Male HQ

IT help desk

Guest harold1981

Guest harold1981

Hey guys starting a section here for everyone to post their IT issue and I do my best to resolve or other senior IT can gather here n help or discuss others IT stuff.  

I have two desktop PCs, one that is slightly larger than a bookshelf size and the other mid-size (i.e. not those huge CPU towers)

Can I transfer all the components in the smaller casing to the bigger one?   What are the likely issues to consider, e.g. size of motherboard does not fit, etc.

What about video and sound cards? Shouldn’t be a problem transferring from small to big casing, isn’t it?

Different chassis will have different designs, mountings and i/o ports. It is not so simple to simply say you can transfer from smaller to bigger case just like that. The main factor to consider would be the motherboard and the chassis, the rest will fit into it if the before is fulfilled.

bought a hp laptop whereby no big harddisk like 32gb - do this type laptop do multitask like running smooth when i surf video file ? i keep have lag and the win10 ask me to upgrade but realise left only 5gb , unable to update.

what m i suppose to do ?

19 minutes ago, Diamond said:

bought a hp laptop whereby no big harddisk like 32gb - do this type laptop do multitask like running smooth when i surf video file ? i keep have lag and the win10 ask me to upgrade but realise left only 5gb , unable to update.

what m i suppose to do ?

what model is this? Sounds like an old surface tablet config circa 2013 or low end netbook. Sorry bro, sounds this laptop is only good for maybe 720 p youtube and internet surfing,Light microsoft word and excel , small powerpoint presentations.You might ask for ram upgrade options . Other than that you need a standard heavier laptop ( bugdet 600) or those lighter powerful one( budget 1.3 k) above. Get at least an icore i3 laptop , even mac is running at least an i5 configuration: once you moved away all your important files . You can use this  laptop as a media server like kodi.don't junk it just yet

Edited by SazNura

On 11/12/2016 at 8:02 AM, Enforcer said:

Different chassis will have different designs, mountings and i/o ports. It is not so simple to simply say you can transfer from smaller to bigger case just like that. The main factor to consider would be the motherboard and the chassis, the rest will fit into it if the before is fulfilled.

:clap:  You are so right.

15 hours ago, SazNura said:

what model is this? Sounds like an old surface tablet config circa 2013 or low end netbook. Sorry bro, sounds this laptop is only good for maybe 720 p youtube and internet surfing,Light microsoft word and excel , small powerpoint presentations.You might ask for ram upgrade options . Other than that you need a standard heavier laptop ( bugdet 600) or those lighter powerful one( budget 1.3 k) above. Get at least an icore i3 laptop , even mac is running at least an i5 configuration: once you moved away all your important files . You can use this  laptop as a media server like kodi.don't junk it just yet

the sale staff told me more lite more easy to surf, frankly i only use for surfing that all but when open tumblr or bw forum abit lag - whereby the sale staff say should be faster instead since i m a lite user. 

If you have the time end of this week is the pc show. You might want to consider shopping for a new one.sincerely there is not much you can expect for a netbook like configuration.it might not be even worth it to upgrade ram since sometimes netbook have ram soldered onto the mainboard

Should I go ahead and buy.  Offers end 30-Nov.

HP Pavilion 23 q151 All-in-One
$1299 $999
465_x.gif
6th Gen Intel® CoreTM i5-6400T Processor 
(2.2 GHz, and up to 2.8 GHz)
Windows 10 Home
4GB DDR3L-1600, 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
AMD RadeonTM R7 360 Graphics Card, 
2GB DDR3 VRAM
Ultra Slim Tray SuperMulti DVD Burner
HP Wireless Keyboard & Optical Mouse
23" diagonal WLED-backlit FHD display
(1920 x 1080)

Free: 1 year McAfee Internet Security (worth $39) 
PWP: Pay $199 to upgrade to Next Business Day Response Service (U6417E, worth $249)

465_btn_blue_left.png Buy now

465_btn_blue_right.png
465_x.gif
Promotional period: 
11 – 30 November 2016

465_x.gif  

Really depends on your needs.

'Hmm generally i stay away from all-in-one unless you have small kids who love interactive touch screen or elderly parent who will appreciate the touch features.

Specs are pretty good for an i5.Repair can be a huge hassle since all in one means if carry in warranty you would have to carry the whole set minus keyboard and mouse to the service centre.

Mid range card radeon v370 is already last year release .May not support 2018 high res games.

Not for heavy video editing.VR games may not run optimally.

insist on 64 bit windows .Upgrade path limited , maybe only cpu (i7) hdd and ram.

Edited by SazNura

Thanks for your input, Saz.  

I don't really know much as PC specifications other than just processing speed.

I thought I shall go for a different display card as two Nvidia cards on two desktops intermittently stopped responding (and has recovered).

Tried updating drivers, uninstall and reinstall, taking out card(s) and reinserting, etc.

As for that HP model, I think HP plans to discontinue it, so I'd give it a miss.  I emailed HP about upgrading the RAM and they never replied after one week.  So much about customer service.  Heard that they are winding down the HP centre at Alexandra Rd.    

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.