Male HQ

Which One Norton Or Mcafee?

I had been using the Norton Internet Security for some years and a friend of mine said that McAfee is actually better than the Norton. So some how so confused?

I know that Norton is so expensive and about a month before the yearly subscription expires, the screen would be flooding with pop-up and they kept prompt to extend it which I found a bit nuisance. If it's week before expiry then I would consider it more appropriate.

I was told too that Norton would take a lot of memory space in comparison to McAfee.

Would Moderator IkuTube advise on this. Thanks

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

I have been using McAfee for sex years. And i did not encounter any problems for my Deskstop or Notebook.

Am a Happy McAfee user.

Yes, Norton tend to take up more storage space and use more memory. Most Branded Desktop in the market are pre-installed with either 3 moths or 1 year Norton. People whom are not good in IT/Software will carry on the subscription when it expired. That make Norton popular in the market.

Give McAfee a try, you will love it.

Cheers

Ps: Beside having a Internet security suite, is better to have "Spybot - Search & Destroy" too, Its free.

If anyone is to ask me what is good or best, I just don't have the answer. 'Good/Best' is impossible to answer :D

Personally, I stay away from Norton, and McAfee too, and have not been using it for the last few years. Yet, there are others, including good tech savvies, use and swear by either of these two. :) When I was using it, Norton caused a lot of networking issues that, and often novice, will pull their hair.

I am a mild security conscious person. These are the few security programs that I used to protect my system:

1. Hardware firewall - Since I am using a router, I rely on its firewall. To me, it is far better than a software firewall.

2. Windows firewall - haha, it's lame but since it is free, why not? :P

3. Free AVG antivirus - *touch wood*, it often keeps my system clean but you need to update the definition daily. I schedule daily virus scan too.

4. Spybot S&D

5. Lavasoft Adware

6. Firefox browser, which I feel is more secured.

7. HijackThis - recommended if you know what you are doing :)

If you need to choose and internet security software, how about giving ZoneAlarm a try - Free Licence Download. I used it before and it was simple and good enough. Dumped it when it often blocked my 'prawns' download activities and giving me alot of headache to achieve faster torrent downloads :P

I hope I am not confusing you. :)

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

i've only started using antivirus software eversince getting an original win xp pro.

now running vista business.

my antivirus software of choice is

http://www.free-av.com/

and

http://www.avast.com/

personally i do not swear by antivirus protection. however i do swear by wearing a condom for anal sex. unlike a firewall, you cannot install one up someone's ass.

i use either of this two because both doesn't make my system sluggish. and i always like things made in germany (avira. bmw, bauerwurst - trying to find a halal version. if anyone has any ideas pls let me know. the only other non german thing i like is swedish meatballs)

personally.

in this day and age.

safe internet browsing practices as oppose to installing all the whatevers whatevers into your pc.

like medication. prevention is better than cure. and what better mode of prevention apart from

1.) surfing safely. it helps to use Firefox. pls google.

2.) downloading credible softwares and this includes OPENSOURCE softwares and websites that are pro clean softwares. pls google.

3.) research research research. remember. google is your friend.

Virus Bulletin

Guest Guest

the paying version of avg has antivirus, antispam as well as firewall - a complete package. the subscription is for 2 years, whereas all others are for 1 year only.

Hi ikuTube,

I'm currently using no. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 plus zone-alarm as well. Do you think it is worth paying $$ to get the commercial lava-soft adware? I'm asking this question because the free one does not have real time protection. I always wonder whether it is necessary.

Thanks!

Hi ikuTube,

I'm currently using no. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 plus zone-alarm as well. Do you think it is worth paying $$ to get the commercial lava-soft adware? I'm asking this question because the free one does not have real time protection. I always wonder whether it is necessary.

Thanks!

Personally, I feel it is not necessary. If you really need a real time security protection, opt for Microsoft's Windows Defender.

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

Personally, I feel it is not necessary. If you really need a real time security protection, opt for Microsoft's Windows Defender.

Iku ..... May I ask you a question whether Microsoft's Windows Defender can also function as Mailguard or similar which could prevent from unwanted junkmail entering to mail inbox ? Thanks

Microsoft's Windows Defender can also function as Mailguard or similar which could prevent from unwanted junkmail entering to mail inbox ?

I used this before Microsoft changed the name to Windows Defender. As far as I know, it does not prevent unwanted junk mails. This program is not a 'plug-in' for emails.

Junk mails is something that we have to live with, at least for now until a better law set in. Meanwhile, we just need to filter them and be careful not to open unknown/unwanted emails in the inbox.

Junk mails is something that we have to live with, at least for now until a better law set in. Meanwhile, we just need to filter them and be careful not to open unknown/unwanted emails in the inbox.

Okay thanks. Understood ....... like people put some unwanted flyers in our letterbox.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.