Male HQ

Admin: More Disk, More RAM and Hopefully Faster BlowingWind Access

HendryTan

• HendryTan changed the title to Admin: More Disk, More RAM and Hopefully Faster BlowingWind Access

Yes, we park our servers in California USA..

In the earlier years (eg 2005 that period) Singapore gay man are worried about police raiding saunas. and authorities impounding the BW database showing IP address of members. Hosting in the US assures our members that the servers were "out of reach/jurisdiction" by authorities. 

This fear has "subsided" over the years as Government has clarified that they will leave gay man alone.

Second reason is that hosting in the USA is much more economical. 

Cheers !

47 minutes ago, HendryTan said:

Yes, we park our servers in California USA..

In the earlier years (eg 2005 that period) Singapore gay man are worried about police raiding saunas. and authorities impounding the BW database showing IP address of members. Hosting in the US assures our members that the servers were "out of reach/jurisdiction" by authorities. 

This fear has "subsided" over the years as Government has clarified that they will leave gay man alone.

Second reason is that hosting in the USA is much more economical. 

Cheers !

Cool man !!!

Luckily, my ISP has a PoP in LA. Latency is ard 18X ms to BW.

On 15/03/2016 at 8:08 PM, HendryTan said:

4. And still FREE

Thanks to our Advertisers, we manage to sell our advertisement slots. A big shoutout to Male-HQ and please support and check up their products.

Thanks also to our Business Development Mod (OralB), we have generated enough cash to get this Hardware Upgrade for our servers.

Advertisers are oh so important. To me, blowingwind is a community service and because Male-HQ is helping to keep it going, I will shop there! Much <3

• Guest locked this topic