Male HQ

Discussion on Oversea Chinese Drama Series - Story of Yanxi Palace 延禧攻略, 如懿传 etc. (compiled)

Guest Guest

12 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

seemed like many guests have brains & full of insights - maybe only on this thread

Haha! but 兰因絮果, it is cos of the 时, the autumn leaves will fall be it u like it or not

Sadly,,
Many of my friends and colleagues sharing online NON-stop that how good Yanxi is, if u mentioned otherwise, they hated u to the core!!!

Glad that there are a rare few who turned to Ruyi and felt that Yanxi is like watching a kindergarten putting up a fantastic short & hot-blooded youngster trying to fight for future
Ruyi - Open-University LEVEL, more for matured and pp with depth!

不如把时间赏歌吧,赏秋菊搁着 

Yanxi has good art design, the use of the Morandi palette being the most outstanding. However, that is only the superficial aspect. It’s like reading a comic book. By comparison, Ruyi is a more intricate story, has more metaphors and nuanced scripting. When I first watched Yanxi, I thought it was entertaining. But then I started watching Ruyi and realised how much better it is.

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yanxi has good art design, the use of the Morandi palette being the most outstanding. However, that is only the superficial aspect. It’s like reading a comic book. By comparison, Ruyi is a more intricate story, has more metaphors and nuanced scripting. When I first watched Yanxi, I thought it was entertaining. But then I started watching Ruyi and realised how much better it is.

i am not able to Like your comment, not sure what is Morandi though

15 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

i am not able to Like your comment, not sure what is Morandi though

The Morandi palette refers to the colour scheme used in Yanxi. See the ST Life cover story in yesterday’s edition.

Whether one likes Yanxi or Ruyi more is a matter of personal preference. Yanxi May be entertaining but I just think Ruyi is more “cheem” and interesting.

Fans of Ruyi!

as u know such shows will surely be aired at diff ctries , the jp voted(incld men) all felt that the most popular concubines goes to:

(cos the jp men all felt they are demure , and women felt these shortlisted deserved the respect too)
not 張鈞甯 (alwys jie jie jie jie too sisterly for some) = they didnt vote her for top 3
even Ruyi is not voted as top2 

https://tantannews.com/people/YQdJm8lbOG

there is also a qn which fazed me: why must the emperor open their legs wide(manspread so widely) all the time when seated? it is damned wide

On 10/27/2018 at 8:15 PM, -Ignored- said:

Fans of Ruyi!

as u know such shows will surely be aired at diff ctries , the jp voted(incld men) all felt that the most popular concubines goes to:

(cos the jp men all felt they are demure , and women felt these shortlisted deserved the respect too)
not 張鈞甯 (alwys jie jie jie jie too sisterly for some) = they didnt vote her for top 3
even Ruyi is not voted as top2 

https://tantannews.com/people/YQdJm8lbOG

there is also a qn which fazed me: why must the emperor open their legs wide(manspread so widely) all the time when seated? it is damned wide

My favourite character is 如懿. But I thought 金玉妍 aka 嘉妃 was quite a pitiful character. She did all the evil things for the sake of an unrequited love.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

My favourite character is 如懿. But I thought 金玉妍 aka 嘉妃 was quite a pitiful character. She did all the evil things for the sake of an unrequited love.

That 北国玉族世子quite handsome. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Guest Cold Palace said:

Those who want to watch it would have already watched it online.

Anyway now is haolan already. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Yanxi have sequel? Story got link?

Guest Princess
9 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Yanxi have sequel? Story got link?

I read from google, the story is about wei yin luo n the king's daughter hence the princess adventures. 

Guest Chinese
4 hours ago, Since u r here said:

alll time fav: love triangle in this sequel
尔晴身世不明的儿子福康安(王一哲饰)相遇,并且与亲王弘昼的女儿

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/entertainment/story20191214-1013197?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2wdiWwJ5I6QKaCGIdQhlRf1bUJx7oZY5wzhKLCsCFbEAKwHGeRbAbyB9w#Echobox=1576288129

Alamak chinese character. Cannot read...

4 hours ago, Guest Subscribe said:

Alamak need to subscribe to read more...what a cliff hanger

Here's the full report:

5 things to know about much-anticipated sequel to Story Of Yanxi Palace

Netflix will air the spin-off of hit Chinese drama Story Of Yanxi Palace (2018) on Dec 31 this year. The spin-off, Yanxi Palace: Princess Adventures, is based on the highly successful original series, which was streamed more than 15 billion times when it aired last year.

