Male HQ

Have you ever Regretted Sharing your Photo?

Mastiff

18 minutes ago, cutejack said:

If regret quickly block or delete lor.

Yeah... what's been uploaded to the internet can never be retrieved again, unfortunately.

I think you won't think to block until something bad happens, and by then they would have screenshot your pic and there's nothing you can do about it.

1 hour ago, Mastiff said:

Yeah... what's been uploaded to the internet can never be retrieved again, unfortunately.

I think you won't think to block until something bad happens, and by then they would have screenshot your pic and there's nothing you can do about it.

Aiyah in spore they can try do hanky panky lo

U got the right to sue n they face the consequences. 

Hmm, there was this particularly unusual behaviour which puzzles me even till now. 
I met this person, G in Grindr who carried our conversation to Skype. 
As our chat prolongs, his persistence to further solicit pictures proc me to investigate his authenticity. (He kept a blog of his rich sex experiences and knowledge, which led me to believe his legibility of his attractive photo.) 
On that day, I learnt that images downloaded in Skype conversation kept the same file name as named by the uploader. 
"XXXTan, FB Grindr, 234234.jpg" was one of his shared pictures of "himself". 
He denied catfishing and claimed the naming convention to be a habit instead of an organized image collection.
Since then, I stopped sharing too much photos lol.

Edited by Steven94

Guest 72%dark

hmm, if you mean the Internet, that’s the reason I don’t believe in posting a clear face pic of myself. I just don’t trust people to act honorably.

As for apps and chatting with someone, my warning bells ring when someone asks endlessly for more pics and more pics, especially “naughty” ones. You don’t need that many to get an impression of how someone looks. And you need to see them in person to really clinch the deal. So when someone asks for too much it seems to me like they’re just fishing. Especially if they’re also vague about what they’re after.

In the beginning I didn't share my face pics and i don't demand from the one I'm chatting with. Only know how each other looks like when we meet.

Slowly i started to share then thats when i encountered at least one user who catfished me, another found my Instagram and screenshot my pics and just send them to me. Some even gave me a link to Tumblr saying my pics are there (I scrolled through the entire page, it wasn't).

So now I choose not to share my face pics. I won't lose out of who i don't seek and only stand to gain.

Edited by go-geek

good deeds never go unpunished

1 hour ago, go-geek said:

In the beginning I didn't share my face pics and i don't demand from the one in chatting with. Only know how each other looks like when we meet.

Slowly i started to share then thats when i encountered at least one user who catfished me, another found my Instagram and screenshot my pics and just send them to me. Some even gave me a link to Tumblr saying my pics are there (I scrolled through the entire page, it wasn't).

So now I choose not to share my face pics. I won't lose out of who i don't seek and on my stand to gain.

but many events and sessions will keep insist that you need to show them your photos

no matter how I declined and told them I m not the handsome or muscled type, they keep insisting

after viewing they have a concussion and then forget about me totally

1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

but many events and sessions will keep insist that you need to show them your photos

no matter how I declined and told them I m not the handsome or muscled type, they keep insisting

oh my..hahaha..i had a good laugh about people forgetting u totally...i am guilty of that...

7 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

I choose not to heed to those demands for I don't gain from their rejections. I suggest you move on and continue conversation with those who respects your decision.

Just because the "majority" thinks it's okay for npnc or no reply is a reply, there's also the "majority" who has a sense of consideration and respect for one another. It's a matter of which sphere we choose to be in.

I used to share face pic, but not anything below the waist line. But there was once when I was told off by a user that my pic was shared on tumblr. It was a pic including the chest area, and the caption was meant to be a compliment, However, it infringed my privacy and I felt uncomfortable. Ever since then, I  stopped sharing pic.

Initially, i was very careless with my pics. I thought that it was good manners, and always exchanged with people who sent me theirs - even if they really weren't my type. Because a deal is a deal.

I wasn't interested too much with cock pics, because i don't get off on them. But it's a very common request i get due to my profile description. Regardless, the most I would send was a picture of me topless in boardshorts or gym gear. I found that these innocent pics were more than sufficient to hook my catch and things went fine for months without problems. I met alot of great people and we had a lot of fun. 

