Male HQ

Discussion : True Singapore Ghost Stories Books Series

This has been bugging me.

For those who know, there are actually two series of these books, one by Angsana Publication - the more popular one, and then there is the more obscured 

collection by Native Publications. Both authors are named Russell Lee.

I actually own both series, and I personally prefer the stories by Native Publications. They are scarier, and more believable.

So the thing that has been bugging me is, anyone knows why there are 2 publications of books with almost identical titles by the authors of the same name? It doesn't feel like coincidence to me. And the fact that both books were published at almost the same time doesn't help. 

I can't sleep at night not because the stories scare me, but because I need to unravel this mystery of the two True Singapore Ghost Stories.

PS: I called Mulder and he doesn't know anything about it. Scully was too busy with Hannibal to answer my call.

Guest buaysai la

Lao qn liao.

The ghost writer wrote for angsana, but buay song why publisher ripped off her profits. So she ownself go n publish her native series. Long time ago liao...so each time angsana, more popuoar what, comes out with a volume, she ownself hor, also try to match tit for tat lor.

Let sleeping ghosts lie dead,

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Eric85
On 11 April 2016 at 0:50 AM, Guest John39 said:

I would like to sell my old copies. Do you know where I can sell it>?

Is this still available? Lately, i've been hooked up with this magazine. I want more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to Discussion : True Singapore Ghost Stories Books Series
  • 1 month later...
Guest Spooky Fan sends chills

Just tot to share a local ghost stories podcast:

Supernatural Confessions Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/supernaturalconfessions

Audio Podcast

https://www.supernaturalconfessions.com/podcast.htmlspacer.png

• 1 month later...

Hello. I have a story to share with you and it happened a few years ago during the 7th month. I'm staying with my mum and my younger brother at Kreta Ayer. It was my one and only experience with the supernatural but it was enough to haunt me till my dying days.

On the night of the incident I was on my way back from work. As usual I would reach home around 10pm. My mum would always advise me to be extra careful during the 7th month. That night was like any other night...nothing out of the ordinary. Little that I knew it would be a night that I will never forget.

When the lift reached the 13th floor, I got out of the lift and walked along the corridor. As I reached my door step, I saw an old woman squatting in front of my neighbor's house which was just 2 doors away. I can still remember how she looked like! She had messy grey hair and was very thin and frail. Suddenly, she squatted down and slowly looked up. Her eyes were dark and hollow....her mouth slowly opened wide and her tongue was potruding out. The tongue was really long and slithered like a serpent!

I was scrambling to open the door and thank goodness my brother opened the door. He was still awake and was watching when he heard me struggling to open the door. He asked me what happened but I just kept quite. I took my shower and immediately went to bed.

• 3 weeks later...

Strange encounter at my ex colleague's home

Just visited my ex colleague's house about 3-4 hours ago. Was curious about the the large collections of Buddha statues that his father owns.

Everything was fine until I stepped into his house. Felt weird on my left. Turner around and there was a display shelf of small Buddha statues. But I shrugged it off.

Walked in further to the living room and I was shocked by the massive bronze Buddha statue on my right. As I scanned the whole living room, every corner l, there's a Buddha statue. At least 7 to 10 of them. It wasn't long I had that weird feeling again. This time it felt even stronger. 

He didn't seems surprised with my uneasiness. He shared that his friend came to visit once and had this suffocating feeling. I felt something was always behind my back. I started having goosebumps too. I didn't want to hang around in the living room for long.

We headed to the kitchen to have some whiskey. Probably he thought it will calm my nerves a bit. He began to share more....

Once, around 1am, his mum was woken up by the noise of cupboards and drawers closing and opening from the kitchen. She thought it was him (my ex colleague) but he was not home that night...

While sharing his story with some more 'liquid courage', we walked back into the living room. I had goosebumps again and the feeling of someone behind my back returned.

I decided to leave and we chatted a bit more outside his house. I told him how i felt about the house. Then he shared how his maid was being touched at the back while she was about to sleep. But there's no one else in the room. There were times his maid felt someone was watching her as well. 

Also, a monk visited their house before and said there were many 'spirits' residing in the statues. 

As I was about to leave, he said this, "not wanting to scare you, but every time when I talk to you, I'll always see some light flickering behind you." Deep down I'm a little scared because he said that before 2 weeks ago at my place. Keeping my cool I told him it's nothing and laugh it off. Probably needs to see my aunt tmr just in case.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:24 AM, Guest Kesavan said:

Strange encounter at my ex colleague's home

Just visited my ex colleague's house about 3-4 hours ago. Was curious about the the large collections of Buddha statues that his father owns.

Everything was fine until I stepped into his house. Felt weird on my left. Turner around and there was a display shelf of small Buddha statues. But I shrugged it off.

Walked in further to the living room and I was shocked by the massive bronze Buddha statue on my right. As I scanned the whole living room, every corner l, there's a Buddha statue. At least 7 to 10 of them. It wasn't long I had that weird feeling again. This time it felt even stronger. 

He didn't seems surprised with my uneasiness. He shared that his friend came to visit once and had this suffocating feeling. I felt something was always behind my back. I started having goosebumps too. I didn't want to hang around in the living room for long.

We headed to the kitchen to have some whiskey. Probably he thought it will calm my nerves a bit. He began to share more....

Once, around 1am, his mum was woken up by the noise of cupboards and drawers closing and opening from the kitchen. She thought it was him (my ex colleague) but he was not home that night...

While sharing his story with some more 'liquid courage', we walked back into the living room. I had goosebumps again and the feeling of someone behind my back returned.

I decided to leave and we chatted a bit more outside his house. I told him how i felt about the house. Then he shared how his maid was being touched at the back while she was about to sleep. But there's no one else in the room. There were times his maid felt someone was watching her as well. 

Also, a monk visited their house before and said there were many 'spirits' residing in the statues. 

