Male HQ

Thai cave rescue saga

Guest pratheepong

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Hurrah!  Total success in Thailand!

This is one of the best news from this evil world in a long time.
All the boys and coach trapped in the cave have been rescued, apparently in good health. This should be an example for the whole world. From their first images calm, smiling, giving thanks, the boys immediately gained our hearts.

I think the strongest example is evidence of the superiority of the original Asian philosophies and life styles. The coach, a former Buddhist monk, kept the young boys calm with meditation, positive thoughts during the many days they were held in complete darkness without notice of any rescue.

How would such an event have played out in my country the US?  To begin, the American boys are too fat and lazy to attempt such a trip into a cave. They may have coped with the lack of food better than the Thais given their reserves of fat, but their emotions would have been totally against them, it would not have taken long before they all panicked and passed out from the stress. Unprepared for any hardship, they would have suffered irreparable mental traumas lasting their whole lives.  And would they have been able to cope with the treacherous rescue?  Maybe only with Musk's idea of bringing them out in mini submarines!

Boys from bangkok amd chang rai are different.

10 hours ago, Guest Nothing said:

Mind your words.  The rescue would not have been successful without the international team from UK, America, Australia...  and it was the UK peserverence divers who spotted the boys first.  Please do not single out American as being fat and lazy.  Most city dwellers have similar traits, which include Singapore boys from the maid generation, and also our fat minitoots sitting in ivory towers. 

Let's separate the rescuers from the rescued.  Would this have happened in the US, the expert rescuers would have been equally available and involved.

The difference is in the rescued.  Even if unfortunately young children are becoming fatter and more sedentary everywhere, these Wild Boars were NOT. And this is so astounding and admirable:  twelve young teens had the force of spirit and physical endurance to overcome a situation that would have been unbearable to many adults, probably me included. And they did it thanks to their healthy environment, excellent guidance and spiritual strength..  Imagine if a Catholic priest had been their guide, he would have broken down into prayers to God for mercy, miracles, forgiveness of their sins.  Would this have freaked out the kids?  I don't know, but I put my bet on the power of transcendental meditation and positive thinking.

10 hours ago, fab said:

The coach n the boys r victims of a natural disaster. No one is really to be blamed.

The only regret is the diver who died during the rescue. 

We all regret the loss of life.  Diving in caves is dangerous.  And there probably was more concentrated cave diving here than anywhere else before.  His death was within statistics.

I think that our feelings are of an amazing nature:  in this world where many thousands die every day and thirteen young lives plus the life of a diver should be insignificant, we still can focus on every single life as being immensely valuable.  We... we should also focus like that on our own lives and try to make the best out of them.

Edited by Steve5380

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Let's separate the rescuers from the rescued.  Would this have happened in the US, the expert rescuers would have been equally available and involved.

The difference is in the rescued.  Even if unfortunately young children are becoming fatter and more sedentary everywhere, these Wild Boars were NOT. And this is so astounding and admirable:  twelve young teens had the force of spirit and physical endurance to overcome a situation that would have been unbearable to many adults, probably me included. And they did it thanks to their healthy environment, excellent guidance and spiritual strength..  Imagine if a Catholic priest had been their guide, he would have broken down into prayers to God for mercy, miracles, forgiveness of their sins.  Would this have freaked out the kids?  I don't know, but I put my bet on the power of transcendental meditation and positive thinking.

Remember the coach was once a monk trained in meditation.  All were captured on camera, some with a smile but none were crying.  Probably they learnt the Dharma well.

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest Kampong lusty Auntie
4 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

We all regret the loss of life.  Diving in caves is dangerous.  And there probably was more concentrated cave diving here than anywhere else before.  His death was within statistics.

I think that our feelings are of an amazing nature:  in this world where many thousands die every day and thirteen young lives plus the life of a diver should be insignificant, we still can focus on every single life as being immensely valuable.  We... we should also focus like that on our own lives and try to make the best out of them.

Kampong boys and city boys are two different animals regardless which countries they belonged.  If you put a thai city boys in there, they probably will collapse under those situation.

Very happy all the thirteen were rescued. Their friends and families were worried dead.

The dead diver, Saman Kunam, wanted to help bring them back home safely. His wish has been fulfilled. His family must be taken care of.

All the people involved in this massive and difficult operation, from the divers, Navy, doctors to the volunteers, common civilians helping out in whatever way they can, farmers sacrificing their farmlands, are heroes.

PS: The 25yo coach is cute.

