Male HQ

I Miss The Old Bw When People Were Nice

nicefatboy

I dont know about others but I miss the old blowing wind when there were interesting things to read and the topics ranged the gamut from a to z.

Then, the people were nice and friendly. I was very keen to log in daily because there was much constructive dialogue and sharing of information. Even became good friends with some total strangers.

Its sad that postings have dropped in recent months. But what's worse is that guests and members are busy flaming and bitching each other. PLUs should show solidarity.

It will be a sad day if the forum should die a natural death as everyone slowly stops posting due to animosity with each other or some careless comment made.

Life is short, live and let live. To each his own. Make love not war.

I think it may be because life back then wasn't so stressful? What with so many ERP gantries these days, and the spike in prices and the rise in GST, and then extension of CPF drawdown dates and all....people feel that they dun have a say in the situations around them. So how do they vent their pent-up anger and frustration?

They log on to Blowing Wind forum and vent their frustration loh.

Its ok...its not their fault, its the govt's fault.

hahaha...

in a way i agree with threadstarter... used to be a lot nicer...

met my first real buddy and soulmate from this forum... although the relationship has developed, blossomed, withered, and mutated by nature and convergence and divergence of any 2 dynamic spheres, which themselves are growing (i wonder if you can visualise the concept of it first in 2D, then in 3D) we are still very much connected... at least in my imagination...

just hope more can meet and become seriously connected friends, beyond sex, into the very lives, lifestyles, and philosophy... hobbies, interests, and real best friends kind of love... (not the kissy kissy type love which has a lifespan shorter than a rose... imho)... and continue to progress and develop.

People ARE nice here. That's the reason why I keep coming back every day when I get bored answering office emails. I like how most of the posters here are real decent singaporeans. Taking their time to contribute positively.

Just because we all suck dick doesn't mean we can agree on the dicks we want to suck. Diversity invites discussion.

And there are always the idiots who bitch and moan about every dick under the sun.. but you learn to turn them out like static noise. Life is too short for smelly dicks like them.

Instead of complaining about how things used to be, why not do something about it? Contribute your experiences. Start a meaningful topic. Make the best of things.

I agree with both NFB and TC...

People are nice here... And they can show that they can have the capacity to continue to be nice...

Sometimes, we need to just take a step back after reading something we do not enjoy/like/appreciate and take a deep breathe, close the window and then come back again and read it in a different light/mood/feel or just skip it...

If you need to retort, retort gently and nicely...

Avoid conflict... Afterall, with ONLY words, the real meanings can easily be missed out... Sometimes, we forgot that people cannot read our tones and gestures when there are only words for them to see...

Sometimes, some people are a little careless with words but if you actually see them speaking, you know that he is not a bad person and he has no bad intentions... This is especially so after you know the person...

I also love it when there were no word fights... I know there are people who will flame this and say that the world is not perfect and that one cannot expect nice people everywhere and everyone sweetening their words just to pretend to be politically correct... :rolleyes:

The thing is, everyone is entitled their comments and views... If you can comment, others can too... And some are just naturally not so good with words and the way to pen it down... So, like I mentioned it before, after you read something that might anger you, take a step back, take a deep breathe, do something else first, skip the post first etc... And return to it later and you will feel better... And then things can be better...

I have my moments too... And most of the time, I regret that I react too fast too early...

So, my friends... Cool it... We are all here together... No point messing things up...

Cheers!

ah bua,

but the problem hor, someone thinks he is wise because of his nick and thinks he is ABOVE all of us but what he cannot see through is his own ego. Trapped in his past sorrow, like a woman....he is old cunt act tight and get himself frustrated with everything around him. :D

Hummm, i dont know abt the old BW at all..

but wat i can say is that i did make some friends here! ;) and am certain that more friendships would blossom.

Also, it is also through this site I got a glimpse of what singapore gay scene is like!

