Male HQ

wireless sound system / speakers / audio (NOT for car audios)

lovehandle

On 11/25/2018 at 9:18 PM, -Ignored- said:

Nokia is in too - for being budget
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-smartphones/

Just to add: Best-value pokemon go mobile phone to date...still the redmi note 5 - dual app, least gps or ram problems, only slightly over $200!

Audio glitch: when muting the pogo music/sound effects continue to play - even as mute button is ON. That's because need to go to settings, sound, and slide the media bar to 0. Super irritating.

Edited by Cube3

17 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Just to add: Best-value pokemon go mobile phone to date...still the redmi note 5 - dual app, least gps or ram problems, only slightly over $200!

Audio glitch: when muting the pogo music/sound effects continue to play - even as mute button is ON. That's because need to go to settings, sound, and slide the media bar to 0. Super irritating.

U r still playing pokemon go??

• 10 months later...
On 1/1/2020 at 6:29 PM, Since u r here said:

Demo-ed it at a few showrooms. And one of my friends bought it for herself as a housewarming gift. 

The regular sized one are quite nice. The base is pretty strong but do you really need to spend 3-5k for nice music? 

The smaller one is so so IMO. 

Before I go on, i must disclaim that I am not an audiophile. I only know some cos my partner brings me along when does his thing. I am someone who is happy with a Soundtouch20 or 30. 

But I agree, i do like KEFS but I prefer the LS50 i think. 

edit: I stand corrected. I think Enrique is right. I was just at robinsons and LSX is the bigger one not the other way. unless the sales guy told me the wrong thing. I can’t help it I’m a size queen. 

Edited by Behrhunter

• 7 months later...

Still, fully taken by my Sennheiser Momentum 1 & 2 for truly wireless playing Flac.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:21 PM, Since u r here said:

wow! love to knw such pp!!!

who  uses a 
Jabra Elite 75t or 65t ? can recommend?

Go for the Active 65t! The 75t doesn’t really have compelling upgrades unless you’re a long user (think 6-8 hours of battery life).

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:48 AM, Since u r here said:

Is small really good? Anyone tried??

Audio is a little coloured. Like Bose they have a sound quality that is manufactured to please a certain section of audience. With two the sound stage is no my cup of tea. A little pricey.. especially if you can afford two. For that money and a bit more, I get a better audiophilre system. If you like super boom box bass or what I call V shape sound, this is for you. POPish and EDM sounds very good. I love those music but I use Monitor speakers for mixing. If you value audio as close to how it was recorded by a sound engineer, this is not something to buy. I didn't.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

But! I m a bass sucker!!!! I want more bass!

or are there any better solutions??

So many out there and not that pricey ... for headphones like Beats are guilty of over boosting bass which for the tone-deaf heheh... I use monitor speakers for mixing but for play back I use speakers that are more balance where the bass are more true to form with some slight boosting. Too much bass is too artificial and for cheaper speakers it can be muddy the mids. Bose is not bad for this too... as they 'color' their speaker's sound. It is not too bad given the sales they make to a large audience so their sound is tuned to please people who like fast audio. You have to listen to a lot of good systems and bad to learn to hear it if not, it gets harder to tell the different and once you get to that level.. getting your audiophile system to improve by like 5% can cost you anything from 10k to 200k or more. heheh My benchmark to distinguish if I get what I am hearing are from system like B+W, McIntosh, Sonus Faber, NAD. Krell..etc

For compact tune sound system that pleases the masses many of the commercial brands are out there that are pretty good. It all depend on how big a room you are trying to shake. The Devialet are impressive as it looks good and have a sound that will appeal to people who has the cash and want loud music. But if you want really quality sound and all that, well you got to first know where you want to put that sound system and for sure it is not a mono speaker system that fires sound 360 degree in a room. You have to start getting specific in location, then choose your component. That's the burden of high fidelity audiophile sound. Sky's the limit and depending on how good your ears are train to listen for good audio and your collection of music. If you play cheap Taiwan, HK, Asia type music of not so good artiste with lousy music arrangement and bad recording... it is crazy to waste your money on a great sound system.. even a Devialet is not worth buying for it. WORST if all you have are MP3 music... crazy to waste your money on compress music formats.

Edited by upshot

10 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Sony??!

when i was small, i tend to like sony but after sometimes i felt it wasnt that durable n i totally lost faith!

for headphones, i m an ATH lover!! I wish to

find some other brand that could beat it

Which one? 20X 30X 40X 50X 60X 70X  early one are a balance monitor headset but the later one from 50X a bit more color and tuned bass Use to have a 40X but now if I mix or DJ mix I use the Sennheiser N25.

38 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

cant rem le

wow! Mix!!!

Mix can not have colored sound as you need to hear all the components of the song  (vocal, backing vocal, instruments and their position and volume) so that you can mix the track as a music arranging.

If you are listening to produced music, you might not worry with a colored headphone or speaker system, you are listening it according to how you like your music but for specific reasons you need specialized system to suit the use. Majority can get away or be happy with 70% of sound devices out there anything more you are getting up to being pretty serious with your choice. The few guys I know the most expensive system they have at home is about 150k.. speakers along can buy a car heheheh AND only for one person who sit in the room specially custom renovated with just one sofa chair. Even then he is only able to get the best 95% of sound quality. Unless he spend more.

