Male HQ

Walton International Landbanking

Guest worried

Guest worried

I'm hoping to hear from fellow investors of this Landbanking company. Maybe we can get together and see what action to take. Strength in numbers.

I was 'hard sold' and promised that my project will exit in 3 to 4 years when i bought in 2008. Then they say worse case scenario is 6 years.

It's supposed to exit latest in 2014. Now they say need another 5 years. And the saleman now turns back his words and says he never made those promises to me. I invested almost all my savings with them. The salesman also seem not keen to meet up. He will say there is no update so no need to meet.

Anyone here in the same shoes? Or know anyone in the same shoes? 

Any past or present employee from this company who has insider info to share?

Just wondering if I should just continue waiting endlessly ...?

Was persuaded to attend a sales talk many years ago and straight away I was able to see it as a scam.   

Another scam is the holiday sharing or something like that.  They wanted to stop me when I was walking out.  I said, 'I'd call the Police!'

There are many other scams, esp. those of a MLM nature.  

Then there are 'friends' who try to exploit you in the name of friendship.  They are not true your friends.

I started investing with Walton since 2002. I had a few investments in Canada which had exited and am currently holding on to 2 investments in the US market. Consistently, Walton had told investors at all seminars that the duration of their projects is 3-5 years. One of my investments that exited fall within this time period but another took 8 years. The returns were not stellar as during those early years where I just entered workforce, I needed to take loan to finance the investment. The explanation then was that the Canadian tax law allows the investor to still make good returns as the tax interest paid were tax deductible. Bottom line is I got back my investments and made some profits but after many years. Most important is that you must have holding power.

I am not waiting for my US investments to exit and see what kind of returns I could make. In 2011 or so, Walton changed their strategy in which the land is cut into more affordable portion of US$10K per unit and no mortgage loan is allowed. 4 years have passed but the lands are still not ready for exit.

Guest worried

I started investing with Walton since 2002. I had a few investments in Canada which had exited and am currently holding on to 2 investments in the US market. Consistently, Walton had told investors at all seminars that the duration of their projects is 3-5 years. One of my investments that exited fall within this time period but another took 8 years. The returns were not stellar as during those early years where I just entered workforce, I needed to take loan to finance the investment. The explanation then was that the Canadian tax law allows the investor to still make good returns as the tax interest paid were tax deductible. Bottom line is I got back my investments and made some profits but after many years. Most important is that you must have holding power.

I am not waiting for my US investments to exit and see what kind of returns I could make. In 2011 or so, Walton changed their strategy in which the land is cut into more affordable portion of US$10K per unit and no mortgage loan is allowed. 4 years have passed but the lands are still not ready for exit.

Thank you for sharing. I hope to get in touch with you and other Walton investors in the same boat. You can email to me: guozhilow@gmail.com.

I was sweet-talked to invest in 2008 in Texas Austin area in US. The salesman and his female boss told me high chances can see my land exit in 3 years because so many favourable factors, like there's already a school there and whatnot. It's different from their other projects because developers will come in soon and build houses.

His female boss told me she's so confident will exit in 3 years. He told me exit will happen between 4-6 years, and "worst case scenario" is 6 years. Won't be longer than that. I told him i need the money after a few years and cannot park my money there too long. 

But last year when it's the 6th year, suddenly he told me sorry due to poor economy in US, now you have to wait another 3 to 5 years. 

I feel stunned and cheated but what can i do? Now he sing different tune and say he never promise anything and this is a longterm investment. Even if i want to sell now also difficult to find buyers. And will be at a loss. Can you imagine after parking my hard earned money there for 6 years, take it back at a loss?

Call me stupid or naive. But i believe him and invest all my life savings at that time. Was hoping by 6th year can use the money for my life expenses.

Now the saleman keep saying no update yet, will inform me if there is any updates.

Any advice on what i can do? Is this company reliable? Anyone here work before in this company?

They say they have so many investors in Singapore. i'm sure there are some in this forum. Hope to get in touch with you.

For real estate, don't buy what you can't see and touch. Landbanking may not be regulated, in which case you are on your own. Anyway, the public mustn't always look to MAS when their investment turns sour. Take some responsibility for your own money.

Guest worried

I hope fellow Walton investors can get in touch for mutual support. My email: guozhilow@gmail.com

Hope to hear your personal stories investing with this company.

Has anyone lost any money before? Will our land ever exit?