When people in jap. Ask me abt singpore PLUs, I would either a) direct them here if their eng. Is okie, or b) translate and provide info. to them. :thumb:

What more installed for all of us in BW is coming and yet to end. Be with us and i dont think there is anything to regret..

if u are in singapore y not join the gatherings/dinners people BWers organise? that is something i envy too :)

Aiya, it's so easy to get nostalgic about the past and look back at it with rose-tinted glasses. People now will hastily dismiss the mediocrity of today and succumb to over-praising the past. People now will say the pop music in the 60s is the best lah, the movie golden age is in the 40s lah, the best literature were written in the 50s lah.... many years from now, the new generation of BWs will recall fondly how 'good' the quality of contribution to BW was (esp in the year 2007 :D ), I hope :D . Last time, where got 'Imperial Kitchen', 'a p--n/joke/quote a day', 'traveller hut', 'IT rest room', and other interesting discussion and field reports on masseurs and crusing places, etc.... threads which kept me coming back. So, lets all make the best of today and prove the others wrong by contributing positivley and prolifically . :D

(I kind of miss of Lungker's writing though. I hope he is doing well :D )

NFB, I still do think that there are nice people in here. Maybe not all are nice, but I am sure majority of them are.

Having said that, even nice people get into arguments sometimes. To me, it's not what, but how they resolve their arguments that speak volumes of their characters. If we can't agree on certain issues, let's agree to disagree.(I know this sounds very cliched!)

I believe the old BW did have its ugly moments. For as long as there's a group of people coming together to share their opinions, there will always be the possibilities of disagreements, flared tempers, crass remarks etc. taking place.

At the end of the day, when the heat has dissipated, I do hope that we will extend our hands to each other and make up...cause we are really the only ones that we have for each other these days. :)

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

Guesty, nice try, are you the kind of people who likes to stereotype yourself?

NFB, yes, the old forum people is nice, but so do the forum people now. How much have you yourself been mixing around? Due to your busy work schedule, we have not been seeing you for many times. Or are you guessing and putting a expression or mood on every post that is written here?

Not everyone in the world would have the same opinion, thoughts, likes, dislikes. When there is more than 1 person, there is politics. You can say for sure people are now showing more active in placing their opinions and comments, and as when these gets more, conflicts bound to happen.

When conflict happens, confrontation follow, and the clashes of ideology definately would end up 2 ways, either both party disband, or one side have to give in to agree to what the other had said, be it base on friendship trust, or be it base on facts.

But of cause, on and off, there is always some smart alec, who had provoke mass destruction on himself and yet he is the last one to know. Should I say the oneself is insensitive or sensitive? Yet, in any given place, there is always politics, be it coffeeshop or starbucks (I don't mean i support them). Are you gona not let go of what happen in the past, may it be sweet or sour or bitter, and look forward to a better tomorrow? Or you rather stay nostalgic about the past?

Remember, nostalgic will slowly form lethargic :lol:

A story for you. Sorry it had to be in Chinese. I no EC, I CC. :P

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Hey, Asura, relax la....

You seems to be uptight lately.....Just one stab at humor certainly does not deserve such a torrent of outrage from you....

Frankly, I am surprised to say you can read so much "insight" into one sentence of mine.

And yes, i stand by my point....gay people are more bitchy! <_< Especially as compared to straight men!

Darling, i never say u bitchy hor...

I just said gay people are bitchy.

I have been to straight guys only forum, mixed forum, girls only forum and gay forum.

And the impressions i get are gay forum most bitchy, followed by those forums for girls. :lol:

Oralb.. share share. Being a mod doesn't make you sexless.. just look at Gachi and his thick stick!

TC dig further.. OB has lots to share.. he certainly is not sexless la.. I can vouch for that...

*wink*wink* at OB

Live a life and live it well. Be forgiving and all will be well

Live A Life, Live it Well. Be Forgiving, All will be Well.

Guest Guest_JustMe

Some stereotypes i picked out from reading this thread -

Gays are bitchy? Generally, they TEND to be bitchy, but not ALL are. For sure, there are some who are very bo-chap and nonchalent about a lot of things like moi here....

TopChinese said "Just because we all suck dicks..." nah...not ALL suck...I DUN... :D

I dont think we can say Gays or Straights are bitchy. There are all kinds of ppl in all walks of life, whether gay or straight, whether asians or europeans.... There all always bad apples in a box of apples. So no point saying which is bitchier...