Guest 足球妹
1 hour ago, Guest 骚辣鸡 said:

在洞里瘦下来了还更帅,是个无敌天菜!:wub:

瘦如杆柴不好看,我还是喜欢他以前那肥美少男样。

1 hour ago, Guest 骚辣鸡 said:

老公老公老公。。。:wub:

photo1531273772512-153127377251212031661

ekapold.jpg?fit=1024,550&ssl=1

Wow his cheek bone is so obvious now.

The cave can become a slimming center.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Worried
13 minutes ago, fab said:

Wow his cheek bone is so obvious now.

9 days never eat and also the last to be rescued.  If his cheek bone didn't show, I will be worried.

26 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

adK4wKN_460swp.webp

17 minutes ago, Guest Worried said:

9 days never eat and also the last to be rescued.  If his cheek bone didn't show, I will be worried.

U seem to like to worry alot.

:P

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest 啃得鸡
5 hours ago, Guest 骚辣鸡 said:

在洞里瘦下来了还更帅,是个无敌天菜!:wub:

等他恢复了体力,再入你的“屁股”洞探险。

Today I read some more about the rescued boys: 

"Adul Sam-on, 14, has never been a stranger to peril.  At age 6, Adul had escaped a territory in Myanmar known for guerrilla warfare, opium cultivation and methamphetamine trafficking. His parents slipped him into Thailand in the hope that proper schooling would provide him with a better life than that of his illiterate, impoverished family

For 30 days, Adul and his fellow Wild Boars soccer squad survived deep in the cave complex as their food and drinking water diminished. By the time British divers found them July 2, the Wild Boars and their coach looked skeletal.  Adul, the stateless descendant of a Wa ethnic tribal branch once known for headhunting, played a critical role in the rescue, acting as interpreter for the British divers.  Proficient in English, Thai, Burmese, Mandarin and Wa, Adul politely communicated to the British divers his squad's greatest needs: food and clarity on just how long they had stayed alive"

I cannot resist bringing out my pet criticisms of my fellow Americans.  At 14, this undocumented, "illegal" refugee speaks four languages.  American children speak only English, unless they are in Latin families and then they also speak some Spanish and are looked down at.  Here in the US  Donald Trump would have detained Adul as a criminal together with his family, all a bunch of "undesirable vermin that violates the laws of the country and come to the US to steal and do other crimes".  

I hope the Thai government takes this great opportunity brought by the cave rescue to accept and help these refugees in their Golden Triangle.

Guest Sport-coholic
7 hours ago, Guest 骚辣鸡 said:

老公老公老公。。。:wub:

photo1531273772512-153127377251212031661

ekapold.jpg?fit=1024,550&ssl=1

He is stateless. Help him to apply for citzenship then. 

Guest Irony
4 hours ago, auscent said:

I cant help but compare to Sg. Not if but when this happens, how would the community respond.

Just look at how the SCDF have thrown one of their comrade into a deep well in Tuas and he died instantly from concussion and drowning.  There is still no news nor apology from the govt about the incident other than quick to congratulate the thailand navy seal for work well done. 

Guest Zun bo
3 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

Are you sure? Thought the stateless ones are some of the kids?

Guest 婊姐。
6 hours ago, Guest 啃得鸡 said:

等他恢复了体力,再入你的“屁股”洞探险。

Hello he is an ex-monk ok!

休得无礼 :rolleyes:

Anyways you think he will not have phobia about holes meh?

Think he may kana some form of PTSD from people trying to lay blame on him for bringing the boys to the cave if not from the event itself. 

10 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

The stateless one is the 14 yo boy and is the only one in the group who can speak English. 

Guest Sport-coholic
2 hours ago, LeanMature said:

The stateless one is the 14 yo boy and is the only one in the group who can speak English. 

The 14 yo boy is just one of the stateless among the group.

There r around half a million of stateless residents in northern Thai. 

They have no id n r too poor to travel anywhere. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest flutey
On Sunday, July 08, 2018 at 8:28 PM, fab said:

Any sauce?

Bonus.

qx4gnh4l.jpg

Grace is a DISgracr lol. Lit teach some more

Guest Pasar Marlam Lelong World
46 minutes ago, axelrod said:

I wonder if the teacher who made the submarine comment feels a little vindicated from all the nasty online comments thrown at her after Elon Musk sent the mini sub there, though unused.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.slate.com/culture/2018/07/thai-cave-rescue-getting-movie-treatment-from-pureflix-video.html

https://www.metroweekly.com/2018/06/pope-francis-says-gays-cant-have-real-families/

Like the pope - who recently flipped on his position on gays again after his famous "who am I to judge" quip - and Pure Flix, a "faith based" film company - they are sly enough to not use the word "christian" - that is making the inccident into a film to praise their lord with and crediting him having answered prayers - although most prayers in thailand are praying to other gods for the mission's success - Elon Musk is a capitalistic opportunist.