Guest PaperProperty

Last time, an ex-colleague of mine approached me. I rejected her offer as paper property doesn't sound very convincing to me. Furthermore, I am not in US and no way to find out what kind of development are they into. 

Feel sad for you TS. Hope you can break even or somehow get the money back.

I have this motto in life,

if an investment is soooo good and valuable and profitable , most businessmen would have grabbed it for themselves and kept quite about  where the goldmine is located,

those that advertise widely and have a lot of sales people dressed nicely with slick brochures and promised you very good returns are usually investments that really smart investors would stay way from with a one mile pole,

properties that are not good usually have sales people giving out brochures for months on end,

if the investments is that good , the LAO pan and fat fishes would have kept it for themselves and their own connected family members , only the crumbs and lousy , good for nothing and very risky ventures would business men will open to the public to co invest to spread out the risks..

this is the law of the jungle applies in business too...

Good investment , people hush hush keep among themselves..

those that advertise and trumpet loudly , is usually high risk and they need to spread out the risks or sell something that other people dont want.

that is why there are salesman and sales talk and salemanship.

The really good ones , teh big fishes keep it among themselves and their heirs , and in inner circle talks at SICC golf clubs... LOL

Report to Monetary Authority of Singapore on this. See if they have intervene. MAS regulates on financial licenses.

You think the government will do anything about it? The top on this social order are the politicians, followed by the corporations, then comes the foreigners, with the PRs following suit. The rest of the animal kingdom comes after that, and then the flora species. Singaporeans lie at the bottom.

So you think MAS will care about you?

You think the government will do anything about it? The top on this social order are the politicians, followed by the corporations, then comes the foreigners, with the PRs following suit. The rest of the animal kingdom comes after that, and then the flora species. Singaporeans lie at the bottom.

So you think MAS will care about you?

Stupid comment made under anonymity.

I have this motto in life,

if an investment is soooo good and valuable and profitable , most businessmen would have grabbed it for themselves and kept quite about where the goldmine is located,

those that advertise widely and have a lot of sales people dressed nicely with slick brochures and promised you very good returns are usually investments that really smart investors would stay way from with a one mile pole,

properties that are not good usually have sales people giving out brochures for months on end,

if the investments is that good , the LAO pan and fat fishes would have kept it for themselves and their own connected family members , only the crumbs and lousy , good for nothing and very risky ventures would business men will open to the public to co invest to spread out the risks..

this is the law of the jungle applies in business too...

Good investment , people hush hush keep among themselves..

those that advertise and trumpet loudly , is usually high risk and they need to spread out the risks or sell something that other people dont want.

that is why there are salesman and sales talk and salemanship.

The really good ones , teh big fishes keep it among themselves and their heirs , and in inner circle talks at SICC golf clubs... LOL

One of the best common sense advice here.

Guest worried

I really wish to get in touch with fellow investors. We can give one another support and exchange news. If anything happens, we can band together to protect our rights.

I'm sure there are fellow investors here. Or you know a friend or family member who has put their life savings with this company.

Please email me at the email below. Hope to hear from you.

guozhilow@gmail.com

This is the company website below. Do share your experience. Did you make any money from this investment?

https://www.walton.com/

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/12/2015 at 6:28 PM, Guest worried said:

I'm hoping to hear from fellow investors of this Landbanking company. Maybe we can get together and see what action to take. Strength in numbers.

I was 'hard sold' and promised that my project will exit in 3 to 4 years when i bought in 2008. Then they say worse case scenario is 6 years.

It's supposed to exit latest in 2014. Now they say need another 5 years. And the saleman now turns back his words and says he never made those promises to me. I invested almost all my savings with them. The salesman also seem not keen to meet up. He will say there is no update so no need to meet.

Anyone here in the same shoes? Or know anyone in the same shoes? 

Any past or present employee from this company who has insider info to share?

Just wondering if I should just continue waiting endlessly ...?

Me too.I was quoted 4~6 yrs projection time.Now they say need another 9 yrs more on top of this!

Guest worried
13 minutes ago, abkt said:

Me too.I was quoted 4~6 yrs projection time.Now they say need another 9 yrs more on top of this!

What is the name of your property? I face the same situation. I was quoted 4 years with 6 years as worst case scenario, but now told need another 5 more years on top of this. But they told you 9 years. Let's see if what they say are consistent or they just say different things to different investors?

