Male HQ

Singaporean man threatens to open fire on LGBT in Singapore

Vometra

45 minutes ago, Vometra said:

This is not progress lah. This is just 苟且偷生.

If everyone does that, women would still be unable to vote and blacks would still be sitting at the back of the bus.

Gays in the West, and to a certain extent in more developed Asian economies like HK, TW and even China and India. have gotten so far is because some brave souls stuck out their necks and risked their lives to make a point and fight for their rights. One can enjoy saunas and pinkdots and no police entrapment is because of these people; dun besmirch their efforts while you enjoy yourself.

It never fails to amuse me when some over-educated woman criticized feminists for being too confrontational. Hello, the reason you can get an education is because of these feminists of the past.

Well said, What you are enjoying now is because of people before you had fought hard to get it. If you just sit there doing nothing, nothing will happen actually.

Guest One-upwomanship
1 hour ago, Vometra said:

This is not progress lah. This is just 苟且偷生.

If everyone does that, women would still be unable to vote and blacks would still be sitting at the back of the bus.

Gays in the West, and to a certain extent in more developed Asian economies like HK, TW and even China and India. have gotten so far is because some brave souls stuck out their necks and risked their lives to make a point and fight for their rights. One can enjoy saunas and pinkdots and no police entrapment is because of these people; dun besmirch their efforts while you enjoy yourself.

It never fails to amuse me when some over-educated woman criticized feminists for being too confrontational. Hello, the reason you can get an education is because of these feminists of the past.

That over-educated woman will tell you her hardworking christian parents paid for her education.

1 minute ago, Guest One-upwomanship said:

That over-educated woman will tell you her hardworking christian parents paid for her education.

Oh no no no. The over-educated woman will never thank her parents,  it's always God God God. 

Guest One-upwomanship
1 minute ago, Guest One-upwomanship said:

That over-educated woman will also be a smug, christian, closeted lesbian who will eventually get married to a sissy christian guy. 

Guest One-upwomanship
1 hour ago, Vometra said:

Anyway, Canon seems to be dragging its feet on the Bryan Lim case. So no Canon for me until I get a satisfactory answer.

What about the SPF side? Anyone knows?

Canon, like their cheapo printers that run on overpriced, yet uneconomical ink catridge system, is a relic of the past. More people are now using brother. They are not the only company that produces DSLR cameras. Time to jump ship!

4 hours ago, Vometra said:

Anyway, Canon seems to be dragging its feet on the Bryan Lim case. So no Canon for me until I get a satisfactory answer.

What about the SPF side? Anyone knows?

Maybe there is some ongoing but wasn't publicized.  Not actually a cover up but a news blackout for whatever reason(s).  Whoever control the media control the people emo. 

19 minutes ago, Guest News said:

Maybe there is some ongoing but wasn't publicized.  Not actually a cover up but a news blackout for whatever reason(s).  Whoever control the media control the people emo. 

To not publicize their decision is worst than not making a decision.

Remember, Justice need not be done, but absolutely imperative to be seen to be done.

Man charged for threatening to 'open fire' on LGBT community in Singapore

By Vanessa Paige Chelvan

POSTED: 30 June 2016 at 11:19 AM

SINGAPORE: A Facebook user who threatened to "open fire" on the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community was charged on Thursday (Jun 30) for encouraging violence towards the LGBT community in Singapore.

On Jun 4, Bryan Lim wrote that he wanted to “open fire” and “protect his nation” in response to a post on foreign funding of Pink Dot, an annual event organised in support of the LGBT community.

“I am a Singaporean citizen. I am a NSman. I am a father. And I swore to protect my nation,” the 36-year-old Lim wrote on Jun 4. “Give me the permission to open fire. I would like to see these £@€$^*s die for their causes.”

After his comment made the rounds on social media, several Facebook users lodged police reports against him. “This man made an open threat of violence to a specific group of Singaporeans if given the opportunity,” Mr Stanley Tan wrote on the Facebook page of the Singapore Police Force. “Would this be considered an internal terrorist act?”

Lim subsequently apologised for his strongly worded comment, claiming that it had been "taken out of context".

"I did not mean physical bullets nor physical death,” he wrote. "I mean open fire in debate and remove them from Singapore domestic matters."

For communicating an incitement to violence via the Internet, Lim could be jailed up to five years, fined, or both.

- CNA/cy

Mediacorp News Group 
©2016 Mediacorp Pte Ltd

Guest Mascot

Sentence him to be the pinkdot REAL LIFE "ignorance", "fear" mascot during pink dot and all pride events for the rest of his pitiable life.

Just now, Guest Mascot said:

Sentence him to be the pinkdot REAL LIFE "ignorance", "fear" mascot during pink dot and all pride events for the rest of his pitiable life.

Wah can, but cannot hide face one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BRYAN LIM GETS AWAY SCOTT-FREE FOR THREATS AGAINST GAYS?

Submitted by farhan on Wed, 07/09/2016 - 10:53pm

bryan-lim-advocate-violence-lgbt_0.jpg?i

Dear Editors,

It has been more than one month since Bryan Lim was "allegedly" charged over threatening comments. No news has been heard since. That's because nothing happened to him, and mainstream media will just sweep this incident under the carpet. (Which is pretty much their standard operating procedure for anything NOT related to WP.)

In 2010, Abdul Malik Mohammed Ghazali said on Facebook, and I quote, "Burn the Minister", and he was promptly arrested.

How come no one think that by "burn", that guy actually meant "fire" or "sack"?

How come no charges for Bryan Lim? LGBTs have no rights in Singapore? Only Ministers are human?

Critic

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.comhttp://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/bryan-lim-gets-away-scott-free-threats-against-gays
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

I will be disappointed if homophobic people like Bryan Lim can break the law and gets away so easily, its practically no justice.

Guest Third world muslim cuntry

What about canon? Why disciplinary action, if at all, have they applied on him?

Very disappointing but not totally unexpected.

10 hours ago, Guest Third world muslim cuntry said:

What about canon? Why disciplinary action, if at all, have they applied on him?

Very disappointing but not totally unexpected.

Minister of Home Affairs and Law K Shanmugam said, "This is unacceptable. Violence against any group in any form is not acceptable. Here, the government will act decisively if there is threat of violence against anyone or any group. The government's duty is to protect everyone." 

2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Minister of Home Affairs and Law K Shanmugam said, "This is unacceptable. Violence against any group in any form is not acceptable. Here, the government will act decisively if there is threat of violence against anyone or any group. The government's duty is to protect everyone." 

Paper general 纸上谈兵。听听就好。。

Guest Bryan-gate

Double-standard isn't it?  If it is about race, religion or politics, the whole media will harp upon it an the court will spring into action for many stories.  As for LGBT, they happily IGNORE the incident and expect LGBT to forget and forgive about the whole saga?

• Guest locked this topic