Male HQ

Eczema & Itchy Skin Discussion (compiled)

Guest itchy guy

Actually, eczema is a much more common condition in Singapore than you'd think, affecting 20% of our population, because of our humid conditions here.

http://www.healthxchange.com.sg/healthyliving/SkinBeauty/Pages/eczema-all-you-need-to-know.aspx

A cooler and less humid place can help with eczema significantly. So those people who spoke about trips to somewhere and soaking in the ocean helping them, it might not be the ocean helping them there. It might be the weather.

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

Actually, eczema is a much more common condition in Singapore than you'd think, affecting 20% of our population, because of our humid conditions here.

http://www.healthxchange.com.sg/healthyliving/SkinBeauty/Pages/eczema-all-you-need-to-know.aspx

A cooler and less humid place can help with eczema significantly. So those people who spoke about trips to somewhere and soaking in the ocean helping them, it might not be the ocean helping them there. It might be the weather.

So working in aircon conditions and turning on aircon when one sleeps helps?

anyone has lichen simplex chronicus?

its an unfortunate ezcema that can occur and isolate on your scrotum skin!!

the constant scratching leads to thickening of the scrotum making the skin thick and visually bigger balls.

have this condition since NS days and it started w a constant itch....didnt know it wiill ruin my scrotum.

9 hours ago, Guest said:

Actually eczema occured due to dry skin. Humidity will actually alleviate eczema. That's why moisturizing is important for sufferers

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

59 minutes ago, IkuTube said:

From my own experience, Apple Cider does not really help me when consumed internally. However, what it helps is really the itch. Whenever I feel like scratching, applying diluted Apple Cider will alleviate the itch. 

On top of that, when buying Apple Cider, try going for undistilled versions. Braggs is quite a good brand and can be found at most supermarkets. 

1 minute ago, azimuth said:

On top of that, when buying Apple Cider, try going for undistilled versions. Braggs is quite a good brand and can be found at most supermarkets. 

I am not sure about the effectiveness of ACV.  It was through my social gathering yesterday that a friend shared that she does not have to take her blood pressure medication anymore because ACV seems to have it stabilised.  She has been taking ACV for six months.  Her doctor acknowledged and advised her that she could stop the medication but to monitor.

When I googled to read more about ACV that I saw what it could do for eczema too.

Anyway, I was told, when buying ACV go for the raw unfiltered with the mother.  The brand Braggs was recommended.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Guest felloweczemafriend

I've also been suffering eczema for quite some time. similar to yours, discoid eczema. took me a few months to recover from it. 

I feel that normally my eczema worsen during the night when i sleep due to me scratching it unknowingly.

1. cut and file nails
  2. wear gloves to sleep
  3. get the right body soap - don't use commercial fragrant soap for now.
    1. consider using Cetaphil Body Wash for now.
    2. Subsequently, you can switch it to other cheaper alternative after your eczema subsides such as Johnson's PH 5.5 2in1 body wash with moisturizer, which is a really cheap body wash and ive been using it since then. 
  4. moisturizing (i feel its up to individual because sometimes it'll worsen the eczema for me. especially those super thick cream based moisturizer. if you really want to use, i would recommend
    1. cetaphil moisturizer, which i believe is quite expensive
    2. alternatively, you can consider aloe vera gel (nature republic - super cheap and popular these days which im using, or fruit of the earth which is slightly more ex but long history)
  5. drink lots of water, like really a lot
  6. have enough sleep
  7. steroid creams provided by your doctor
    1. indeed such steroid creams are not good for your skin in the long run because they will thin out your skin and make your skin more vulnerable and slowly that cream will be less effective over time, which you might need to change another brand or something. but when my eczema first flared up few years back, i really didn't bother about the consequences and used quite a bit. it definitely did help to improve my skin condition

Now my eczema improved drastically since the past, about 5 small patches. just that once a while, it'll itch and i'll just apply some steroid cream. 

I totally can understand how you feel, and it'll affect our confidence. i've yet to recover from it due to the existing few patches and few dark patches recovered. 

hope the above will help you!

A friend had eczema on his scalp, tried many cream prescribe by doctors by the eczema refuse to go away.

He heard that sunlight can actually help to cure eczema so he shaved his head and exposed his head to the sun instead of staying in the shade like daily walking to the bus stop, going for lunch, jogging, swimming etc and strangely, the eczema was gone in less 6 months time.

On ‎13‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:53 AM, Guest said:

So working in aircon conditions and turning on aircon when one sleeps helps?

On ‎14‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:54 PM, Guest said:

Actually eczema occured due to dry skin. Humidity will actually alleviate eczema. That's why moisturizing is important for sufferers

In my case, a long trip to a winter wonderland helped as the highly humid conditions here seems to made me perspire and lose water AND dehydrate. So moisturizing definitely helps. To top it off, the perspiration stings my skin when it flares up. I didn't have air conditioning in the past to test it out sleeping in aircon rooms myself when I had eczema. But I guess it should be able to help. Making yourself feel more comfortable is, in itself, a good way to allow your body to recover already.

On 11 January 2016 at 2:18 AM, Guest said:

Drink superbly detoxifying and low caffeine or caffeine free beverages like white tea, green tea, peppermint tea, lavender tea, camomile tea, ginger tea, lemongrass tea, chai/masala tea like water! I used to drink large jugs of white tea, adding rose buds, lavender buds, chrysanthemum flowers and peppermint leaves with a bit of honey daily and they surely helped to calm down those eczema flareups. Detoxifying, stress reduction, eating clean and nutrition - detoxifying compounds from fruits and veggies, teas, herbs and spices; polyunsaturated fats and vitamin D for supple skin - and occasional moisturising are the various keys to recovery.

Vitamin E for skin moisture i meant, not D. Oops:D

9 hours ago, Anderson said:

A friend had eczema on his scalp, tried many cream prescribe by doctors by the eczema refuse to go away.

He heard that sunlight can actually help to cure eczema so he shaved his head and exposed his head to the sun instead of staying in the shade like daily walking to the bus stop, going for lunch, jogging, swimming etc and strangely, the eczema was gone in less 6 months time.

6 months is a long time in my book for an eczema bout! Sunlight actually causes eczema in some people, as it draws water out of the skin hence drying it out. Probably your friends reduced his eczema via exercising which is destressing and detoxing and exposing himself to nature and swimming pool airs where abundant skin moisturizing positive and negative ions abound.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

In my case, a long trip to a winter wonderland helped as the highly humid conditions here seems to made me perspire and lose water AND dehydrate. So moisturizing definitely helps. To top it off, the perspiration stings my skin when it flares up. I didn't have air conditioning in the past to test it out sleeping in aircon rooms myself when I had eczema. But I guess it should be able to help. Making yourself feel more comfortable is, in itself, a good way to allow your body to recover already.

There's the dilema in aircon. Dry air. Some people use air humidifier in aircon rooms. Others slap on moisturizer. Probably even better if both are used if kiasu.

1 hour ago, Guest -doc- said:

What is discoid eczema? Different from atopic eczema? Or all eczema are the same?

Won't you find it easier to Google for such answers than to ask it here? :doh:

Contrary to the advice early about moisturise less, you should moisturise more 4 times a day or more, other suggestions -- 

1. finger tip rule regarding amount of steroids

2. suggested ratio of emollient to steroid is 10:1

3. consider higher potency steroids for 2 to 4 weeks before stepping down

4. be prepared that the post inflammatory hyperpigmentation takes long months to clear

5. the correct way to apply creams -- slowly rubbing them in -- though it is really very time consuming and most of us in Singapore don't have that luxury of time.

On 16/01/2016 at 11:16 AM, Guest said:

6 months is a long time in my book for an eczema bout! Sunlight actually causes eczema in some people, as it draws water out of the skin hence drying it out. Probably your friends reduced his eczema via exercising which is destressing and detoxing and exposing himself to nature and swimming pool airs where abundant skin moisturizing positive and negative ions abound.

UV rays can help w some ppl w ezcema. 

On 1/11/2016 at 5:23 PM, Guest said:

Drink lots of ionized electrolysed water. Get an water electrolysing machine if you can afford it. Moisturize whenever you feel the itch coming; emolients act as artificial barrier between your skin and external irritants so your skin don't get an allergic reaction. On top of that, i turn on sharp plasma luster air purifier and ionized at night when i sleep; it kills germs, bacterial, mold spores and neutralizes allergents produced by these, including dust mite skin and faeces. Use an airtight fully sealed "true hepa 13" vacuum cleaner around your house especially in your bed room to prevent dust mite allergents from regurgitating into the air. Invest in a specific dustmite zapping vibrating vacuum cleaner that emits UV rays with again certified airtight "true hepa 13 filter" and use it regularly on and around your beddings. There are koreans brands like samsung or LG selling them online and takashimaya department store home appliances section used to sell them. Use castile soap to replace face and body washes, except maybe for shampooing if you have quite an oily scalp as it's not grease cutting enough - dr bronner's is a good option. Eliminate unnecessary upholstery in your home; use less rugs, caroets, pillows, cushions, thick curtains and quilts as these could harbour more dust mites. Change your beddings regularly. Consider using dust mite proof pillows, quilts and pillow protectors, and encase your mattress in a dust mite proof casing to inhibit their growth in your beddings. Try to wear rubber gloves when washing dishes and cleaning, unless you replace those detergents with castile soap. Use castile soap to laundry your clothes or use a laundry detergent like "top" that neutralizes and eliminates dust mite allergents. Avoid processed food like fast food, packaged snacks and cured meats; eat clean - gear towards freshly prepared food with natural seasonings like herbs and spices instead of artificial flavourings and preservatives. 

Lastly, eliminate stressors in your daily life - toxic people, relationships and work environment and go pursue all your neglected interests and passions.

If you can do a few of these consistently, your eczema should be eliminated in no time.

Good luck and 加油!

Haha.. I am doing most of what you have specified.

My follow up with my dermatologist is today at raffles hospital.

My eczema not really subsiding, which today is a month of the outbreak.

Read online, some take months to subside.

Have checked with my siblings and my dad, none of them have ECZEMA before.

Been doing what some members suggested: 

- Drinks lots of H20

- de stress ( trying)

- emolients / moisturizers ( Cetaphil Restoraderm) 

- apply betasone ( steroid cream)

- anti histamine before sleep

Also up intake of the following:-

- Omega 3 Fish Oil ( EPA and DHA)

- Green Tea

- Probiotics (Yogurt + Kefir )

I will give it another month, if it does not subside might try TCM :)

Edited by inbody123

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

White tea 白牡丹 is even better. More powerful anti-oxidants than green tea - doctors all know it but somehow it's not as publicised. Get it from chinatown. I used to drink two to three jugs daily with honey - adding copious lavender, rose and camomile flower buds and peppermint leaves as i pleased - and it promptly cleared up my eczema. 

To up the powerful detoxing, anti-oxidising, antiseptic and anti-bacterial effects further, add one to three cinnamon sticks, a teaspoon each of star anises, cloves, cardamon pods and fennel/anise/dill seeds. Get the large paper tea bags from daiso. Invest in a tea brewing jug/flask and water bottle of at least one litre. Brew two litres of this powerful tea daily. Bring the tea to work to sip throughout the day. The other one litre drink it in the morning and night before and after work. This tea can be kept fresh in room temperature for the whole day, no worries. It's anti-bacterial remember? You can also stick it into the fridge to get cold tea!

You should see results in one to two months' time. 

Ps: bottled green/white tea has only about half the antioxidysing and detoxifying effects of freshly brewed tea.

A teaspoon or two of flaxe seeds a day is even better than fish oil, as it has the perfectly balanced combination of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and vitamin E that MOISTURISES AND REPAIRS skin at the same time. Got it so cheaply from nature's glory on the ground floor of tan boon liat building near tiong bahru. You can get doctor bronner's castile soap there too for a $15 litre bottle - you need to dilute it before using; about three litres can be made with their concentrated soap, therefore it lasts a long time.

Well ... ultimately I think what I have suggested more than suffice as the only consistently working ones ... caveat emptor to try the rest. I am also having a flare now. Ultimately if all else fails then short course of oral steroids

1 hour ago, lct said:

Well ... ultimately I think what I have suggested more than suffice as the only consistently working ones ... caveat emptor to try the rest. I am also having a flare now. Ultimately if all else fails then short course of oral steroids

Steroid creams even oral forms are not guaranteed to work. They may even require increased dosages in the long run to see an effect as your body get used to the present dosage. It's shuts down your immune system and open you up to opportunistic infections. Steroid cream thinks your skin and can result in hyperpigmentation if you use it over an extended period of time. Injested orally, it is even more toxic than topical form to your liver.

Natural remedies i have suggested do not have such negative side effects as they work not by suppressing your immune system from releasing histamines as an allergic reaction to foreign proteins, but restores the natural balance of your immune system and liver to react to and process allergens and toxins correctly and effectively as they should. Natural remedies may be taking a longer time to see the their effects but these effects are longer lasting and more permanent than the temporary relief provided by steroids.

Of cos if you are not going to spend the time and effort to nurture your body, topical and oral steroids may be temporary options, and even that they are not guaranteed to work all the time or on everyone.

On 18 January 2016 at 3:37 PM, Guest said:

A teaspoon or two of flaxe seeds a day is even better than fish oil, as it has the perfectly balanced combination of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and vitamin E that MOISTURISES AND REPAIRS skin at the same time. Got it so cheaply from nature's glory on the ground floor of tan boon liat building near tiong bahru. You can get doctor bronner's castile soap there too for a $15 litre bottle - you need to dilute it before using; about three litres can be made with their concentrated soap, therefore it lasts a long time.

Sorry correction. It's actually 2 to 4 tablespoons of flax seeds daily for adults. See here:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/428116-flax-seeds-how-much-per-day/

i add it to my peanut butter jelly sandwich, sprinkle over salads, blend it in smoothies & vegetable soaps, or simply eat it in a heaping spoonful. But i only take 1 tablespoon daily in the morning. When i run out of flax seeds, i take chia seeds or black sesame seeds, except that chia seeds need not be chewed or blended to get to their beneficial oils.

I see a lot of people talking about taking some form of food to help control eczema. Eczema is a real disease. It's not just a simple imbalance of nutrients in the body. If taking vitamins and food like white tea and flax seed can help drastically and immediately, there's no need for pharmaceutical companies to come up with medicine already. Steroid cream or pills can indeed harm a person if taken in the long run. But if you are sick, you need proper and controlled doses of medication. That's why some medicine can only be obtained through proper prescription.

6 hours ago, Guest said:

I see a lot of people talking about taking some form of food to help control eczema. Eczema is a real disease. It's not just a simple imbalance of nutrients in the body. If taking vitamins and food like white tea and flax seed can help drastically and immediately, there's no need for pharmaceutical companies to come up with medicine already. Steroid cream or pills can indeed harm a person if taken in the long run. But if you are sick, you need proper and controlled doses of medication. That's why some medicine can only be obtained through proper prescription.

You must be a doctor?

You do know even doctors admit there is no cure for eczema right. Right. They meant medically. Cos people want instant solutions. Like you said, natural therapy doesn't work immediately and drastically. But i want you to know therapeutic effects that last is better than treating of symptons and not getting to the root of problem. You seem to think steroids is the medical cure for eczema. Far from being a cure, it is not and it merely suppresses the body's immune system which is unhealthy, risky and above all, unnatural. Stop feeding into the pharmaceutical frenzy already and start treating your body right. For certain diseases, yes, western medical procedures are life savers. But otherwise this earth should be spinning on its own accord without reliance on artificial and temporary pharmaceutical solutions for every big or small non life threatening bodily ailment that slightly overwhelms due to a passive and unquestioning acceptance of whatever marketing messages (and fancy medication) shoved down our throats by large pharmaceutical corporations and their cronies.

9 hours ago, jboy1995 said:

I have eczema since I'm a child. Like really bad eczema.  And my skin looks like shit I don't even dare to wear shorts or berms cause it's just so ugly. Now I'm diagnosed with anxiety and clinical depression.... -_-

Hi jboy1995, i have same feeling when I saw the rashes, outbreaks on my legs, arms and body. 

After a while I have accept the fact that its going to stay with me for a while, even if I feel depressed or anxious it will not go away.

Just do what the doctors advised ...

Moisturize immediately after a short warm shower

Use body soap friendly for eczema ( soap free, eg Cetaphil Restoraderm body wash) 

Steroid cream

Anti Histamine if itchy

Other things I did ..

Up my intake of Omega 3 and 6 ( EPA DHA)

Change my diet ( More greens and dark colour fruits)

Up my intake for probiotics ( I now make my own KEFIR Milk)

Take a walk in the sun ( 10 - 15 mins) 

Life goes on.

• 1 month later...

For those who have allergy issues, especially if it is triggered by food,  it is important that whenever you eat something, do drink a full cup of water.  I know this may not go very well with digestion.  But if you have a rather allergic body, it will reduce the reaction. 

I think it is important to be consistent with your treatment to help your skin recover.... Constantly applying your moisturiser 3 times daily would help dryness of your skin.... Also know that most adult Eczema follows you all the way... So only way is to prevent it from flaring up, reduce stress and being diligent in application of your moisturiser.... I've heard eating evening primrose and fish oil supplements help too.... But I am not sure how much help that would be.... 

If it is affecting your sleep, take anti-histamine pills to make sure you get enough rest or it would stress your body out and it would be a vicious cycle.... I also find that changing bedsheets regularly and washing them without detergent (just hot water) works pretty well for me....

avoid sweating and keep cool at all times.... Hope these tips help....

• Guest locked this topic
  • 9 months later...
Guest Ezcema scars...

Anyone knows what is a good way to get rid of the red blotchy scars left my ezcema?

It's all over and when I look at the mirror, I don't even dare to see myself

I have 2 very big episodes of eczema breakout. I'm not sure what triggered the very first episodes. It started on the area behind one of my knee. from itchiness it developed into open wound. Then spread to my other knees and the area around. then to both of my elbows. then spread to abdomen and neck area. It lasted for about 6 months before I totally free from eczema. Tried many things to cure or alleviate the symptoms. see doctor from sgh and then cgh too.Both doctors said no cure, only can alleviate the symptom by using steroid cream. It was so bad that my supervisor has to send email to all ppl in my dept and reassigned my job so that I don't have to do pigs procedure till my elbows recovered.

My second episodes occurred when I was trying the GOMAD (Gallon of milk a day) for bulking. I managed to drink about 3 liters of milk per day only. That's when I realised the milk is the cause for my eczema. and after checking online, I realised many people also noticed that too. By stopping all the dairy products, their symptoms reduced and recovered from eczema. Whenever I drink milk (usually only 1-2  glass per day) consecutively for a few days, I will noticed yellow fluid coming out from the pores on my elbows and on the folding skin of my ears. That's when I take note that I have to stop drinking milk. but nowadays I seldom drink milk already. 

I suspected that my first breakout was due to me taking the chlorella tablets. Maybe my skin was trying to expel toxin through my skin.

5 minutes ago, Chocolateabs said:

I also have that. Different people have different skin type. What the doctor advise use the soap or foam that are less fragrance as it some how irritate the skin. 

Can try to go pharmacy to ask for soap for eczema 

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=soap+for+eczema&hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&prmd=ivns&ei=jDVuWKK0OcXmvgSSxK3YCw&start=140&sa=N#mhpiv=11

Edited by Chocolateabs

1 minute ago, Chocolateabs said:

Can try to go pharmacy to ask for soap for eczema 

I bought a very expensive body wash at Watson or guardian recommended for eczema. not helping also. I feel that it is internal problem.

5 minutes ago, Chocolateabs said:

Another method is use pure essential oil add when bath

http://www.naturallivingideas.com/heal-eczema-with-essential-oils/

My colleague gave me some essential oil concoction. My first application was alright. I feel good. I thought finally found the cure. but it didn't help also. to think about it, must really need to find the root of the problem to solve the problem. for my case it is the dairy milk and maybe the chlorella that cause my eczema. even drinking chicken of essence also can cause the yellow fluid exuding from the eczema area. It is very clear to see the yellow fluid especially after bath and wipe dry. can really see the multiple yellow fluid coming out. the next morning you can see orange colour crystal formed on the skin from the hardened yellow fluid.

1 hour ago, Guest Ezcema scars... said:

Anyone knows what is a good way to get rid of the red blotchy scars left my ezcema?

It's all over and when I look at the mirror, I don't even dare to see myself

I think you have to give the skin times to heal itself. the brown patchy skin from my eczema scars have now blended with my surrounding skin already. I think partly because of the steroid cream that cause the skin becomes thinner. a bit translucent, a bit plastic like. almost like tearing off.

Guest Guest VCO

My staff's daughter of 12 yrs old had serious Ezcema problem and need to see specialist monthly. Both her arms at folding area is reddish and itchy. She has been seeing a specialist but didn't really helps. I had came across Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) and recommended to her. For the 1st 3 days it will get worse because of the purging of the body toxin. After about 1 week the itchiness is gone and she can see that her redness on the arms is slowly disappearing. After one month, her daughter had recovered. The specialist was surprised that her condition had improved. She no longer have to visit the Skin Center Specialist anymore after this.

You can get Virgin Coconut Oil (Cold Pressed) at NTUC. Suggest dosage for 12 yrs old is 5ml for first 3 days and 4th day on wards 10ml daily.  Adult (70kg weight) 5ml for 1st 3 days and 4th day on wards 15ml daily. Consume before sleep with a glass of water. Once recover you can take 5ml for 12 or 10ml for adult for maintenance.

Hope this is really helpful.

Guest eczema_survivor

in my 40s now & living with eczema since JC days. so my "advice" is based on my own life experience:

1) there are lots of different treatments available, & also different types of eczema, & different people respond to different treatments differently. if you want to try something new (some new oil or cream or medication or diet etc), stick to it for a while (days? weeks? months depending) & MONITOR & take notes (in table or diary form), before trying another one.  becos only then will you know for sure whether it works or not.  if you're trying 2 new things at once (new cream + new diet), you may not know which was effective  which was not.

2) steroid creams MUST NOT be used long term. REPEAT. MUST NOT! as there are long terms side effects, eg: thinning of skin & poor calcium absorption. Google  it. instructions say USE SPARINGLY. means USE LITTLE BIT, or AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE and spread thinly across skin.

3) personally, it has taken me YEARS to figure it all out : the triggers (STRESS from JC/ NS/ uni; DIET; & humid WEATHER). some things I can control  (like stress & diet), some things I cannot (like weather).

so I have also learnt to do what I can to cope & live with it, eg:  using a combination of creams (daily) & Chinese herbal medication, & only stick to one brand of face-wash  & body wash, that I always bring with me when I travel. if I'm in a country with cool climate, it feels nice but I have to worry that my skin will dry, so must remember to moisturise more.

It takes time to figure all this out, and you know what, reading all these sharing from different people, hopefully you  don't feel so alone too!!!  let's keep this thread going & showing our mutual support!

2 main types of eczema:

Endogenous (the skin itself is the problem) and exogenous (external irritants). Mine's endogenous; went to the NSC for a brief sample test.

Currently using this

http://sg.iherb.com/BabyGanics-Shampoo-Bodywash-Chamomile-Verbena-16-fl-oz-473-ml/65480

Recently bought this

http://sg.iherb.com/Aveeno-Active-Naturals-Eczema-Therapy-Moisturizing-Cream-Fragrance-Free-7-3-oz-207-g/47865

Never needed any steroids. In fact, steroids actually made the problem worse for me and these are much cheaper.

Guest Eczema Patient

Just to share my experience ....

I got eczema many years ago.  Have consulted skin specialist, i was given steroid creams (mild and strong), anti-histamine, moisturizer and even done lab testing.  I was frustrated and demoralize after trying all this medicines but still doesn't help.  Steroid cream esp hydrocortisone in long run may thin the skin.

I have came across an article in the newspaper written by a TCM skin specialist about eczema. I am don't believe and skeptical TCM can help to improve eczema, but after many rounds of consultation with western doc but in vain, I decided to give a last try on TCM.

The TCM skin specialist gave me acupuncture and herbal medicine to apply on affected area.  Surprisingly, just after few rounds of treatment, my condition improved, my skin is less itchy and less flared.  It gave me confidence, I continue with the treatment until I am fully recovered. 

12 minutes ago, Guest Eczema Patient said:

I got eczema many years ago.  Have consulted skin specialist, i was given steroid creams (mild and strong), anti-histamine, moisturizer and even done lab testing.  I was frustrated and demoralize after trying all this medicines but still doesn't help.  Steroid cream esp hydrocortisone in long run may thin the skin.

I have came across an article in the newspaper written by a TCM skin specialist about eczema. I am don't believe and skeptical TCM can help to improve eczema, but after many rounds of consultation with western doc but in vain, I decided to give a last try on TCM.

The TCM skin specialist gave me acupuncture and herbal medicine to apply on affected area.  Surprisingly, just after few rounds of treatment, my condition improved, my skin is less itchy and less flared.  It gave me confidence, I continue with the treatment until I am fully recovered. 

Western medicine generally only focuses on tackling the symptoms rather than the root of the problems. and sometimes (in most cases except for genetic cases I think) the answer is just a footstep away.

For example, cholesterol and saturated fat have been taking the blame for causing the heart problem or artery congestion (it is actually due to calcium supplement which I think is inorganic and not useful to our body and also from the inflammation cause by dairy consumption). and people have been misdirected into believing that margarine or plant oil are good for them. Our skin is made of fat component (in a very layman term). we need the healthy fat to build a healthy skin. those hydrogenated oil from margarine or plant oil or fried oil will eventually taken by our body to build our skin which is not very good.

go for less processed food and you will notice the different.

Me myself has not been plagued by the sore throat-fever-coughing problem. Usually at least one a year I will have this cycle of sore throat-fever and coughing problem and the coughing will last for a month. The doc even asked me to go for chest x ray for fear of catching tuberculosis.

Whenever is noticed the small  sun (sorethroat in the beginning stage I will quickly drink 1 -2 bottles of 100 plus. After that the symptom kind of slowly halting and did not develop in to a full sore throat and coughing. Tested for a few times. It is even rare now. I don't quite get it now.and I eat about 3-4 eggs per day (weekday) mixed with butter. is the simplest and cheapest food. during my not so good times, I just eat eggs and rice to survive.

I inherited eczema from my dad & there was once I tried alternative treatment (bio resonance) & my skin became so hyper-sensitive that it can feel microbes which are invisible to the eye! Doctors did not believe me & do not think that is possible. Some of them even view my condition similar to someone who claims to be able to see spiritual beings but because science could not prove it, they think such things are just pure imagination.

At the peak of my struggle, I could not even leave the house, not to mention work! If you want to know how it feels, it is like you could feel crawlies crawling around your body & they are all attempting to crawl into your body through channels such as your ear hole, nostrails, mouth etc

it took me more than 4 years to recover & up till today, I am still recovering. But fortunately, I discover the triggers such as certain food, dusty/dirty environment, foreigners, plants etc. For many of the environmental elements, I will try not to be near them. As for food, I discover that each time I ate something such as a meal or even tidbits, I will quickly drink a large glass of water. That will reduce my allergic reaction to a containable level. Just sharing as who knows, it may help someone. 

9 hours ago, Guest Eczema Patient said:

PM me the name of the TCM skin specialist.

For me, my eczema starts on my back, spread to front (chest), my neck.

Hands and legs are very little now.

Same here, apply cream but only stop the itch.

Very sensitive to weather change. I didn't notice and food that result in outbreak, maybe there is but controllable.

I bath in cold water. It ease the itch.

Now I think is more or less under controlled but what bothers me is the after scar. Whole of my back is ruined.

Used to like to go swimming but stop doing that.

• G_M changed the title to Eczema & Itchy Skin Discussion (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.