For the rest of us with no deep pockets, most brands mid to high price can already get you to about 60-70% quality if you play quality music files.

Edited by upshot

NEVER buy from a shop that does NOT let you try... especially if you are paying more than $100 to $150 for a headset. Example: 5 headphones that cost the same at say, $200 but their sound can be so wide apart in reproduction that if you have a discerning ear, you can tell if it for you or not. ALSO... choice of headphone or audio system for a room, a LOT depend on what music you listen to. I know of shop selling $600 or more headset and do not let you test at all. heheh You buy base on that need.

For example, a sound device that play EDM very well will not be good if you are into vocal. BUT again... this also depend on how good your ears, musically inclined and taste in music.

For some who just want music and can not tell what is quality music production getting the best gear is a waste of money.

Edited by upshot

6 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Ok

now most stereo shops will let u try......

Good headphone shops yes... these days. But if you want cheap and start going to like Sim Lim Square..all those kind of store where margin is lower for examples... you are not able to. Also, read good reviews to help short list and then go listen. But note that if they open a new set for you to try, the sound might lack some more 'settled' sound. New headphones or speakers need a period to 'run -in' so the diaphragm will need some time to run-in like about 30 hours roughly. If you  have a keen ear for sound, a speaker or headphone from what you hear new, you can expect when you run-in for a time, the sound will mellow a little, the bass gets a little fuller and likely a tad deeper. Mids would clear up more. Its not what the sale man will tell you but what you like to listen with your own ears.

Always bring your own music played from your own device to test so you know it is the right kind of speaker or headphone suited to your genre of music. You can not trust some shops especially those selling better sets or high price ones. Some might EQ and re-record the audio track to push the sound or play something bias to that speaker or headphone.

Here is where some shops who want to push their favorite brand or model to clear can mislead if they let you try the one you like new but recommend something to you and let you try a 'burn-in' version...to steer your 'ear' heheh.

The higher the price the more you need to follow some of this tips or google YouTube to help you out. Check brands shop recommend but you do not know in case they BS you and you end up with some costing an arm and a leg and use for a while and it stops working and no way to get it repaired. Yes there are imitations ones around too. Their entire packaging is damn authentic looking too.

Edited by upshot

On 9/23/2020 at 1:11 PM, upshot said:

Good headphone shops yes... these days. But if you want cheap and start going to like Sim Lim Square..all those kind of store where margin is lower for examples... you are not able to. Also, read good reviews to help short list and then go listen. But note that if they open a new set for you to try, the sound might lack some more 'settled' sound. New headphones or speakers need a period to 'run -in' so the diaphragm will need some time to run-in like about 30 hours roughly. If you  have a keen ear for sound, a speaker or headphone from what you hear new, you can expect when you run-in for a time, the sound will mellow a little, the bass gets a little fuller and likely a tad deeper. Mids would clear up more. Its not what the sale man will tell you but what you like to listen with your own ears.

Always bring your own music played from your own device to test so you know it is the right kind of speaker or headphone suited to your genre of music. You can not trust some shops especially those selling better sets or high price ones. Some might EQ and re-record the audio track to push the sound or play something bias to that speaker or headphone.

Here is where some shops who want to push their favorite brand or model to clear can mislead if they let you try the one you like new but recommend something to you and let you try a 'burn-in' version...to steer your 'ear' heheh.

The higher the price the more you need to follow some of this tips or google YouTube to help you out. Check brands shop recommend but you do not know in case they BS you and you end up with some costing an arm and a leg and use for a while and it stops working and no way to get it repaired. Yes there are imitations ones around too. Their entire packaging is damn authentic looking too.

I couldn't agree more with what you've written bro.

As an audio buff myself, the Run-in / Burn-in activities needed are highly essential when you're investing in better audio equipment.

The reviews by the industry Gurus, will give you a clear indication of the sound quality and sonic abilities of the equipment you plan to purchase.

Also the associated equipment in the chain, used in the test review are all factors of influence towards the final sound quality achieved.

So you can gauge your equipment against the reference ones used to estimate the sound "colour" you'd expect from your system.

I spent close to half a year going back to the shop and auditioning the speaker I planned to buy, using various LP's and CD's I was familiar with... one time I even took my preamp to the shop...hehe... till I was satisfied.

When finally the speakers arrived, we hooked it up just to make sure all was working... it didn't sound anything like in the showroom, expectedly, and then began the run-in, for a week!!

I literally placed both speakers almost face to face, then stacked a lot of cushions and pillows and finally a small folding mattress to contain the sound, and cranked up the vol with some non-stop music playing... and left it .

After a week, I finally did the speaker placement setup and finding the "sweet spot"... it was just the most blissful 8hours that followed, enjoying my records!

Over the next few weeks.. minor tweaking of the position... and it is in its final location now.... all marked on the floor.

Even my Vacuum tube Amplifier did not sound as expected out of the box, till I did a Burn-in, just tune in the white noise and let it run for about two days.

