Male HQ

Any One Been To Russia?

luvmaturejap

Hi luvmaturejap,

Kool, How long was ur trip? and how was Russia overall?

I intend to make a trip there too.. but, maybe another year or 2. Wanted to take a ship from Hokkaido to Russia! :B)

Anyway, i looked up the internet and there are 2 squares, haha. Arts square and Palace square. The following link has pics/videos, etc. can the place u mentioned be found at this stie?

Russia

BTW, would anyone be interested in the Hokkaido-Russia via Ship trip? Its a long shot but i thought i just ask :)

Thanks guys. Appreciate your effort for helping :thumb: , but the place I am looking for is not in the link you have offered. The place I am trying to recall is in the city, has a long large office-like building in the background, has a lot of fountains, and a statue of Stalin (or someone important in modern-day Russia history) in the centre of the square. I have upload a picture in imagevenue and attached the URL here. Not sure if it will work.

th_10600_0918-167a_st_petersburg_122_630lo.jpg

By the way, Andy, to answer your question, it was a 10-days trip minus 1 day flight to Moscow, and 2 day flight back to Singapore. The temperature is between 8 to 15 deg Celsius, and the days I was there, there were some light rains. Overall, it is still a pleasant trip and everything looks big and spacious unlike Singapore. The churches (or Cathedrals as they are called) are beautiful. St Petersburg is beautiful with its wide Neva River and classical buildings lining its banks. Only bad thing is that there are pickpockets. Two members in our tour group got pick-pocketed. :(

TopChinese, can't tell you much about the Russian studs, since I am not into young studs. :D

• 2 years later...
Guest Andrey

Thanks guys. Appreciate your effort for helping :thumb: , but the place I am looking for is not in the link you have offered. The place I am trying to recall is in the city, has a long large office-like building in the background, has a lot of fountains, and a statue of Stalin (or someone important in modern-day Russia history) in the centre of the square. I have upload a picture in imagevenue and attached the URL here. Not sure if it will work.

th_10600_0918-167a_st_petersburg_122_630lo.jpg

luvmaturejap, this square is called Moscow square, and it is the largest in the city. It is on the way from the airport to downtown, so one cannot miss it. The fountains are marvelous indeed, just opened in 2006. I was there 2 years ago (Russian-Canadian myself, haven't been there in ages) and remember how difficult it is to walk around on that square with the jaw dropped all the way to ground in amazement :) The boys in StPete are good looking too, college jock types - too bad I prefer asian guys (there are quite a f ew in StPete though, thanks to excellent Asian programs at local university). Cheers, Andrey.

• 3 years later...

i went there before, they are not very open to Asians. Was there 3 years ago alone in St Petersburg. Didnt experience any negative incidents and actually plenty of positive ones when people helped me even if we didnt hav any common language.

St Petersburg is very beauitful! but too expensive. I also met this belarusian and visited his place, a rented room in a really run down apartment. He invited me for a lunch and i realised that the big disparity between the rich and the poor as i was couchsurfing at a relatively well off russian place.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.