Male HQ

Affiliate Marketing - Just To Share Share

In answering the request of IkuTube, I'm listing down the key steps necessary in order to earn $ from this thing called "Affiliate Marketing" :P

(1) Basic. AM is about helping other people sell products on the Internet. Much like housing agents we all know of, affiliates do the same, just that the products they advocate are much more wide-ranging - from information products (such as an e-book in the form of a pdf file) to physical products (such as electronic devices, clothing, etc.). Thus, affiliates stand between product originators and product buyers.

(2) Physical Products. These are items that require shipment, often from the product manuracturer directly to the buyer. You stand in between, advertising the products to end buyers, and once any buyer decide to buy, you then send the order to the manufacturers, and earn a fee from doing so. These manufacturers are called "dropshippers".

(3) Information Products. There are individuals throughout the world who felt that they possess certain knowledge, and they want to profit from that knowledge. Hence they write a long document (often ranging from 20+ to 100+ pages), convert it into .pdf format, and attempt to sell it to interested parties worldwide. You can work together with these individuals and earn a fee each time you manage to attract a buyer to buy the product.

(4) Special Skills Required. You probably need to know how to create and maintain your own website, set up accounts with various product originators, and learn various web advertising techniques (e.g. post google/yahoo ads, creating blogs or submitting articles to online magazines that pre-sell the products you're advocating).

As I'm a novice in this as well (been doing for 2 months only), pardon me if I sounded confusing :oops:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.