Male HQ

Best Breakfast Spots

It's only because I'm up, hungry, and dawn is approaching... where to have 'the best' breakfast har?

Be it traditional Chinese, Malay, Indian, Peranakan, US or Continental...

so any type also can...

thinking of putu mayam...

mee siam...

laksa...

piping hot nasi lemak

meepok dry

toast and half boiled eggs with thick, rich, sweet kopi or teh...

Edited by Baloo

Depends on what you mean by best breakfast.

Some people throw up at the idea of eating greasy fried noodles first thing in the morning.

I love to start my lazy Sunday mornings with porridge at Tong Shui Coffee shop in Keong Saik Rd. Or brunch al fresco at PS Cafe with someone special.

I meant gastronomical experience to perk up your day, or prepare you for the day, or jump start your day...

some say Yah Kun coffee/tea, eggs, toast and kaya would be perfect.

others say those traditional hainanese coffeeshop kopi...

yet other variations offer warm Guiness Stout with a raw egg (yolk intact please) --- ooo this one will give you a hardon the whole day if you are not careful...

plus a good measure of redbull into the cocktail... sure steam one...

best prata and curry in the morning? teh tarik? used to be the Tesavan at Jalan Kayu... but now their food is really bleah... and the tea and coffee, not so good anymore... dunno why

beach road had a few quiet coffee shops run by the older style hainanese uncles... coffee is great... little else to my liking tho... but half boiled eggs, can't go too far wrong, but can't beat ya kun's for some reason ...

best mee pok? wow... this one... anyone's guess... good ones at haugang kovan foot centre, ... where else??

I oso like some soon kuey, or kuay, png kuay, goo chai kuay, joo bi png ... - only one place... at upper serangoon road opposite the SerangoonJC... fantastic... Ah Yong's I think is the place name.

putu mayam is now 'packed' and sold by a few prata shops... quite generic... some coffee shops in toa payoh, and even in punggol... i bot some ... it's the grated coconut shavings, and gula that is the key to the tasty-ness ba...

and of course... bak kut teh... MUST have the good teh to wash down the hot soup and meat and rice... dun forget your veg... the tang-O is very necessary to the combination haha.. where? one is on serangoon road... traditionally the 'best' and many many towkay types go there for breakfast, even bring thier own tea leaves... heh... nice -- however in recent years, the prices gone up, standards gone down... sigh...

and one at Sin Min industrial estate near the Delgro workshop... under the hdb block forgot the name, and blk number leow...

I love big hearty Ang Moh breakfasts. Make it a lazy breakfast/brunch spread over 3 hours, where I can eat my food, read the papers and maybe wash everything down with some wine or a cup of good coffee. :P

a) Graze at Rochester Park - Sunday brunch only - I like their Cast Iron Pan with bacon, sausages, egg, baked beans, grilled tomato.

b) Hediard at Tudor Court - Freaking expensive but nice and classy!

c) Flute near Fort Canning - Best best Egg's Benedict I've ever had. Only available on Saturdays.

Baloo, I want to marry you..... :)

Wow a man who knows where the best traditional (read S E Asian) makan places are....very rare nowadays. And all smokeable! :hat: or at least with smoking seats.

Years back, people meaning my brothers and some of my age group friends used to drive quite a distance for breakfast, dinners or suppers but never lunch. Maybe lunchtime too hot. Where have all these people gone? Do the young ones nowadays travel a great distance just for food?l

Nowadays, my favourite breakfast place is the coffee shop a par 3 away from my home where everybody (ok some only lah) knows my name. What to do, single lonely people like me have no choice. Actually eating alone is not too bad. Imagine having bad company for makan.

But TC is right. Breakfast with someone special is the best breakfast. When that kind of breakfast happens and love is all around you, and you are lost in love, it seems everything's alright.

===================================================

Just a little game for a quiet Monday night:

Guess how many songs (titles and singers) are embedded in my post? A few of the titles are very slightly twisted but it does not change spirit of the song. I consciously included #s of songs, but maybe you guys can find more. :)

At least three winners (those who find the most songs) would be chosen to be my guests at a "all you can eat greasy barbeque steamboat buffet" near Kallang Bahru. I will send you guys back (singapore only) if you do not drive. Time and date(hopefully this friday or saturday) to be confirmed later. Post as many times as you want but you have 24 hours - starting from now.

Have fun.

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

I counted eleven... :)

I highlighted them in red and bold above...

ooops... deleted ... else everyone will just jump in... let them spot it themselves...

heh...

a few oldies in there

oh yeah... the young ones are too impatient to travel anywhere for food... they can't even tell a big mac from a whopper...

all want instant food... fast food... so i quote Chun, Master of Shinanju.... "you know why they call it 'fast food'? it send you 'faster' to the grave... hee hee hee hee......" when he was explaining to his new student Remo Williams what he should not eat...

i wonder if anyone remembers that movie even... sigh.. I am old....