Live A Life, Live it Well. Be Forgiving, All will be Well.

Guest Very Old Guest

Well, I couldn't agree more with the tread starter. I've been around since the days when BW was a webpage on geocities and the forum was just an extension of it.

People then were nicer I would say and less antagonistic and less pushy of their views. Of course today there are people who say there are nice people. Its their own kind they find its nice. I don't want to point fingers at who they are but I just find they have some kind of "attitude" Even when they're not out to creat trouble, they just have some way to put things across that they will never realise it's not the best way.. I'll let them be.

In a way I understand what LupCheong was getting at.. though I can't be 101% sure who he's talking about.

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

Yes I agree. Back then, people were nice to each other and posted constructive words of wisdom to build each other up and console those who needed it. Now, even a simple topic could easily be turned around and twisted to become poisonous arrows by those who just want to post something just to stir up the members/guests who posted it. It is sad that these reckless, insidiously sarcastic and unthoughtful remarks were allowed and I can see that it just silence/deter those who are genuinely here to contribute to the forum. It seems though this forum has become a rather "closed" discussion between those few who are always too ready to bicker and bitch about others and amongst themselves.

Guest, we should not live in the past, most old BW readers know how to respect each other, that's why people will remember & miss them, don't you think that's enough? we can't expect thing forever same, that's impossible, what we can do just have more tolerant & try to understand one another, if the person very stubborn & unreasonable, then we just smiled & ignored him, everything will be alright, just remember that we come here just to kill time, not here to get upset & get angry, not worth it

Edited by snowball

Guest Local brand

What to do? Singaporeans were happy lot 10 years ago without much foreigners intruding into our lifestyle. Now see what the govt did? import 1.5 mils foreigners and ruin everything we treasured in the past. Let's move on and don't look back unless you believe you will not age and always stay younger.

• 6 years later...
On 10/9/2007 at 1:18 AM, nicefatboy said:

I dont know about others but I miss the old blowing wind when there were interesting things to read and the topics ranged the gamut from a to z.

Then, the people were nice and friendly. I was very keen to log in daily because there was much constructive dialogue and sharing of information. Even became good friends with some total strangers.

Its sad that postings have dropped in recent months. But what's worse is that guests and members are busy flaming and bitching each other. PLUs should show solidarity.

It will be a sad day if the forum should die a natural death as everyone slowly stops posting due to animosity with each other or some careless comment made.

Life is short, live and let live. To each his own. Make love not war.

Generally people are no longer nice island wide.

Change is the keyword. We don't usually adapt change easily. Thus we complain and don't like to post any opinion. Time is the essence and given a chance to try it will go well.

This is a very good informative sure I cherish. So keep posting your valuable views to share. I'm also learning at my age. Thank you folks for sharing.

11 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Yes, change is mind-boggling...how did Singapore become like this? Lots of pp paying forward...but paying forward the bad stuff?! :swear:

Maybe it's karma taking shape.

Guest No worry

This world is always filled with good people and bad people. It's similar to a half filled glass of water. You can see half filled thirst quenching water or you can complain that it's half empty.

We should be glad to mix with good people here.

We cannot avoid bad people but that doesn't mean we can hide from them and pretend they don't exist. We need to fight back and push them back. 

Those nasty guests may be anonymous, you'll be surprised that despite their anonymity, they feel hurt when scolded, it's karma that gets them even though they thought nobody knows them. Other than scolding them, there's no point arguing with them.

I was thinking something like this the other day. So much for "no attitude" and "mature men". But maybe if enough good people participate, we can change the way things are?

Guest 72%dark
11 hours ago, aberrant said:

I was thinking something like this the other day. So much for "no attitude" and "mature men". But maybe if enough good people participate, we can change the way things are?

Another member asked me a while back why I continued to come here even though many of the posts aggravate me (and I don't try to meet people from BW anymore). I thought hard about it and realized that if I took the easy way out and stopped posting, then other users (potential or actual) who might have similar values and sensibilities as me would never feel welcome because they never see those types of points of view represented. (You know what they say about being the change blah blah…) Over time the place would become an echo chamber for disdain, narrowmindedness and so on.

