Male HQ

Fridae Feeling Good Party Cancelled By Police

Guest stoutcub

Well, it happened due to:

1) reputation? (I think ppl know wat i mean so i dont explain)

2) Actually they are looking and hunt us down as a target due to we, plu are the main cause to HIV and etc diease?(I think ppl know wat i mean so i dont explain)

Wat i can say here is:

There are ppl looking at us, PLUs so beware... there might be danger for all of us... who knows right?

**Bless all PLUs are sound and safe from the deathly hiv and the .... (U all know wat i mean)**

*For those under U know who u are:

I dont know wat u all want to know but everyone is a human so pls spare a thought for them. They also want to be like a normal human and work like human too why dont give them a chance? I hope u guys think about this.

Hope this will not offend any1, if i do. I m sorry for wat i had said.

258yvky.jpg

hmm, around there la... but i dont think much too since there is a happening last time....Police pose as PLUs hmm so beware... but i hope we can draw line ... hahaha... just wander why PLUs still need to go for NS? They dont worry the rest of the Str guys kan na rape ? hahaha anyway, I really hope that PLUs ban from NS too (like this the rest just follow up.. hahaha noti me? heehee)

If that is so, i also want to tell them too then no need to reservice for NS heehee

258yvky.jpg

Wanted to confirm a rumour going around.

Heard from a friend (who heard from his friend) that the police visited Happy at the Sweat party last night... was that true?

Well said. The authority is discriminating on us as they know that we would not dare to response and we are helplessly submissive to them. Try that in countries such as America or Australia, and see what will happen ? Even take Taiwan for an example, the gays have their rights too. Here is simply a terrible place for us. Think twice before we cast our votes. :angry:

Here is simply a terrible place for us. Think twice before we cast our votes.  :angry:

I do not even have to think. I am eager and looking forward to go to the voting station (provided there is no walk over). There are many policies (not just about gay rights) that I am unhappy about. And, I'll vote against those policies.

Police was at Happy on Sat.. ostensibly to conduct more "drug tests"

This whole cancellation is stupid. How can police issue license like that for the party before hand and then cancel last minute over the phone after office hours? Like this how to do business?

Guest Report by TodayOnline

Feelin’ Good Party

VINITA RAMANI

vinita@newstoday.com.sg

THE party was to have taken place on

Sunday, but it was called off at the last

minute — on its eve.

And no one seems able to agree on

why the Feelin’ Good Party, organised by

gay and lesbian media events company

Fridae.com, was suddenly cancelled.

Boasting Ministry of Sound as its

venue, the party — which was advertised

in local publications such as I-S and Juice,

as well as on radio — was going to feature

Australian house music DJ Kate Munroe.

According to a press statement issued

and published on its website by the

organiser, the same entity behind the

banned annual Nation gay party, the “Ministry

of Sound received a telephone call

from local police demanding that the

party be cancelled”.

Its CEO Stuart Koe added: “Feelin’

Good is simply a party, not unlike any

other party held at clubs all around

Singapore.”

A police spokesperson, however, denied

that they had intervened in any way.

What they did after receiving “information

from the public” about the

party on March 24 was to contact the

Ministry of Sound’s management to “obtain

more details” to plan for possible

“traffic or law and order situations that

might arise”.

Said the spokesperson: “At no time

did we advise the management of the

Ministry of Sound to cancel the event.”

Mr Clement Lee, executive director

of the venue’s parent company

LifeBrandz, also said that Fridae.com’s

statements were “not completely true”

and hinted at other underlying reasons.

“If everything had been above board,

the Ministry of Sound would have allowed

the party to go on as planned,” he

said, declining to explain what he meant.

Up to 1,000 tickets had been sold

for the event, which was planned with a

capacity of 3,800 in mind. The organiser

is now offering refunds on the $20

tickets.

DJ Kate Munroe played at Happy, a

bar in Tanjong Pagar, instead.

Last year, the Nation party, touted as

Asia’s largest gay celebration and held

here annually since 2001, was thrown

into the spotlight after police here denied

its organisers a licence.

The party was eventually moved to

Phuket.

wow, our boys in blue have been super active this past weekend with MOS and Happy. <_<<_<

I wonder if plu are being victimised ahead of elections or if its a tit for tat sabotage by competing gay parties. ;);)

They can deny all they want, but the raid on Happy on Sat night tell the more obvious story. Even if they didn't tell Fridae outright to quit the party, there are more subtle arm-bending tactics the police are so adept at. (Interrogation skills, isn't it?)

