Male HQ

Discussion on long pants or short pants during school days? (compiled)

Guest Guest2

In my days,  high school students used long pants of course,  and... coat and tie.  

Long pants vs. short pants was my experience a few days ago,  when with the deep freeze in Texas I put on long underwear for the first time in many years, and kept it on for several days.  But I didn't have any opportunity to exhibit it. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JWest
On 2/21/2021 at 4:53 PM, Guest Full circle said:

saw this being debate awhile back and remind me of my own times back then..i think my time there were few schools like that..the khaki ones, the green ones and the 'nurses' :D

I was one of the 'nurses' lol

It was not so bad for me since I went to HCJC after Os, so was quite at home there. Maybe it would be different had I gone to another JC.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

In SG's weather, just keep it to shorts lah. Isnt that the attire these days anyway. nothing to be shy about leg hair anyway..its normal.

Just think how much fabric can be saved by schools lol

Guest nocturnal
On 10/2/2020 at 5:31 PM, Greenliv said:

I think young people are often shy about exposing too much of themselves as they may think society dictates a bit of modesty (I think especially guys). Often I see them covering their frontal or bathing with closed doors in pools. But older people have no qualms about exposing themselves. So the young likes to have more clothing to cover themselves, and the aged likes to have less to cover themselves. I suppose there are less inhibitions if you have seen more of the world such that there is nothing new under the sun. 

at that age i think they are just insecure with their appearance and identity, for teens at secondary school age they are in between being a child and young adult. Of course they will want to faster join the ranks of young adults hence why they cant wait to get long pants, so they will join the status of the grown ups. Our sg system has it that way lah. I think it was insecurity about what outsiders and public will perceive us...for most guys is what the girls will think. Because within school it was not an issue when the whole class/school wears shorts but many of us felt awkward when we step out of school. We dont want to look like a kid especially if we are already as tall as adults! Anyway that was how I felt last time at sec 2.

5 hours ago, Guest nocturnal said:

at that age i think they are just insecure with their appearance and identity, for teens at secondary school age they are in between being a child and young adult. Of course they will want to faster join the ranks of young adults hence why they cant wait to get long pants, so they will join the status of the grown ups. Our sg system has it that way lah. I think it was insecurity about what outsiders and public will perceive us...for most guys is what the girls will think. Because within school it was not an issue when the whole class/school wears shorts but many of us felt awkward when we step out of school. We dont want to look like a kid especially if we are already as tall as adults! Anyway that was how I felt last time at sec 2.

That's True. For guys, wearing pants definitely give u more chance with girls, in sec sch. 

On 3/14/2021 at 2:31 PM, Guest JWest said:

I was one of the 'nurses' lol

It was not so bad for me since I went to HCJC after Os, so was quite at home there. Maybe it would be different had I gone to another JC.

my classmate went to HC & we used to visit each other during e 3 month orientation.

Damn strange for us because majority of guys at HC were wearing shorts. only e few of us in long pants. So we stood out like sore thumbs & I think they knew we were JC-hopping lol,

We sat at the last row of e LT & all we saw were lots of bare ( hairy) legs around us lmao  totally new experience from what we were used to...

Edited by NickT

• 4 months later...
Guest nocturnal
On 6/7/2021 at 9:42 AM, Leanmeat said:

That's True. For guys, wearing pants definitely give u more chance with girls, in sec sch. 

wont they prefer to see more skin revealed? 😆

Guest nocturnal
On 6/7/2021 at 4:38 PM, NickT said:

my classmate went to HC & we used to visit each other during e 3 month orientation.

Damn strange for us because majority of guys at HC were wearing shorts. only e few of us in long pants. So we stood out like sore thumbs & I think they knew we were JC-hopping lol,

We sat at the last row of e LT & all we saw were lots of bare ( hairy) legs around us lmao  totally new experience from what we were used to...

sounds like you enjoyed it 😁 

On 2/22/2021 at 12:08 AM, Steve5380 said:

In my days,  high school students used long pants of course,  and... coat and tie.  