As I was about to leave, he said this, "not wanting to scare you, but every time when I talk to you, I'll always see some light flickering behind you." Deep down I'm a little scared because he said that before 2 weeks ago at my place. Keeping my cool I told him it's nothing and laugh it off. Probably needs to see my aunt tmr just in case.

Why do you need to see your aunt? To be continue ….??

Hi everyone, 

This is a confession shared by a friend, who is the ex boss of my brother & able to see & hear spirits. I have asked him if he has ever encounter anybody who have approached him for 4d numbers since he have this gifts.

This is what he told me: 

This happen to me many years ago when I was in my teenage years and was about to be enlisted to the army. Before I was going to the army, I took up a part time job at one of the hotels to work as a banquet waiter to earn some cash. While there, I get to know John & Ah Kow & we became the best of friends. John was the nerdy studious type while Ah Kow was the typical Ah Beng who always starts & ends a sentence with a vulgarity. I also wondered how the three of us can get along so well haha. 

They didn't know about my "gifts" as I prefer to keep it a secret since I have encountered many incidents where my classmates & friends call me a siao nang & a weirdo who always crave for attention when I told them I have this "gifts". But of course, you can't keep a secret forever... 

We do have allowance for taking taxi home once we finished work but in order to earn more money, we would always hang around to tcss till 6 am then take the bus home. 

One night, while tcss, a young pretty girl walk past me & smile at me. I smiled to her back & ask her would she be interested to join us for a chat? She just ignored me. I was thinking "Wa, y so tau, like as though the 3 of us are all buayas?"  I then turn to ak & was about to tell him the girl so tau when ak asked me: Knn, u seow arh??!! Y u talk to the wind like as though someone is there?? Knn" They then realized that I can see things that cannot be seen. 

Expecting to be called a siao nang by ak & j, I was surprised that they didn't react that way but was very keen about it. So we spent the remaining hours talking about my "gifts" and this goes on for every tcss. I was actually very happy to find somebody who accept me for who I am & not a siao nang or weirdo. 

One night, ak came up to me & said that he has found a way to get rich. He told me since I have those gifts, might as well make full use of it. Ak mentioned that he heard from his kopitiam kakis that since he have a friend with this ability, they can go to the cemetery to seek 4d numbers. Of course, at that time of our lives, we don't think of the consequences & because ak & j are the only ones who accepted me for my "gifts", I treat them as my sworn brothers and agreed to it. J, at that time, was a bright student and planning to go overseas to study but don't have the financial means so we decided to help him in fulfilling his dreams.  

That night, after work, we proceed to take a taxi down to lck cemetery. We brought along joss sticks and some other stuffs & also managed to smuggle a roast chicken out of the hotel. We proceed to look for a grave, and found one that has been freshly covered. Then we laid out the offerings & pray to the deceased asking for 4d numbers. Ak & j then proceed to drive a stick into the grave, ak mention that this will have more effect as advised by his kopitiam kakis. 

It was at this moment when I heard a piercing scream, like as though someone was having a knife plunged into their heart. Ak then faced the grave and said that he will take the stick out only when he's given 4 numbers and these numbers must strike 1st prize consecutively for 3 weeks. It was then that I heard a lady saying 3 sets of numbers while in excruciating pain but I just ignore the cries & wrote it down on a piece of paper. Once we got the numbers, ak then remove the stick. I asked ak & j did they hear anything, & they mentioned nope, didn't hear anything. So we decided to pack up & go straight home. 

You wouldn't believe it but the following week, the 1st set of numbers did strike the 1st prize!! I didn't dare to bet after hearing those screams and I have actually return back to the grave alone without them knowing and begging her for forgiveness. I told her that I was sorry for causing so much pain & I swore that I won't buy the numbers. 

However, ak & j bought the numbers despite me telling them not to, ak even saying that I'm stupid not to earn easy money. With their winnings, they decided to bet again on the next week. Lo & behold, that number came out 1st prize again!!! Feeling confident & greedy, they dumped all their winnings on the following week and yes, you guess it, that last set of numbers came out 1st prize again!!! 

With this newfound wealth, j managed to go overseas to study and ak open up a construction firm. Our friendship also started to drift apart as ak began mixing with his group of friends & seldom have time to meet up with me as I will be very tired when I booked out of camp and only interested in sleeping when I reach home. 

A few months later, I received a tragic news from ak. Ak told me that j was involved in an accident overseas when the car he was driving was involved in a head on collision with a truck. He was killed instantly. At his wake, ak did not appear his usual self and looks like a man in fear. I asked him what's the matter? He just mumbled that it could be payback time for what they did in the cemetery. I just consoled him that it's just an unfortunate accident but he just kept mumbling that his time is up and he would be the next one. Well, I might have the "gifts" but surely, this is just a case of an unfortunate accident. How wrong I was... 

A week later, I got news from ak's father that he had passed away in a freak accident. Ak was on the construction site doing his usual inspection, when he slipped and fell towards a steel bar. The metal bar went through his chest and he suffered in agony before dying in the hospital. 

Till now, I'm still unsure if these are just pure unlucky accidents or if the spirit that they asked for 4d numbers have claimed their lives? Part of me wanted to believe that it's just a case of unfortunate bad luck to ease my guilt.

But there's always a niggling thought in my mind that, maybe just maybe, I managed to escape this due to me begging the deceased for forgiveness after hearing those piercing screams in the cemetery. You decide. 

Thanks for reading. 

*Ah Kow and John are not their real names.

Guest Tai Seng

Legit quick question: Do entities and poltergeists disturb more females than males?

My first encounter with the paranormal started when I was 7 or 8 when i lived in Stirling Road 🛣️. My grandma told me our blocks of flats were built on top of graveyards.🪦One night before I slept I saw a black creepy twig- like hand knocking on the window panes and seemed as if it was trying to come into my bedroom! There was a corridor outside so no way it could have been the tree branches..I was really f-adongdong freaked out and didn't dare to sleep alone that night and asked my grandma to accompany me n didn't dare to turn off 📴 the lights too! 