Then one day, i was chatting on Grindr in a coffee shop at Orchard Central and was contacted by a really hot Korean guy. He was 28, had a shredded body, with a handsome but somewhat arrogant/disdainful face. Since i like smaller, smiley twinks with easy-going attitudes, i was going to pass on him. 

But he was persistent, and was sending me pic after pic, each one hotter than the last. These were studio quality shots he was sending me, with professional lighting to contrast his musculature in stark relief. His hair was nicely styled and what he wore was really trendy. It made me think he was extremely vain and frankly, way out of my league.

But he explained that he was a postgraduate student on exchange, and did part time modelling as a hobby. He said he had realistic expectations, and wasn't holding me to the same standards he was demonstrating. Wow... brains and brawn, with killer looks and possibly a grounded DTE attitude. I was intrigued!

I went through my Instagram and carefully curated a portfolio of pics which had received the most likes. Some of these had me in my sports jerseys and posing with team mates. Strangely, the first ones I sent him, he took issue with. "I knew you were fake", he proclaimed. This is either not you, or was taken at a different time of your life. Dude, I protested, of course this is me - and it was taken just last month! But he went on this tirade about always encountering dishonest people in Singapore and how he was always dealing with fakers who had no confidence in their real looks, why couldn't people just be honest etc. etc.

I dunno what came over me, and i dug up a very special very private photo. It was shot by my ex during a trip to HK using a dslr with a decent portrait lens. It had me totally naked in bed, tousled sheets and fluffy pillows arranged around me like a soft feathery throne. I was seated with my head and back propped against the headboard with my legs slightly spread apart. My knees were drawn up halfway, so you could clearly see a view of my rounded pecs and just the vague outline of my upper abs.

But obviously the main focal point of this picture was my dick. From this angle, it looked whopping humongous (just an optical illusion simply because it was the body part closest to the camera). given that i had just finished making love to my ex, i was still hard and starting to deflate only a little. My tool remained thick and veiny though, and my balls were waxed smooth. This contrasted with a neat tuft of dark pubes at the base of my shaft. I was still slowly dribbling out jism which was trickling down towards my balls (usually, my ex would not have let this go to waste, but he had not been trained to like "ass to mouth" at that point in time). I was looking squarely at the photographer. My countenance was sultry, but not entirely lucid - as if in a languid stupor. I was high on life, which explained why I was shooting the love of my life a silly grin in a moment of genuine happiness and contentment. 

So, in a second of lust-fueled pique, I sent one of the most intimate pictures of myself to a total stranger whom I'd never even met. And you'd have guessed by now, once the bastard got what he wanted, he blocked me.

A few weeks later, the pictures surfaced on Tumblr. I was mortified, because even though the pictures were innocent enough, there were Grindr watermarks showing where they had been sourced. Even those pics of my team mates were posted up, but they tagged me with the name of a total stranger. I held my breath, but there was no outcry. Thank god my buddies are all straight.

And as is the case when the content isn't hot enough, Tumblr very quickly allows you to fade into obscurity. I contacted the owner of the site and he said it was an anonymous submission, but he was good enough to take them down without giving me grief. I was respectful and thanked him profusely.

I searched and searched all the SGGay Tumblrs for months, and that one incriminating dick pic with my face on it was never posted. To this day, it hangs over my head like a sword of damocles.  

5 minutes ago, donaldduckeroo said:

I'm very curious, what do you think somebody stand to gain by catfishing? He couldn't possibly meet up cos he is not the person in the pic, unless he just goes ahead to arrange anyway and hope the other guy accepts him on the spot.

Or do you think he is just catfishing for nudes to jerk off to? Lol

so that they can attract pp to hitch on them and to start a  conversation

during meetup , they will claim that photo was 6 years ago

and many fantasized that they looked that handsome hence catfished a similar photo to represent himself

I rather be honest

I wish to know how do all of u know it is your photo?

