

15 hours ago, fetish69 said:

I miss Raihua era and towel club era shiok.As raihua the embiance and sound very relaxing the guy there also very relax when hunting.Towel club shiok can fuck inside nobody know if you slow and steady than can move to the room.If u exhibitionist on the light people cam see from the door peephole.Miss this 2great sauna.Raihua where i start to pick up my fetish in sweaty undies.

I didn't get the opportunity to know Raihua since I came for the first time to Singapore in 2006.  But I frequented Towel Club in 2006 and 2007 and I had there my best experiences in Singapore.

Rairua the best of the best with superb cleaniness relaxing great spa kind of music.The people not like a beast more relax.Miss Rairua nothing likes it.I wish i have the fortune i open one like it.Very relaxing calm and transquility.

Guest Guest

After all this time, I still yearn for a rairua-type spa to emerge in the sauna scene but never did after it's closed. 2000's was the golden age for saunas in Singapore - so many different kinds. I had the most wonderful memories in that decade, several in rairua. Sigh.

Hoping a rich businessman can consider to open a rairua-type. 

I wonder how alex au who opened rairua is doing now... 

Guest InBangkok

Agree totally about Rairua. A great sauna, excellent staff, always very clean. Almost like a club. Am I right in remembering it had the first all nude area in Singapore?

• G_M changed the title to Remembering Old Sauna in Singapore
  • G_M unlocked this topic
On 5/2/2020 at 4:05 PM, fetish69 said:

Rairua the best of the best with superb cleaniness relaxing great spa kind of music.The people not like a beast more relax.Miss Rairua nothing likes it.I wish i have the fortune i open one like it.Very relaxing calm and transquility.

Totally agree

On 12/14/2014 at 12:23 PM, Guest Raiden Alpha said:

Because a lot of crazy people here in this island act as though they have never seen good lookers in life before and when a place got a reputation of being a congregating point for good lookers the general public start to grow fixated on it and the hype get grossly exaggerated and blown up.

This particular sauna sit in the outskirt of the business district itself this naturally mean it is easy to attract PMETs and office workers in.

Actually most people if they bother to put on a form fitting business shirt/tight trouser plus styling up their hair and putting on a nice pair of shoes the entire person will look much sharper and more appealing instantly.It's not because the towel club crowd are drop dead gorgeous they are just well groom and carry themselves well.

People are actually falling in love with the sexual image and appeal of a corporate worker.They don't know it consciously that's all.

Also a decade to seven years ago smartphones and gay apps are not mainstream yet and sauna is a easy place to go to for sexual relieve.

But it is also not a good idea to be to too overly well known and expose in the gay scene by going to public saunas too often.

These people should have learn of this con after dabbling a while in the party circuit.

And many foreign PMETs work here in this transit commerce hub on a contractual basis,people come and go in droves all the time in the globalise age.

Everytime people ask what happen to their aj heydays they are not using their brain to think through all these factors and reasons at all.

Waste of time talking and reply to these lazy and silly people.

I totally agreed with you people from towel club more good looking and friendly. I miss towel club and raihua.

Edited by fetish69

Guest InBangkok
14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

If he can weather the pandemic, maybe for a year, he could keep his prized sauna until his end.   We will see...

Given that the land is now up for sale and Khun Toc will get no income from the sauna and barracks probably for most of the rest of this  year, I fear that is unlikely.

Guest lounge room

The different design with Rairua was that coffee / drinks area/ lounge room with the sofas, designed like a living room. it gave for the first time some "room" for non sexual interaction in a confined place without any straight people around you.

The other parts, ok, actually not that thrilling. The rooms were quite small, just a thin mattress on the floor and the cruising room with the curtain in front, which was not big and mostly you bumped on guys because of the darkness, but maybe that was the fun. ha ha. ok. For sure, nowadays the amount of rooms would not be able to cater for the crowd. I don't remember Rairua ever been crowded even on weekends.

With the resting lounge room concept it made you stay mostly longer than you wanted and you had a chance to connect with other guys, if interested out of the sex context.

I m sure, plenty of guys got friends through the lounge room and maybe still are friends.

I think that made the difference.

Guest Neh Neh
2 hours ago, Guest lounge room said:

The different design with Rairua was that coffee / drinks area/ lounge room with the sofas, designed like a living room. it gave for the first time some "room" for non sexual interaction in a confined place without any straight people around you.

The other parts, ok, actually not that thrilling. The rooms were quite small, just a thin mattress on the floor and the cruising room with the curtain in front, which was not big and mostly you bumped on guys because of the darkness, but maybe that was the fun. ha ha. ok. For sure, nowadays the amount of rooms would not be able to cater for the crowd. I don't remember Rairua ever been crowded even on weekends.

With the resting lounge room concept it made you stay mostly longer than you wanted and you had a chance to connect with other guys, if interested out of the sex context.

I m sure, plenty of guys got friends through the lounge room and maybe still are friends.

I think that made the difference.

Sound similar to Ten Men sauna

• Bern featured this topic
Guest lounge room
1 hour ago, Guest Neh Neh said:

the lounge living room had a pantry with tea and coffee but no distracting tv, and it was bright with normal living room lights. 

I don't think 10Men has such a room. 

Guest Neh Neh
24 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I remember Blue Heaven.  Had some fun there too  :) 

Missed Blue Heaven. Had fun with fair PRC guys there.

Guest Juxtaposed Yourself
1 hour ago, Guest lounge room said:
3 hours ago, Guest Neh Neh said:

the lounge living room had a pantry with tea and coffee but no distracting tv, and it was bright with normal living room lights. I don't think 10Men has such a room.

Maybe he was thinking of the rooftop garden at TMC? I assume that is not the same style as the indoor lounge people are describing at Rairua?

• G_M changed the title to Remembering Old Saunas in Singapore
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.