Male HQ

Will you go pinkdot if you have nothing on that day?

Guest Blank

Guest guest
Just now, Guest Guest said:

I am farsighted and have foresight. I look beyond what is happening. I prevent bad situations from happening. 

My wish is for the event to be better organized. They can approach me to be their consultant if they wish too.

You should go volunteer to organise next year pinkdot. So that those who go pinkdot will thanks you for your farsighted.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, mate69 said:

yes best. 

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Yes, no point going after they have set up barricades. 

You should not go because  we don't need people like you at pinkdot:clap::clap::clap:

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

At least packet food amd drink. What if people start to faint as no food and drink? Or maybe they do not provide food because got rent out stalls which sells expensive angmo type food.

Also parking is a problem. Got free parking coupon? They should work with the park royap hotel to provide free parking. Also can work witj Chinatown Point Mall to offer diacounts for food and drink.

What about toilets? Standing for long time is bad for bowel movements. 

This is a private social non commercial event not funded by government.

Please lower your expectations.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Live

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest guest
1 hour ago, fab said:

Live

Looks like this year pinkdot very grand and happening, it is because pinkdot is celebrating 10th anniversary?

Guest Fluffy Fox
23 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Looks like this year pinkdot very grand and happening, it is because pinkdot is celebrating 10th anniversary?

It is always been so.  What are you talking about?

Guest Guest
35 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Why is it need to be so grand? The money could be used for better use like the poor and charity instead of just a few hours!

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Why is it need to be so grand? The money could be used for better use like the poor and charity instead of just a few hours!

Why you need to go overseas? Why you need to eat out? Why you need internet? Might as well donate to poor and charity. Compare to those how much those mega churches hoard, this is really peanuts. This is a cause and the money was sponsored by more than 100 local companies for this cause. 

Guest guestsober

Do not understimate the pink society way of installing a better accommodation. All they have is the pink artiste from the media to made them feel more flamboyant inside out.That Wong, Chen and so embarassing!

Guest Exclusive inclusivity

I don't know if anyone felt this:

Everyone gathered in the name of inclusivity and "love". 

But yet you felt the strong sense of exclusivity from cliques and groups during the event itself. Outcast / judgemental glances were made. Hypocritical smiles accompanied most greetings, but soon everyone turned back to their exclusive groups. 

16 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

比起西方国家的我们真的是超底水准!浪费时间。

not only the west, even Thailand, Taiwan all organised better events than us, their will be more of a carnival which had also became a tourist attraction, but here only local can attend and there is also no parade, so is more like an open air concert with a specific theme.

Guest pink...meh
20 minutes ago, Guest Exclusive inclusivity said:

But yet you felt the strong sense of exclusivity from cliques and groups during the event itself. Outcast / judgemental glances were made. Hypocritical smiles accompanied most greetings, but soon everyone turned back to their exclusive groups. 

applause. couldn't agree more. to outsiders, what they see is that we really trying hard to tell singapore we're here to stay, like it or not, and it's ok to come out. to the gay community, it's more of a place for guys to gossip, compare who's bf is better, who is more hunky, who is cruising who, potential hook ups, people to avoid than anything else. 10th year now and what has changed really? when nothing is progressing, you need a change to draw in more crowds. id rather support to colour neil road pink and have a dance party/parade there like what the white people did for st patrick's day.

Guest Guest
53 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

not only the west, even Thailand, Taiwan all organised better events than us, their will be more of a carnival which had also became a tourist attraction, but here only local can attend and there is also no parade, so is more like an open air concert with a specific theme.

22 minutes ago, Guest pink...meh said:

applause. couldn't agree more. to outsiders, what they see is that we really trying hard to tell singapore we're here to stay, like it or not, and it's ok to come out. to the gay community, it's more of a place for guys to gossip, compare who's bf is better, who is more hunky, who is cruising who, potential hook ups, people to avoid than anything else. 10th year now and what has changed really? when nothing is progressing, you need a change to draw in more crowds. id rather support to colour neil road pink and have a dance party/parade there like what the white people did for st patrick's day.

Totally true. 

9 hours ago, Guest guestsober said:

Do not understimate the pink society way of installing a better accommodation. All they have is the pink artiste from the media to made them feel more flamboyant inside out.That Wong, Chen and so embarassing!

Do you mean all the performers yesterday were flamboyant? I left before the performances started. 

Didn’t went to pink dot 10 for this year. Previously years went back to back but this year feels like not worth it. The space is small, feel cramped can’t move and some more so hot outdoor.  Feel like what’s the use of going where nothing has change in the LGBTQ in singapore and discrimination still going on....

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Guest pink...meh said:

I m not 100% sure but from what I see perhaps is true, I was at Clarke quay and Chinatown mrt, all I see is very young guys probably just above 18 or early 20s, wearing pink and just like attending another group outings.....perhaps those who have attended the event can enlighten us on what is the % of participants above 50 years old? I suppose the event is a good one as it aim to gather all the gays together and u don't need to be afraid, perhaps is the only night u can hold hand with your bf or plant a kiss on his cheek without getting much attention.... perhaps to find out the guy that u had a crash on is also there.... if anything is to progress from here, it would at least be another 20 to 30 years, so yap these guys in their 20s would have a chance to witness the changes if there is one :whistle:

Guest guest
56 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

I m not 100% sure but from what I see perhaps is true, I was at Clarke quay and Chinatown mrt, all I see is very young guys probably just above 18 or early 20s, wearing pink and just like attending another group outings.....perhaps those who have attended the event can enlighten us on what is the % of participants above 50 years old? I suppose the event is a good one as it aim to gather all the gays together and u don't need to be afraid, perhaps is the only night u can hold hand with your bf or plant a kiss on his cheek without getting much attention.... perhaps to find out the guy that u had a crash on is also there.... if anything is to progress from here, it would at least be another 20 to 30 years, so yap these guys in their 20s would have a chance to witness the changes if there is one :whistle:

Most of the people go pinkdot were youngsters and cuties. Something like going there to show off that they are young, cute with nice bod.

Guest guest
2 hours ago, Guest Fyi said:

Didn’t went to pink dot 10 for this year. Previously years went back to back but this year feels like not worth it. The space is small, feel cramped can’t move and some more so hot outdoor.  Feel like what’s the use of going where nothing has change in the LGBTQ in singapore and discrimination still going on....

Eversince they only allowed sporean and PR, i don't feel like going to pinkdot.

Those of you who have gone to pink dot especially in the recent years know that for gay guys, it's just another event on their social calendar to show off their bod in tight fitting clothes and check out other guys. Possibly do some catch up/gossip and hope for a good hook up later on at Peaches/Taboo.

I mean, I doubt most of these basic gay guys even care abt the 10 declarations/hopes that the ambassadors were talking abt before the light up to make the LGBT community more visible and included in SG society. After all, even though every year we talk abt inclusivity, freedom to love and unity, the gay community remains so fragmented and discrimination among ourselves is still so prevalent.

Just take a look at gay cliques! Everyone in a clique looks almost the same. You've your muscular fit guys grouping tgt as one clique, you've your chubs in another, you've your twinks in another. It's like ppl in cliques select who they wanna be in the clique with based on who they wanna fuck. It's so sad because perhaps a lean fit guy actually has more in common in terms of interests and personality with a chub than the other basic lean fit guys he hangs out with but because of the way the community is, cliques get tgt based on bodies/looks and not exactly because of interests/personality/aspirations.

I don't know abt lesbians/bis/trans so I can't speak for these communities. But even after 10 years of Pink Dot, the gay community still has a long long way to go in terms of acceptance among ourselves.

3 minutes ago, Run said:

Those of you who have gone to pink dot especially in the recent years know that for gay guys, it's just another event on their social calendar to show off their bod in tight fitting clothes and check out other guys. Possibly do some catch up/gossip and hope for a good hook up later on at Peaches/Taboo.

I mean, I doubt most of these basic gay guys even care abt the 10 declarations/hopes that the ambassadors were talking abt before the light up to make the LGBT community more visible and included in SG society. After all, even though every year we talk abt inclusivity, freedom to love and unity, the gay community remains so fragmented and discrimination among ourselves is still so prevalent.

Just take a look at gay cliques! Everyone in a clique looks almost the same. You've your muscular fit guys grouping tgt as one clique, you've your chubs in another, you've your twinks in another. It's like ppl in cliques select who they wanna be in the clique with based on who they wanna fuck. It's so sad because perhaps a lean fit guy actually has more in common in terms of interests and personality with a chub than the other basic lean fit guys he hangs out with but because of the way the community is, cliques get tgt based on bodies/looks and not exactly because of interests/personality/aspirations.

I don't know abt lesbians/bis/trans so I can't speak for these communities. But even after 10 years of Pink Dot, the gay community still has a long long way to go in terms of acceptance among ourselves.

i second this. ^ never go since their 4th one

Live life to the fullest as if each day was the last.

Nobody is born a warrior in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.

Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thelonelygeek/

Guest Guest
35 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Eversince they only allowed sporean and PR, i don't feel like going to pinkdot.

But PRs also got ang moh and foreigners right?

U looking for them (AMs and Fs)? They make better lovers?

@lonelyglobe you are right, attendees were mostly  millennials. This was considered a celebration, party like.

To guests, I just hope people who think that this for airheads, very basic event, please note that this is a day of celebration .

We can not compare Singapore with Thailand or the other ASEAN or North Asian countries. We should not dismiss this organized event.

Pink Dot is not claiming that it answers all our problems this is juts one of the many activities to show solidarity among LGBTQI. 

In my opinion, it is not dismissing the effort of people, it is not forcing you to go every year, it is actually asking you to move, challenge the status quo and start the change within the basic family unit, within your family. Any change you do within the family unit, the love and filial piety that you give to your parents - that's a step, being excellent in your studies - that's a big step,  leading at work, working - that is a step. By doing this, by collectively doing this, aside from the other unknown volunteers and crusaders within the LGBTQI community, there will be a future every young LGBTQI person wants, same rights as the straights.

Edited by riverrobles

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

41 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Anyone spotted LKY's grandson and his partner? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

Didn't realise HW is so muscular ... so different from the portrait posed for "Out in Singapore" .... maybe he wore a jacket for the pose then ... can't tell .... ^_^

3 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Even another 20 to 30 years of Pinkdot may not see any progress.  It is just a feel good outdoor party, that's all.  Unless the next PM or the next party is supportive  of the LGBT cause, the government of the day is contended with the status quo and doesn't want to rock the boat.  Repealing 377A may cause them a vote swing.     

Don't read and response to guests' post

I for one been to Pink dot a few years.  I am in my 50s and I went yesterdays also, it was hot about 5 pm when I got there, then went to chinatown point for dinner and back later when it wasn't as hot.  It took some courage to put on my pinkish T shirt and catch the MRT there by myself, but I don't give a FK!  anymore, people are too buy looking at their mobile phone to actually notice my pinkish T anyhow.  Its me that the governmental law discriminate, not anybody else... Don't know anyone there, but I manage to drag a friend along, went to his place, made him put on whatever pinkish T shirt he got and literally drag him along. We stood out near the fence waited till the light up and left.  They can do better entertainment I think, to entertain the crowd till light up.  To me its not about to be seen, to pick people up, to show off my hot bod (I worn a daggy pink T shirt) or any of the reasons that some mentioned here.  To me it's my way of contributing in my own small way, to hopefully repeal this damned 377A.   If all LGBTQIs Singaporeans are to keep quiet and not do anything at all, resigned to the fact that we will always be discriminated and why bother, than you've already lost,  it will never change and we will always be invisible and discriminated and marginalised.  Gay liberty in all those liberal western countries are not handed out to them on silver platter, they had to fight for it!  Sure, Pink Dot might not be effective in persuading the power to be to not discriminate against us.  But its the only thing we have, if every LGBTQIs Singaporean attend, it will show these people that we exist and we exist in a larger numbers than they can ever imagine! and we count and maybe, maybe they will eventually change their mind.  But if we are all to not bother and remain invisible in their eyes, than things will definitely never be for the better and each and every one of us will have to live for the rest of our lives treated as second class, branded as perverts, a shameful existence and  not to be counted. In my view every LGBTIQ Singaporean owe it to themselves to attend. its the only hope we got! UNLESS you can come up with something better?

Edited by Fit4Masc

19 hours ago, Run said:

that's the cruelty of reality :frustrated:

Well it true no fren  no company stand n tell the world l  am gay n take group photo of blowing candle.Not in this country just a waste of time and what many have written l agreed with them make no sense at all. The sg citizen who watching probally laugh like a crow. 

Guest 小木舟
3 hours ago, Run said:

You've your muscular fit guys grouping tgt as one clique, you've your chubs in another, you've your twinks in another. It's like ppl in cliques select who they wanna be in the clique with based on who they wanna fuck. It's so sad 

You can choose to be sad or happy, which depends how open or narrow is in your heart and mind.  I do not wish to judge what you saw, and I find nothing wrong with the people there (in boldface above).  I  am not good looking either, and I do not have a bod to boast nor flaunt around. Even if I did have all the bodily assets to show, I do not want people (like you) to misunderstand my presence at the pinkdot.   Similarly, you do not complaint to the sauna operator or force it to close down just because the customers could not click with you, would they?  My point is,  we tend to focus too much on ourselves when coming together for a purpose, and thus missing the forest for a tree (or a variety of them in boldface).

Remember why pinkdot existed, as a collective formation, a loud shout-out against discrimination on a much larger scale (not what you saw in bold) whereby everyone in pinkdot felt strongly about, our immatured society and the govt institutions being held ransom by self righteous religious people. The effect can be catastrophic to some gay people, family broken, precious life ruined and than snowballed from one generations to the next with no light in the tunnel.   Thus I joined pinkdot simply for a reason, not wanting to be a lone tree waiting to be burn down slowly, but come together to form a forest of voices.  

Having said that, even if someone do not click well with me like how you felt,  It doesn't matter, does it?   At least,  I am appreciative of their presence to land me my much needed voice.  On that note,  I am glad pinkdot perservered for 10 years in a row rather than none at all,  and I couldn't ask for more.

14 minutes ago, Guest 小木舟 said:

You can choose to be sad or happy, which depends how open or narrow is in your heart and mind.  I do not wish to judge what you saw, and I find nothing wrong with the people there (in boldface above).  I  am not good looking either, and I do not have a bod to boast nor flaunt around. Even if I did have all the bodily assets to show, I do not want people (like you) to misunderstand my presence at the pinkdot.   Similarly, you do not complaint to the sauna operator or force it to close down just because the customers could not click with you, would they?  My point is,  we tend to focus too much on ourselves when coming together for a purpose, and thus missing the forest for a tree (or a variety of them in boldface).

Remember why pinkdot existed, as a collective formation, a loud shout-out against discrimination on a much larger scale (not what you saw in bold) whereby everyone in pinkdot felt strongly about, our immatured society and the govt institutions being held ransom by self righteous religious people. The effect can be catastrophic to some gay people, family broken, precious life ruined and than snowballed from one generations to the next with no light in the tunnel.   Thus I joined pinkdot simply for a reason, not wanting to be a lone tree waiting to be burn down slowly, but come together to form a forest of voices.  

Having said that, even if someone do not click well with me like how you felt,  It doesn't matter, does it?   At least,  I am appreciative of their presence to land me my much needed voice.  On that note,  I am glad pinkdot perservered for 10 years in a row rather than none at all,  and I couldn't ask for more.

Like the objectiveness of the above post.

If those bodies beautiful ve what it takes, let them flaunt all they want. Pd organizer can't dictate individuals behaviour, I.e. who to mix , where to sit etc.

Simply remember the mission of the event.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

27 minutes ago, fab said:

Like the objectiveness of the above post.

If those bodies beautiful ve what it takes, let them flaunt all they want. Pd organizer can't dictate individuals behaviour, I.e. who to mix , where to sit etc.

Simply remember the mission of the event.

Yes, those insecure people need to put their personal differences and insecurities aside (be it fat, old or unattractive), join the cause and unite as one....United we have a voice, divided we are cut down easily as individuals.  They need to see beyond themselves only and see the LGBTQI community as a whole,  pushing for change for the better for all.   Such very typical Kia Su and Kia See attitude will get them nowhere but stuck in their self defeated and unhappy existance

Edited by Fit4Masc

1 minute ago, mate69 said:

Yes. Remember PD is not so much for us more mature folks but for our nieces and nephews and for some, our sons and daughters. Only through the present generation's struggles will the next benefit. 

Did I mentioned I am in my 50s.  I think otherwise.  I will be part of a good cause till my last breath.  I can't sit around around and see the injustice I bare passed on to the youngsters.  If everyone thinks like you, than we might as well throw in the towel.  When Change happens, it will happen fast, who knows you might even benefit.  Need to think beyond yourself only.

1 minute ago, Fit4Masc said:

Did I mentioned I am in my 50s.  I think otherwise.  I will be part of a good cause till my last breath.  I can't sit around around and see the injustice I bare passed on to the youngsters.  If everyone thinks like you, than we might as well throw in the towel.  When Change happens, it will happen fast, who knows you might even benefit.  Need to think beyond yourself only.

Let's hope

After reading most posts.  I seems to think a lot of Singaporeans don't realise the number game and are true defeatist.  Don't they realise the larger the number the more weight their voices carries?.   Just look at the Christians, they are out proselytizing every opportunity they have to gain numbers, because they know the more Christians, the more they can push their religious agenda to the rest (some pastor even dare go against the MOE!).  Given statically 10% of any population are LGBTQI  We should have more turnout, but we didn't.  Which is part of the reason PD had not been as effective as it hoped to be.   I only wish all LGBTQI Singaporeans will think this over... PD is fighting for their benefit too, even if they deliberately not support it.  PD had achieved  a hell of a lot over the pass ten years.  I still remember those days where the few gay nites at certain once a week only clubs and bars are regularly raided by plain cloths policemen and their patrons harassed and certain cruising spot gets police entrapment and those unfortunate enough to get caught had their photos, names and employment details publish on the news paper to destroy their lives.  We now can have public gatherings, parties and even saunas lord forbid. Don't think this will even happen if PD had not started and prominent people coming out.  Don't be so gloomy some of you guys, there are still light at the end of the tunnel and every one of us need to chip in till we get full equality!

Edited by Fit4Masc

Guest Fit guest
18 hours ago, Guest Exclusive inclusivity said:

I agree with you... I don't go n won't even bother to go. 

Most of our community here are very fake to a certain extent.. Including myself. 

Rather spend my time wisely. 

That's my own opinion. 

Besides if you look at Taiwan.. They are  even better and more outspoken in their annual gay parades. 

Guest Guest

Many are bashing pinkdit where years ago no gays bashed pink dot.

Why? Because its became a victim of its own success. Dont you realise singapireans have this habit of thinking we are living in the worst situation in the world? Education is bad, other countries is better. Hdb is bad, other countries better, MRT, healthcare, entertainment, shopping are bad and other countries better...

Being  a gay in sg is bad, being gay in thailand, taiwan etc better..(who had heard of hate crimes against gays in sg?)...now because pinkdot has the critical mass, Pinkdot is bad, those on thailand, taiwan better...

I was mocking our gay culture when I said why no makan, parking, etc and was attacked...you see, I am right....pinkdot should educate gays on sg as gays in sg are pampered pussies.

9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Many are bashing pinkdit where years ago no gays bashed pink dot.

Why? Because its became a victim of its own success. Dont you realise singapireans have this habit of thinking we are living in the worst situation in the world? Education is bad, other countries is better. Hdb is bad, other countries better, MRT, healthcare, entertainment, shopping are bad and other countries better...

Being  a gay in sg is bad, being gay in thailand, taiwan etc better..(who had heard of hate crimes against gays in sg?)...now because pinkdot has the critical mass, Pinkdot is bad, those on thailand, taiwan better...

I was mocking our gay culture when I said why no makan, parking, etc and was attacked...you see, I am right....pinkdot should educate gays on sg as gays in sg are pampered pussies.

Gays are just part of the general population. Don't think you can pin it down to just gays, there are nasty heterosexuals too. What you had described are just typical pampered Singaporeans attitude. i.e. whinge n complain but don't get off their arses to do things that they are unhappy about e.g. no happy about a political party but still voted for them!.... But PD is more than just a few gays that you can't get along with.  Its about the cause for all of the LGBTQI in Singapore, to get the LGBTQIs  (be they godly or nasties) to be treated as equals just like the heterosexuals

Edited by Fit4Masc

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Fit4Masc said:

Gays are just part of the general population. i.e. whinge n complain but don't get off their arses to do things to they are unhappy aboiut.  Don't think you can pin it down to just gays, there are nasty heterosexuals too. What you had described are just typical pampered Singaporeans attitude.  But PD is more than just a few gays that you can't get along with.  Its about the cause for all of the LGBTQI in Singapore, to get the LGBTQIs  (be they godly or nasties) to be treated as equals just like the heterosexuals

Problem is are gays treated differently in private sectors? 

21 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Problem is are gays treated differently in private sectors? 

They are treated differently under the law...you can skirt around the main concern by saying we have saunas, we are not harassed, we are not this and that.  But you forget, we were harassed by the authorities not too long ago (read my previous post), gays are still being discriminated in NS! (can't stay in camp and restricted to certain vocation etc etc)...Its better now because of concerted efforts of people who get off their arses and do something about it e.g PD...   It all can disappear over night by a simple change of minister or PM, as what we have is only assurance by one man and he is not going to be in that position forever.  Better to have that discriminatory law removed once and for all, so that they can't whip it out at will, as and when it suits them.  Read up on Stockholm syndrome...thats what a lot of gays seems to have in Singapore.

Edited by Fit4Masc

31 minutes ago, Guest Fit guest said:

I agree with you... I don't go n won't even bother to go. 

Most of our community here are very fake to a certain extent.. Including myself. 

Rather spend my time wisely. 

That's my own opinion. 

Besides if you look at Taiwan.. They are  even better and more outspoken in their annual gay parades. 

Better and outspoken because Taiwan annual gay parade is looming the streets freely while Sg Pinkdot is trapped behind barricade and can only grow as big as HL park can accommodate.  The dot can never grow bigger or spilling onto the streets, stopping traffic and making a statement.      

Don't read and response to guests' post

• G_M changed the title to Will you go pinkdot if you have nothing on that day?
  • G_M featured and locked this topic