How? unless there is a tattoo , from the chin down and end above the pubes, tons of gays who goes to the gym has the same chest and pecs

n plenty wore undies and showing their frontal package too
Underwear has diff brands and quality hence still can differentiate but from nude body, I m not sure how

and @Mastiff
a deal is a deal, no matter how is the other party , if one promised to exchange, it is a gentlemen's agreement

(there is not being careless)

2 hours ago, donaldduckeroo said:

I'm very curious, what do you think somebody stand to gain by catfishing? He couldn't possibly meet up cos he is not the person in the pic, unless he just goes ahead to arrange anyway and hope the other guy accepts him on the spot.

Or do you think he is just catfishing for nudes to jerk off to? Lol

good question, we will never know that answer. All I know is that I was informed that someone had used my pictures and had been chatting to one of my friends. 

I could have pissed the person off back then, and it was a work of revenge? Who knows...

i am not comfortable sharing my photos due to the nature of my job. i work in a white-collar job and in a field where reputation is very important, and it is a conservative field, where being openly gay (and sharing pic is considered as one) is not only frowned upon, but it can do harm to reputation and even integrity. and living in Malaysia doesnt help too.

and i have been accused of being ugly and not confident of my look as my rationales in sharing my pic (though i have taken the time to explain about the nature of my job and field). i may not have a male supermodel face, but i am at a stage of my life where i can say i am not ugly and i am in a stage of my life where i am improving my facial features, on top of my body features. i used to have acne and pimples, and now those are not a big deal for me anymore. i am skinny now, but i wont be so by the end of Q1 2018.

it is unfair and sad to be accused of ugly just cause i dont share pic.

7 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

I wish to know how do all of u know it is your photo?

How? unless there is a tattoo , from the chin down and end above the pubes, tons of gays who goes to the gym has the same chest and pecs

n plenty wore undies and showing their frontal package too
Underwear has diff brands and quality hence still can differentiate but from nude body, I m not sure how

and @Mastiff
a deal is a deal, no matter how is the other party , if one promised to exchange, it is a gentlemen's agreement

(there is not being careless)

It's hard not to know that the picture is yours if you took it or had someone took it for you. You just know. It's really not that hard to fathom tbh. You tend to remember the pics you share.

Unless a person takes pics with countless underwears and countless poses for countless people to the point that they don't know it's them, then it's highly unlikely.

And I really question the logic behind the gentlemen's agreement. A gentlemen's agreement would entail that both parties have no I'll intent which is hard to figure out. There's plenty of demand for tumblr exposes and even some posts just on guys on Jack'd. Just the pics they share.

Yes granted they put them on Jack'd for ppl to see, but did they want their profile pics to be splashed all over Tumblr? Maybe not.

I'm not faulting you, but things are more complex than it seem.

@Mastiff I roughly get the feeling. It's shit to be at the receiving end of something like that.

Guest 72%dark

I wrote about this kind of thing before. But I suppose it’s quixotic to hope that people would actually take heed and act with decency.

Sorry to hear about the bad experiences reported here.

5 hours ago, go-geek said:

It's hard not to know that the picture is yours if you took it or had someone took it for you. You just know. It's really not that hard to fathom tbh. You tend to remember the pics you share.

Unless a person takes pics with countless underwears and countless poses for countless people to the point that they don't know it's them, then it's highly unlikely.

And I really question the logic behind the gentlemen's agreement. A gentlemen's agreement would entail that both parties have no I'll intent which is hard to figure out. There's plenty of demand for tumblr exposes and even some posts just on guys on Jack'd. Just the pics they share.

Yes granted they put them on Jack'd for ppl to see, but did they want their profile pics to be splashed all over Tumblr? Maybe not.

I'm not faulting you, but things are more complex than it seem.

