Male HQ

Sugar Free Birthday Cakes

kiddo

hmm i think the topic sounds kinda retard...because where got cakes tat are sugar free...then i will taste bitter? yuck... i have no idea...but well i just wanna try my luck....

my bf have diabetes and he can only eat sugar free stuffs.... his bday is drawing nearer each day... anyone have ate sugar free cakes? or know anywhere tat sells one... care to share??? am willing to pay any price for tat cake... hmm i jsut wanna know where to get them =x

my bf have diabetes and he can only eat sugar free stuffs.... his bday is drawing nearer each day... anyone have ate sugar free cakes? or know anywhere tat sells one... care to share??? am willing to pay any price for tat cake... hmm i jsut wanna know where to get them =x

Cedele

Cakes made specially for diabetics upon request with advance notice of 3 days required. Call them for more details.

http://www.cedeledepot.com/home/news-092005.asp

http://www.cedeledepot.com/home/cakes.asp

Conscious Choice

http://theconsciouschoice.com/cake/options-1.htm

hmm i think the topic sounds kinda retard...because where got cakes tat are sugar free...then i will taste bitter? yuck... i have no idea...but well i just wanna try my luck....

Kiddo,

I am impressed by your concern to get a healthy cake for your BF. And you are willing to pay.

This is what love is about. I salute to you. :clap:

z

Kiddo,

I am impressed by your concern to get a healthy cake for your BF. And you are willing to pay.

This is what love is about. I salute to you. :clap:

thanks nvms.....=)

reflection.... lols this one once a year only... the least i can do is at least get him a cake tat he can eat right?? always see him sitting there while i eat my heart is already broken into pieces already.... this time he can eat both the cake and enjoy it till every last piece and not worrying about his health conditions..... how high the price is... i dont care as long as i see him happy i am happy =)

only cakes from cedele ar?? got any others?? please give more suggestiong please =) really want him to have a great bday this year!!!

Well, u dont have many confectionery choices in Sg..... The amount usage of sugar and trans fat found in Singapore confectionery are really scary. :(

only cakes from cedele ar?? got any others?? please give more suggestiong please =) really want him to have a great bday this year!!!

Well, u dont have many confectionery choices in Sg..... The amount usage of sugar and trans fat found in Singapore confectionery are really scary. :(

gosh only tat ar... lols.. hmm i think i will make a trip down one of these days to see if there are any nice nice designs for the cakes or not =) thanks nvm =)

Not all that taste sweet contain sugar. There are many sweeteners that are not made from sugar. e.g. sorbitol, maltitol, mannitol, aspartame, acesulfame-k, etc.

This website teaches you how to make you own sugar free cake.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1625,155190-242204,00.html

Wow this is really a good one....Yeah it seems very easy, and thats what u think, but I can tell u the chances of getting a nice looking cake wasnt that easy. Not to forget, this is a birthday cake.... Just a plain looking cake with nothing on it. How pathetic....

I been thru all these, so I know all the trouble.. And honestly, can u tell me how many guys in Singapore know how to bake?

1 c. raisins

1 1/2 c. water

1/2 c. butter

1 egg

1 c. oatmeal

1 tbsp. artificial sweetener

1 c. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Boil raisins and water. Add other ingredients. Bake in loaf pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until done.

Makes 20 slices.

reflection: hiyo i was asking if its expensive or not cause i never bought a sugar free cake before...lols i thought uncle ob got cheaper offer...