Another encounter was at a swimming 🥽 club where I used to work. I lived only 5 minutes away. One night I was doing OT alone as the next day we had swimming competition and I had to prepare many stuff . Suddenly my boss's chair 💺 rolled from the left to the extreme right! At the same time arch files 🗄️🗃️also fell one by one onto the floor and I was really spooked as I have previously heard of many hauntings that happened there at the club. But I didn't experience anything until that night! I quickly took my bag 🛍️ turned off the aircon in the office and ran out the door shaking  ..I didn't want to stay to see how the prankster that was creating the poltergeist activity looked like. Pity we didn't have any CCTV in the office else that would have captured some paranormal activity.

The next day I jokingly asked my boss if his soul came back to work lol ..My colleague who worked at the front desk back then too saw a figure in the bathroom after her shift ended at midnight when she went up to the 4th floor to change. She said she shivered and cried all the way as she ran down the stairs..she took 3 days MC after that incident. I have many more encounters but will leave it till next time .. 😨

Happy weekend everyone 👻👻

Husband takes his wife to play her first game of golf. 

Of course, the wife promptly hacked her first shot right through the window of the biggest house adjacent to the course. 

The husband shouted , "I warned you to be careful! Now we'll have to apologize and see how much your lousy drive is going to cost us." 

So the couple walked up to the house and knocked on the door. 

A warm voice said, "Come on in." When they opened the door they saw the damage that was done: glass was all over the place, and a broken antique bottle was lying on its side near the broken window. 

A man reclining on the couch asked, "Are you the people that broke my window?" 

"Uh...yeah, sir. We're sure sorry about that," the husband replied. 

"Oh, no apology is necessary. Actually I want to thank you. You see, I'm a ghost, and I've been trapped in that bottle for a thousand years. Now that you've released me, I'm allowed to grant three wishes. I'll Give you each one wish, but if you don't mind, I'll keep the last one for myself." 

"Wow, that's great!" the husband said. He pondered a moment and blurted out, "I'd like a million dollars a year for the rest of my life."

"No problem," said the ghost. "You've got it, it's the least I can do. And I'll guarantee you a long, healthy life!" 

"And now you, young lady, what do you want?" the ghost asked. "I'd like to own a gorgeous home complete with servants in every country in the world," she said. 

"Consider it done," the ghost said. "And your homes will always be safe from fire,burglary and natural disasters!" 

"And now," the couple asked in unison, "what's your wish, ghost?" 

"Well, since I've been trapped in that bottle and haven't been with a woman in more than a thousand years, my wish is to have your wife." 

The husband looked at his wife and said, "honey, you know we both now have a fortune, and all those houses. What do you think?" 

She mulled it over for a few moments and said, "You know, you're right. Considering our good fortune, I guess I wouldn't mind, but what about you, honey?" 

"You know I love you sweetheart," said the husband. 

"I'd do the same for you!" So the ghost and the woman went upstairs where they spent the rest of the afternoon. The ghost was insatiable. 

After about three hours of non-stop fun, the ghost  looked directly into her eyes and asked, "How old are you and your husband?" 

"Why, we're both 35," she responded breathlessly.
ghost smile –

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Really???

Thirty-five years old and both of you still believe in ghosts???😂😂😂

The Guardian

based on true supernatural encounters.

"Greetings Mr Syet. You can just call me 'Amar' and I wish to share with you an experience that I had during my teenage years. To be precise, I was 16 years old at that time.

My late grandfather was a collector of odd antique stuff. He has a room in his house where he would keep his odd collection. It was during one of my visits to his house that my curiosity got me in trouble. My grandfather strongly prohibited anyone... even his own wife and children from entering that particular room. 

On the day of the incident my grandfather was not around and I realized that the door was slightly ajar. It was my opportunity to check out the room. I slowly crept into the room.

I was fascinated by what I saw inside the room!  There were scary looking Balinese masks, an antique cabinet, a 'Gamelan' (a Javanese musical instrument) and other stuff that you might find in a museum. But what attracted me was 3 'kris' ( Malay daggers) that was displayed on the wall. I saw one of them which appealed to me the most for some strange reason and I took it down from the display to take a closer look. I pulled it out from the sheath to admire the blade. Suddenly I heard my mum calling for me from the kitchen. It was time for lunch. I put the Kris back on the display and crept out of the room.

That night I had a dreadful nightmare. In my dream I was confronted by a demon who had the head of a man and the body of a tiger! He was wearing a headdress like like some Javanese warrior with a fierce look on his face. He...or 'it' was circling around me before sitting in front of me and spoke in a language that I couldn't understand. I could neither run or move at all! Suddenly, the demon started to pounce on me and I screamed! That was when I woke up and saw a long scratch mark on my right forearm! At the same time my parents were already with me. According to my mum they heard me screaming. My dad saw the scratch mark and told my mum to call for my grandfather.

My grandfather took a look at the scratch mark and immediately asked if I had came into his room and touched one of the Kris? When he described the Kris...it was the exact same one that I took down from the display. How could he had known? He told me that the Kris that I touched was not an ordinary one. In fact, none of them are. He said that I should'nt have touched the Kris...let alone enter that room in the first place.

"The one that you took down has a guardian. What you saw in your dream and that scratch on your arm was just a warning." said my grandfather in a stern voice. Till today the scratch mark is still on my forearm."

Guest Try and see
On 9/23/2021 at 6:39 AM, Guest Wah Lao said:

Hi everyone, 

This is a confession shared by a friend, who is the ex boss of my brother & able to see & hear spirits. I have asked him if he has ever encounter anybody who have approached him for 4d numbers since he have this gifts.

