Male HQ

Unfriendly and abrupt services in Hong Kong

Guest HK_experience

To get good service in Hong Kong , try those Michelin stars one....usually very attentive and friendly. The cha Chang tin and dim sum place are usually very loud and rowdy. Try Australia dairy farm at Jordan, famous for superb rude service but always have long q. Generally Hong Kong people are very fast paced and impatient, it's part of their culture. 

Guest Foreigner

Just came back not long ago from HK and still remember the nasty and rude words from the owner of a fruit shop where I was looking at the fruits he sells.  I got scolded in Canto for looking at it and not buying.  He certainly has no manners towards customers.  Generally HK people talk loud, rude and rather impatient to one another and tourists.  Not impressed.

Singapore is way ahead in regards to manners and customer services towards foreign visitors.

Guest SmallMatters
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Went to the Elements mall for the Sky100 before We went up decided to try a restaurant, waited 10mins but no one bother to come and serve us, staff were disinterested and too busy setting up tables so We left.

I appluase your attitude. If the staff is not interested, we will walk away and blacklist them that we will never go back. Anyway, we are there for holidays, why get so upset by these small matters.

Guest Guest

After the Brit left, the native HKers attitude have not changed probably even ruder and louder. :D

I would spend my hard earned money to a friendly destinations such as South East Asia and Japan where the foods are better. :D

4 hours ago, Guest Foreigner said:

Just came back not long ago from HK and still remember the nasty and rude words from the owner of a fruit shop where I was looking at the fruits he sells.  I got scolded in Canto for looking at it and not buying.  He certainly has no manners towards customers.  Generally HK people talk loud, rude and rather impatient to one another and tourists.  Not impressed.

Singapore is way ahead in regards to manners and customer services towards foreign visitors.

Very true, though I hve never stepped into HK, all relatives and friends who have visited hK told me exactly what u hve shared: ie if u r NOT buying, don't ever ask qns, don't ever touch, don't EVER rape their products by looking/browsing at them
I got a terrible culture shock just by listening to these true-life account

Sg is due to : our govt expects us to integrate w the foreign talents hence the gov expect us to be "nice" to all esp FT, so that they have less of complaints(be it racial or not), we have campaigns that focused on social graciousness (do u think UK, japan, Europe etc need such campaigns?)
(kumar comented in a talkshow that our govt must be mad to expect citizens to integrate, he quoted concrete egs that as a foreigner if u r visiting Uk, Dubai etc, u r to integrate into their lands, not the other way round! I luv kumar for this)

Guest Guest
11 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Very true, though I hve never stepped into HK, all relatives and friends who have visited hK told me exactly what u hve shared: ie if u r NOT buying, don't ever ask qns, don't ever touch, don't EVER rape their products by looking/browsing at them
I got a terrible culture shock just by listening to these true-life account

Sg is due to : our govt expects us to integrate w the foreign talents hence the gov expect us to be "nice" to all esp FT, so that they have less of complaints(be it racial or not), we have campaigns that focused on social graciousness (do u think UK, japan, Europe etc need such campaigns?)
(kumar comented in a talkshow that our govt must be mad to expect citizens to integrate, he quoted concrete egs that as a foreigner if u r visiting Uk, Dubai etc, u r to integrate into their lands, not the other way round! I luv kumar for this)

I touched the goods at LV, Hermes, never get scolded as most staffs are young-ish gen HKers not the Ah Lian or Ah Beng type :D because of luxury boutiques they trained to be friendly and professional especially if you speak Queen Engrish. In fact one of the sales associate was so nice so I bought. :D

Guest Guest

HK culture is loud and impatient. So just unleash the beast inside you and be as rude. I remember there was this girl at the cashier keeping a black face the whole time like I owed her a million. Before I left I told her in Cantonese: 死老豆啊?!个样咁衰。

Guest Talk if Free
26 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I touched the goods at LV, Hermes, never get scolded as most staffs are young-ish gen HKers not the Ah Lian or Ah Beng type :D because of luxury boutiques they trained to be friendly and professional especially if you speak Queen Engrish. In fact one of the sales associate was so nice so I bought. :D

But u were eating at cheap fast food Café De Cora and complaining bad service...sure you bought...?  speaking "Queen Engrish"...this I believe Engrish.... 

They must have answer you  " MY MAJESTY, IT COST PEANUTS...CAN YOU AFFORD ? "

chickens can windsurfs and roller skates!!!!!

Guest Hermes
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Appalling ...you speak Queens Engrish...people serve you ...MY FOOT !!!!!

No money No talk....... Seeing you as poor as pauper, they don't even entertain you !!!
Not actually serving you but observing and worry to leave without paying

12 hours ago, Manbane said:

To get good service in Hong Kong , try those Michelin stars one....usually very attentive and friendly. The cha Chang tin and dim sum place are usually very loud and rowdy. Try Australia dairy farm at Jordan, famous for superb rude service but always have long q. Generally Hong Kong people are very fast paced and impatient, it's part of their culture. 