While I'm not agreeable with drug use (not least because all this publicity is starting to portray us gays as drug drenched bimbo party boys with tragic glittering fashion sense), I would think the drug bust is not an end in itself, but only part of the means of a whole subtle campaign to vilify gay people to the general public.

Since last year, the papers have been drilling their messages with each news article that gay people here take drugs, engage in wild orgies, and have hedonistic parties all the time.

If we are being made to feel like an unwanted entity in the nation, why do we still support the government?

Think about this when you approach the polling station this mid-year.

our numbers are not large enough to make any dent, that's why THEY don't care. Moreover, we all live in different constituencies so there is no strength in our numbers even if we are more than the 10% norm of the population.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

Your vote has so much more meaning than the outcome. Each vote they lose is a bigger question about how convincing they are.

Me and my friends were in Happy having a drink when they raided the place. People stayed put, and people cheered when they left. And people stayed on. I stayed on beyond the usual time I left. Staying on didn't achieve anything, but it meant something to me. It told me no matter how the government went about harassing us, we were not going to be weak and submit. We have the strength to go on as we did.

Even if your vote doesn't make a dent, you should make it mean something. If you go to bed comfortable knowing you've held up the feet of something that denies your existence, by all means, go ahead too.

Yes, we see and hear their propaganda all over these few weeks as the election is coming, they want to win our votes. Look at your artificial smiles and hypocritical gestures, and review the ways they "treated" us. Giving them a vote means giving them permission to discriminate and further humiliate us. Think twice before we cast our votes. I rather void it!

Guest martin

As for the comments claiming that police is giving impression that all gays are drug users does anyone have the figures for a) how many people were in happy b) how many were taken c) how many failed the test. Don't think there was many really caught. Also I don't believe the raid was reported in any of the media so the police not trying to make any mileage out of it.

So .... what was the point?

Guest Strange
Since last year, the papers have been drilling their messages with each news article that gay people here take drugs, engage in wild orgies, and have hedonistic parties all the time.

Sorry to be wet-blanket.....but other than drugs, I do hv the same impression abt orgies and parties amgst us! :unsure::blink:

As for the comments claiming that police is giving impression that all gays are drug users does anyone have the figures for a) how many people were in happy b) how many were taken c) how many failed the test. Don't think there was many really caught. Also I don't believe the raid was reported in any of the media so the police not trying to make any mileage out of it.

So .... what was the point?

The police? Mileage? The government works in subtle ways. The raid may not be published, but they are sure sending a loud message to the would've-been attendees, local and foreign, of Feeling Good that they are not about to slacken the rope.

You have to remember, each action this government takes is never just an ends in itself. Look at the bigger picture.

As for the point about orgies and parties, the gays who are party-goers usually have a stronger presence in the streets than the not-so-loud nesters. As a result, they portray the first and strongest impression the public has of gay people.

Actually I doubt we're even 10% of the population.

But analyse this: let's say gays were spread evenly in all of Singapore, that would mean 10% of each voting constituency. 10% is a very big percentage in voting terms. If let's say the vote would have gone 65% to the winning party, then this 10% would have swung the percentage to 55%. Not a very convincing win in my books. Even if we don't change the outcome, we would have made them sit up and notice.

The government has given you the right to vote. Don't squander this chance to let them know what you think of the situation.

Oh don't get me wrong. I AM ALL FOR REGISTERING OUR FEELINGS THROUGH THE BALLOT BOX. All I was commenting was that the authorities may not give a hoot as we are too minute in numbers and they can afford not to care, I feel. When they lose votes, they probably don't categorise the lost votes as gay, etc etc.

For those of you old enough to know about Stonewall - the incident in New York City that sparked the launch of Gay Rights - that had encouraged many among us, I am sure, to stand up for our rights as law abiding citizens who pay taxes in this country. And yes, big kudos to all of you who were at Happy when the Police visited the place and stayed put. Do this often enough and they will soon get the message that we are no pushovers (as long as we haven't broken any laws). This comes back to my initial point about having strength in numbers.

I still hope for the day when we will have a soul among us who is unafraid to declare that he or she is gay and stand as an independent candidate. That, hopefully, will galvanise the gay vote. Well, perhaps not in my life time, but there are lots of precedents in the US, Europe, Australia already.

Maybe gays should start thinking about moving to a particular constituency and we can all vote as one in some not too distant future. Otherwise, our separate votes in different constituencies would be "lost". You only got to look at the examples set by our brothers and sisters in San Francisco, Sydney and New York who have voted in gay politicians. Think about it.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

• Guest locked this topic