1 hour ago, 72%dark said:

Another member asked me a while back why I continued to come here even though many of the posts aggravate me (and I don't try to meet people from BW anymore). I thought hard about it and realized that if I took the easy way out and stopped posting, then other users (potential or actual) who might have similar values and sensibilities as me would never feel welcome because they never see those types of points of view represented. (You know what they say about being the change blah blah…) Over time the place would become an echo chamber for disdain, narrowmindedness and so on.

Yup, BW should be full of nice pp! :clap::clap::clap:

Just now, Guest said:

Move over , the world is always on the changed by stupid people who are bosses , rich people , management level idiots  by many retard worshippers !

And worship by retards with their ways , rather ...

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Move over , the world is always on the changed by stupid people who are bosses , rich people , management level idiots  by many retard worshippers !

Anyhow , many stupids here will still question how could it be changed by them , go figure about butterfly effects , stupids ! 

14 hours ago, aberrant said:

2 hours ago, 72%dark said:

The Forum needs people like the two of you.  "Thank You!" for being here.  While there are many kinds of us - with different background, walks of life, etc - the two of you are like a drop of ink into the ocean.  This is how change can be effective, slow but surely.  Importantly, just not to lose heart.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Just now, IkuTube said:

The Forum needs people like the two of you.  "Thank You!" for being here.  While there are many kinds of us - with different background, walks of life, etc - the two of you are like a drop of ink into the ocean.  This is how change can be effective, slow but surely.  Importantly, just not to lose heart.

Thank you.

I'd like to confess that I've been here a lot longer than my account suggests, because Hendry deleted my original account a long time ago, and I re-joined last year. Not important why I left, and I can't remember why I re-joined, plus I doubt anyone will remember who I used to be. 

Things are definitely different now. There was a lot more tolerance for difference (both of opinion and in appearance) and BW wasn't as much about hooking up as it is now. I liked it a lot: felt accepted, and included, even though I didn't ever join in a gathering or a meeting. And there were a lot more stories, many of them erotic - I guess porn is more easily available now but it was good to hear that other people were having adventures, and that it wasn't all a fantasy. I spent a lot of time chatting in real time on IRC, too.

It reminded me a lot of my university days. I went to school in another country which had a much more mature gay scene, that was also more inclusive. I won't say that there aren't superficial people there, because shallow people are everywhere, but the scene in that country had spaces and niches for all sorts. I could go to a club and hang with the raver boys or the emo goths or the twinks or the jocks in their muscle shorts or the bears or whatever, and I had friends from all sorts of different groups. (And got with some of them, too, yum!)

I've always hoped that Singapore would move in that direction. Thought BW was a good start, and full of really great guys. These days, well ... 

I know what you mean about a drop of ink in the ocean - but I'd like to say that people piss in the sea all the time, and it's still no different. I don't think that's very effective at all.

9 hours ago, aberrant said:

I know what you mean about a drop of ink in the ocean - but I'd like to say that people piss in the sea all the time, and it's still no different. I don't think that's very effective at all.

I like the contrast to the statement - an ink and the 'piss'.  It actually makes me to smile at the wisdom :).

Haha, now imagine the volunteering works of the Mods.  If all the good guys are to leave, what's left for them?  As a member myself, this Forum has taught me much about life.  It is not about the people (members and guests) but the crux of the matter on all postings.  It shows me how much there is to information.  As much as I desire for all things good, all things nice, this Forum has also taught me that is not the order of our everyday lives.  All that I can comfort myself is, it is just a bad day and not a bad life.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Haven't been here for that long so can't say for sure what BW was like then, but I do know where everyone is a close-knit "family", there's little room for bad behaviour. The transition from past to present may perhaps be what happens when a group grows into a crowd that is, if not to make matters any worse, further segmented into cliques. Just take #sgboy or #teens as compared to other smaller channels, I'm sure the difference is clear.

Not exactly in the position to comment anyway, I think I got infected somewhere along the way.

• Guest locked this topic