Male HQ

V-club Forced To Shut Down

Guest Thaiboys

Guest Relat
the establisment expect people to just flock there without any proper advertiseing huh ?

Maybe they expect us to do them a favour! :yuk:

Not fm me anyway! I jus take it ez and slowly........ when happy then I go :rolleyes:

Wait hor! :whistle:

http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2001/yax-248.htm

sorry ah,, offtopic i just copy this link from another website.,, is it true that gay saunas are illegal in singapore ??

I think so... the police in it was so bloody irritating.. lol... LKY acutally spoke smt abt us

I loved you from the first time I saw you. I love you now. I love you forever. There is no goodbye - only love.

anyway, got a message from them, obviously it's from the same manangement of V-club.

New Image, New Look. Try Sphere At 7 Mosque Street.

that's what they send me.

If this really same management of the defunct V-Club, why the old member must the $10 joining fee again?

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

anyway, got a message from them, obviously it's from the same manangement of V-club.

New Image, New Look. Try Sphere At 7 Mosque Street.

that's what they send me.

If this really same management of the defunct V-Club, why the old member must the $10 joining fee again?

Guess it's a business decision. Let's wait for a few weeks and see what happens... In the mean time, there are still the other 6 spas/saunas.

Guest Guest
>> If this really same management of the defunct V-Club, why the >> old member must the $10 joining fee again?

> Guess it's a business decision.

Some business decision - arrogant AND unethical. It's a "screw you" decision. Business is always about the customer. Looks like they forgot this basic fact. Either these guys are totally clueless or they must think *we* are. Tks but not tks. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Luvsilver

Business is always about the customer. Looks like they forgot this basic fact.

IMHO, business is not about customers. It's about profit and revenue. It's about profit and revenue potential customers could bring in. Customer service is just a selling skills to bring in the profit and revenue. I guess it's a difficult decision:

1) Making every customer pay for the new membership fee will immediately generate some revenue for the operator. Which will immediately help to offset the cost of renovation of the premise. However, they have to find new customers, convince existing VClub customers to pay for the new membership or hoping that existing VClub customers wouldn't mind paying for the new membership.

2) Allowing existing VClub customers to make use of their VClub membership allows the operator to tap on existing pool of customers. However, the operator has to sacrifice on the revenue that could have been generated from new membership fees. And, of course not all existing VClub customers will remain as customers.

Maybe the new operator could give some kind of concession to existing VClub customers for new membership fee at Sphere. Maybe a one time $5 off for admission during a 1st month promotion period.

Guys... why not try to see it from another point of view.

There is no evidence that the former management of V-Club is the one who is in charge of Sphere. There has been a name change, extensive renovations and change of facilities.

As for as the Sphere management is concerned, they are doing a rush job by opening in less than 1 month of the closure of V club, probably to cash in the goodwill of the previous V-Club. But for all purposes, it should be taken as its own product. Hence, the joining fee, different opening hours, different promos and theme nights.

Give it a chance lah... it could be the new Towel Club for uncles/admirers? Who knows?

Guest Guest

Any good, long-term business model must have the customer as the primary focus. No customer, no business. Period. What revenue? Never mind profit! You lose that focus and it's a guaranteed business failure.

This lot does not give the impression that it cares for its customers but comes across as - as you say, profit focus - read GREEDY. A little goodwill to it's current members goes a long way. This management does not seem to have heard of that term. Wanna bet how LONG it stays afloat? Failure to my mind is a foregone conclusion...

For start, it has lost MY business...Others can choose to be brain dead and pay the new surcharge and let them think YOU are doing them a favour..

Luvsilver

just visited sphere, basically, the place is definately run by the same ppl, mabbe the 'head' change liao. Upon entering, the place seems to go for some zen look, but then it's only the first floor. The reduce the showering cubicle to only 2 outside the steam room and expand the jacuzzi. But i dont like the jacuzzi cause the step down was steep, well either way, you will let ppl have a look of your cock by entering the jacuzzi.

The reducing of shower area is a bad move cause the one at the 3rd level was retained. Hence the whole spa have a grand total of 4 shower cubicles. Anyway, only the first floor was change to lockers, so only the locker area was renovated to give it a new look. The steam area is still the same, they didnt even change the separating plastic sheets.

The staircase still retian the ugly red granite, second level have been give 'more' rooms (actually only 3 extras rooms) and they shifted the TV area into the dark room next to the entrance.

The 3rd level still have the maze at the exacte same location but the cafe was next to the shower cubicles before you move into the sauna.

overall i think they are trying to attracted a different crowd. But the attraction doesnt last beyond the lockers room because the rest of the facilities are more or less the same. Having said this, i personally also think that the reason they disregard the old V club membership is prob due to the fact that they are trying to change their target group.