This is what he told me: 

This happen to me many years ago when I was in my teenage years and was about to be enlisted to the army. Before I was going to the army, I took up a part time job at one of the hotels to work as a banquet waiter to earn some cash. While there, I get to know John & Ah Kow & we became the best of friends. John was the nerdy studious type while Ah Kow was the typical Ah Beng who always starts & ends a sentence with a vulgarity. I also wondered how the three of us can get along so well haha. 

They didn't know about my "gifts" as I prefer to keep it a secret since I have encountered many incidents where my classmates & friends call me a siao nang & a weirdo who always crave for attention when I told them I have this "gifts". But of course, you can't keep a secret forever... 

We do have allowance for taking taxi home once we finished work but in order to earn more money, we would always hang around to tcss till 6 am then take the bus home. 

One night, while tcss, a young pretty girl walk past me & smile at me. I smiled to her back & ask her would she be interested to join us for a chat? She just ignored me. I was thinking "Wa, y so tau, like as though the 3 of us are all buayas?"  I then turn to ak & was about to tell him the girl so tau when ak asked me: Knn, u seow arh??!! Y u talk to the wind like as though someone is there?? Knn" They then realized that I can see things that cannot be seen. 

Expecting to be called a siao nang by ak & j, I was surprised that they didn't react that way but was very keen about it. So we spent the remaining hours talking about my "gifts" and this goes on for every tcss. I was actually very happy to find somebody who accept me for who I am & not a siao nang or weirdo. 

One night, ak came up to me & said that he has found a way to get rich. He told me since I have those gifts, might as well make full use of it. Ak mentioned that he heard from his kopitiam kakis that since he have a friend with this ability, they can go to the cemetery to seek 4d numbers. Of course, at that time of our lives, we don't think of the consequences & because ak & j are the only ones who accepted me for my "gifts", I treat them as my sworn brothers and agreed to it. J, at that time, was a bright student and planning to go overseas to study but don't have the financial means so we decided to help him in fulfilling his dreams.  

That night, after work, we proceed to take a taxi down to lck cemetery. We brought along joss sticks and some other stuffs & also managed to smuggle a roast chicken out of the hotel. We proceed to look for a grave, and found one that has been freshly covered. Then we laid out the offerings & pray to the deceased asking for 4d numbers. Ak & j then proceed to drive a stick into the grave, ak mention that this will have more effect as advised by his kopitiam kakis. 

It was at this moment when I heard a piercing scream, like as though someone was having a knife plunged into their heart. Ak then faced the grave and said that he will take the stick out only when he's given 4 numbers and these numbers must strike 1st prize consecutively for 3 weeks. It was then that I heard a lady saying 3 sets of numbers while in excruciating pain but I just ignore the cries & wrote it down on a piece of paper. Once we got the numbers, ak then remove the stick. I asked ak & j did they hear anything, & they mentioned nope, didn't hear anything. So we decided to pack up & go straight home. 

You wouldn't believe it but the following week, the 1st set of numbers did strike the 1st prize!! I didn't dare to bet after hearing those screams and I have actually return back to the grave alone without them knowing and begging her for forgiveness. I told her that I was sorry for causing so much pain & I swore that I won't buy the numbers. 

However, ak & j bought the numbers despite me telling them not to, ak even saying that I'm stupid not to earn easy money. With their winnings, they decided to bet again on the next week. Lo & behold, that number came out 1st prize again!!! Feeling confident & greedy, they dumped all their winnings on the following week and yes, you guess it, that last set of numbers came out 1st prize again!!! 

With this newfound wealth, j managed to go overseas to study and ak open up a construction firm. Our friendship also started to drift apart as ak began mixing with his group of friends & seldom have time to meet up with me as I will be very tired when I booked out of camp and only interested in sleeping when I reach home. 

A few months later, I received a tragic news from ak. Ak told me that j was involved in an accident overseas when the car he was driving was involved in a head on collision with a truck. He was killed instantly. At his wake, ak did not appear his usual self and looks like a man in fear. I asked him what's the matter? He just mumbled that it could be payback time for what they did in the cemetery. I just consoled him that it's just an unfortunate accident but he just kept mumbling that his time is up and he would be the next one. Well, I might have the "gifts" but surely, this is just a case of an unfortunate accident. How wrong I was... 

A week later, I got news from ak's father that he had passed away in a freak accident. Ak was on the construction site doing his usual inspection, when he slipped and fell towards a steel bar. The metal bar went through his chest and he suffered in agony before dying in the hospital. 

Till now, I'm still unsure if these are just pure unlucky accidents or if the spirit that they asked for 4d numbers have claimed their lives? Part of me wanted to believe that it's just a case of unfortunate bad luck to ease my guilt.

But there's always a niggling thought in my mind that, maybe just maybe, I managed to escape this due to me begging the deceased for forgiveness after hearing those piercing screams in the cemetery. You decide. 

Thanks for reading. 

*Ah Kow and John are not their real names.

Your brother's ex-boss was smart and did the right thing by going back to apologise and by not buying the winning 4D numbers.

I believe either the female spirit or some other deity claimed the lives of John and AK for what they did.

Usually, it's not a good idea to seek for instant wealth using such unorthodox methods.

If it is given to you, it could be something like the spirit takes your "future wealth" and gives it to you now. Then you will be very poor in the future.

Otherwise, the spirit could also take your lifespan, convert it to wealth and give it to you now. Once you receive the wealth, you will die shortly after that, like what happened to John and AK.

Guest Pam Anderson
On 9/27/2021 at 4:55 AM, Guest Tai Seng said:

Legit quick question: Do entities and poltergeists disturb more females than males?

