Male HQ

Gay In The Apprentice Show

Tight Ass

I completed watching the latest Apprentice (S6) not yet shown in Singapore. One of the black guys admitted he is gay and he designed a pink flowery swim wear that didn't sell well and he later argued (in the board room) that his target market is gay community in LA. Donald trump and his guest don't like the pink design and find it disgusting for a male swimmer. The most disgusting part was Donald Trump than used his pen to pick up the pinky swim wear claiming that it look disgusting to him. He threw it in front of the black guy and fired him. I hope this apprentice is not going to sensationalise the negative image of gay. :blink: It has been too much for gay community in recent years. :(

he designed a pink flowery swim wear that didn't sell well and he later argued (in the board room) that his target market is  gay community

------------

well. we (be it in LA or here) don't have to wear pink flowery swimwear to be gay - i am sure those sexy arena swimmimg trunks appeal to gays alot more - do we have to be so "stereo-typical" that it has to be "pink and flowery"? maybe that gay black guy can think further than just 'pink and flowery"

older4younger

he designed a pink flowery swim wear that didn't sell well and he later argued (in the board room) that his target market is? gay community

------------

well. we (be it in LA or here) don't have to wear pink flowery swimwear to be gay - i am sure those sexy arena swimmimg trunks appeal to gays alot more - do we have to be so "stereo-typical" that it has to be "pink and flowery"? maybe that gay black guy can think further than just 'pink and flowery"

The reason for him losing the game was because he chose PINK. It is not so much on the design. :unsure:

Personally, even if I didn't watch, I will still fire him...

Anyone who thinks that being gay means liking or wearing pink and flowery stuff is just an idiot... And worse, creating an general impression (a wrong one somemore) for us is wrong to begin with!... Hmm!... :angry:

When i watch the show again. He think pink was an IN colour in the market. The greatest mistake he made in the board room is to keep protecting himself and arguing that gay loves pink! and probably some straight would like it too. That made Donald Trump boils and threw the pink costume asking him keep it as souvenir and fired him straight away. I am worried this show may cum to Singapore soon. Associating Gay = Pink Image is just not right :(

Fire him la... DT did the right thing...

Don't even have to look at the pink swimwear...!

He is simply generalising like all non-gays...

Gays are feminine as such they behave feminine and likes pink!

Is it really so in the real world?

The first test already showed the other female group hiring gays from the street to sell their car washing services. Seem like florida is a gay paradise. :ph34r:

Apprentice is a reality job interview show where every week different tasks were given to the contestants.

TightAss, i think you are reading too much into the results. basically like what the others said, pink can be a very loud color even for the hardcored gay. Moreover we should also see what's the target market that particular tasks are targeting.

If like what the black said it is for the gay community, did he present his marketing activities targetting on that group? if not, he practically created a wrong product for the wrong target market.

like the tagline said, it's just business nothing personal...

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

BTW, that show has the worst ratings ever for Donald Trump here in the US. Hence NBC did not renew it for another season, and the show was even shuffled off prime time. The problem with a reality show like The Apprentice is that there is no scalability. i.e. Nobody knows really what happened to the winners from the previous season. They sort of dropped out of public life, hence lack of audience interest.

The success of reality show winners (or losers) depends largely a lot on life after the show. What they did with their success. I.e. Elizabeth Hasselback from Survivor- Australia is now a host on The View, Jennifer Hudson from American Idol went on to win an Oscar, as few of the contestants from America's Next Top Model went on appear on TV and commercials here in the US.

This in contrast to The Apprentice where once the winner wins, he or she is shuttled into the corporate world of Trump and remains out of the public eye pretty much and audience lose vested interest in the show.

Love. 

BTW, that show has the worst ratings ever for Donald Trump here in the US. Hence NBC did not renew it for another season, and the show was even shuffled off prime time. The problem with a reality show like The Apprentice is that there is no scalability. i.e. Nobody knows really what happened to the winners from the previous season. They sort of dropped out of public life, hence lack of audience interest.

The success of reality show winners (or losers) depends largely a lot on life after the show. What they did with their success. I.e. Elizabeth Hasselback from Survivor- Australia is now a host on The View, Jennifer Hudson from American Idol went on to win an Oscar, as few of the contestants from America's Next Top Model went on appear on TV and commercials here in the US.

This in contrast to The Apprentice where once the winner wins, he or she is shuttled into the corporate world of Trump and remains out of the public eye pretty much and audience lose vested interest in the show.

I don't think those Apprentices want to be popular like celebrity. They just wanted to earn big bucks in the corporate world and lead normal life. Whereas models & idols are the one constantly put under spot light for people to adore because that is where these celebrity earned their daily keep. :P

• Guest locked this topic