Male HQ

A Discussion : Be A Man

HendryTan

Stick Unregistered User

(8/12/03 12:15 am)

Be a man

Was on my way home from Jurong MRT to YCK MRT.

This Ah kua come in at one of the stop and sit opposite me. His eye grow wide and shine when he saw me. But what he did next really make me feel very uncomforable.

He cross his leg, Right on top of left. Then he put his little tiny bag on top of his hip. Next take out a tissue paper and holding it only with his thumb and centre finger. Dip cleaning his face, at the same time smiling and "electric shock" me with his eye. Sound like this, Blizz, Blizz, Blizzzzzzz..........................................

In my mind, I always feel that gay and AH kua is different.

My first time encounter with AH kua make me feel uncomforable. When the door open I dash out, hoping he that did not follow.

Gruffman Unregistered User

(8/12/03 10:34 am)

Different strokes Hi Stick

I think different people adopt different ways when cruisning or trying to atttract attention. Some may go well with you, but others may not.

But hey, its variety and variance that makes the world go round, right? So just be flattered that someone actually fancies you and tried to do the "electric shock" on you.

I dun think ah kuas are that scary la ... it just takes getting used to, that's all. and if you are a secure person, comfortable with yourself, then you shouldn't mind how others behave ... live and let live ... afterall, we do need more acceptance in this world ... especially seeing that we're gay ...

ryusop60 Unregistered User

(8/12/03 8:56 pm)

Be a man and show acceptance I often hear people labelling gay as "Ah Kua" and I really don't like that. I too always think that being gay and being ah kua is VERY different. Being gay does not suggest any diminishing quality in manliness. In fact, I feel that I am more manly than a lot of straight guys. I am as man as any other man and I just happen to have non-convention sexual orientation...that's all. Perhaps, they call it "straight acting"; but this term sounds so deliberate. I don't "act straight", i am just a normal man...that's all. It's really that "straight forward" :)

I also feel that if we want others to accept us as gay we should exhibit acceptance towards those that need it the same way. There are people who are woman trapped in a man's body. If they are this way not by their own choice, let's show some acceptance.

stick Unregistered User

(8/14/03 1:10 am)

No looking down I am not looking down on "ah kua". It is Ok if they don't approach me. They make me feel uncomfortable. As I had written in my private post that I prefer a real man than sheman. Same to here I prefer a gay "str look" than "Ah kua" with man body and woman mind.

Overall I perfer to be completely ignore by "Ah Kua".|I

stick Unregistered User

(8/14/03 1:14 am)

error "Private" change to "Previous"

Lungker Registered User, Posts: 79

(8/14/03 3:20 am)

A man call Freddy A couple of weeks ago, I was introduced to a man named Freddy in a gay bar in KL. Freddy is a Malay chap, 30 yrs old and cute in a very manly way. He is stocky, close to being chubby and was considered one of the most popular Malay guy in the scene in KL.

Freddy has a lover. They had been together for about four years. Their relationship is based on trust and understanding and I don't really know if Freddy played around. What I do know is that many PEOPLE are attracted to him. Me included.

Freddy has an infectious laughter. He guffaws often. He laughs easily, at the lamest joke but it kinda drags the conversation partner along. Freddie laughs loudest when the joke is on himself.

Freddy is a graduate from an American University and speaks good English. He works for an oil company as a Marketing Manager. Freddy is confident about himself. He knows he is friendly and popular with all his friends, colleagues and family.

So what had this gotta do with this thread? I just came back from Bleu Bar, a pub/disco in KL. Met Freddy there. He was with his boyfriend. The place was packed with all sorts of people but there were a lot of tranvestites, transexuals and cross dressers, because of a show (Miss Negri Sembilan Contest) they had tonight. Of course all the contestants were not originally ladies.

Freddy was in his element. I know Freddy like masculine man (cubbie types) with moustache. I also know that he is friendly to muscle marys, older enciks, Chinese guys, Malay twinks, commercial boys etc. But tonight, quite a few of these TVs, TSs and CDs were all over him. He is friendly to them too. During the contest, Freddy was clapping and shouting encouragement to all the contestants.