They see opportunities where others are seeing humanitarian needs to ply their trade, doing publicity while "helping" others.

A three year old who had seen the cave configuration would know it would be impossible to deploy that rigid and hard-to-manoeuvre - have you seen how intricate and slow it was to both set up the pod and open it up to release the person inside - mini submarine within that complex cave system with sharp bends along narrow tunnels.

Elon Musk the billionaire, like the pope and Pure Flix, knows how to manipulate the media and make use of real world trends and inccidents for self publicity. One of the many ills of capitalism.

Guest Pasar Marlam Lelong World
4 minutes ago, Guest Pasar Marlam Lelong World said:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.slate.com/culture/2018/07/thai-cave-rescue-getting-movie-treatment-from-pureflix-video.html

https://www.metroweekly.com/2018/06/pope-francis-says-gays-cant-have-real-families/

Like the pope - who recently flipped on his position on gays again after his famous "who am I to judge" quip - and Pure Flix, a "faith based" film company - they are sly enough to not use the word "christian" - that is making the inccident into a film to praise their lord with and crediting him having answered prayers - although most prayers in thailand are praying to other gods for the mission's success - Elon Musk is a capitalistic opportunist.

They see opportunities where others are seeing humanitarian needs to ply their trade, doing publicity while "helping" others.

A three year old who had seen the cave configuration would know it would be impossible to deploy that rigid and hard-to-manoeuvre - have you seen how intricate and slow it was to both set up the pod and open it up to release the person inside - mini submarine within that complex cave system with sharp bends along narrow tunnels.

Elon Musk the billionaire, like the pope and Pure Flix, knows how to manipulate the media and make use of real world trends and inccidents for self publicity. One of the many ills of capitalism.

The bone of contention is Elon Musk in bitch mode post rescue mission success moaning about his submarine being undeployed and discrediting the mission commander's credentials showing his pettiness or like they say, true colors and agenda behind supporting the mission.

Instead of rejoicing in the mission success and moaning one life lost, he moaned about his geeky contribution not having a slice of the action and accolades. Such a clown.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/news/2018/jul/10/elon-musk-queries-expertise-of-thai-cave-rescue-officials

Guest Musky

http://digg.com/2018/elon-musk-thai-sub?amp=true

"I am a certified cave diver (both NACD and NSSCDS) and when I was living in a part of the country where a lot of cave diving takes place I was on a recovery team (fortunately I was never involved in any actual recoveries). I would be very leery about trying to use that thing in a cave with restrictions (that's the technical term for "pinch points" ). I certainly wouldn't be on the cave side of it (as opposed to the entrance side - when I was acting as a guide I wouldn't even be on the non-entrence side of fat divers if the system had restrictions). It also looks like it would be very easy for the divers to get seriously injured trying to maneuver it. Especially if, as the media has reported, there are currents in the water - and in low-to-no visibility conditions as has also been reported. It would also be exhausting and dramatically increase the divers' breathing gas use. Without knowing more about the actual circumstances in a given rescue, I can see almost no advantages in trying to use that in a real cave over what the divers are doing now. Both are very, very dangerous but the tube adds the possibility of trapping or injuring divers as well as the rescued person (and everyone else further in the cave).

I don't know from this story but I wonder if any actual cave divers were involved in the development of this thing or if this is another example of the modern tech world not knowing what it doesn't know. Cave diving is not like open water diving and this is a circumstance where the "move fast and break things" approach is one I wouldn't want anything to do with. The people to listen to in this circumstance are not people in the tech community but the actual divers in the water there. There is a reason that so much specialty cave diving equipment is made in north-central Florida and not silicon valley.

I don't question the designers' motives, just how workable a solution this in this case."

2 hours ago, Guest flutey said:

Grace is a DISgracr lol. Lit teach some more

Much as she's ignorant about the narrowness of the cave, she has kind intention.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
20 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Today I read some more about the rescued boys: 

"Adul Sam-on, 14, has never been a stranger to peril.  At age 6, Adul had escaped a territory in Myanmar known for guerrilla warfare, opium cultivation and methamphetamine trafficking. His parents slipped him into Thailand in the hope that proper schooling would provide him with a better life than that of his illiterate, impoverished family

For 30 days, Adul and his fellow Wild Boars soccer squad survived deep in the cave complex as their food and drinking water diminished. By the time British divers found them July 2, the Wild Boars and their coach looked skeletal.  Adul, the stateless descendant of a Wa ethnic tribal branch once known for headhunting, played a critical role in the rescue, acting as interpreter for the British divers.  Proficient in English, Thai, Burmese, Mandarin and Wa, Adul politely communicated to the British divers his squad's greatest needs: food and clarity on just how long they had stayed alive"

I cannot resist bringing out my pet criticisms of my fellow Americans.  At 14, this undocumented, "illegal" refugee speaks four languages.  American children speak only English, unless they are in Latin families and then they also speak some Spanish and are looked down at.  Here in the US  Donald Trump would have detained Adul as a criminal together with his family, all a bunch of "undesirable vermin that violates the laws of the country and come to the US to steal and do other crimes".  

I hope the Thai government takes this great opportunity brought by the cave rescue to accept and help these refugees in their Golden Triangle.

Criticize your own country so much over frivolous matter such as the number of spoken languages? To resolve your problem, just migrate to another country then. 

Guest flutey
2 hours ago, fab said:

Much as she's ignorant about the narrowness of the cave, she has kind intention.

Aiyo. I stopped to lol when she said to pump the water out.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Criticize your own country so much over frivolous matter such as the number of spoken languages? To resolve your problem, just migrate to another country then. 

Criticize my criticism over children in my country not learning foreign languages?  To resolve your problem, just migrate to another post.

Guest Guest
23 hours ago, Guest Irony said:

Just look at how the SCDF have thrown one of their comrade into a deep well in Tuas and he died instantly from concussion and drowning.  There is still no news nor apology from the govt about the incident other than quick to congratulate the thailand navy seal for work well done. 

These are two seperate incidents. Thai soilders die from hazing too and I do not see the thai govt apologize. To use this incident to fuel your antibsg government motive is beyond disgraceful. 

Guest Queen here

Throughout the whole episode from missing boy to the final happy closure, I am puzzled why their king kept silent throughout and not even a word of encouragement?  Was it my oversight?

17 minutes ago, Guest Queen here said:

Throughout the whole episode from missing boy to the final happy closure, I am puzzled why their king kept silent throughout and not even a word of encouragement?  Was it my oversight?

It is possible that the King may want to wait until the successful resolution of the incident is completed, and the 13 rescued are reunited with their families.

If he is smart he won't waste this opportunity to promote his country, thanking the foreign helpers and their countries, and promoting the 13 ones as a great example for all his people.

Guest Guest
48 minutes ago, Guest Queen here said:

Thats my thoughts as well. Before the wild boars were found, most people had expected the wild boars had passed away. And did not hear any words of comfort from the thai king...

Some news I found about the wild boars/thai king

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/thai-king-offers-robes-monk-predicted-team-trapped-cave-found.html/amp

18 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Thats my thoughts as well. Before the wild boars were found, most people had expected the wild boars had passed away. And did not hear any words of comfort from the thai king...

Some news I found about the wild boars/thai king

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/thai-king-offers-robes-monk-predicted-team-trapped-cave-found.html/amp

Too bad this monk Phra Khuva Boonchum is not a Catholic.  Otherwise he would be a good candidate for canonization and later sainthood for having performed a "miracle"  :lol:

Guest Superstitions
10 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Too bad this monk Phra Khuva Boonchum is not a Catholic.  Otherwise he would be a good candidate for canonization and later sainthood for having performed a "miracle"  :lol:

:lol::thumb:

7 hours ago, Guest Queen here said:

....., I am puzzled why their king kept silent throughout and not even a word of encouragement?  Was it my oversight?

A report said the king donated food to be cooked for the camp.

10 hours ago, Guest Queen here said:

If you are not a Thai, you don't understand.  Thais treat their King like a demi-god and beyond criticism.   The boys will be very honoured if ever they were given an audience with the King. 

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Read there was a film producer specializing in Christian films and myths planning to do a movie on this episode. Lol.

Guest Queen here
1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

If you are not a Thai, you don't understand.  Thais treat their King like a demi-god and beyond criticism.   The boys will be very honoured if ever they were given an audience with the King. 

The late King would have rushed to the scene to offer emotional support especially when he is still new and not quite popular.

• G_M changed the title to Thai cave rescue saga
  • G_M locked this topic