Male HQ

Admin : Avatar 90x90 & 25kb

HendryTan

a. Avatars are the pictures below the user's nick. It makes the forum more fun and also adds a visual element to your nick and personality.

b. You need to be a signed-up member in BW to upload an avatar.

Login, click on your nick, "My Profile", click on "Edit my Profile", "Change Avatar".

You can choose an avatar from the library provided or upload a picture of your choice.

c. For members who want to upload your own avatar, BW Avatar has a Maximum image dimension of

90 pixels X 90 pixels and 25 kB size.

d. Suggest to use this FREE Shrink Picture web site http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

1. Select File Name

2. Image Dimension Select Custom : 90

3. Ignore

4. Quality : Best

5. Resize

Right click to save the resultant image and then upload it to BW as in paragraph (b).

In this way the image will be "small". Makes the loading of the BW site faster.

e. Your friends may not see you latest avatar until 12 hours later as your browser cache / proxy server may be using an old "cache copy" of your avatar. In such situations, ask them to flush their browser cache and look again.

f. Previously some of the reader's uploaded avatars were quite big, some as big as 90 kB.

I have resized several of these avatars it to make the forum download speed feel faster.

Cheers !

PS : I have updated the instruction to reflect the latest steps as we have upgraded the forum software.

• 4 months later...

We have newly installed a series of animated avatars that members can use.

Login to your account.

Select "My Controls" (Top centre), "Personal Profiles (Left Menu)/ Edit Avatar Settings".

Under Pre-Installed Avatar, Choose Animated and press Go !

Enjoy !

b.gifbear.gifdog.gifdolphin.gifhellokitty.gifpanda.gifrooster.gif

• Guest locked this topic