Btw I found this on the internet. I think we should really get together and confront these people to explain. Is this the end of our hard-earned money?

https://waltonanalyzed.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/is-walton-a-good-investment/

http://www.jacksonheraldtoday.com/archives/6331-Is-investment-firm-misleading-local-governments.html

http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-reviews/land-development/walton-international-group-in-calgary-ab-21734/complaints

Those of you in the same plight can email me below.

guozhilow@gmail.com

This sounds a lot like the recent Cufflink Holdings saga reported. If they don't fall into the regulatory powers of the MAS, there is not much the govt can do. If it all fails, read your sales contract and see if you lodge a civil court case, though this route will be quite costly.

Hope you get back your money soon.

Bumping up this thread in the hope of gathering fellow investors together.

If you yourself is trapped in this investment or know a friend or family member in same situation, please email me at  guozhilow@gmail.com

Let's come together to share info and think of solution.

Is this any different from investing in unit trusts and then the world markets hit the fan like this week? It may take years to recover. Like they say markets can go south as well as north.

• 1 month later...
Guest insider

walton exited like 40 projects, many of these exits took 5 to 10 years longer than what they projected in the first place, the return after tax after mortgage interests after forex is 1 % or 2 % p.a if you are lucky.  i know of many of these exits got negative returns indeed.

the worst is there are more than 400 projects they are managing for over 10 years has nowhere close to exit into the next 15 to 25 years when the sales told their clients it's a 4 to 6 years project.

4 hours ago, Guest insider said:

walton exited like 40 projects, many of these exits took 5 to 10 years longer than what they projected in the first place, the return after tax after mortgage interests after forex is 1 % or 2 % p.a if you are lucky.  i know of many of these exits got negative returns indeed.

the worst is there are more than 400 projects they are managing for over 10 years has nowhere close to exit into the next 15 to 25 years when the sales told their clients it's a 4 to 6 years project.

What is the basis for what you say? Is it based on facts or you anyhow say? 400 projects for 10 years and nowhere close to exit into the next 15 to 25 years? How do u know? Many exits got negative returns? Which exits have negative returns?

• 2 months later...
Guest Investment Funding

We can finance your project if viable on a good ROI.
Send us your business plan on my email,for review and discussions on 
possible project financing if you need funds for your project.

Sincerely,
Saeed Obaid Butti
Email: mr.saeedbutti@gmail.com

On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 9:26 PM, Guest Investment Funding said:

We can finance your project if viable on a good ROI.
Send us your business plan on my email,for review and discussions on 
possible project financing if you need funds for your project.

Sincerely,
Saeed Obaid Butti
Email: mr.saeedbutti@gmail.com

This is another scam, remember the time share saga, be careful !!

Dear All,

I have read your posts with interest.

Your best course of action is to sit down with your Walton representative, in Hong Kong, Singapore, China or wherever you're based and go through your specific project update and the audited schedule of exit returns which is fully transparent.

For initial assistance, i am happy for you to contact me directly at timothy.haywood@walton.com

Best regards,
Tim

• 9 months later...

I want to sell my Walton Investments and am told I can't.  Why not?  I think there must be some way around this...how can Walton tell me what I can or cannot do?  I hate my advisor who put me in this investment and I hate the Walton Group.  I am old and broke because all my money is tied up with them and there is no way out.   Anyone want to start a group action claim against them please get in touch with me....I will join!  And Tim Haywood - just tell me why I can't sell me shares???  The scheduled date of exit in all three of my groups keep being pushed back - I don't have time to wait.   

On 5/18/2016 at 1:41 AM, Guest said:

Dear All,

I have read your posts with interest.

Your best course of action is to sit down with your Walton representative, in Hong Kong, Singapore, China or wherever you're based and go through your specific project update and the audited schedule of exit returns which is fully transparent.

For initial assistance, i am happy for you to contact me directly at timothy.haywood@walton.com

Best regards,
Tim

TIMOTHY HAYWOOD

I HAVE talked to my representative and was told I cannot sell my shares.   Why not - why does Walton care.  I am willing to take a loss just to get out of this Company.  How can Walton hold us hostage?   I need money and Walton keeps making excuses.  If it is so good - pay me or buy back my shares or let me sell to someone that wants them (if any such person exists)...TERRIBLE INVESTMENT and I trusted my financial advisor - all he was doing was making money and didn't care about me.

Edited by Mislead in Alberta

• 1 month later...