Male HQ

Thousands petition to change Singapore's film rating for 'Love, Simon' 

CKW

(opening 3 May 2018 in Singapore)

Under 21 in Singapore? You can't see 'Love, Simon' in cinemas

Greg Berlanti's delightful gay teen rom-com has been rated R21 by the country's Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA), meaning unless you're over 21, you can't see it in a theater.

To read more, visit

https://mashable.com/2018/04/03/love-simon-singapore-classification/

There'll be a counter petition soon ...

Anyway, with 377A still in place, it's very easy to dismiss the petitioners: We do not allow the normalisation of the homosexual lifestyle, especially to minors.

"a young Singaporean teen struggling with their sexuality might find themself relating and finding comfort in this movie" <- This argument will cut no ice, in fact it might ring alarm bells.

Edited by Vometra

be grateful

21 can!  watch - what is the fuss man? in this digital world,  u sure we have no other means ?

and it is high time that the younger ones dont get to enjoy things we could

Freshmeat doesnt mean they can have all they need too

we did post it on earlier (on several occasion, doing writeups) but no1 seemed to be excited abt this Movie (nt tht all assumed it will be passed with no cut esp u r living in sg)  at all in our Sg most popular gay website: BW! but when many create a  hu ha then everyone join in to make verbal noise 
as though this movie is just ok - in fact it s nothing that great 

Well the fear is that if young people, I.e. Teenagers, watch a movie about a gay teenager, it will make them think and believe that being gay is normal and ok. Then they will demand parents to accept them as they are. Then their family and friends, then society etc. Parents will start to think that it is ok to love my gay son/ daughter instead of disowning them and guilt them with shame and be ashamed. Next thing, a change in attitudes and mentality about LGBT. Acceptance. Kaboom! 

Love. 

to start with , the movie is about straight relationships, reminding kids not to...........hanky panky 

and then...............it developed... the movie is just a typical script which later developed into finding what your love is , it has nothing much to rave about 

It shdnt b a new thing how Sg determines ratings

anyway 21 yo is not a late age to begin watching

based on some of the comments and actions of our members, it is clearly even at certain age, maturity is still not into fruition * poor Mod has to keep reminding our pp to get back to topics

Most watch a movie and learn something out of it (but dont think it is the case for some here, so whether get to watch or not, it just means one "entertainment"piece lesser, not much of an impact) hence nothing to shout or cry

Movies that are weepy and sobbing* is very direct at stirring our emotions, but how about those which r deeper like Shape of water?

1-2 gays asked what s that fuck movie about ? why get an old and unattractive lady to be the female lead? goodness is this how gays looked at humans?

they really failed to understand why the movie was titled "Shape of water"

this is not an action movie yet no1 talks about it : it started off as a thread in a form of sarcastic remarks 

Gaining so many trophies (not nominations) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accolades_received_by_The_Shape_of_Water

Best Picture Guillermo del Toro and J. Miles Dale Won [10]
Best Director Guillermo del Toro
Best Original Score Alexandre Desplat Won
Best Production Design Paul D. Austerberry, Jeff Melvin and Shane Vieau

even for bafa too 

Best Direction Guillermo del Toro

Won

Best Film Music Alexandre Desplat

Best Production Design Paul D. Austerberry, Shane Vieau and Jeff Melvin

Golden globe:

Best Director Guillermo del Toro Won

Best Original Score Alexandre Desplat Won

Directors Guild of America Awards February 3, 2018 Outstanding Directing – Feature Film Guillermo del Toro Won

for critics' choice awards:

Best Picture The Shape of Water Won [23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
Best Director Guillermo del Toro Won
Best Art Direction Paul D. Austerberry, Shane Vieau and Jeff Melvin Won
Best Score Alexandre Desplat Won

New York Film Critics Online December 10, 2017 Best Cinematography Dan Laustsen Won [50]
Top Ten Films The Shape of Water Won

Sweeping so many awards at the Venice too

Venice Film Festival September 9, 2017 Golden Lion The Shape of Water Won [67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
Future Film Festival Digital Award The Shape of Water Won
C. Smithers Foundation Award – CICT-UNESCO The Shape of Water Won
Soundtrack Stars Award – Best Soundtrack Alexandre Desplat Won

but no1 talks about it here n there is a gay relationship in this MOVIE too

* : hence many discussed about it: for eg this

- but the theme is much common to understand

Joke la, you all gays should know very well this is a very conservative country, worse than tw, hk or even developing country like thailand. Here still living in 70s era. No gay marriage, no gay sex and not even oral sex (but heterosexual can oral sex). It's double standard and yes you are breaking the laws, don't say I never warn you.