@Mastiff I roughly get the feeling. It's shit to be at the receiving end of something like that.

get your point too

mayb i hardly offer photos, it s the other party who will wanna a photo of how an uncle looked like

sometimes the catfishing began much later and it took sometime for pp to start telling u, they saw your similar photo on elsewhere

and to me, there r plenty of such free photos when u google

i m nt sure why dont those pp catfish there

anyway i usu will join facebook grps on photography and hobbies

all the enthusiast will create watermark of their own name or co. Name on their precious photos

so that no1 dare to use their photos

u can use their beautiful photos on ur phone still but the watermark will appear 

to me, in this iT era

it shdnt b too difficult to use edit function to protect your own pict and it took seconds to watermark your own photo esp u knw pp tend to catfish

i have never sent any pics to anyone but i do always upload pics showing my face and butt in gay social sites (totally nude). maybe i am shameless (coz i live in the states) but my pics appeal to the ang mohs.. not so much towards asian men. i appeal to ang moh's fetishes maybe? ;)

Edited by Sylph Boy

Ya mans I always delete my photos on IG cause it felt ugly. Heh.

But nah, if two people mutually have similar goals in mind//to make friends, then looks shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I've had people stop replying/block me after trading pictures but I'm fine with that.

17 hours ago, Eujiboo said:

Ya mans I always delete my photos on IG cause it felt ugly. Heh.

But nah, if two people mutually have similar goals in mind//to make friends, then looks shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I've had people stop replying/block me after trading pictures but I'm fine with that.

love ya!

nowadays catfishing should not be performed when we can edit our photos

even a common flower or photos of a tourism spot are all splashed with the owner's signature, so I m not sure how does one catfish with the owners' name on it?
and I noticed many has tattoo, so easily the tattoo (eg a name or an Initial ) can identify the owner
it takes seconds just to put a name on your photo and it doesn't even affect the aesthetic of your dic pics or bod

Pls NOW is the era of IT, make good use of it (don't have to think deep tht catfishers can easily remove your name on those photos, let them do it, just like why bother to think tonite if  u come home late, will u be robbed)

16 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

love ya!

nowadays catfishing should not be performed when we can edit our photos

even a common flower or photos of a tourism spot are all splashed with the owner's signature, so I m not sure how does one catfish with the owners' name on it?
and I noticed many has tattoo, so easily the tattoo (eg a name or an Initial ) can identify the owner
it takes seconds just to put a name on your photo and it doesn't even affect the aesthetic of your dic pics or bod

Pls NOW is the era of IT, make good use of it (don't have to think deep tht catfishers can easily remove your name on those photos, let them do it, just like why bother to think tonite if  u come home late, will u be robbed)

Thing is, if we have come to the point that every single picture of ourselves need to be watermarked before being shared then shame on humanity.

The issue is not if conversations end after mutually exchanging pics. Its the usage of pics that we share and it being posted all over the net. I acknowledge the risks of sharing pics and that it's unfortunate that it may not be unavoidable. But knowledge is power and ignorance shouldn't be bliss.

5 hours ago, go-geek said:

. I acknowledge the risks of sharing pics and that it's unfortunate that it may not be unavoidable. But knowledge is power and ignorance shouldn't be bliss.

Yes but q a no. been doing the watermark online

personally i dont

when i share photos abt my travel or submit as a contest or travel article

i dont even bother to watermark

but as prev attached 

from gardeng enthusiast to many others

Some been doing watermark somehow

however for bodies, some dont even need to mark themselves as from their tattoos, u knw they belongs to the owner, hahahaha

i trust a person usu use the same few photos , they dont keep a whole full thumdr of photos so even if there s a need to watermk , it wont take long ya?

Nope I don't have regrets because I don't share naughty photos.

Only face pics in apps. And I don't care because if people recognize me, chance is that person himself is gay or at least gay-friendly.

Not worried about catfishing too. Because well, either you're good looking or not. If you're not, nobody's gonna use your pic for catfishing. If you're good looking, come on, someone can still easily take your picture from non-gay platforms (e.g. Facebook) and use your photos anyway.

But that's just my thoughts. Agree to disagree, we can.

Edited by derryfawne

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

On ‎30‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, derryfawne said:

Nope I don't have regrets because I don't share naughty photos.

Only face pics in apps. And I don't care because if people recognize me, chance is that person himself is gay or at least gay-friendly.

Not worried about catfishing too. Because well, either you're good looking or not. If you're not, nobody's gonna use your pic for catfishing. If you're good looking, come on, someone can still easily take your picture from non-gay platforms (e.g. Facebook) and use your photos anyway.