Anyway the Tim Ho Wan at PS is closed - be it for reno or whatever

I rem it was there not long ago

Guest Shameless

May as well say they kissed your toes as you leave...cannot even spell correct English...wants to tell people you speak Queens Engrrrrish....

Guest HKER

You sound like Lee Kah Shing

Guest Pun_Intended

Its quite amusing these GUEST posters getting so angry over Hermes or LV and Queen Eng-rish - pun intended just for a humour lah so don't get too worked up hokay. :D

Guest Guest
18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Don’t laugh at the Hongkongers. Services in Singapore isn’t that much better too. Retail assistants judge you and scan you from head to toe. Most Singaporeans have no etiquette as well and dress horribly. Worse still, the standard of spoken English is appalling and most have a kiasu mentality which is disgusting!

Hong Kong service you also can complain.

Singapore service you also can complain.

Then where do you prefer to be served, China, Mars or the moon?

Feel free to go there. You won't be missed.

Guest Complain King

Hong Kong service you also can complain.

Singapore service you also can complain.

Then where do you prefer to be served, China, Mars or the moon?

Feel free to go there. You won't be missed.

You are so right

Guest Guest

FYI , Hong Kong has been employing a lot of cheap labourers from China to work in the service industries ! The accent is more to the Guangzhou area if you have not notice ! True born Hk service staff are better though . In fact I have travelled on a mini van at midnight with many Hk younger ones on the bus there , it was so quiet that you could hear a pin dropped throughout the journey !

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

FYI , Hong Kong has been employing a lot of cheap labourers from China to work in the service industries ! The accent is more to the Guangzhou area if you have not notice ! True born Hk service staff are better though . In fact I have travelled on a mini van at midnight with many Hk younger ones on the bus there , it was so quiet that you could hear a pin dropped throughout the journey !

This is soooo accurate. You can see exactly the same situation here in Singapore as well with the service quality dropping because of the employment of cheap labour here to work in the service industry.

Guest Guest
11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Not necessarily, HK services I'd say a bit patchy some are friendly and a lot are rude regardless they are laborers from GZ or native HK. The difference is the laborers from GZ tend to rush you to finish your food in a restaurant and they have a distinct Canto accent.

Guest Guest
Just now, Guest Guest said:

The topic is an out service level in HK.... and you talk about IQ? Why?

The topic is *aBout service level in HK.... and you talk about IQ? Why?

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Not necessarily, HK services I'd say a bit patchy some are friendly and a lot are rude regardless they are laborers from GZ or native HK. The difference is the laborers from GZ tend to rush you to finish your food in a restaurant and they have a distinct Canto accent.

I have been to HK like hundreds of time to notice it ! 

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I have been to HK hundreds of time to notice that older service staff in restaurants and eatery shops are usually from China and the younger ones are local HK . So it is not a surprise he got bad treatment at eatery shops unless he patronise the western food type or high class restaurants where there are good service from local young HK staff . 

Guest Guest
19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

HK culture is loud and impatient. So just unleash the beast inside you and be as rude. I remember there was this girl at the cashier keeping a black face the whole time like I owed her a million. Before I left I told her in Cantonese: 死老豆啊?!个样咁衰。

You said that ?! Later , these China girls got traid gang boyfriends , they follow you around the corner and bash you into pieces ! Have some high IQ lah , not everywhere is as safe as Singapore , can let you complain and shout at staff like nobody's business . Some HK ABC straight guys were beaten badly in China's club for speaking fluent ABC type of English that the Chinese youngster felt irritated when hearing Chinese speaking in English  at the queue ! 

Guest MyOpinion
3 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Isnt it obvious ?

higher IQ lead to lousy svc!

Read:

I beg to differ, higher IQ lead to THE AGE OF ENTITLEMENT so developed can't be bothered to deliver a good customer service. Australia, Europe am looking at you. :D

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest MyOpinion said:

I beg to differ, higher IQ lead to THE AGE OF ENTITLEMENT so developed can't be bothered to deliver a good customer service. Australia, Europe am looking at you. :D

Singaporean too displayed their entitlement, thus lousy customer service and deplorable attitude like that pig, Alice Fong!!!

Guest Entitiled
16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Singaporean too displayed their entitlement, thus lousy customer service and deplorable attitude like that pig, Alice Fong!!!

Basically people from developed nations have tendency to displayed such entitlement as big money is easy to earn, it got worst by generous welfare system everything is FREE so think why should do extra work except maybe Japan, The U.S, Taiwan?

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Isnt it obvious ?

higher IQ lead to lousy svc!

Read:

Read what? You started that thread yourself as Guest. 

• 2 months later...
On 2016/6/9 at 1:58 AM, Manbane said:

Yes very fast paced and impatient lol...

• 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.