As mentioned in the earlier post  by Upshot, I do agree that if you're not able to distinguish the timberal accuracy or even bother with such details, then a fairly basic audio device will suffice... as the sound quality will be "generally ok"... let your ears decide what rocks your boat. 

Cheers, Mike :-) 

5 hours ago, mike_amk said:

I couldn't agree more with what you've written bro.

As an audio buff myself, the Run-in / Burn-in activities needed are highly essential when you're investing in better audio equipment.

The reviews by the industry Gurus, will give you a clear indication of the sound quality and sonic abilities of the equipment you plan to purchase.

Also the associated equipment in the chain, used in the test review are all factors of influence towards the final sound quality achieved.

So you can gauge your equipment against the reference ones used to estimate the sound "colour" you'd expect from your system.

I spent close to half a year going back to the shop and auditioning the speaker I planned to buy, using various LP's and CD's I was familiar with... one time I even took my preamp to the shop...hehe... till I was satisfied.

When finally the speakers arrived, we hooked it up just to make sure all was working... it didn't sound anything like in the showroom, expectedly, and then began the run-in, for a week!!

I literally placed both speakers almost face to face, then stacked a lot of cushions and pillows and finally a small folding mattress to contain the sound, and cranked up the vol with some non-stop music playing... and left it .

After a week, I finally did the speaker placement setup and finding the "sweet spot"... it was just the most blissful 8hours that followed, enjoying my records!

Over the next few weeks.. minor tweaking of the position... and it is in its final location now.... all marked on the floor.

Even my Vacuum tube Amplifier did not sound as expected out of the box, till I did a Burn-in, just tune in the white noise and let it run for about two days.

As mentioned in the earlier post  by Upshot, I do agree that if you're not able to distinguish the timberal accuracy or even bother with such details, then a fairly basic audio device will suffice... as the sound quality will be "generally ok"... let your ears decide what rocks your boat. 

Cheers, Mike 🙂

I was certain you might have something to add given you being a record lover heheheh...

I think sometime unless you have deep pockets like I know some folks (spent more on equipment then wives) home audio equipment can be subjective to set up and acoustically maximize their sound. We are no longer just talking equipment alone but the room acoustic character too. Hard or soft surfaces, room shape, location of speaker versus what other furniture in the room to bounce or reflect the sound. All for the audiophile to place his chair in the room to get the optimum sound to his ears. I think most will not be doing that but have a general 'sounds good' locations. For the interest of those who do not play great audio equipment, what they call a demo room for audio lover is a room SPECIALLY built, padded and have spent time to check and tested before you even step inside it, in order to make the audio sound almost perfect. Problem is when you buy the equipment, it did not COME WITH THE ROOM as well hehe So you have to sometime get as close to what you hear and also it just night sound better than the demo room. And yes it also means they can choose specific type of music to play to ensure, the sound is optimized.

So ya... when you start to look to higher brands and equipment, you find, it gets crazy.  Be it headphone or speakers. For the general listener, more serious audio lovers even send their music device like a mobile phone or iPod intro a PreAmp and/or Amp before the sound signal goes into their wired headphones. AND YES, WIRED Headphones delivers the better sound then Bluetooth. As of today Bluetooth, even at Ver. 5 is not able to carry the best fidelity of sound to your ears given the frequency and also due to interferences..etc.  That is listen to audio at the higher level and that is only like 60% to 70%. For audiophile equipment almost all at their most entry level prices can only get you like 85% to 90% at best. After that, just to get you another 1-2%, you are paying easily 10 times or more. That is where you hear of people paying for speakers wires (example like Tchernov) to a length of 2m costing $30k a per.  And that is still not the most expensive in the world.  Pairs of speakers so powerful they need also TWO AMP Blocks to drive them or FOUR (Bi-Amp) so they can the cleanest bass and mids. So ya it gets crazy if you go crazy over sound.  The best speakers I have heard, cost as much as a BMW 320. Speakers alone. The audio specially renovated. Even the electricity he use to power his entire home system is 'washed' to remove 'dirty signal' LOL And yes he lives in Singapore.

And yes you can hear the difference but your ears has to be really trained and tune to catch it. hehehe. Even I can not go to that level or even 80% man heheh My expensive MTBs already scare a lot of people but this kind of crazy pursuit of the ultimate audio equipment when you really want to follow those ... the sky is the limit and the pockets really deep.

I know this is totally irrelevant to the vast majority here but just thought I share a bit about the world of high level audio listening and what it takes to get there. So for mere mortals like us, be careful when you ask for the best recommendation. You just might be shocked with what's out there. And what normal folks also spent.

If you have a room full of stuff and like most being cramp room sizes as flats or even condo goes, get non-stereo like those single speaker or 360 sound. Truly stereo is a waste of time as you will hardly get it in those kind of rooms unless you remove all your furniture and reorganize AROUND the system. AND that includes car interior. Best is to control and listen with earphones and headsets. Take room acoustic out of the equation. But good headphones are also not cheap heheh.. I know a pair that cost 4k. My most expensive at any one time is 1k that's my mental limit I am willing to go. Crazy. hehe

Edited by upshot

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.