My first encounter with the paranormal started when I was 7 or 8 when i lived in Stirling Road 🛣️. My grandma told me our blocks of flats were built on top of graveyards.🪦One night before I slept I saw a black creepy twig- like hand knocking on the window panes and seemed as if it was trying to come into my bedroom! There was a corridor outside so no way it could have been the tree branches..I was really f-adongdong freaked out and didn't dare to sleep alone that night and asked my grandma to accompany me n didn't dare to turn off 📴 the lights too! 

Another encounter was at a swimming 🥽 club where I used to work. I lived only 5 minutes away. One night I was doing OT alone as the next day we had swimming competition and I had to prepare many stuff . Suddenly my boss's chair 💺 rolled from the left to the extreme right! At the same time arch files 🗄️🗃️also fell one by one onto the floor and I was really spooked as I have previously heard of many hauntings that happened there at the club. But I didn't experience anything until that night! I quickly took my bag 🛍️ turned off the aircon in the office and ran out the door shaking  ..I didn't want to stay to see how the prankster that was creating the poltergeist activity looked like. Pity we didn't have any CCTV in the office else that would have captured some paranormal activity.

The next day I jokingly asked my boss if his soul came back to work lol ..My colleague who worked at the front desk back then too saw a figure in the bathroom after her shift ended at midnight when she went up to the 4th floor to change. She said she shivered and cried all the way as she ran down the stairs..she took 3 days MC after that incident. I have many more encounters but will leave it till next time .. 😨

I notice that too.maybe because girls can scream louder

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder...why must ghost wears either white or red?
Why not blue, polka dots, batik, checkers...etc? I believe there are many fashion designers that are part of the ghost community.

One evening I decided to go for a walk to build up my stamina, after having recovered from a bout of illness a couple of years ago. 

I went round the neighbourhood, and just as I walked along the footpath at the start of the mrt station which has some big trees, I sudddenly felt a drastic drop in energy and was dizzy and nauseated for a while. I slowed down my pace and continued walking. 

Little did I know that the same sensation hit me once again when I reached the end of the mrt station. I knew that something was not right, but I brushed my thoughts aside. It was around 8pm that evening, and the place was still crowded and there were taxis at the nearby taxi stand. 

But there were a couple of fatal accidents at the traffic junction over the past years. Having read the stories shared here in the group, I now realised that my aura was probably weak and I was affected by the negative energies back then.

• 1 month later...

I remember a grisly tale I was told by a modelling friend who used to be in the industry during the late 80s and early 90s.

At one time she is very popular and also she used to travel to exotic places to do photo shoots and cat walk fashion shows.  

But things took a bad turn for her when one of her rival jealous fellow colleague or 'friend' did something "unclean" to her. 

At first she started to feel nauseous, listless and not her usual self. At certain shooting appointments, she just cannot concentrate. She thought it was because is new place, she is unused to, therefore symptoms.

It got worse when she got back home from her shooting trip. Her family members started complaining to her, that she will wake up at night and eat lots of meat, cooked or raw. It is unusual because usually she will watch her diet and strangely, this continued after some time, she didn't even grow fat and in fact, got more listless, fatigue during daytime, stay away from family friends and even threaten to break up from her boyfriend, like a changed person.

Her health soon suffered and her memory of night eating was almost non-existent. But she was lucky to have the support of her boyfriend and her family, just to bring her to the doctors. But even the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with her, other than suggest to bring her to a psychiatrist or psychologist. And that didn't help either.

Soon, her mum brought her to an Indian temple before a group of priests. Somehow the priest performed certain rites to discover that a "jinx" been placed on her and did some "cleansing" on her through prayers and some fire rites. 

Then she recovered for some time and quit the modelling industry. My friend found herself another job as an air stewardess because she still enjoys the overseas trips. 

Little did she know not long after that, not only was the original "jinx" being placed was back and the night-eating continued to the shock of her family. Another "jinx" was placed on her. This time round it grew worse. And even her bf then decided to move on without her.

During the daytime, other than listlessness, she prefer to stay in dark corners and away from any light. Out of the ordinary, she will suddenly suffer pain and started feeling very disturbed by invisible air. 

Her tummy began to have weird movements, which she discovered and even asked me to touch it. I remember this incident because true enough, it moved! And she wasn't even pregnant!

Her family being immensely worried, brought her back to the priests, who confirmed she got doubly "jinxed" and there were more than 1 supernatural entity càusing her pain and suffering. 

The night-eating was a woman spirit whose hunger cannot be appeased, somehow they suspect my friend's food was spiked.

The tummy movements was a child spirit whose soul couldn't rest and kept moving up and down in my friend's body, causing her pain and occasionally showing itself to my friend, night frights and all.

The root cause is they have found that it was a "close" acquaintance that did these jinxes on my friend and just because of jealousy.

In turn for all these "jinxes", this acqaintance also paid a very high price promising this acqaintance's own soul to the very supernatural beings set in exchange to cause my friend's pain and suffering.

Ever since then, I always advise all my friends to always believe in God, have light in their hearts and always have faith in the religion of their choice to uphold the righteousness in their souls. Not to resort to such evil means just like the acquaintance that my friend so unfortunately had.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharing this story from a friend

The 👻 Green House On The Hill

Was taking a stroll on the Hill with a View & decided to climb a steep 50m-long road that leads up to a piece of fenced up empty land with an old rusty gate. At first sight, this 9000 square-metre piece of grass land with an odd wall like structure may not seem like much… until you learn about the fascinating tale associated with it.

This land, located at the highest point in Hillview Estate, used to house the Hillview Mansion & was once the highest and most expensive residential property in the Hillview area. If ever completed, the residents would enjoy a splendid panoramic view of its surroundings. 