And i personally do not like the way they plan and layout the facilities and traffice flow. I think the space planning can be better.

All in all, i think instead of 'better' the place, i think they actually make the place worst.

V club in the past, have been a place that people loves to hang out and talk, instead of just going there for sex, but now, i see no places for people to hang out. The cafe at the 3rd level is next to a shower cubicle and is dark.

Think i still prefers the old V club.

mm ...but today saw some cute young things too ...

Thank you Carrot Cake Boy for taking the trouble to report on Sphere. So, to summarize:

1) Jacuzzi at level 1 has become larger

2) Shower cubicles at level 1 has reduced from 4 to 2

3) Locker area has moved from level 2 to level 1

4) Level 2 has 3 more rooms (in place of former locker area)

5) Cafe area has moved from level 1 to level 3

Is Internet access still available? Is the TV area still at level 1, since it's next to the entrance?

I kind of like the change. As one enters the premise, the first thing to do is visit the locker area and get changed. Go and take shower at level 1. Use the steam room or/and the jacuzzi. Take another shower, dry up and go to level 2 or level 3 to rest or engage in more activities. In the former VClub, where the cafe area is near the entrance, one is being stared at by those sitting at the cafe area when entering the premise. It can be intimidating, especially if it's the first time entering the premise.

So what is Sphere business hours like for weekdays and weekends? Heard is its a flat rate of $12 (Mon-Thu), $18 (Fri-Sat) and $16 (Sun). Any special theme nights been annouced yet? Is the place clean? Do they have enough staff to maintain the place?

mm ...but today saw some cute young things too ...

That cannot be me! <_<

So from what you have describe, they have expanded the sperm pool. I use to have fun in there until I got some pimple grow near my cock. Doctor say it is something to do with dirty thing. I suspect it is the Sperm pool. So I stop myself jumping into it again. After a month of applying medicine it recover. You know I so scare it is something else. :(

Are they still using the ugly red color. I think if they wanted to attract youngster they should use orange and white, and some checker included to make it look more fresh and exciting. Yes including a resting place and a chitchat place will be nice. SOmetime it is the place where you got to know more people. :clap:

Thank you Carrot Cake Boy for taking the trouble to report on Sphere. So, to summarize:

1) Jacuzzi at level 1 has become larger

2) Shower cubicles at level 1 has reduced from 4 to 2

3) Locker area has moved from level 2 to level 1

4) Level 2 has 3 more rooms (in place of former locker area)

5) Cafe area has moved from level 1 to level 3

Is Internet access still available? Is the TV area still at level 1, since it's next to the entrance?

I kind of like the change. As one enters the premise, the first thing to do is visit the locker area and get changed. Go and take shower at level 1. Use the steam room or/and the jacuzzi. Take another shower, dry up and go to level 2 or level 3 to rest or engage in more activities. In the former VClub, where the cafe area is near the entrance, one is being stared at by those sitting at the cafe area when entering the premise. It can be intimidating, especially if it's the first time entering the premise.

So what is Sphere business hours like for weekdays and weekends? Heard is its a flat rate of $12 (Mon-Thu), $18 (Fri-Sat) and $16 (Sun). Any special theme nights been annouced yet? Is the place clean? Do they have enough staff to maintain the place?

Internet is at the 2nd floor landing while the TV is at 2nd floor next to those rooms.

In my humble opinion, the new layout does not promote interaction at all.

Oh, and the jacuzzi have got cold water with some kinda of waterfall thingie which i think is kinda of stupid.

But i saw this young tanned guy going into the pool and i saw his cock. Yummy ...

2) Allowing existing VClub customers to make use of their VClub membership allows the operator to tap on existing pool of customers. However, the operator has to sacrifice on the revenue that could have been generated from new membership fees. And, of course not all existing VClub customers will remain as customers.

Maybe the new operator could give some kind of concession to existing VClub customers for new membership fee at Sphere. Maybe a one time $5 off for admission during a 1st month promotion period.

It looks like the history of other gay club repeats again in this case, like from the old gay sauna spartacus to stroke then to raw, where one the club changed name no matter whether the operator the same or not, the joining fee must be paid.

Guest Guest

> It's like one of those PONZI scheme (a scam). You have to be in it early to benefit

> from it.

How does being early benefit a customer in this context?

Luvsilver

> It's like one of those PONZI scheme (a scam). You have to be in it early to benefit

> from it.

In this case, you just don't lose out so much (if the business closes again) by being early . People who come in late may find the business closes again just after they pay for the membership fee. Anyway, it's just $10. It's an amount most saunagoers can afford to lose.

> from it.

In this case, you just don't lose out so much (if the business closes again) by being early . People who come in late may find the business closes again just after they pay for the membership fee. Anyway, it's just $10. It's an amount most saunagoers can afford to lose.