But that's just my thoughts. Agree to disagree, we can.

but cannot see your pic here

22 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

but cannot see your pic here

Face pic in app =/= face pic in Internet

One is an environment only a gay or gay-friendly person will chance across. The other is an environment within public searchability. Context.

That aside, people have contacted me on BW on a private capacity before and I have not had reservation to show my pic.

And that still doesn't defeat the fact that in all gay apps I use my face pic right away. People who know me in person knows this.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

On 1/25/2018 at 2:21 PM, Steven94 said:

Hmm, there was this particularly unusual behaviour which puzzles me even till now. 
I met this person, G in Grindr who carried our conversation to Skype. 
As our chat prolongs, his persistence to further solicit pictures proc me to investigate his authenticity. (He kept a blog of his rich sex experiences and knowledge, which led me to believe his legibility of his attractive photo.) 
On that day, I learnt that images downloaded in Skype conversation kept the same file name as named by the uploader. 
"XXXTan, FB Grindr, 234234.jpg" was one of his shared pictures of "himself". 
He denied catfishing and claimed the naming convention to be a habit instead of an organized image collection.
Since then, I stopped sharing too much photos lol.

I have ever exposed a blogger once too cos he was blogging about his sexcapades with one of my friends. what some bloggers will do for fame and numbers..

Edited by earth_tone

Guest 72%dark
3 hours ago, derryfawne said:

Face pic in app =/= face pic in Internet

One is an environment only a gay or gay-friendly person will chance across. The other is an environment within public searchability. Context.

The problem is there are people who screenshot the photos of other users on the apps and repost the screenshots to the Internet (e.g. on their tumblr blogs). Though I personally think this is wrong, it doesn’t stop people from doing it. So confining your face pics to the apps isn’t a guarantee it won’t be leaked onto the Internet by other people. The moment you share it by any medium, it’s somewhat out of your control.

On 2/2/2018 at 2:20 AM, 72%dark said:

The problem is there are people who screenshot the photos of other users on the apps and repost the screenshots to the Internet (e.g. on their tumblr blogs). Though I personally think this is wrong, it doesn’t stop people from doing it. So confining your face pics to the apps isn’t a guarantee it won’t be leaked onto the Internet by other people. The moment you share it by any medium, it’s somewhat out of your control.

I see where you're coming from.

But I think it depends on the nature of the photo too. Like if someone's sharing a shirtless or naked photos within the apps, then there's higher chance his pics will be reposted on Internet.

But if his photos are generally quite decent and just face pics, there's less incentive for people to repost.

And even if his face pic gets reposted and his friend/colleague/family questioned him on that, he can always pull a "I don't know... looks like someone may have misused my face pic without permission" card.

Whereas if the pic which gets reposted is a shirtless/nude, it's much harder to deflect because people can tell that the pics were uploaded in "dating app/hook up" context.

On 01/02/2018 at 11:36 PM, earth_tone said:

have ever exposed a blogger once too cos he was blogging about his sexcapades with one of my friends.

Perhaps more details, so we understand the context?

Was it an eye for an eye?

How'd your friend take it?

2 hours ago, Mastiff said:

Perhaps more details, so we understand the context?

Was it an eye for an eye?

How'd your friend take it?

After confronting this person, my friend stopped communicating w him. I cant say much more to also protect my friend's privacy.

And i have really forgotten this blogger's name, i stopped following him eversince too

1 hour ago, earth_tone said:

After confronting this person, my friend stopped communicating w him. I cant say much more to also protect my friend's privacy.

Ya sure, of course. No need to go into specific details, please.

So the Blogger explicitly named your friend, with pics and all?

It's a trend with exes, sometimes for the sake of revenge. But I'd not heard of it done to ONS encounters.

It's a scary world we live in. 

4 hours ago, Mastiff said:

Ya sure, of course. No need to go into specific details, please.

So the Blogger explicitly named your friend, with pics and all?

It's a trend with exes, sometimes for the sake of revenge. But I'd not heard of it done to ONS encounters.

It's a scary world we live in. 

No pics, but still very easily identified... 

• Guest locked this topic