Male HQ

I need help on a Valentine's Day activity

jayj

Hi guys, 

I'm part of a social enterprise, we're planning to make Valentine's Day an occasion that everyone can enjoy. We've found that Valentine's has become over-commercialized such that it only targets mainstream couples, to the extent that same sex couples, familial love and friendship have been drowned out by this marketing noise.

One of our proposals is to add same-sex love to the Valentine's Day chatter to show that Valentine's doesn't just belong to a small subset of society. In order to do this, we're putting up many attractive prizes for same-sex couples to share with us their Valentine's Day experiences through social media with our campaign hashtag. We also want to change the twisted perception that more conservative portions of society may have on LGBT and show them that we're their sons and daughters and friends too.

However, this is our first time doing this and we really want to make sure this is a campaign that provides value for our community. Could any of you guys give me feedback on whether you'd participate in such a thing and how we can add more value to this campaign?:)

12 hours ago, jayj said:

Hi guys, 

I'm part of a social enterprise, we're planning to make Valentine's Day an occasion that everyone can enjoy.

...we're putting up many attractive prizes for same-sex couples to share with us their Valentine's Day experiences through social media with our campaign hashtag.

Thoughts:

1. Firstly, not many people can contribute to this hashtag since they would need to be part of a same-sex couple. Current couples also may not wish to disclose their relationship (given Singapore's legal discrimination of gays), and if willing to, might already have done so. - To have more participate, might it be better to tweak the requirements a bit e.g. people's aspirations to embrace same-sex love i.e. so singles can participate?

2. Hashtags are open? and there could be trolls too, contributing nonsense. What are your thoughts on those who might be out to sabotage the campaign?

3. Maybe instead of just a one-share experience, you could use a conference app like Slido and make it a Q&A for a select number of couples whom you think might elicit good public response. Have public ask questions and the couple answers? Perhaps this could be grown into an event e.g. Pink Valentine, and acquire critical mass...

Just some thots! :P

• 1 month later...