Yet, this mansion failed to be completed. The building of the mansion was commissioned by Mr. Chua Boon Peng, who was once the chairman of Cycle & Carriage Industries Pte Ltd. Cycle & Carriage (C&C) began in 1899 as Federal Stores, a small trading company located at Kuala Lumpur. It was founded by Chua Boon Peng’s uncles Chua Cheng Tuan and Chua Cheng Bok. Chua Cheng Liat, who had the Liat Towers at Orchard Road named after him, was Chua Boon Peng’s father and younger brother of Chua Cheng Tuan and Chua Cheng Bok. In its early days, the humble firm traded nutmegs and then diversified to soap, paper and machine spare parts businesses.

It later ventured into the selling of bicycles, motorcycles and cars. It established a branch at Orchard Road in 1916 and shifted its headquarters from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore in 1926. The year 1951 was a major breakthrough for C&C, when Chua Boon Peng clinched an exclusive distributorship agreement with Germany’s Daimler-Benz to sell Mercedes-Benz brand cars in Malaya.

In 1965, C&C opened a $2.5-million plant called Supreme Star Engineering Plant at Hillview to assemble Mercedes, Daihatsu, Isuzu and Volkswagen vehicles. The plant, however, suffered losses and had to shut down in 1980 due to high production costs. Chua Boon Peng stepped down as the company’s chairman in 1985 & the Chua family eventually exited C&C eight years later. 

In the 1970s, Mr. Chua started buying up pieces of land surrounding his factory including paying S$7.3 million for the piece of land at the hilltop. His vision then was for Hillview Mansion to be both a residence as well as his C&C headquarters. Construction of the house started in 1985 and in March 1986, the construction works was abruptly halted. Many rumours circulated within the Hillview community as to the reason why.

The most popular urban legend involves the tragic death of Mr.Chua’s mistress who fell from the balcony while doing a routine inspection during the mansion’s construction. Other stories include a worker being killed by lightning during the construction and a grisly murder case that took place inside the half-completed house. Others speculated that the Government of Singapore ordered the stoppage of the construction of Hillview Mansion for security concerns as the Ministry of Defence headquarters was located right over the hill. However none of this was the real reason why the construction work stopped. 

The truth, as shared by James Tan (see his blog in the comments), is equally fascinating. It had to do with the major Singapore financial scandals of the 1980s, which involved companies like Pan Electric Industries Ltd. & Lamipak Industries PL.

It was the collapse of Lamipak Industries that caused collateral damage to the Hillview Mansion. Lamipak had a subsidiary company called Panther PL. The bankruptcy of Panther PL - a company that Mr Chua had a 38% stake in - made him liable for almost S$19 million worth of loans to the banks. The banks force Mr Chua to sell off many of his assets to repay his loans and this included the plot of land where Hillview Mansion stood. 

As for why the site is supposedly haunted, many stories were told. Urban legend told of the spirit of the mistress that fell to her death when the house was being constructed roaming the site. The interesting fact is even when the mansion was being constructed in the 70s, it was already known that the site was haunted. Construction workers claimed that the haunting was so bad that they refused to carry on work. Bomohs, priest, mediiums, some even from overseas tried to exorcise the place but to no avail.

What has been documented though is that before the mansion was built, there was an incident when a couple was caught in a sudden thunderstorm at the hillside and both were struck by lightning. The lady died instantly while the man survived. This could be the origin of how the haunting began. 

Subsequently over the years, there were reports of banshee cries, wailings, glowing orbs and lights coming from the site. In the 1990s and 2000s, the site was a popular spot for thrill-seekers and ghost hunters looking for spooky adventure. In fact, the name 'Hillview Mansion' was attributed to these paranormal followers as the mansion never had any name. The Hillview Mansion also earned a nickname The Green House for its large patch of grass frontage. It was sometimes called ‘Blue House’ because of its blue roof. Whichever colour you choose to call it, know that it was once ranked together with the Punggol Matilda House (White House) and Pasir Ris Bungalow (Red House) as Singapore’s 3 most haunted “coloured” houses in the late nineties and early 2000s.

In 2006, for unknown reasons, the mansion was ordered to be demolished by its current owner. In December 2006, a massive landslide occurred at the very spot where the old mansion stood. Gossips of the wrath of the spirits spread like wildfire amongst residents of the nearby estates. After the land was stabilised following the landslide, it happened almost immediately again in 2007 !!! A greater massive landslide occurred over the very same slope where the house used to stand and covered up any remnants of the mansion. This time, the landslide even damaged some of the private houses adjacent to the plot of land. This further convince the residents of Hillview community that the spirit of the land would never allow anything to be built on it.

A Singapore Titles Automated Registration System check revealed that the land is currently owned by Victoria Properties & Investment, and this company is a subsidiary of Far East Organization, Today, what is left of Hillview Mansion are just the the rusty majestic gates and a small storage room to the left of it.

• 4 weeks later...

How to see ghost.

My friend told me how to see ghost.  You can try this steps:

1. At night between 12 and 2pm as ghost mostly appears. The room should be dark enough because ghost will not appear in bright place.

2. You must be fully naked as you will attract ghost who is curious what you are doing.

3. Stand In front of big mirror that enough to cover your body from head to toe.

4. Then turn yourself around so the mirror is behind you.

5. Open your two legs wide enough, then bow your head down till you can see yourself between your legs in the mirror.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

I'm going to share a story about my paternal grandma. It's going to be a long story.

I did some research, asked my parents, relatives and elder cousins about my grandma as she passed on when I was really little.

A little history about my grandmother.

She and my grandpa are immigrants from HoiPing (1 of the 4 counties of SiYi) of GuangDong province, China.
They have been through the whole ordeal of the Japanese occupation.
My dad is the youngest of 6 children. My grandpa passed on when he was just a toddler. Hence, my grandma raised all 6 children herself.

She was a head-strong, fierce, and stubborn woman.

She used to live along Sago Lane in Chinatown. Back then, there is another name for that street, Sei Yan Gai (Street of the Dead, or direct translation is Dead People Street).

So all the funeral parlour, or even homes for people who have terminal illness waiting for death.