So I'm going to vote for the right party so that they can make changes to the super old outdated laws and policies written back during the days where there was no internet and lky was still alive

Guest Fake Leaders

It's expected when you have a country run by a lot of closets in top places, pretending to be the perfect straight who will even marry a woman no other man will set eyes on, just because it's arranged by an overrated civil servant while her grades are good in school and thinks like Papa. 

Guest Suspicious
4 hours ago, Guest Fake Leaders said:

It's expected when you have a country run by a lot of closets in top places, pretending to be the perfect straight who will even marry a woman no other man will set eyes on, just because it's arranged by an overrated civil servant while her grades are good in school and thinks like Papa. 

So that LEEder and Lawrence Khong were gay lovers from JC lah! That’s why listen so much to him.

6 hours ago, Guest Fake Leaders said:

Actually, Hsien Yang gives me more of a gay vibe than his brother.

Also, Hsien Yang is the one with the gay son   :P

well basically, there is a LGBTQ person living in the FamiLee.. so therefore the subtle Pink shirt was worn occasionally & the FamiLee has yet to ban Pink Dot for a certain reason. 

Guest Bla bla bla
2 hours ago, CKW said:

Actually, Hsien Yang gives me more of a gay vibe than his brother.

Also, Hsien Yang is the one with the gay son   :P

VEry observant. Scully shengwu is also gay! The gay genes surely run in the family. I mean look at Dr Lee?:blink:

If that lady is not a DYKE i wonder who is.

And actually because they are hakkas, they may be inbred.

Because hakkas got the hunnic, korean and mongolian blood, who were all inbreeding experts, enthusiasts and hobbyists....

that’s why so many medical (and genetic) conditions run in the familee: albino, dyslexia, double dykes (Eleanor LEE and kaching!), quadruple gays (sw, hw, hy, hl) and the list goes on....

Guest Dicktator
2 hours ago, Zackling said:

well basically, there is a LGBTQ person living in the FamiLee.. so therefore the subtle Pink shirt was worn occasionally & the FamiLee has yet to ban Pink Dot for a certain reason. 

You think too highly of their leelationship...

Guest Eugenics
3 minutes ago, Guest Bla bla bla said:

VEry observant. Scully shengwu is also gay! The gay genes surely run in the family. I mean look at Dr Lee?:blink:

If that lady is not a DYKE i wonder who is.

And actually because they are hakkas, they may be inbred.

Because hakkas got the hunnic, korean and mongolian blood, who were all inbreeding experts, enthusiasts and hobbyists....

that’s why so many medical (and genetic) conditions run in the familee: albino, dyslexia, double dykes (Eleanor LEE and kaching!), quadruple gays (sw, hw, hy, hl) and the list goes on....

And because hakkas used to live in tulous, segregated according to complex andd extended family clan relationships, chances of their inbreeding is dangerously high....

Just like all the European royal families who are all direct descendents of Queen Victoria Secrets pantease, they used to only be allowed to marry other European prince or princesses (all blended cousins), that’s why the British royal family members are kind of not very bright academically and many look weird like charles, andrew, anne, edward, eugenie, beatrice, william, even harry....

Riite?

26 minutes ago, Guest Bla bla bla said:

I forgot to add: Shengwu also gives me a very strong gay vibe, from the way he talks  :D

Yeah; Lee Weiling has a very strange look  :P  Her younger photos look okay though.

Maybe she is cursed because her father drove Minyang to commit suicide . . . 

Edited by CKW

51 minutes ago, Guest Eugenics said:

Just like all the European royal families who are all direct descendents of Queen Victoria Secrets pantease, they used to only be allowed to marry other European prince or princesses (all blended cousins), that’s why the British royal family members are kind of not very bright academically and many look weird like charles, andrew, anne, edward, eugenie, beatrice, william, even harry....

"Queen Victoria Secrets pantease"

LOLOL

At least Prince William was quite hot and cute when he was younger and had more hair  :P

Probably cos his mum was a normal (i.e. non-inbred) human, and a very beautiful lady at that, so he got her genes:

d62bc034fa015f603d506d84f31cdbf4.jpg

As for Prince Charles, whether young or old, to me, he always has that very weird-looking, monkey-rat face  :D :

PROD-Diana-Princess-of-Wales-and-Prince-

prince-charles-9244936-1-402.jpg

Edited by CKW

Something is adversely wrong with the classification..R-21  when an 18-year old can hold a rifle and do military duty.. If he can handle a firearm and military intelligence, wouldn't he be knowledgeable enough to decide (not choose) which side of the fence he prefers... you don't just become GAY and come out to your family after watching a movie..

This is my shout to the closed-minded people at the board:

If this immediate conversion is possible, we could end up with more heterosexuals THAN homosexuals as our screens are filled with man-woman sex scenes... come on lah, our young people are NOT so naive in this age and time.  Please move with the time.... this is already 18 years since 2000 and yes, the dragon babies will be enlisted into the army this year!

