Male HQ

How To Steam Fish?

If Yan can cook, IkuTube also wanna try :D

Anyone can lay down the preparation and recipe/ingredient as how to steam a fish? Haha, and I don't mean just to put the fish for steaming hor :lol:

Thanks in advance. :)

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

IkuIku,

There are many ways to steam a fish, depends alot on your favourite style actually. I will continue this tread by collecting all the different steam fish recipe.

Than again, there is alot of fish and steam method combination...

Fish

1. Promfet

2. Garoupa

3. Tilapia (a number of spieces, common seen is Nile Red, chinese call it

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Hummm i tried bf, but it is self-made recipe.

Materials

===============================

Ginger x1

Tomato x1

Small Chilli (optional) x2

Spring onion x1

Soya sauce x1 spoonful

Salt x1 teaspoon

Sugar x1 teaspoon

Sesame sauce x1 spoonful

Chinese alcohol x1 spoonful

Directions

==================================================

Descale fish make a few cuts on fish and swap with salt and soak in little amt of water

Leave the fish alone LOL while u

Cut ginger to slices (Giner removes the fishy smell)

Cut tomato into 4 slices (tomato is healthy and sweeten the chap of the fish)

Cut spring onions and chilli into small sections

Add all the ingredients u cut to the fish. (I put most of them under the fish)

Add the Chinese alcohol, sesame oil and sugar.

Steam the fish for 15mins.

Should be edible then. haha

Thanks, Imperial Cook! :)

Can't wait for your recipe :clap: :clap: - will try each of your steam method. Hmm, looks like my fish gotta wait for now.

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

Thanks, Andy! :)

Add all the ingredients u cut to the fish. (I put most of them under the fish)

And the recipe is called, err "Fish Top, Ingredients Bottom"? :D

I love COD fish so this how I steam my COD.

B4 I steam the COD sliced in steak form, I marinate it with soy source, and spread a thin layer of potato starch ..to make it shine

First I fried cut small onion for the topping. Put it aside.

Use the oil which I fried the cut onion ealier on the wok.... Fried some cut big onion till u get a nice fragrence!! Pour ..mayb like 3-4 table spoon of oyster source. Let it cook for a while. Add a small amunt of water... fried it for a while, scoop it out on a bowl, put it aside.

Now steam the marinated COD steak fish. No additional ingredient needed to kill the fishy taste as COD is not fishy. Steam for around 10 mins. Make sure its cook just nice n sofe, Don't over cook!! Spread the cooked oyster source onto it.. Sprinkled the fried cut small onion on it... and searve it on the meal table..

Yummy I hungry already!!

Don't worry, Be happy

I have my own recipe which I intend to write in my recipe book of home cooking... :P

I use a lot of spring onion and garlic... with some ginger, onion and chilli as well as oyster and soy sauce...

Guarantee your fish will not have the fishy taste and you will want to finish the whole fish... :lol:

Of course, the position of the fish relative to the ingredients is important... I always lay my fish on top of thick spring onions...

I agree with maturemedium: steaming time is approx 10 min, though I was told best is 9.5 min.

Steaming time refers to placing the fish on the steam tower when the water is boiling and oozing steam, not putting the fish in place and wait for the water to slowly boil.

Personally I dun add sesame oil and sugar, but add in some XO.

:P

Okay, since Andy had posted his secret recipe of steaming fish, let me refine it abit, cause the ingredients sounds very much like the traditional TeoChew style Steam fish.

Sorry for the wait Iku, have been busy last week with Vesak day (don't wanna talk much of how to kill a fish on Buddha's day :P ) And on 2 day MC now, hahahaha

The ingredient are pretty much the same as what Andy had describe, except the sagar part which will make it more to hong kong style, which I will post at a later date.

The soya sauce and the salt are basically smear on the surface of the fish, while the rest of the ingredient be spread around the fish or stuff at the cut section. For traditional teochew style, there will be some extra ingredient:

Salted Vegetable - For a fish approx 600g, you will need about approx 100g of it.

Toufu cube - small toufu cube (about 1.5cm cube size) can be spread along the side, the toufu are know to suck up all the fishy smell

Pork fats - sliced of pork which contains 2/3 fats are also included.

For a recap:

Materials

===============================

- Ginger x approx 5 slice, can be cut to shredded if you like to eat the ginger

- Tomato x 1, cut to 6 parts

- Small Chilli (optional) x 2 pcs, cut to shredded, do remove the seeds, incase it gets too hat for your taste

- Spring onion x 1 pcs, cut into long stalks about 5cm long

- Soya sauce x 1 table spoonful smear it on the surface of the fish

- Salt x1 teaspoon (for health conscious, this can be ommited)

- Chinese Wine (

Hong Kong Steam Fish

There are 2 different ways of steaming fish in the Hong Kong(Cantonese Style) style. Both I have tried and either way is nice.

First step ingredient:

Fish - approx 600 to 800g (mostly garoupa, seabass, Soon Hock)

Spring Onion - One stalk will do, thick and cut into half length (approx. 10cm long)

Gnger - approx. 6 to 7 slice

Prepare the fish as I have describe above. Please the fish in a big steaming plate and rest the spring onion and ginger on the fish. Some of it can go in between the cuts too.

Steam the fish for a good 7 mins or plus, than take the fish out of your steamer, take away the ginger and spring onion, pour away the water that had gather on the steaming plate. You can also use the water for the second part.

Second step ingredient:

Oil 2 table spoon, any kind of oil will do.

Soya Sauce - 1 table spoon

Sesame Oil - 1 teaspoon

Sugar - 3 teaspoon

Aginomoto - 2 teaspoon, can be replace with chicken enssence powder

Water - 1 cup, can use the same water when steaming the fish in step one

Put all these ingredients into the wok, and stir til boiling. Pour it on the fish and serve

Alternative second step:

Replace the soya sauce with Oyster Sauce and the rest of the ingredient the same. Add some spring onion (cut into long stalks of 5 cm) when boiling. Pour on the fish and serve.

Sorry for the wait Iku, have been busy last week with Vesak day (don't wanna talk much of how to kill a fish on Buddha's day :P ) And on 2 day MC now, hahahaha

No need to apologize, Asura. And thanks for all the recipes. :clap:

Hope you've recovered. Take care.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.