Freddy can see beyond the colour of our skin, the clothes we wear, our age. Freddy can see beyond the way we behave, the way we act in public. As long as you are a nice person, you can be Freedy's friend. How you look and behave does not matter.

I like Freddy. He is a good guy.

Gachi Muchi Registered User, Posts: 26

(8/14/03 4:50 am)

More tolerance needed Well said Lungker. If everyone in the world could be like Freddy, this world would be a better, happier place to live in for str8, gay, lesbian, bi, transsexual, transvestite, cross-dresser, etc. regardless of sexual orientation, race, language, or religion so as to achieve progress and happiness for everyone and make this world a better place to live in. :D

O mi tuo fu! Amen!..and what have u..:lol

If anyone have read Yawning Bread

www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/5738/

posting, you would know that there were much debate with regards to the recent gay issues on the media and on some of our political web forum like, the Young PAP forum, www.youngpap.org.sg/phpbb....php?t=698

You will find that many people have negative impression and thoughts about Plus in general and there is a handful who would write in support for us.

Basically, many people cannot tolerate people who are different from them, without tolerance, be it, sexual orientation, race, religion, etc. that is why there are war, holy or unholy, etc. :(

Ultimately, who suffers? Economy suffers, animal suffers, human suffers, everyone suffers, some more than others. :(

Let's be more tolerance to each other and make this world a better place to live in. :D

OralB Registered User, Posts: 208

(8/14/03 11:26 am)

Agreed! Agreed to what Lungker said.

they are just another human being, different type but still human being.

I have some "broken wrist" friends and I find them passionate in a certain way. (try talking glam stars with them and you know what i mean)

as for stick story, i think the location may be the factor. if we bring the scene from MRT train to a gay bar or a suana, stick may not have that big errection ...ops reaction :P

Bringing back to Lungker posting, this Freddy guy merely blend in the crowd, maybe in a different location, he would not be that wild.

That being said, while they are not my sexual preference, i do not mind having them as a friend.

Lungker Registered User, Posts: 80

(8/14/03 12:59 pm)

Re: Agreed! Perhaps I may have created the wrong impression about this Freddy guy. He is not flamboyant or wild.

In fact from the way he looks, no one can tell he is gay. He is like one of those straight guys that is the life of the party. All kind of people loves him because he is friendly and funny. They will come to him and smooch him, and he will smooch them back.

I don't think Freddy simply tolerates them. It goes beyond tolerance. He just simply accepts people for what they are. And that is something exceptionally special.

StockyM Unregistered User

(8/14/03 5:58 pm)

Ah Gua. Freddy is obviously very at ease in a party situation. Lungker, you are obviously infactured with him. :D

Well, your point of using him as an example who is not judgemental and at ease with all diversity of gays in a party atmosphere is just an impression you have on him. Unless you know him personally and that you know for sure he is also such in public outside the gays party cocoon.

Dinning or shopping or outing with an Ah gua is different and it's something ones got to get used to. :lol

Most ppl who has not come into contact with Ah Gua would generally react the way Stick did.

Calling and expecting others not to be prejudice or feeling comfortable with 'Strange' fellows that they have little or no experience / knowledge is easier said than done.

It's human's flaw that they are generally judgemental/ uncomfortable out of fear of unknown or norm. That's why they need to be exposed to more People like Us and Ah Gua too to slowly get used to.

Hey, this applies to gay too especially those deep in closet and very narrow minded in their acceptance of all creeps.

Sign...they are very very few Freddy around.

mutant chub Unregistered User

(8/14/03 8:22 pm)

to be continue....... actualy i hv post an article (in Xman)about this long time ago.but no one respone,so happy can read more respone now.

GAY =/= Ah Gua

Ah Gua =/= GAY

but media such as newspaper and live media always link 2 together.Example: the <OK!No Problem> by Channel U,when they produce the show about gay,they use a sissy boy play the "gay" role.

