Male HQ

Good Endowment Plan?

Guest leaf

anyone has any endowment plan to recommend? was looking at ntuc revo save.

i m looking for good guaranteed returns and period of 10-15yrs only.

NO such thing as a Good Endowment Plan.

The returns are terrible taking into consideration the amount of time you are locked into the plan.

Guest Some advice

Leaf : Its good to look at an endowment plan. Depending on your age, you can see how much you want to put in it. If you are younger (eg. with more than 25 yrs of working life) you might want to apportion a lower amount into endowment and put more into slightly risker but higher rewarding investments. Endowments are great for long term steady growth. At least if your more risky investments do not make the kind of money you were hoping, u still have something to fall back on. Endowment plans are usually at least 5 years and could be as long as 30...of course the shorter plans will not give u as good rewards.

If you are looking at good policies, I would suggest you take a look at NTUC. They have the best plans for a number of areas. You could also consider Great Eastern. One thing I like NTUC is because they put policy holder's interest before share holders...not much shareholders...its a CO-OP!

Apportion some money into some good funds for the long term. If you are not savvy enough in investments, put it into a fund for long term.

For those here like TC and the rest who gave nonsensical remarks to a fellow BWer's honest qn...please grow up.

• 2 weeks later...
... ... ...

If you are looking at good policies, I would suggest you take a look at NTUC. They have the best plans for a number of areas. You could also consider Great Eastern. One thing I like NTUC is because they put policy holder's interest before share holders...not much shareholders...its a CO-OP!

... ... ...

If you looking for a life insurance, I would suggest you skip NTUC.

Do you know that their definition for TPD is much stricter than other insurers?

If you don't then go do some research on it!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Ian
anyone has any endowment plan to recommend? was looking at ntuc revo save.

i m looking for good guaranteed returns and period of 10-15yrs only.

Thanks for your question.

Can I ask? Since you are thinking of investing in an endowment plan, is it more for retirement or for protection element?

If you are looking for retirement, you may wish to know that endowments on average gives returns of 4 to 6% pa. But bearing in mind that inflation is about 3% pa, it won't give you much in return after 10 to 15 yrs.

At the same time, there has been reported cases of people losing money in endowment after their 10/15 yr term. ie they get less than the original principle they put into. So, endowment may not be a good option for retirement fund building.

I personally do not have any endowment plan because I do not think much of its benefits.

However, I can recommend you another solid investments that can give you 15 to 20% consistently for 10 to 15 yrs. In fact, the instrument has an audited track record of 15% pa. This will make a huge difference to your portfolio in 10 to 15 yrs.

It's also 100% principle insured.

Can I arrange to meet you at my office at Fullerton? Rest assured, no obligations. Just a chance for you to learn about alternative investment vehicles out there.

MSN: savan74@hotmail.com

• Guest locked this topic