Male HQ

Still Water Runs Deep, Very Deep.

Guys you'll never believe this, I only learnt this two days ago.

Alex of DHC is actually a Pastrychef!

Apparently he's waiting for his overseas new job, that's why he's working daily in DHC now.

OMG how perfect can he be? Besides his hot abs...

I'll have to buy an oven and then "ke ke" ask his advice and recipes. :twisted:

"If Rice Is Expensive, Just Eat More Meat"

Alex's secret chocolate chip and Pecan nut cookies that I charmed off him. Too bad i can't charm his pants off. He said guaranteed to impress wor.

Soft butter 1000grams, dark brown sugar 750grams, flour 1200grams, baking powder 20grams, chocolate chip 700grams, lightly toasted and chopped pecan nuts 700grams.

Beat butter and sugar till slightly fluffy, add flour and baking powder till well mixed. Add choco chips and pecan nuts till well mixed. Best to prepare the night before baking. Take out cookie dough few hours before baking, scoop with ice cream scoop or hand roll into balls then slightly flatten. Bake on greaseproof paper or oiled baking tray. Bake about 20 mins, temp around 180 degrees celsius.

He did say it's not really a CNY type of cookie, but If it's really that fantastic why not bake your own.

Sounds easy enuff to make.. Will try after CNY.. However, I have never come across a recipe that uses 1000gm(1KG) of butter !!! That means 4 pieces of those "brick" of butter that u buy off the supermarket shelf. Are u sure ALEX has hot abs?? From the amount of ingredients he bake his cookies... I really wonder... hahaha .. just a joke !!

Live A Life, Live it Well. Be Forgiving, All will be Well.

Wei Asura, what cookies u talking about ... If u want I give u another easy to make cookies... Cornflake Cookies.. nice to eat and easy to make

Here goes:

125gm butter, 70gm sugar (already cut from 90), 1 egg yolk, 120gm self raising flour and 140 gram cornflakes. Vanilla essence (optional). for the vanilla essence i use the "just a pinch" measuring spoon.

Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Mix in the egg yolk, then add in flour and mix well. Add in cornflakes and mix till the flour-butter mixture is evenly mix with the cornflakes. This is to ensure that the cornflakes will stick together once it is baked. Put in small paper cup and Bake for 17 mins at 160 celcius.

This recipe makes about 90 cookies. Love the aroma when the cookies is gonna be cooked cos of the buttery smell lingering in the kitchen... enjoy...

Happy Baking and Happy Lunar New Year to all..............

Live A Life, Live it Well. Be Forgiving, All will be Well.

This Alex, gave me another very easy recipe that can be done without a mixer, but made fun of me.

Sugee/Sugi:

Castor sugar 250grams

Plain flour 500grams

Melted ghee 250grams

Salt- half a pinch

Baking powder- half a pinch to 3/4 pinch.

Almond essence- 1/2 teaspoon. (optional if you don't like the smell of it).

Mixed all together with hand, roll into balls of desired size. About 170 degrees for 12 min, depending on oven.

I looked at him blur blur and asked how to do half a pinch, he just laughed. :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.