Male HQ

Daily conversation and sustaining relationship with ur bf

Guest Seekingadvice

Guest Seekingadvice

Do you chat/WhatsApp/call your bf on a daily basis?

Somedays it seems very unnatural for me as I have really nothing much to say. But he is already unhappy that I am getting a bit distant.

Also any advice on keeping it going after the initial stage?

Thanks 

Guest Answer
31 minutes ago, Guest Seekingadvice said:

Somedays it seems very unnatural for me as I have really nothing much to say. But he is already unhappy that I am getting a bit distant.

Thanks 

I don't know what to say.

I don't really like clingy guys, so to me the complaining would be a warning sign already. Every couple got their own style of relationship but what's important is that nothing feels forced. If you feel forced to talk or text your partner every day then something is wrong.

Me and my own partner, we don't text or talk everyday. He got his own things to busy himself with and so do I. Meet up then talk as much as we want. Feels very natural to us.

Guest Why talk so much

Unhappy because of that? So trivial. The relationship won’t last. 

Just talk about daily interesting stuff you encounter in the day lo. 

Bf and I seldom talk but still happy together. 

In my past relationship, we talked daily or at least once every 2-3 days. But I think it's also good to have some me-time and distance makes you grow fonder so I'd think the below is about right for me:

- Almost daily in the beginning when you're still all butterflies in stomach

- Once or twice per week once the relationship matures

But as another poster pointed out: different relationship, different style.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest mustcommunicate

Isn't communication a way to build and keep relationship going? Don't gay couple chit chat with each other oftenly?

ur bf is just worried u no longer love him

just send a love u message to him occasionally, let him know he is in ur mind.

6 hours ago, Guest Seekingadvice said:

Thanks 

Wechat?  U sissy?  

Guest Guest

Me and bf together for 14 years. Staying together for 13 years. We talk daily about all subjects. If have nothing to talk we just surf net on the phone lor, or watch TV or read book. 

After leaving home to go to work. We always msg each other on phone. Multiple greetings and sweet messages throughout the day. Then end of the day we msg each other and plan where to meet for dinner. Dinner time is also chit chat time :) we update about what happening in office etc. 

Before bed if sex happens then no need too much talking lor. If not a sex night we usually hold hands and talk for a while before God night kiss. 

Talking is natural to us. No need search for a specific topic. We just speaks our mind. The only thing we don't like to talk is politic cause we have very different views about politic in sg in general. 

On 4/18/2018 at 5:00 PM, Guest Seekingadvice said:

Thanks 

Always learn to plan ahead with your bf, so that during the days until your next meeting, no one is compell to keep talking no end unless with some very urgent discussion that need immediate attention.   When I was with my ex,  before we headed home we will check on the next date of our meet and the agenda so that in between the days, we can all freely do our own things without having to intrude knowing both were looking forward to the next meeting date.  This is so ABC, salted vege fried Roti.

I'm in a LDR with my partner for 1.5 years. We only meet at max 6 times a year, so we do talk quite a lot because we don't meet face to face that often. Morning greetings, what's happening in the office, new movies / albums, our mutual friends, plans for dinner, called each other, basically just anything.

But sometimes we are busy or have nothing to say, then the conversation just fades, and now we are okay with it. At first he got angry easily if I didnt reply to his text, but after a while we tried to find a balance and it worked out well now :) I guess you just need to find that balance. 

• Guest locked this topic