Sorry to say but they may close "early" too....given such poor publicity! :blink:

Anyway, good to hear reviews abt the place. Tot the cafe location is kind of weird ....ok, it's good waterhole for those just out fm the dry sauna :lol:

Did someone say the jacuzzi is cold?! :o :yuk:

I don't think it's fair to say that because most sauna goers can afford the $10, it's ok to impose the charge. It just encourages businesses to come up with such marketing strategy that disadvantages the comman man.

Granted that a business's bottom line is profit, if it is to survive, it must garner a sustainable group of returning customers. To sacrifice future customer base for short term recuperation of investment is a bad business decision considering there are alternatives, namely other saunas.

Unless there is something special about the place which cannot be replicated in other saunas, the customer is going to feel cheated. From the lack of publicity or poor publicity, the negative feedback here to the non-response of the owners, Sphere is not off to a good start.

IMHO, there should have been a proper website set up before hand to answer all queries, advertising by word of mouth, IRC or forums to create a buzz and perhaps an opening ceremony with prizes to entice/thank customers for their patronage. Nothing is worse than having to swat flies on the opening day. At least when you have some people going and giving a positive feedback, others will be curious enough to go too despite the membership fee.

So... those already visited the newly operated Sphere sauna, what was the crowd then? Are those saunagoers from the same faces or different crowd now??

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Went to new Sphere this evening, all need to pay joining/member fee of $10, the old card of V-Club is not recognized anymore, entrance fee was $10. The new membership would be issued in 2 week’s time. The entrance fee was $12 included 1 free soft drink (copy from 1-7). So today kena paid $22. The staff manned the counter similar faces like the defunct V-Club

In principle, they retained the facility of the defunct V-Club, except the locker (51 lockers) is now at 1st storey where last time the drinking/TV area, the jaccuzzi is now bigger but shower area only 2 outlets now

The 2nd storey had been created with more cubicles. One cubicle was provided with horizontal peeping glass panel so that other can peep those exhibionists having fun inside the cubicle (I think copied from 1-7)

The 3rd storey remain the same except they created a small drinking area (just in front of the 2 shower cubicles)

Personally, I would say the new management doesn’t want to capitalize the crowd of old members of V-Club which mainly matured guys and its chasers, also the chubbies and its chasers and it seems they wanted to compete with 1-7 and Towel Club, in term of theme, music, design and the membership privileges which was a mistake. They would never able to compete with 2 good established saunas like 1-7 & TC.

I asked the opening hours, presently Mon to Thu is 3pm to 11pm and Fri & Sat is 3pm till next morning.

Tomorrow Fri 31 Mar, Sat 1 Apr and Sun 2 Apr is only $10 entrance fee any time but forgot to ask whether must pay the $10 joining fee ?

According to leaflet at counter that 24yo and below FREE entry on Sunday.

i receive an sms that spere grand opening is on this 31 mar, 1 and 2 april.

entrance is sgd10.00 (i dun know whether need to pay membership fee or not)

further enquiry, pls call: 62212729

cheers!

Thanks for the information on the grand opening of Sphere. This opening special has also been confirmed by worldangel.

By the way, they retain the telephone number (62212729) used by V-Club, haven't they?

i receive an sms that spere grand opening is on this 31 mar, 1 and 2 april.

entrance is sgd10.00 (i dun know whether need to pay membership fee or not)

further enquiry, pls call: 62212729

cheers!

Thanks for the information on the grand opening of Sphere. This opening special has also been confirmed by worldangel.

By the way, they retain the telephone number (62212729) used by V-Club, haven't they?

You are right,the telephone number of the defunct V-Club was retained by the new Sphere Sauna.

When registered as member yesterday, the counter staff asked me to write name and date of birth and an optional handphone number so that they could SMS to members if there is any promotion, however I refused to reveal my hp number. Who knows, I might receive nuisance call once a while.

Guest wrongangle

I went last night and I had to pay $10 for membership and $10 entrance fee. Last night was towel off night but only in the dark maze. I like the new hot pool and like someone mentioned earlier, everyone gets to see your jewel when you enter the pool. However, I find the refreshment area abit out of place and the area is very humid and it was so hot when they closed the door. The computers are now on the second floor landing and the TV room is at the entrance of the old cubicles which is rather cramp if I must say so. Overall, the place is much cleaner and the decor is in dark brown hue and new lightings. I do not know why they locked the door between the new rooms and the old vanity counter and there 2 big holes on the door....??

Guest Carrot Cake Man

I got a feeling pretty soon sphere is going to revert back to a 'mature' place. Last night when i was there, there are those ' high, mightly and beautiful guys' who would rather sit around the locker area but refuse to move around to use the facilities or cruise.

I wonder why they would want to pay 10 jsut to sit at the locker area and chit chat.