I don't know if she's a ghost magnet or she has the third eye, but according to my mom, my grandma has a lot of ghost experiences.

When my mom was working as a banquet waitress at Dynasty Hotel (which is called Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel now), she introduced my grandma to be a dishwasher auntie there, too.
My mom always tell me that the ballrooms are quite "dirty" as they always got pressed on by spirits by taking a nap in between services there.

My grandma, on the other hand, wash till the dishes till very late into the night after all the event dinner services. She once saw a headless black figure floating across the kitchen, and she told my mom about it.

My parents got married, and they bought their first home in the Whampoa housing estate. My grandma moved in with them.
My grandma left her job to take care of me and my brother when we were born. 

Our room is facing the corridor and is beside the stairs of the block.
Every now and then, when my grandma is hoaxing me to sleep, she will hear a lady crying from the stairway. She will always tell my mom to check who is crying, but there is always no one there. 

There was once I heard a pack of dogs barking fiercely outside the window along the corridor. I wanted to open the window to take a peek, but my grandma stopped me and asked me to lay down on the mattress and sleep.

Thinking of it now, maybe the pack of dogs were hellhounds? When my grandma was on her death bed due to cancer, she didn't want to die in the hospital. So, she demanded to be taken care of at home. My mom and my aunt were her caregivers at that time.

During the afternoon of the day of her passing, my aunt was cleaning her while my mom was preparing her lunch.  My grandma suddenly shouted in seiyap (a sub-category of Cantonese), "Laai ngo lok heui! Laai ngo lok heui!" (Pull me down! Pull me down!). My aunt panicked and thought she was in pain or was lying at an uncomfortable position on the bed. "Get all my children and grandchildren here now. Everyone has to be here! I saw them. They are here for me!" My grandma grabbed my aunt's arm and said that to her in dialect. She saw the gatekeepers of hell duo, bull head and horse face. 
She passed on on the 20th of august 1994, when we gathered around her bed.

She's well loved by many. Her funeral was for 5 days, but had to extend it till 7 days because my mom went to post her passing on the newspaper and a lot of her long-lost friends and customers wanted to pay their respect.

Chinese believe that the spirit will return on the 7th day of death.
After returning home from the creating process in the late afternoon, all of us gathered to have dinner.

Then the house turned very smokey, like I'm walking through a thick fog. My uncle had to invite a Chinese medium to put her soul to rest properly, I guess? I'm really not sure, as I was too young to understand..

May nainai continue to be at peace. I will see you again someday. We love you ❤️

Guest Zee Bay

Let me share my story, my English  not good, hope u guys understand  what I'm write. 

Fews day ago in the midnight, I just finish hangout with my friend and get going back home. Want to quickly  reach home so I decide to choose  shortcut road to go, that road is long and dark and no any light, also got some rumor about this roud got ghost and bla bla bla(I dont care). Suddenly, my car music start got abit noisy, the sound like  zzzzzz~,my experience  telling me is got something  coming here, then my car suddenly  got a girl sit into back seat there, I   saw the girl with white clothes, short hair, black skin and yelling to me:arh arh(scary sound) I direct scold her say:shut up bitxxh! Don't disturb  me driving! U want dead second time? That girl(ghost)ask me why I dont affraid her? I say give me a reason why I should  affraid a low level ghost? That girl say will make me accident later! Then i make shock face to the girl see and say:I'm scared!no! Dont make me accident! OK done! I finish affraid now, my turn!then I take out my knife from car drawer(for kill ghost  and demon use only) and put at left seat and tell her:give u two option, one is get out my car, two is I send u to jesus and welcome  dont thank  me. At last The girl slowly  disappeared.

On 4/16/2022 at 11:23 PM, Guest King said:

I'm going to share a story about my paternal grandma. It's going to be a long story.

I did some research, asked my parents, relatives and elder cousins about my grandma as she passed on when I was really little.

A little history about my grandmother.

She and my grandpa are immigrants from HoiPing (1 of the 4 counties of SiYi) of GuangDong province, China.
They have been through the whole ordeal of the Japanese occupation.
My dad is the youngest of 6 children. My grandpa passed on when he was just a toddler. Hence, my grandma raised all 6 children herself.

She was a head-strong, fierce, and stubborn woman.

She used to live along Sago Lane in Chinatown. Back then, there is another name for that street, Sei Yan Gai (Street of the Dead, or direct translation is Dead People Street).

So all the funeral parlour, or even homes for people who have terminal illness waiting for death.

I don't know if she's a ghost magnet or she has the third eye, but according to my mom, my grandma has a lot of ghost experiences.

When my mom was working as a banquet waitress at Dynasty Hotel (which is called Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel now), she introduced my grandma to be a dishwasher auntie there, too.
My mom always tell me that the ballrooms are quite "dirty" as they always got pressed on by spirits by taking a nap in between services there.

My grandma, on the other hand, wash till the dishes till very late into the night after all the event dinner services. She once saw a headless black figure floating across the kitchen, and she told my mom about it.

My parents got married, and they bought their first home in the Whampoa housing estate. My grandma moved in with them.
My grandma left her job to take care of me and my brother when we were born. 

Our room is facing the corridor and is beside the stairs of the block.
Every now and then, when my grandma is hoaxing me to sleep, she will hear a lady crying from the stairway. She will always tell my mom to check who is crying, but there is always no one there. 

There was once I heard a pack of dogs barking fiercely outside the window along the corridor. I wanted to open the window to take a peek, but my grandma stopped me and asked me to lay down on the mattress and sleep.

Thinking of it now, maybe the pack of dogs were hellhounds? When my grandma was on her death bed due to cancer, she didn't want to die in the hospital. So, she demanded to be taken care of at home. My mom and my aunt were her caregivers at that time.