Long pants vs. short pants was my experience a few days ago,  when with the deep freeze in Texas I put on long underwear for the first time in many years, and kept it on for several days.  But I didn't have any opportunity to exhibit it. :lol:

We are talking about schools

Not old folks home

On 11/7/2021 at 12:27 AM, Guest Fab said:

We are talking about schools

Not old folks home

You say this because you don't experience freezes in Singapore.

Had you been in Houston,  even your young ass in kindergarten would have frozen shut! :lol:

Guest Mojo lola
On 11/7/2021 at 9:10 PM, Steve5380 said:

You say this because you don't experience freezes in Singapore.

Had you been in Houston,  even your young ass in kindergarten would have frozen shut! :lol:

I  've been to Miami during a winter cold snap, 42 degrees max daytime, 32 degress night time. 

I hate cold weather.

On 11/7/2021 at 7:13 AM, Guest Mojo lola said:

I  've been to Miami during a winter cold snap, 42 degrees max daytime, 32 degress night time. 

I hate cold weather.

And 42 deg. F  is not even freezing temperature.  This is why Americans who live in the north travel in the winter to Miami or other places in Florida to escape the ice and snow.  It was unusual in Houston to have ice and snow,  and to make things worse, electricity went off due to the miserable installations of power generation in this alleged "capital of the energy"

Edited by Steve5380

On 11/7/2021 at 1:46 PM, Guest Guest said:

other than Cat High & Chinese High (now Hwa Chong), which other schools upper sec boys wear shorts?

RIVER VALLEY

CHUNG CHENG

ACS

On 6/11/2016 at 8:34 PM, Guest 72%dark said:

When I was in school, when we reached Sec. 3 and were allowed to wear long pants, no one wanted to wear shorts anymore. Upper sec boys never chose to wear shorts unless forced to by laundry circumstances. I guess at that point in our lives, on the cusp of adulthood, we wanted to feel more grown up, we clung to it as a marker of ‘higher status’ that set us apart from the lower sec kids. In our youth, just one or two years of difference in age felt like a big deal; it felt good to be seniors.  (In fact, our teachers would berate us from time to time for having a “long pants mentality”—thinking we were so grown up even though we were actually still so immature.)

I don't recall the relative attractiveness of shorts/long pants being a consideration then, even though I vividly remember this period of my sexual awakening and always being aware of the male bodies around me. I guess the sexual gaze can be attuned to whatever clothing the object of the gaze is wearing; I remember noticing male VPL, noticing subtle shadings of skin tone under the sometimes translucent uniform fabric... And of course there was always PE lesson for revealing skin...

agrees. somehow there is this sense of ego when we switched to long pants after end of sec2. guys in boy school can be quite self conscious too. most of us cant wait to wear it for CCA during December holiday. shorts were quite awkward in sec2, as some started having hairy legs and many sporty one starts having larger thighs, making the short feels too tight. also feels better when we hang out in nearby malls. also because our shorts and long pants are different in colour, the long pants do look a lot better aesthetically.

Our secondary school uniform was white shirt with navy green pants. I was on short pants in lower forms and long pants in upper forms. My long pants were ready made and they looked horrendous. The other guys who got their pants tailored looked just terrific. My parents wouldn't invest much on my pants then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 8:14 PM, G_ZK said:

agrees. somehow there is this sense of ego when we switched to long pants after end of sec2. guys in boy school can be quite self conscious too. most of us cant wait to wear it for CCA during December holiday. shorts were quite awkward in sec2, as some started having hairy legs and many sporty one starts having larger thighs, making the short feels too tight. also feels better when we hang out in nearby malls. also because our shorts and long pants are different in colour, the long pants do look a lot better aesthetically.

my sch do not have long pants back then. shorts for all 4 year! =( 

hairy legs were a common sight 😁

• 3 months later...
Guest guest
On 11/11/2021 at 8:14 PM, G_ZK said:

Did the upper level guys bully the juniors because of this ego thing? Personally feel it is not good for the school spirit. LOL

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.