Male HQ

Fitness advise

SKYT

Must I join a fitness club in order to built up muscle? The fees of most fitness club is so ex. My dream is to have big chest and six packs or maybe 2 packs abs. Any exercise which I can do at home which can help to made my dream comes true?  Happy new year to all.

Edited by SKYT

Just do it at home. Get a pull-up bar, a decent dumbbell set and if you want a barbell set with a proper rack and a bench and also a couple pieces of floor mat.

Also, don't expect any magic to happen overnight and you are not going to gain much within 1 to 2 years unless you are using something dubious.

To gain muscles, you have to expect hard work for at least 5 years to be considered barely experience enough to think about building muscle mass.

The first two years is cardio and learning your basics first (i.e. proper workout form) and how to manage possible injuries you might sustain.

Getting 6 pack abs is about diet control. Lessen the amount of carbs and sugar intake and do at least 2x a week cardio. There is no magical formula to 6 packs. You may not have 6 packs  after doing cardio with high intensity training and controlled diet if you don't have the proper genetics either as this is subjective.

If you are into fitness, you should simply take what comes to you and not expect too much while still doing your due diligence and best effort so that it does't demoralize you since at the end of the day, fitness is about being healthy as the primary goal and the lesser goal which in itself is a bonus is a good body.

For now, use a good online mapping software and find yourself a good jogging/running road and plan for 2x a week cardio at the very least and plan your diet.

1 hour ago, Cernunnos said:

Just do it at home. Get a pull-up bar, a decent dumbbell set and if you want a barbell set with a proper rack and a bench and also a couple pieces of floor mat.

Also, don't expect any magic to happen overnight and you are not going to gain much within 1 to 2 years unless you are using something dubious.

To gain muscles, you have to expect hard work for at least 5 years to be considered barely experience enough to think about building muscle mass.

The first two years is cardio and learning your basics first (i.e. proper workout form) and how to manage possible injuries you might sustain.

Getting 6 pack abs is about diet control. Lessen the amount of carbs and sugar intake and do at least 2x a week cardio. There is no magical formula to 6 packs. You may not have 6 packs  after doing cardio with high intensity training and controlled diet if you don't have the proper genetics either as this is subjective.

If you are into fitness, you should simply take what comes to you and not expect too much while still doing your due diligence and best effort so that it does't demoralize you since at the end of the day, fitness is about being healthy as the primary goal and the lesser goal which in itself is a bonus is a good body.

For now, use a good online mapping software and find yourself a good jogging/running road and plan for 2x a week cardio at the very least and plan your diet.

glad to learn that!

some told me that every one is born w v line or 6pacs, just tht it is concealed by fat

Worst that straight man even told me, eatg more eggs will  help! but he has has high fat level, sugar content ie he is obese

2 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

glad to learn that!

some told me that every one is born w v line or 6pacs, just tht it is concealed by fat

Worst that straight man even told me, eatg more eggs will  help! but he has has high fat level, sugar content ie he is obese

Arnold Schwarzenegger only have 4 pack abs if you look closely. Some are gifted with 8 packs and some are very gifted with 10 packs. Nothing you can change to how many packs. What dieting and exercise do is simply to reveal whatever you have. If you have 4 packs, just do your best and bring it out by lowering to about 9% body fats and that's about it.

Eggs does not help with losing fats whatsoever. It is only as part of daily protein intake.

Just now, Cernunnos said:

Arnold Schwarzenegger only have 4 pack abs if you look closely. Some are gifted with 8 packs and some are very gifted with 10 packs. Nothing you can change to how many packs. What dieting and exercise do is simply to reveal whatever you have. If you have 4 packs, just do your best and bring it out by lowering to about 9% body fats and that's about it.

Eggs does not help with losing fats whatsoever. It is only as part of daily protein intake.

yup agree w u

he even got a trainer leh....trainer said eggs woh, I wondered did he tell his trainer tht he is slight diabetic
maybe he s building muscles concurrently

wow, gifted w 10packs!!!! envy

• 4 months later...

Wah there is so many excercise you can do at home or multi task too. It is recommended to have both sets of dumbbells/barbell at home (invest and it is worth it)

(without any gym equipment)

1. Chair dips 

2. Normal 6 ups 

3. Push Up/One finger push up(inner and outer chest)

4. Skipping 

5. Lunges 

6. Basic army excercise 

7. Staircases (climb up only)

8. Leg raises (wall) 

9. Planks (abs) 

10. Use 1litre water bottle (full) as Dumbbells. 

And don't forget warm up and cool down excercises.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.