During the afternoon of the day of her passing, my aunt was cleaning her while my mom was preparing her lunch.  My grandma suddenly shouted in seiyap (a sub-category of Cantonese), "Laai ngo lok heui! Laai ngo lok heui!" (Pull me down! Pull me down!). My aunt panicked and thought she was in pain or was lying at an uncomfortable position on the bed. "Get all my children and grandchildren here now. Everyone has to be here! I saw them. They are here for me!" My grandma grabbed my aunt's arm and said that to her in dialect. She saw the gatekeepers of hell duo, bull head and horse face. 
She passed on on the 20th of august 1994, when we gathered around her bed.

She's well loved by many. Her funeral was for 5 days, but had to extend it till 7 days because my mom went to post her passing on the newspaper and a lot of her long-lost friends and customers wanted to pay their respect.

Chinese believe that the spirit will return on the 7th day of death.
After returning home from the creating process in the late afternoon, all of us gathered to have dinner.

Then the house turned very smokey, like I'm walking through a thick fog. My uncle had to invite a Chinese medium to put her soul to rest properly, I guess? I'm really not sure, as I was too young to understand..

May nainai continue to be at peace. I will see you again someday. We love you ❤️

*like*

120px-Zoso.svg.png

This happened to someone I knew, the person passed away a while back. Before he passed away, he used to tell me several stories of him helping to cure people from being possessed. His methods are usually thru praying and asking from God, citing verses from the Quran, etc. Let's call him Ali.

There was this one tale where Ali told me of a family that he was called to help. Reluctant at first, as he doesn't know anything about them. Eventually he went over. Upon reaching the house, he felt uneasy. Hair standing on end. Entering the house wasn't a pleasant thing, as he felt something that doesn't want him there. 

Ignoring that presence, he went to the see the person, which the son being possessed. Ali told me the moment he entered the house, the son was already screaming "ASK HIM TO GO AWAY, I DONT WANT HIM HERE!" So after doing his usual routine, the son finally calm down and fell asleep. Ali gave the family some advice, some water and left. The dad (of the family, let's call him J) gave him some money, and wanted to give him an object in an envelope but he declined them politely and left. 

That night, he dreamt of something (in a form a white figure) telling him that the envelope contained an object that has same entity residing, also he had some undescribable nightmare. He jolt up from his sleep, drenched in his sweat. He got up for a shower and proceed to take his ablution before going on with some recitations. After that one meet up, J did call him to come down but he declined to meet them again,

instead telling J to bring his son to the mosque or get someone from the mosque who's much better than him to come down and have a look to assess the situation. He did, on one occasion, to tell J to give the envelope to a mosque and explain to them of their situation, and J, over the phone changed his tone, and became violent over the phone insisting that my friend should have that as a gift. After a while, the line went dead. Ever since, he said he haven't gotten a call from them anymore. 

True or false? You decide. 
Thank you for reading this. Have a good weekend~ :D

Guest Esau36

Reading Hady Jay 's story about the haunted bus on the road reminded me of an incident that happened about 3-4 years back. I love going out for night drives to clear my head after a stressful day at work or just to reflect on my life. One of my favourite routes is Kranji way towards Neo Tiew road as this route consists of pretty nice driving roads. 

Though I know the rough history of the area, and have had my fair share of unexplained experiences having served NS in Sungei Gedong, it's never really spooked me, as most of the time I felt that whatever I saw/felt did not have nefarious intentions.

However, that one night, it was different. Around 1am, usually on fri/sat there would be many cyclists (road bikes) and even some trekkers walking there. That night, it was unusually quiet, and as I drive with the windows down, I felt that it was colder than usual the moment i crossed Kranji dam. I brushed it off and didn't think much.

As I was driving, I saw an old school 1950s-ish bicycle in front of me, something from a bygone era. A man in a straw hat, black shorts and white shirt was riding it, with a towel draped over his shoulder (like those old sch good morning towel). As i approached from behind I was slightly annoyed that he was cycling in the middle of the road (near the lane divider marking which demarcated the different directions of the single carriageway road) oblivious to vehicles behing him. I then did a double tap on the hi-beams to notify him that there's a car behind, and of my intentions to overtake (did not want to honk as the hella horns i've installed might have scared the crap out of him and cause him to lose his balance or smth).

The strange thing is it didn't seem to get a response from him, as most of the cyclists I've encountered using that cycling route are very civic minded and would keep left to let a car overtake safely. Seeing that there were no vehicles on the oncoming lane, I proceeded to overtake, trying to give him some margin. However, as I overtook, I couldn't seem to pass him! It was strange as I didn't see him paddling any harder, his legs were just paddling really slowly but the bicycle was moving faster, I glanced at my speedo and saw it at ... nvm better not say the speed haha.. I knew something was off so i dropped a gear and floored it, as I finally passed him he suddenly swerved towards my car and disappeared,   and I could've swore that I heard a sinister laughter at that moment. 

I e-braked as I thought I might've hit him. Strangely, when i came out of the car, he was no where to be seen, I walked over to the open drain on the side of the road to see if it was possible that he fell inside, but nothing. At that moment I was like better scoot outta here, so I went back into the car, said a quick prayer to God for protection and just drove off. I kept thinking about the guy and his bicycle and how strange it was (it had those metal casing headlight powered by a dynamo kind, very old sch).

As i stopped later on at NTU canteen 2 to go to 7-11 to grab a drink (which i usually do sometimes after my drives in that area), I reviewed the footage on the in-car cam. It was able to record at 1080p HD, what I saw spooked me to no end. I saw myself hi-beaming at a totally empty road, and overtaking nothing, it was like the bicycle was never even there, but I swore that I saw it!

Whatever it was, I had the feeling that it somehow wanted to goad me into doing something silly and maybe crash the car. Till this day I've been curious about it, I still drive down that road from time to time, but haven't seen it since.

Sorry for the long winded post HAHA

• G_M locked this topic