Male HQ

Things To Do In Johor Bahru (Jb)

wilfgene

On Mondays, from JB Sentral, take any bus with "KSL City" indicated on it.  Eastern Dragon sells Malaysian fresh water fish for RM$1,000 a kilo.  Walk uphill along the market,  there is Sky Lounge of Paragon Hotel with view of JB and Woodland, if there is no haze.

Jia Jia soya milk, Ngee Heng "Pig Intestine Powder(?)" and a stall specializing in fried fritters with prawns are close to the junction with Jalan Rusa 2.

There is a water theme park in KSL Resort Hotel and a cinema in the adjoining shopping complex.  For a cheap breather from the "madding crowd", there is a field between the evening market and "Maze", the gay sauna and drinking joint.  

Last bus back around 22:30.

Guest alispenn

I prefer pasar pagi to get lontong and kueh, got any in Sinjiapo?

Not on the island, but on Saturdays around 09:00, within walking distance from Larkin Transport Terminal, next to the Outdoor Stadium, there is a Farmers' Market.  Alighting from 170 bus, walk through the wet market attached, cross the road, turn left. cross another road in the same direction, walk till the immediate end of that stretch of road and turn right.

On Mondays, from JB Sentral, take any bus with KSL City indicated on it.  

Jia Jia soya milk, Ngee Heng "Steamed Pastries(?)" and a stall specializing in fried fritters with prawns are close to the junction with Jalan Rusa 2.

Eastern Dragon  sells Malaysian fresh water fish for RM$1,000 per kilo.  Sky Lounge in Paragon Hotel, up hill, offers view of JB and Woodland.  There is a water theme park in KSL Resort Hotel and a cinema in the shopping center attached.

If the crowd gets maddening, there is a field with benches on the way to Maze, the gay sauna and drinking joint, in front of a whitish building known as Crystal Crown Hotel.

Last bus back to customs around 22:30.

I  gather then the earlier post was not scrapped.

• 2 weeks later...

Not on the island, but on Saturdays around 09:00, within walking distance from Larkin Transport Terminal, next to the Outdoor Stadium, there is a Farmers' Market. Alighting from 170 bus, walk through the wet market attached, cross the road, turn left. cross another road in the same direction, walk till the immediate end of that stretch of road and turn right.

On Mondays, from JB Sentral, take any bus with KSL City indicated on it.

Jia Jia soya milk, Ngee Heng "Steamed Pastries(?)" and a stall specializing in fried fritters with prawns are close to the junction with Jalan Rusa 2.

Eastern Dragon sells Malaysian fresh water fish for RM$1,000 per kilo. Sky Lounge in Paragon Hotel, up hill, offers view of JB and Woodland. There is a water theme park in KSL Resort Hotel and a cinema in the shopping center attached.

If the crowd gets maddening, there is a field with benches on the way to Maze, the gay sauna and drinking joint, in front of a whitish building known as Crystal Crown Hotel.

Last bus back to customs around 22:30.

I gather then the earlier post was not scrapped.

After clearing jb customs, how to get back to bus 170? Never try this as i always proceed to city square

After clearing jb customs, how to get back to bus 170? Never try this as i always proceed to city square

Follow the sign to "bus platform."  Ez-link card still applies.

The bus inter-change is beneath the pedestrian overpass, in case you miss it.

The Mondays-one is a evening market. 

Who moved my post to this thread?

In case you are a swimmer, bus 66 stop by AEON Jusco, 7 minute walk to Johor Jaya Bowling Stadium with HUGE pins on it, attached with a German pub, on the other side of the flyover.   The sport complex with badminton courts is across the alley.  Closed between !3:00 and 14:00.  Sauna from 17:30.  Oysters are also available in the hawkers center.  Other buses from the stop opposite head south, passing by Maze, the sauna to Customs.  Advisable to take the bus before 21:00.  Beware of pick-pockets and snatchers.     

Not on the island, but on Saturdays around 09:00, within walking distance from Larkin Transport Terminal, next to the Outdoor Stadium, there is a Farmers' Market.  Alighting from 170 bus, walk through the wet market attached, cross the road, turn left. cross another road in the same direction, walk till the immediate end of that stretch of road and turn right.

Wrong direction.  Behind Larkin Transport Terminal,  there is a Larkin Plaza.  Facing the Plaza, keep to your right, pretty much down hill all the way.

• 6 years later...
  1. Visited "HEALING TOUCH SPA for men" on Monday,
    25-4-2022,
    from 12.30 to 2.30pm.

2. paid SGD $128.

3. I shall post a detailed review on 30th April, on this thread, & also my visit to Palacio Gym (Johan Avenue), Johor Bahru.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.