IMO, kids these days are really smart and they know everything about the internet, it won't take them too long to dig out the exact same show rated R21 right at home. Restricting them from watching in the theatres does help, but not by a large margin. 

21 minutes ago, abang said:

Something is adversely wrong with the classification..R-21  when an 18-year old can hold a rifle and do military duty.. If he can handle a firearm and military intelligence, wouldn't he be knowledgeable enough to decide (not choose) which side of the fence he prefers... you don't just become GAY and come out to your family after watching a movie..

This is my shout to the closed-minded people at the board:

If this immediate conversion is possible, we could end up with more heterosexuals THAN homosexuals as our screens are filled with man-woman sex scenes... come on lah, our young people are NOT so naive in this age and time.  Please move with the time.... this is already 18 years since 2000 and yes, the dragon babies will be enlisted into the army this year!

Why not you say 18yo can hold rifle but have no rights to vote? 

On a side note, if you are old enough to remember Josh Duhamel being the hot young hunk in Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!, and now, he and Jennifer Garner are playing the boy's parents  :P

18156__jd_l.jpg?w=180&w=800&q=70

Josh Duhamel, 2004

220px-Josh_Duhamel_SXSW_2017_(cropped).j

Josh Duhamel, 2017  

Guest Stewpig
3 minutes ago, cupholder said:

IMO, kids these days are really smart and they know everything about the internet, it won't take them too long to dig out the exact same show rated R21 right at home. Restricting them from watching in the theatres does help, but not by a large margin. 

It only created more interest in the forbidden fruit.... it must taste really sweet to want to hide it until lidat riite....

so brain dead solution to keep population straight aka dumb. 

Censor the internet next lah.

Thanks to a forummer here, I listened to the audio book before watching the movie.

Chalamat was fantastic as Elio and Armie, I could be on my knees from the time he stepped out of the taxi... The movie adaptation by Ivory deserved the Oscar...

Guest Talk the walk
9 hours ago, CKW said:

I forgot to add: Shengwu also gives me a very strong gay vibe, from the way he talks  :D

Yeah; Lee Weiling has a very strange look  :P  Her younger photos look okay though.

Actually even the way he walks too. He’s quite the petite, spicy peranakan, just like his mother. ^_^

9 hours ago, abang said:

Thanks to a forummer here, I listened to the audio book before watching the movie.

Chalamat was fantastic as Elio and Armie, I could be on my knees from the time he stepped out of the taxi... The movie adaptation by Ivory deserved the Oscar...

Somemore the audiobook was read by Armie Hammer!!!  :clap:

Guest Scott
18 hours ago, abang said:

Oh this is the movie that Jen and Josh met..

They look much more compatible than Ben and Jen..

By the way, I watched Call me in Thailand...

Abg i download the movie and watch it on my phone. No hasslement

Guest Guest

Minds of the young cannot be polluted by hollywood! How will parents explain the situation to their children??? Please think of the children!

Guest Goreseep LEEder
On 4/8/2018 at 12:42 AM, CKW said:

I heard it was the mother. But all rumours riite?

Dr Lee looked like plastic surgery gone very wrong or kana some stroke lidat...

55 minutes ago, Guest Goreseep LEEder said:

I heard it was the mother. But all rumours riite?

Could be also. 

I guessed it was the father because he was very particular about genetics and propagating "smart genes". Remember this statement he made:

quote-you-marry-a-non-graduate-then-you-

So it must have been a very big slap in the face for him when his first grandson turned out to be an albino. 

But anyway the suicide thing is definite. I personally know a lady who was working as a nurse in the ward on the night of the incident. 

Mingyang had injected herself with potassium, it was discovered when they found her body (or maybe later during the autopsy). As a doctor, she would know that doing that would induce an immediate fatal cardiac arrest. 

That is why the official cause of death is listed as "heart attack" (cardiac arrest). The only thing they cannot say is what caused the heart attack in such a healthy young lady.

Rest in peace, Dr Wong.

123.JPG

Edited by CKW

Guest Gossip Girl
2 hours ago, CKW said:

Could be also. 

I guessed it was the father because he was very particular about genetics and propagating "smart genes". Remember this statement he made:

quote-you-marry-a-non-graduate-then-you-

So it must have been a very big slap in the face for him when his first grandson turned out to be an albino. 

But anyway the suicide thing is definite. I personally know a lady who was working as a nurse in the ward on the night of the incident. 

Mingyang had injected herself with potassium, it was discovered when they found her body (or maybe later during the autopsy). As a doctor, she would know that doing that would induce an immediate fatal cardiac arrest. 

That is why the official cause of death is listed as "heart attack" (cardiac arrest). The only thing they cannot say is what caused the heart attack in such a healthy young lady.

Rest in peace, Dr Wong.

