Male HQ

What’s Your % Body Fat

Voyager183

• 1 year later...

For context, now reaching peak bulk for 3rd time, already gained and cut twice, from a skinny fat 25%+ since mid 2021.

Started 2024 at 72 kg, above 20, now maybe +2 or +3%. I've been bulking since September, then at 12% as confirmed by Inbody scan (65 kg, skeletal muscle 32.6 kg). Should be ending the bulk at just below 74 kg max by end of this month, Feb.

Was afraid of bulking beyond 20% late last year, however the ratio of muscle gain:fat is still acceptable for me. Also been motivated by the strongest I've been, plus haven't achieved the desired upper:lower proportions to validate a cut.

Interestingly the last few % gain really made a diffrence to my appearance (see my status update for back shot). People began commented on my width specifically. Since I am satisfied with this bulk, just decided to start cutting before exceeding 25% for fear of a prolonged cut. Wearing fitted shirts, I can now see a slight flab already forming.

I choose not to be obsessed with maintaining percentage in the low teens as I wish to have flexibility in my dining options, including home cook food by mum and eating out with friends. Maybe have an abs specialization phase in the future. Will get another Inbody scan end of this month!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.