Nvm & "UNCLE" OB: lols huh want me bake my own cake ar? i think i will even before i am done the kitchen will be full of flour le =) or rather i would be playing with the flour.....anyways ya i cant bake a cake so bo bian if can i will also bake....hahaha hmm ob nick suits uncle infront =)

ALL: thanks all for giving so many pointers and recommendations..anyways how does sugar free cake taste like?? bitter or what? its not sweet right?

kiddo...

suger free is just sugar free. it dun mean 'not sweet'

sugar substitute that is 'sweet' is still sweet.

so you will taste all the cake - just no sugar sugar... actually other ingredients there are also contianing sugar, just replacing the sugar part just 'greatly' reduces the sugar content. not eliminate it completely.

if you are so worried how it will taste, then you must go buy a slice and tastes it before buying.

haha you are one young kid... and got bad mental discipline (nothing degortory about that - just young)

you must NOT think this cake you tasting is 'sugar free' else your brain will tell you it taste different no matter if you accidentally got the sugar full one...

do a blind taste test... get a friend to switch it all over wif a real one, and see if you can tell the difference.

on a sidenote - can you taste pepsi from coke? hahaha betcha you can't. not in a blind test... it's proven at the university level where a 300 student class took the test... haha

lols oh i thought the cake taste bitter =x lols.. so yea they use sugar subsitute....hmm i can tell the difference between pepsi and coke... i think... lols i gonna give it a try =)

Do keep us update on the cake u ordered, I haven't try it either, a close friend of mine gave me the link :lol:

Btw, kiddo... you might want to get the plant 'Stevia' for your bf. The leaves are a natural sweetener that is more than 10 times sweeter than sugar and is safe for diabetics. He can use the leaves for making teas and sweeten up his food safer...

You mean those leaves which were offered to us during the farm visit ? Yes, it tastes cool. I thought you bought one pot of that plant. Why now growing like forest and you can sell now ?

z

Some basic info of the plant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

That is provided Kiddo is cooking/baking himself :)

Kiddo, just my another suggestion, if you think getting a sugar-free cake is something which you cannot done with,

how about a fruit salad in a bowl, on top of it boil some jelly/gelatine powder with water and pour over the fruit salad, to make jelly abit sweet, add some apsatame like equal powder. Set the salad in jelly water cool than left it in the fridge for a few hours, at the end, its a whole bowl of fruit jelly, over turn it in a plate and you have a cake look alike with lots of fruits, you can even stick candles on it :)

Give it a try, no cooking involve except boiling of water plus jelly/gelatine powder

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

lols thanks croc and asura... hmm i dont even think he would take care of tat plant but it sounds interesting... croc do you have details and cost of a pot of that plant?? i think i would wanna get it for him.. so if he feels like eating something sweet can just pluck the leaves and eat =x

croc ar!! Please remember to tell me the info i need!!! his bday coming soon le... if possible hor can help me get tat pot of plant =x lols... now must mug till my o level finishes!!!thanks =)

asura i did those cup jellies before... lols.. its nice.. but it would take alot of time... i need a fast and easy method= buy... its not tat i dont wanna do but its tat i would be having my prelims from today onwards till 27 and his bday is on 26... so i kinda need to settle everything and my prelims too =) maybe after my o levels then i throughly celebrate it with him ba... all i pray now is just tat he wouldnt think its too much of a simple celebration....

and yea thanks asura... the info on the stevia... hmmm obesity... lols maybe my bf can lose some of it.. high blood pressure... since he have to deal with me i guess his blood pressure is constantly on the high mode ba....and of course diabetic is my main worry.....got erm for potency or not huh =x lols... must make him hornier =x

The plant can be bought at the Dragon Fruit Farm along Lim Chu Kang Road... Cheap, less than $5 per pot... Needs watering to keep soil moist but not too wet and good sun (not shaded)...

I am not able to go to the farm soon leh... but you don't have to get the plant as a birthday present bah... Can be a nice surprise anytime mah... :)

• 2 weeks later...

hmm guys i am back to tell you that the cake from Conscious Choice is simply delicious!!! i ordered a truly tuffle cake.. it taste like brownies.. but... its sugar free... and it still taste sweet.... so for those with diabetes you can eat it.. and usually when you eat those non- sugar free brownies you will get a sweet sour after taste.. but for this cake you willl taste nothing..... its really good.. though i spent 72 bucks on it... it is still worth it...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.