123.JPG

I was thinking, heart attack at such a young age? So finally some truth has surfaced. Poor Mingyang. She looks like a kind hearted malaysian lady. Xiuqi and Yipeng are poor babies. :-(

I remember Xiuqi was taken off from nanyang primary school for a short break after the passing of her mum. What a poor primary three year old girl she was at that time. Sigh.

No wonder Lee Hsien loong is unstable and received cancer at a relatively young age too. Or was that due to the errant inbreeding genes passed down from their hakka ancestors?

Guest Gossip Girl

LKY is known to have a mean streak. Not hard to believe he did that too. It must have been traumatic for Yipeng and Xiuqi, especially Yipeng as he later got to hear rumours of her mum’s reasons for passing.

1 hour ago, Guest Gossip Girl said:

I was thinking, heart attack at such a young age? So finally some truth has surfaced. Poor Mingyang. She looks like a kind hearted malaysian lady. Xiuqi and Yipeng are poor babies. :-(

I believe at that time, the nurses who were on shift when Mingyang died were sworn to secrecy regarding the real cause of her death. Also at that time, LKY ruled S'pore with an iron fist, so those poor nurses probably didn't dare to breathe a word about what they saw, lest they get sacked and thrown into prison.

But I guess after so many years, some people felt that the truth needed to be told.

Furthermore, the auntie who told me this is the happy-go-lucky type, so maybe she didn't give a heck about letting people know. Also, by the time she told me, it was during the mid-2000s when LKY was no longer in power.   

1 hour ago, Guest Gossip Girl said:

Poor Mingyang. She looks like a kind hearted malaysian lady. Xiuqi and Yipeng are poor babies. :-(

Yeah man. As a guy who like guys, I seldom feel moved by a woman's appearance, but Mingyang is truly a very beautiful lady, and I believe, kind-hearted and gentle.

If I was a straight guy, I'd want someone like her to be my wife and the mother of my children.

123.JPG

Unlike the one who came after her:

ho-ching-1.jpg

@CKW

are u goin to turn every stone to track back the history, u r better than a historian!

it is about the movie , is that worth our time to petition

• if not close it, before it turn into sunning a family linen of a politics family

U seemed so excitd about this topic! Let bygone be bygone, unless ur work is like a historian Dr Thum and he didn't even wanna to dig that out till he is being called forth

Guest Pink Panties
51 minutes ago, CKW said:

Yeah man. As a guy who like guys, I seldom feel moved by a woman's appearance, but Mingyang is truly a very beautiful lady, and I believe, kind-hearted and gentle.

If I was a straight guy, I'd want someone like her to be my wife and the mother of my children.

123.JPG

Unlike the one who came after her:

ho-ching-1.jpg

That’s why pinkie chose her first. Not the second woman. Cos pinkie is pink both inside and out. His 内在美 is also pink color!

Guest Pink Panties
1 minute ago, Guest Pink Panties said:

That’s why pinkie chose her first. Not the second woman. Cos pinkie is pink both inside and out. His 内在美 is also pink color!

His 内在美 is 粉美:lol::whistle::twisted:

Guest Eleanor Lee

I think the passing of mingyang fucked him up big time. He became gay and married a woman who look like a man in drag.

Guest Eleanor Lee
Just now, Guest Eleanor Lee said:

I think the passing of mingyang fucked him up big time. He became gay and married a woman who look like a man in drag.

Followed by giving her too much power and they both ruled singapore autocratically like two kings indulging on power trips.

Guest Guest

No wonder the silent majority do not take these anti pap, everything pap fault people seriously...from a topic about a movie can turn to LHL's late wife..

3 hours ago, CKW said:

123.JPG

True. And I have felt the same way with some other women too. They were all beautiful in a way that arouses admiration, respect and a weird sense of straight (heteroromantic, asexual) feelings in me haha.

As for the movie, I don't think Love, Simon was ever scheduled to be released here in Malaysia! No such movie is listed in any local theatre here, and not even on cinema.com.my too. Not a surprise though: I imagine it didn't make through the Malaysian Censorship Board, which is of course sad. Plus I loved its trailer so much! Sadly I'd rather have this movie not hit the local silver screens, than have conservatives rallying, claiming that this movie "will convert teenagers into gays" and what not. Sigh.

Edited by Libra_Capricorn

On 4/6/2018 at 8:24 PM, auri said:

WTF is wrong with this country!!!

I suspect that it's a homophobic country...

It's just my honest suspension. 

Wait, I don't have to apologise right? :P 

Edited by sum1outhere_03

Will you be my valentine's? :D

I thk if have time to petition on such petty trivial matters, pls go and watch meaningful shows like:

some of u even suggested to help handicapped and biopolar etc needy pp

How much do u really know abt them?

there r plenty of gd movies, stop harping on a r21 in this IT era

• Guest locked this topic