Male HQ

70 Inspirational Quotes About Letting Go And Moving On

iamziz

70 Inspirational Quotes About Letting Go And Moving On

tumblr_nqw8pjGefO1s4y4hjo1_500.jpg

Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.
—Daphne Rose Kingma

Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.
—Hermann Hesse

Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.
—Ginni Rometty

I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.
—Jeffrey McDaniel

I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.
—Ashley Rickards

Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
—Guy Finley

There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.
–Jessica Hatchigan

The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.
—Faraaz Kazi

Pain will leave you, when you let go.
—Jeremy Aldana

I think every girl has that a guy she has trouble letting go of.
—Rashida Jones

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.
–Lao Tzu

Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.
—Steve Maraboli

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
—Oprah Winfrey

The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
—Steve Maraboli

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
–Justin Timberlake

Suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting sufferings go, then you’ll come to realize how unnecessary it was for you to drag those burdens around with you. You’ll see that no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival.
—Osho

Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
–Leo Buscaglia

Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.
—Deborah Reber

Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.
—Stephen King

I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.
—Gayle Forman

It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.
—Angelina Jolie

If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.
—Sarah Dessen

There’s a trick to the Graceful Exit. It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, a relationship is over – and to let go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its value.
—Ellen Goodman

I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.
—Fridtjof Nansen

The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.
—Tammara Webber

Change can be good but its always tough to let go of the past
—Emily Giffi

I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve but when I’m done, I’m done.
—Turcois Ominek

When you leave,
weary of me,
without a word I shall gently let you go.
—Kim Sowol

Letting go. Everyone talks about it like it’s the easiest thing. Unfurl your fingers one by one until your hand is open. But my hand has been clenched into a fist for three years now; it’s frozen shut.
—Gayle Forman

“It’s time, Perry”. He let her go. She took a step back, taking in his face one last time. His green eyes. The bend in his nose and the scars on his cheek. All the tiny inperfections that made him beautiful. Without a word, she turned and made her way downhill.
—Veronica Rossi

What happens when you let go, when your strength leaves you and you sink into darkness, when there’s nothing that you or anyone else can do, no matter how desperate you are, no matter how you try? Perhaps it’s then, when you have neither pride nor power, that you are saved, brought to an unimaginably great reward.
—Mark Halperin

You can meet someone who’s just right, but he might not be meant for you. You break up, you lose things, you never feel the same again. But maybe you should stop questioning why. Maybe you should just accept it and move on.
—Winna Efendi

The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss.
—Rebecca Solnit

They say when you really love someone, you should be willing to set them free. So that is what I am doing. I will step back and you will move on. I will let you go….Your happiness means everything to me. I will listen for your voice in the distance. I will look at the moon. I will keep you in my pocket. I will carry your smile with me everywhere, like a warm and comforting glow.
—Tabitha Suzuma

When I say I’m going to forget you I know it’s impossible to forget someone I once knew. What I want is to erase you from my thoughts and purge you from my memories. I’m saying it’s what I wish for, not what is or could ever be.
—Donna Lynn Hope

If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.
—Amit Ray

You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself.
—Mandy Hale

Sometimes the door closes on a relationship, not because we failed but because something bigger than us says this no longer fits our life. So, lock the door, shed a tear, turn around and look for the new door that’s opened. It’s a sign that you’re no longer that person you were, it’s time to change into who you are. It’s going to be okay.
—Lee Goff

The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.
—Baltasar Gracián

No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on.
—Alexandra Elle

What people resist is not change per se, but loss.
—Ronald A. Heifetz

Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.
—Steve Maraboli

You will say good-bye for all the right reasons. You’re tired of living in wait for his apocalypse. You have your own fight on your hands, and though it’s no bigger or more noble than his, it will require all of your energy.

It’s you who has to hold on to earth. You have to tighten your grip—which means letting go of him.
—Melissa Bank

Letting go of someone we love is the hardest thing we will ever do. Some people never surrender to love for the fear of being hurt. But to not have loved, to not have felt the immense joy it brings, would have been a far worse kind of death.
—Goldie Hawn

If you only knew how to respect my heart, I wouldn’t have found a reason to let you go.
—Jourdane Erasquin

It is by giving the freedom to the other, that is by letting go, we gain our own freedom back.
—Aleksandra Ninkovic

Accept the fact that you will grow apart from people you’ve had significant relationships with. Understand when someone no longer positively affects your life. Let them go. Don’t hinder your growth
—Unknown

If love becomes too painful, then it’s time to let that love go and save yourself. You have to keep this in mind because you’ll be able to find another love but not another self.
—Robert Tew

The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will. Let them go.
—Robert Tew

If someone doesn’t care to accept you, respect you, believe in you, don’t hesitate to move on and let them go. There are many who love and appreciate you just the way you are.
—Amaka Imani Nkosazana

Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.
—Roy Bennett

You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go… You don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on.
—Marta Mrotek

Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day, it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self.
—Tere Arigo

Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good.
—Eleanor Brownn

There’s no point in arguing and loving someone who doesn’t want to be with you and doesn’t want to keep you in his life.. the real person will try harder to reach out and work for the best and what’s supposed to be done to their relationship.. but things are not so good this time, it’s time to try letting go.
—Ressha

Let go, or be dragged.
—Unknown

You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging on.
—Sue Fitzmaurice

Relinquishing control to another person is like death: it’s only scary until it finally happens.
—Agnostic Zetetic

The bottom line is this; when one person stops being a part of your life, another one will come, and fill that empty space. Leave the ones who left in the past, right where they belong, and never look back.
—Ena Snow

Letting go is the willingness to change your beliefs in order to bring more peace and joy into your life instead of holding onto beliefs that bring pain and suffering…
—Hal Tipper

Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a point at which you finally decide to let go.
—Wilfred James Dolor

Sometimes you have to let things go. Sometimes you have to stop caring for a minute.
—Trina Etmanskie

The moment after being let go, when we can finally let it go, is the moment when love once again has hope.
—Brian MacLearn

Letting go is not getting rid of memories. Memories will stay, they always do. Letting go is making sure that the pain associated with the memories goes away.
—Arti Honrao

You’ve got to know when to let a woman go if you want to keep her,and if you don’t want to keep her you let her go anyhow so it’s always a process of letting go, one way or the other.
—Charles Bukowski

You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them…but still move on without them.
—Mandy Hale

She let him go once. Every day demands that she release him over and over again.
—Julianna Baggott

Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.
—Octavia Butler

Even as I hold you, I am letting you go.
—Alice Walker

Source: http://thoughtcatalog.com/lorenzo-jensen-iii/2015/07/70-inspirational-quotes-about-letting-go-and-moving-on/?utm_content=buffere450f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic