Comments From Those Whom Are Against Sauna Goers

Guest Disgusted

Guest Disgusted

Reason anyone even go to such a place:

#1 they have HIV/STD and want to spread it

#2 curious 

#3 emotional breakdown/stress

#4  cheap and easy sex

Outside the place might look and sound decent but at the end it is no different from straight men soliciting prostitutes.

2 hours ago, Guest Disgusted said:

Reason anyone even go to such a place:

#1 they have HIV/STD and want to spread it

#2 curious 

#3 emotional breakdown/stress

#4  cheap and easy sex

Outside the place might look and sound decent but at the end it is no different from straight men soliciting prostitutes.

#5 single and lonely.

#8 Too ugly / think too highly of himself / too unrealistic so cannot get a BF. Given up and decided to have sex in sauna the whole life. 

#9 Hoping to get a BF after quick sex

#10 Hooked to drugs/poppers, group sex, multiple sex with insatiable sexual desire

3 hours ago, Guest said:

#11 Got retrenched and low in cash seeking opportunity with careless visitor who forgot to secure the locker properly.

Dun understand why would people sign in as a guest account and keeps criticising people who frequents sauna. Come on, if you are not interested in visiting a sauna, den dun comment nor criticise those who visit them. I think every user online needs some level of responsibility and love to comment over posts. Hurting or jeering at others at the expense of fame just make it feels low.

Let's just spend time to comment about keybox instead.

9 hours ago, Guest said:

#11 Got retrenched and low in cash seeking opportunity with careless visitor who forgot to secure the locker properly.

#12 And the MOST valid reason. Go sauna to catch BF with his pant down.

Went for anonymous hiv testing recently and the counsellor advised me not to go to sauna. He said sauna is a place with a lot of hiv+ people. I wonder how true is this statement. Based on my own experience very few people I encountered request to do bareback (whom I will definitely turn down).

that's rather odd.

as a counselor, he/she can advise u not to go to sauna to limit risks

it's just pure statistics, the less casual partners u have, the less risk of exposure.

but why add in the comment that saunas having a high proportion of HIV+, which obviously are his/her views - unless they know something which we don't

go figure...

2 minutes ago, hermit said:

Went for anonymous hiv testing recently and the counsellor advised me not to go to sauna. He said sauna is a place with a lot of hiv+ people. I wonder how true is this statement. Based on my own experience very few people I encountered request to do bareback (whom I will definitely turn down).

I personally don't like things like saunas as well - they're simply not what I'm looking for. 

But I don't see the need to waste so much effort and time to hate on others. After all, who is anyone to judge?

It's your life. Do what you want, as long as you're not hurting others. It's really your liberty.  If people thought of things this way, the world would be a happier place.

Guest 72%dark

For someone to take the time and effort to start a thread like this and post on it – instead of the myriad of other things they could be doing instead to enrich their own lives – really makes you wonder if they're so unhappy and so insecure about themselves that they feel the need to eke out what limited bit of validation by putting others down.

1 hour ago, hermit said:

In general, the risk is probably higher because of the anonymous nature of saunas. HIV+ persons are by law obliged the other party that they are positive before engaging in sexual activities. However, in the sauna setting, it is very hard to do contact tracing to find out who the infected person is as there is generally no trail left behind unless two persons exchange contact numbers or something.

This was actually pulled out of the bitchfest in one of the sauna threads (not me), because it didn't quite fit into the "discussion". *chuckles*

Don't be too harsh on the Guest for he didn't start this thread, but hammer away for everything else anyway. *readies popcorn*

You cannot trust a stranger no matter sex happens in saunas or in private homes. And how many cases of STDs are transmitted between partners?? 

Safe sex is a must unless both parties are monogamous, highly trusted, and regularly tested. Any place can be a breeding ground for many sexually transmitted diseases if you don't practice safe sex. 

We do not need an anonymous "Guest" whose name is "disgusted" to spread lies and hate on this gay forum.

18 minutes ago, Den Yuan said:

I don't hate saunas but I hate darkrooms. I just wish they switch on the lights so that we can see other clearly.

Then don't go into the darkroom la!

I'm not sure why the people on apps are condemning the people who go saunas. Those who are on apps are perhaps more ignorant of diseases than saunas goers who get to see posters or talk to some strangers at saunas.If so many are already hooking up on apps, aren't they as promiscuous as saunas goers or because nobody else knows or sees it make me holy-er.

One big reason for me:

WYSIWG (What you see is what u get).

Not unlike like in here, most will hide in one anonymous guest ID.

Talk for almost 2 months but will not even get to meet or know how one look like.

Prefer to meet face to face, choices to select based on one preferences. Can also see one market value. ;)

1 hour ago, HydroNaut said:

One big reason for me:

Talk for almost 2 months but will not even get to meet or know how one look like.

Prefer to meet face to face, choices to select based on one preferences. Can also see one market value. ;)

I agree much. Apps most time waste of time and energy. 

Sauna at the very most waste just 3 hours . 

4 hours ago, Guest said:

I'm not sure why the people on apps are condemning the people who go saunas. Those who are on apps are perhaps more ignorant of diseases than saunas goers who get to see posters or talk to some strangers at saunas.If so many are already hooking up on apps, aren't they as promiscuous as saunas goers or because nobody else knows or sees it make me holy-er.

actually i feel sauna is no diff from app

my friend had more than once told me that so n so he saw on app seeking fun are actually hiv+ 

the risk is the same though since you will be doing it with strangers be it via the app or sauna so it doesnt make it any "cleaner" to hookup via the app, its just another avenue

6 hours ago, HydroNaut said:

One big reason for me:

Can you see if he is HIV+ or disease free?

On 5 February 2016 at 8:47 AM, Traveler3032 said:

Every commentators are hiding behind the anonymity of "guest ".

Most of them are very negative and critical.  

I am  not lonely, ugly,  deseased, poor, nor snobbish.  Yet, I am a goer and enjoying it. I'd say to these guys: mind your own fucking business! 

#14 Living in self deception, knowing own self is ugly and unattractive and thinks otherwise. To seek self assurance, these people go to saunas to sleep with as many people as possible. 

#15 Deseased and refuse to go screening. Subconsciously aware of the HIV 3 months' window period. Spread the disease in 50% ignorance and 50% evil intention. 

#16 Middle class, so to speak ordinary people living in an ordinary life. Couldn't find romance as seen in movies. Couldn't find true love. Couldn't get recognition from social circle. That anonymous penetration in sauna gives him the illusion and satisfaction that for once he is wanted, he is needed and he is loved. 

Awesome.

On 5 February 2016 at 7:32 PM, Guest said:

Sauna is a breeding ground for many diseases including AIDS. You know it, I know it. Don't deny it.

Well said. The truth is lights. And these people loves dark maze. 

Technically speaking you cannot spread HIV to people if people wear condom to have sex with you.You can try spreading AIDS by going bareback and maybe some people will be foolish to do it with you but most will not do it. Eventually HIV take a toll on you and your health changes,by then you won't have a choice to delay treatment anymore and you will have to go for a blood test as well as take medicines.Once you are on medication your viral load will drop until it reach undetectable level where transmission risk are reduce by 93-96% and you cannot spread HIV/AIDS anymore. 

I don't prefer going to saunas due to the environment and the feelings I cannot replicate to an actual sex I have with someone I love. I just like to run away from the existence of "purely physical".

I have ever only went once. And I vowed to never go again. Veneral diseases, multiple forms of vulnerabilities to both mind and body is something you only see in the sauna? I am pretty sure there are many other a place or person that can replace that word. 

The schizophrenic guest I'm reading; opinions are vast, reasons both benign and evil, justifying or criticizing of which neither helps, and risk is never a 0.

Different folk, different stroke. 

Kek

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

Gays visiting sauna is akin to straight looking for prostitute

the former can have sex with as many guys as possible

the latter can only have 1 shot with prostitute

There is no difference between sex hook up via sauna or gay app. Both are considered casual sex.

I'm just disappointed in the gay scene that committed long term relationship is not prevalent. In fact it has become rather toxic.

Gays go gym and facial to maintain their appearance so to get easier sex hook up with guys they are fancy in.

Gays cruise and eyeing preys in the toilet, swimming pool, causing dis-contention of other users.

So many good looking guys in gay app, why don't they want to find a bf and settle down. Their appearance will fade 1 day and gradually they will notice lesser and lesser pple want to have sex with them.

We need more gay couples in Sg to share their loving stories and joy and laughter of being committed to each other.

4 hours ago, Guest Random thoughts said:

I guess all saunas have done their part in educating their patrons on safe sex (though sadly keybox did not display those safe sex posters). I heard a cute staff of keybox told all their patrons as they enter the place to "have fun and play safe", it was indeed a timely and responsible reminder from sauna operators. 

1st thing 1st, gay sauna is the breeding ground of STI and HIV. A responsible operator should : 

(1) display poster to advocate safe sex

(2) work with CDC to do anonymous HIV test in the sauna

(3) provides free condoms at prominent point every zone

(4) think of a creative way to stop the patrons from doing bareback sex at steam room and dark maze

(5) ban drugs and alcohol within the premise

I saw a few uncles put opened beers in their lockers. The young ones go to the locker to check the messages on smartphone. These uncles go to the locker to drink beer. Obviously when one is tipsy the chances of going raw is very high.

For (2) I wonder how many Asians got the guts to do it. In USA there are many profiles on Jack'd bravely and proudly put a statement : 

Tested negative as of xx/xx/20xx

And here we are, seeing so many ignorant and foolish sauna kings and queens playing bareback, without having 5 cents of social responsibility and shame. 

#15 Taking revenge on a disloyal BF

#16 Attached but suffer in a broken marriage, so to speak, an open relationship. Seeks alternatives in sauna, hopefully can find a better replacement to break up with the jerk at home.

#17 Safer than having sex in those filthy public toilets.

#18 Fort Road gay beach is gone.

5 hours ago, Guest said:

And here we are, seeing so many ignorant and foolish sauna kings and queens playing bareback, without having 5 cents of social responsibility and shame. 

Singaporeans - still having the mentality of a 3rd world.

6 hours ago, Guest said:

1st thing 1st, gay sauna is the breeding ground of STI and HIV. A responsible operator should : 

(1) display poster to advocate safe sex

(2) work with CDC to do anonymous HIV test in the sauna

(3) provides free condoms at prominent point every zone

(4) think of a creative way to stop the patrons from doing bareback sex at steam room and dark maze

(5) ban drugs and alcohol within the premise

I saw a few uncles put opened beers in their lockers. The young ones go to the locker to check the messages on smartphone. These uncles go to the locker to drink beer. Obviously when one is tipsy the chances of going raw is very high.

For (2) I wonder how many Asians got the guts to do it. In USA there are many profiles on Jack'd bravely and proudly put a statement : 

Tested negative as of xx/xx/20xx

You think barebacking can be contained that easily? No matter how you spread awareness of this, there will still be, and there will always be patrons barebacking. It's up to them to decide whether to take the risk or not.

Besides, you shouldn't assume their intentions are to spread sti/hiv. In this modern world where NEG guys go on Truvada and medication to keep POZ guys in the Undetectable status, the chances for them to contract hiv are very slim to none considering there aren't any other STIs. And we(yes that includes me) always make sure we have our partner's consent before we engage into such an act. I have no problems going with condoms if he insists. If you do have apps like Hornet or BBRT, we DO state out our statuses. So stop going around telling we asians have no guts to do so.

"I have no problems going with condoms if he insists."

WOW. This gay is so smart and savvy. He advocates taking Truvada to go bareback and according to him it's safe, as long as the fucker in the sauna is clean, so to speak, no STI. Hmmm, except some with unwashable BO, literally everyone is quite clean as they take the effort to shower and rinse their cock-sucking mouth with those diluted mouthwash. Smell so clean. Look so clean. Oops I forgot. They do clean their anus, too - for you to go raw. Residue of feces is expected but unavoidable, hey, come on, why worry? You got Truvada! Viva ! 

On 06/02/2016 at 2:50 AM, Guest said:

Can you see if he is HIV+ or disease free?

Aiyoh, even if you meet a monk up you might also have it if that monk went for one round of kinky unsafe sex.

Noone can really tell what the other guy had previously engaged in.

I am just saying, it is easy to identify those that you like in public places like a sauna.

Stop being so pragmatic.

To certain extend, when two mutually attracted gays are in a private room, from his actions and fetish you can kind of identify some tell tale signs: 

#Does he suck your dick ? Some people do not perform oral sex at all as they are skeptical and cautious. If he does, very likely he did it on other guys too. 

#Does he rim or lick your ass ? What makes him so sure that you are clean? Perhaps you had just poo-poo and you didn't wash your anal thoroughly ? The worst scenario is he had just rimmed another guy earlier on. 

#We are not talking about pre-cum here. Any discharge from his dick ? Can he accept if you turn the lights on while making out ? 

#Any unusual warts around his genital ? 

#Assuming the condom is unavailable in the room and he grabs your dick to enter him raw. Vice versa, if he is a top, he just spit on your ass and penetrate. Congratulations. You had got a high-risk-super gay. 

It is good to observe the behavior of the patrons in dark maze. Don't be shocked the most beautiful and popular one is always the most promiscuous. 

On 2/5/2016 at 8:47 AM, Traveler3032 said:

Every commentators are hiding behind the anonymity of "guest ".

Most of them are very negative and critical.  

I am  not lonely, ugly,  deseased, poor, nor snobbish.  Yet, I am a goer and enjoying it. I'd say to these guys: mind your own fucking business! 

Then why don't you mind your own ducking business when they chat among themselves.

You do not need to have a messiah complex nor do you have to judge people who are different from you. 

You hate casual sex and stds then you simply live your own life and mind your own business in life. 

I too don't like to go for causal sex but I dont go around imposing,judging and warning people to change their lives. 

No one is going to thank you for it if they themselves dont want to change. 

You fear HIV then stay celibate and abstain from sex. 

You dont like sauna culture then you simply dont go. 

There is no need to made life difficult for yourself and others. 

6 hours ago, Guest said:

To certain extend, when two mutually attracted gays are in a private room, from his actions and fetish you can kind of identify some tell tale signs: 

#Does he suck your dick ? Some people do not perform oral sex at all as they are skeptical and cautious. If he does, very likely he did it on other guys too. 

#Does he rim or lick your ass ? What makes him so sure that you are clean? Perhaps you had just poo-poo and you didn't wash your anal thoroughly ? The worst scenario is he had just rimmed another guy earlier on. 

#We are not talking about pre-cum here. Any discharge from his dick ? Can he accept if you turn the lights on while making out ? 

#Any unusual warts around his genital ? 

#Assuming the condom is unavailable in the room and he grabs your dick to enter him raw. Vice versa, if he is a top, he just spit on your ass and penetrate. Congratulations. You had got a high-risk-super gay. 

It is good to observe the behavior of the patrons in dark maze. Don't be shocked the most beautiful and popular one is always the most promiscuous. 

So many questions, so many if, if, if....

You can add one more IF.   If there is a fire, everyone will run out to the street naked.:clap:

ENJOY sex when you are still young but play it SAFE.   

6 hours ago, Guest said:

Then why don't you mind your own ducking business when they chat among themselves.

Dear guest, these "Guests" (are you one of them?)  didn't chat among themselves in a private chat room. They openly took a holier than thou approach and made degrading comments to those sauna goers. It's great that they have found someone they love and play mahjong or  card games  on weekends at home, but why they need to feel disgusted and have to make degrading comments  in this public forum? Another thing to remember is that for many conservative Singaporeans, what you do with your boyfriend at home is also disgusting and illegal.

五十步笑百步!

Edited by Traveler3032

On 2/10/2016 at 10:05 PM, Guest PS said:

Singaporeans - still having the mentality of a 3rd world.

Job stealing foreigners - total lack of proper sex education due to shitty education background and come here to spread their diseases without using their brains. Go back to your wonderful country and do whatever shithole you want there we don't care

• Guest locked this topic