Male HQ

Big Bug In Bw? [Fixed]

Guest BW_Bug?

Hi moderators,

I think there's a big bug lurking in BW.

I'm being signed in to different usernames each time to refresh the page. FYA please.

Sorry I made a mistake doing some optimization work. It is a misconfiguration with our server caching. I have since reverted the configuration and it should not happen now.

Wah Bern, be careful leh. Very scary.

I was even HendryTan for a moment....if I feel like God-mode jialat liao.

Guest Jackomaki

Sorry I made a mistake doing some optimization work. It is a misconfiguration with our server caching. I have since reverted the configuration and it should not happen now.

Hey Bern, Jackomaki here, it's still happening :x 

Guest Careful Next Tine

Quite a serious mistake, some users were able to log into Mod HenryTan's account and access his inbox messages etc...luckily it was not accessed by those trying to create trouble..

Hi all concerned Bw'ers, 

Maybe you'll want to clear your cached data, i cleared my entire history and it seems fine now :D 

Good luck

Cooking is my passion. Music is my life. Reading is my sanity. 

Bitching about you keeps me happy. 

"People fear because of a lack of understanding, and a lack of understanding comes from a lack of proper communication on both parties, so to resolve fear we need to first resolve communication"

Guest Glyph

Bern mentioned server caching and has reverted the configuration so I'm guessing if you're still experiencing the log in issue, doing a cache refresh (Ctrl+F5) should do the trick. If it doesn't, then you may need to clear it from your browser's internet history options menu manually.

While I understand you're trying to enhance the forum, but it had caused some intrusion of privacy issues...

For one, someone else (whoever that was) read my unread messages.

Let's hope this won't happen again eh.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

1. Sorry for the terrible mistake, Indeed, I was doing some optimization work due to the recent increase in server load and made a SERIOUS oversight.

2. The Problem: This morning (22 Jun 2015), from 10:30am - 11:15 am, some Guest/Members managed to see BlowingWind Content Pages of other members/guests (ie same URL).

3. How did it happen: I was implementing a cache to speed up pages, but by accident, it showed the cached-page to other people who were accessing the same page (ie same URL).

4. Impacted users: Members/Guests who accessed BlowingWind today 22 Jun 2015 10:30am - 11:15am when the cache was turned on. These members potentially had the blowingwind content pages they were viewing exposed to another unrelated person due to a mix-up of cache information.

NOTE: Members who did NOT access BlowingWind during the above time period, you are NOT exposed.

5. BlowingWind Rectification:
When the problem was discovered. we have immediately
a. Disabled the faulty cache and revert back to the old system settings.
b. Removed all cache pages to prevent further exposure.
c. Restarted the servers to prevent anything that may linger in memory.

6. As a further precaution, I've gone ahead to
a. Clear all PHP sessions / data related / unrelated to member accounts.
b. Invalidated all cookies used to save User's Login
Because of (6b), all BW Members will have to Re-Login on their browsers and/or mobile phone.

7. I advise all users to clear their browser cookies and cache so they do not encounter any errors (if any) when further browsing Blowingwind.

8. Let me reassure readers that this is NOT a hacking incident by external parties and that we treat everybody's privacy as a matter of extreme importance in this forum, and that such incidents will NOT happen again.

9. The moderators are mostly closeted individuals. And this incident has made me doubly aware about privacy issues. Like members/Guest, some of the Mods who were accessing BlowingWind at that time, their pages were exposed to other readers too.

10. Please accept my sincere apologies for the cock-up.

P.S. Please send me a pm if you face any issue on the above.

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

• Guest locked this topic