Male HQ

Yogurt + Manuka Honey

Guest Yo

Hi, I accidentaly bought a natural and tasteless Greek Yogurt. So I decided to mix it with manuka honey. Since both have some form of beneficial bacterial content, will they destroy each other goodness? But they taste nice when mixed together.

Guest yoshitosh

That is how the Greeks eat their yoghurt...with honey. I feel the taste compliment each other.

Try Acai fruit sorbet/gelato w greek yoghurt.....with a sprinkle of granola....

Can we eat yoghurt everyday?  I find some has very high saturated fat like the GREEK brand.  I just bought a new 1kg tub, FORME brand, low saturated fat. Going to mix with cereal, berries and nuts for my daily breakfast.

• 1 month later...

I bought mine called "Woodland's" organic MG200 Raw manuka Honey - product of New Zealand. Will blend a few drop into my Yoghurt.  Just replenished a 1kg tub yesterday. Chose Forme brand with low saturated fat.

I bought mine called "Woodland's" organic MG200 Raw manuka Honey - product of New Zealand. Will blend a few drop into my Yoghurt.  Just replenished a 1kg tub yesterday. Chose Forme brand with low saturated fat.

There are different grades of manuka honey. Check the UMF ratings. If no ratings, the effectiveness is probably just near to ordinary honey...no need to pay extra!

• 2 weeks later...

Mwnuka honey is overrated and overpriced as the UMF special anti bacterial property will be destroyed by stomach acid once digested. Ordinary honey will be just as good.

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2015 at 4:00 PM, Guest Guest said:

Mwnuka honey is overrated and overpriced as the UMF special anti bacterial property will be destroyed by stomach acid once digested. Ordinary honey will be just as good.

Destroyed by stomach acid?  So I have been wasting money, paying $68.25 for 500 gm raw manuka honey UMF15 from NZ.   Addicted to it spread on toast with butter.

Is there any ordinary honey with a textured taste like Manuka? 

i dont really trust honey (of any brand), to me, it is only glorified sugar.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2016 at 6:44 PM, Matth said:

Well ... At least it benefits your mouth all the way down to your esophagus? Haha. But to be honest, I'm not too sure about the "destroyed by stomach acid part" though .. I'm still sticking to my manuka nonetheless haha

You can be sure it does not.  I was baiting the absurd assertion ‘destroyed by stomach acid’.  If that’s true, how will ordinary honey will be just as good?  Wouldn’t it be just as bad or useless.

Manuka is getting more and more expensive for the simple reason that demand outstrips supply  -  the manuka-producing bees cannot be forced into producing more to meet increasing demand.  

On 04/03/2016 at 4:06 PM, Blog said:

You can be sure it does not.  I was baiting the absurd assertion ‘destroyed by stomach acid’.  If that’s true, how will ordinary honey will be just as good?  Wouldn’t it be just as bad or useless.

Manuka is getting more and more expensive for the simple reason that demand outstrips supply  -  the manuka-producing bees cannot be forced into producing more to meet increasing demand.  

Yes! Used to be able to buy in Australia, A$10 for 500g bottle. Now it's double the price...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.