Edited by Baloo

Baloo dear, see the same thread at the main forum. Nothing wrong to copy from each other. The main thing is you must have the ten songs I originally enbedded in your list.

Have fun.

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

• 3 weeks later...

so how? no one else eats breakfast?????

just bread and instant coffee from home... aiyoh... i guess so ba...

well den can share your brand of bread, spread, and brand of coffee?

i was thinking those in some matured estates, the hawker centres or markets have freshly deep fried you tiao, and ham jim bang...and all the rest of those nice balls filled with red bean paste, or yam paste, or black sesame paste etc...

all nice, as long as freshly deep fried...

and the packed nasi lemak... so sedap... no one eat one meh?? eeewww...

I prefer english breakfast that cums with hot piping tea/coffee. Nice soft music in the air, aircon, good book, open view and watch people pass by in the morning. Best time is anytime between 8am to 1030am. :B) My best kopi tiam are those that are quiet, open air, selling good variety of non-oily fingerfood, serve good kopi and clean environment without too much birds waiting around for you to leave behind ramnants for them to peck. My breakfast will be spoilt if too many JIAO JIAO LAU AH PEH sitting around puffing away to kill the freshness of morning air. :swear:

My best kopi tiam are those that are quiet, open air, selling good variety of non-oily fingerfood, serve good kopi and clean environment without too much birds waiting around for you to leave behind ramnants for them to peck.

Sigh...

As oppose to those that are dirty, noisy, sell lousy food, serve bad coffee and are surrounded by 3293 pigeons?

Ah peh just say ah peh la, why must emphasize jiao jiao? You forever not jiao meh?

Sorry Baloo, can't resist. :P

"If Rice Is Expensive, Just Eat More Meat"

Guest -TNT-

Sigh...

As oppose to those that are dirty, noisy, sell lousy food, serve bad coffee and are surrounded by 3293 pigeons?

Ah peh just say ah peh la, why must emphasize jiao jiao? You forever not jiao meh?

i think his "tight" hole is getting very loose and he is aging very fast cos he recently invest a lot of money of supplements to boost up his jiao jiao body, soon he joining the ah peh club ! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

On some mornings, i'd go to the neighbourhood coffee shop/food centre...

usual for me would be 2 x half boiled eggs, toast and large tea or 2 teas...

I would then look around to see if there's anything that looks nice...

the usual would be the fried beehoon/noodles/kuayteow with taiwan sausage, cabbage, fried egg, combination.

nicer if there is nasi lemak (chinese style) but priced $2 -- dunno why - fighting with the Changi Point stall?? for the set, or alacarte...

Hokkien fish ball noodle soup would also be a very nice alternative...

or the heartlander quality wanton noodle ... soup for me in the morning please... nice and warm for the stomach to start the day.

not the 'best' but quite ok if not too picky... how badly can they screw up standard dishes like that...?

so how? no one else eats breakfast?????

Uncle Baloo, got got, i love to eat breakfast!

For my weekend mornings, me & bf like to go to these places:

1) Tanjong Rhu Market - Wanton Mee (cantonese style :thumb: )

2) Parkway/Marina Sq - Swensen's Weekend Breakfast, Yakun kopi after that.

3) Old Airport Rd market - Spaghetti, hokkien mee, fishball noodles...

Where's the Bak ku teh u were talking about huh??

Koh Samui, I need u...

Must have breakfast everyday. My breakfast spots, when not working:

Ang Moh breakfast - COLBAR

Chee Cheong Fan (HK Style) at Chong Pang

Nasi Lemak - Tanjong Pagar Train Station

Prawn Mee - Ghim Moh

Otherwise, a bowl of coco pops and fruit juice at home.

just had an interesting tea break today...

took a reheated butterfly (ham jim bang) and dunk it in thick, sweet coffee wif milk... damn it tastes so good...

where is the best ham jim bang place anyone know? I got to get some more...

wah so few into breakfast?

hi all, Yes i take breakfast every morning also.

usually is mee-hoo and Teh-c

Sometime bread with kaya+butter and Teh-c

Yes i agree that if you can have breakfast with your love one will be wonderful

Might be able to have tim-sum as breakfast on weekend.

If you like prata, can try the "Casuarina Curry Restaurant & Catering (Thomson)".

but i must remind all that go during the peak hour, do not go after the peak.

else you must be getting not so nice prata as it will be recook :(

Thanks...

167 69 chn 51

LINE: songatsg0

Telegram: songatsg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.