Dun mistake,i am not lok down those ssiy boy,as others friends here.Just hope that,ppl can really differentiate between sissy,gay,ah gua.......

If someone here work in public media,pls do ur part.ok.thank you very much.

Lungker Registered User, Posts: 81

(8/14/03 9:54 pm)

Re: to be continue....... StockyM, I do know Freddy personally. I have gone out with him three times....something like a date, and yet not a date. We went for dinner and just chit chat and laughs a lot. That's it. When I am in KL, we'll sometime chat on the phone.

I have seen him in a "non-party" situation. He'll joke and be cheeky with both waiters and waitresses.

Freddy is coming down to Singapore from Aug. 21 to Aug. 24 for a business seminar. I will be bringing him around to Xpose and perhaps Zouk (he dances like a bouncing ball) and perhaps some of the saunas too.

So, during those days, if you guys come across a jolly Malay man with a moustache in those places I have mentioned, go up to him and ask if he is Freddy from KL.

Stick Unregistered User

(8/14/03 10:53 pm)

Ba a man Remember a very touching story told by BW.

If I don't remember wrongly it is like this. He is having sex game with a few friend, and one of them requested to be @#%$ by him, but he don't do anus sex so he shouted at that guy and said " you wanted to be @#%$ like a woman, right!." That guy reply,"No! I want you to @#%$ me because I am a man not woman." Then BW was so touch and fullfill his dream.

Thus, this story do tell something about to be a man acting still can get what he want, Right!

If you are a gay, please try to act more like man. Believe me you still can get what you want, one day.

Hope I don't remember wrongly. it was you right BW.

kenjirou Unregistered User

(8/28/03 8:33 am)

Be man enough to refuse or ignore Hi Stick. :)

I read your posts on this with some interest. Especially this bit...

=====

Thus, this story do tell something about to be a man acting still can get what he want, Right!If you are a gay, please try to act more like man. Believe me you still can get what you want, one day.

=====

Being 'gay' encompasses so many things. To your 'ah kua' he was being himself. Let him be. If he tries to pick you up you can refuse or whatever, don't judge or denigrate him. If some pretty girl did the same thing I think you would be able to fend it off politely too right? If it was embarassing for you because you think that it gives a bad impression of you in public , well, you cannot prevent people from thinking what they want-boo sucks to them.

There is no issue of 'being a man' or more like a man. What does that mean anyway? It is all in how you define yourself. You want to be a man who wears pink shirts, knits and cooks great food-more power to you! You want to be a butch motorcycle daddy who works on his cars and drinks lager-great! That doesn't even begin to define who you are right?

I had a lover who liked to act like girlish and uses that in sex play a lot but he is also a responsible adult male who is kind,generous and performs all duties of an adult male. So what if he is not 'straight-acting'?! He gave me comfot and affection when I needed it,strong talking to when it had to be done and an honest friendship that has lasted years of ups and downs.

IMO your 'fear' of people like him may be more a reflection of your personal issues about this than his apparent lack of manliness. Sorry,don't mean to be so cross or to nag. :)

I have 2 friends who are in your nomenclature, 'ah kua', and I get so mad when they are treated like lepers even in our little gay circles-it's so sad. We talk about discrimination and irrational bigots and here we are doing the same thing. What a world. :\

stick Unregistered User

(8/28/03 10:36 pm)

right Hol lah! Hol liao lah!. It all my personal problem............. happy loh.:lol

• 7 months later...

Very interesting topic to be discussed. In the eyes of general pubic, gays are somehow are Ah kuay. No matter how macho the gay are, as long as they like the same sex, they would be labelled as "Ah kuay", perhaps the public do not bother find out the difference between these two categories. Heard from my friend's account of having sex with a straight guy, as he was fxxking my friend, he murmured "This is what you deserved to be Ah kuay, hope your parents know you like to get fxxked this way...." and he banged harder. its unbelievable!

• 2 months later...