Male HQ

Anyone does meditation?

Looksee82

Hi, I have been doing meditation, mostly mindfulness; following breathe in and out, kind of meditation. 20mins before sleep. Find it helpful to settle down and be grounded, to not be caught up by emotions and thoughts. Looking inwards so I can be less affected by external. Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Looksee82 said:

Hi, I have been doing meditation, mostly mindfulness; following breathe in and out, kind of meditation. 20mins before sleep. Find it helpful to settle down and be grounded, to not be caught up by emotions and thoughts. Looking inwards so I can be less affected by external. Cheers. 

Good

On 10/1/2017 at 11:57 AM, Looksee82 said:

I meditate too. I used to find time to do it (deliberately) and ended up, my mind would wander to the furthest place ever.

Nowadays, I do it while I lie down to sleep. Just that few mins before I KO, I would remind myself to stay calm. focus on my breathing and clear my mind.

Guest No effort

It seems Vedic Meditation (samatha) technique focuses inward. I hope you guys will also check out Mindfulness Meditation (vipassana) which is more outward and offers a profoundly different experience. It's goals and results are much more ambitious.  Many of the "concentrate on" practices still rely on your ego-self to do it by thinking about it.  Goal of Mindfulness is to let go, DON'T concentrate, and be alive in the present moment by feeling it without thinking, purpose, analysis or language to label it.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/mindfulness-meditation-differences-377346

• 1 month later...

Does anyone here coach, meditation or yoga from a home based environment? A home gym is also a welcomed proposal. Am looking to improve on mental and physical being.

Guest Guest again

Hi 

it’s me again, I do not expect free coaching and am willing pay for the coaching. I only ask for preferably a home based coaching so that the timing is flexible for me. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 10:41 AM, thorzguy said:

I meditate too. I used to find time to do it (deliberately) and ended up, my mind would wander to the furthest place ever.

Nowadays, I do it while I lie down to sleep. Just that few mins before I KO, I would remind myself to stay calm. focus on my breathing and clear my mind.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:35 AM, thepresentfitness said:

I do meditation too.. though the challenge is to find time and suitable quiet places, and also my mind also naturally wander off.

If the mind wanders, gently bring it back again. Use the breathing as support by watching your breathe. If you know some mantras or prayers, use them. If you have sacred images, see them. Whichever that brings your mind back to settle is the best method.

• 2 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.