The sequel will follow the love story of Princess Zhaohua, the daughter of Emperor Qianlong and consort Wei Yingluo - the lead character of the original series.

Here are five things to know about the upcoming series.

1. TALENTED YOUNG ACTORS IN A 'LOVE RECTANGLE'

The series will focus on the romantic entanglements of Princess Zhaohua, played by up-and-coming Chinese actress Wang Herun. The 25-year-old made her mark with roles in highly rated drama series like this year's The Longest Day In Chang'an and also campus film Yesterday Once More (2016).

Wang's Princess Zhaohua will begin a complicated romance with Fu Kang'an - the supposed son of the Qing Dynasty official Fu Heng from the previous series and his wife - the evil palace maid Erqing.

Erqing was sentenced to death by poison by Wei Yingluo in the original story due to her many misdeeds. In the spin-off, Fu Kang'an harbours a grudge towards Princess Zhaohua and Wei Yingluo over the death of his mother. Fu is played by 25-year-old Wang Yizhe, who appeared in last year's The Phoenix Prison, a period drama.

The young cast will be rounded out by Chinese actor Wang Yuwei, 24, as a Mongolian prince who falls in love with Princess Zhaohua and Chinese actress Xu Xiaonuo, 25, who plays Emperor Qianlong's niece.

2. WHO IS THE FATHER OF FU KANG'AN?

Viewers who have followed Story Of Yanxi Palace will know that Fu is not the son of Fu Heng but who is his father? In the original series, Erqing says her son was born out of a one-night folly with Emperor Qianlong and relays this information to Empress Fucha, devastating her and causing her death.

But the series never addresses whether Erqing's claims are true and one popular theory is that Fu Kang'an is actually the son of Erqing and Fu Qian - Fu Heng's brother.

The spin-off is expected to address the parentage of Fu Kang'an.

3. EMPEROR QIANLONG AND WEI YINGLUO WILL REAPPEAR

According to media reports, Emperor Qianlong, played by actor Nie Yuan, and consort Wei Yingluo, played by actress Wu Jinyan, will have cameos in the new series.

Nie and Wu will reportedly appear in the series as aged versions of their characters. But fan favourite Empress Fucha, played by Qin Lan, will not appear as the story is set after her death in the original series.

4. LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER

Chinese actress Wang Herun, 25, is set to play the protagonist Princess Zhaohua. Vogue Taiwan quoted Wang as saying that her character inherited her mother's personality, "the ruthlessness inside her".

In the original series, Wei does not hesitate to unleash her wrath at people who have wronged her or those she loves and it seems her daughter will have the same fiery streak too.

5. AN OLD NEMESIS MAY RETURN

Wang Herun also revealed in an interview that her character was abducted and tortured as a child by Yuan Chunwang, an antagonist in the previous series who was originally friends with Wei Yingluo but later becomes her nemesis.

Wang says the trauma caused to Princess Zhaohua by Yuan leaves a psychological scar on her character. It is likely that the evil character of Yuan will have screen time in the spin-off if the plot addresses his torture of Princess Zhaohua.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Guest Subscribe
5 minutes ago, sphere said:

Here's the full report:

5 things to know about much-anticipated sequel to Story Of Yanxi Palace

Netflix will air the spin-off of hit Chinese drama Story Of Yanxi Palace (2018) on Dec 31 this year. The spin-off, Yanxi Palace: Princess Adventures, is based on the highly successful original series, which was streamed more than 15 billion times when it aired last year.

The sequel will follow the love story of Princess Zhaohua, the daughter of Emperor Qianlong and consort Wei Yingluo - the lead character of the original series.

Here are five things to know about the upcoming series.

1. TALENTED YOUNG ACTORS IN A 'LOVE RECTANGLE'

The series will focus on the romantic entanglements of Princess Zhaohua, played by up-and-coming Chinese actress Wang Herun. The 25-year-old made her mark with roles in highly rated drama series like this year's The Longest Day In Chang'an and also campus film Yesterday Once More (2016).

Wang's Princess Zhaohua will begin a complicated romance with Fu Kang'an - the supposed son of the Qing Dynasty official Fu Heng from the previous series and his wife - the evil palace maid Erqing.

Erqing was sentenced to death by poison by Wei Yingluo in the original story due to her many misdeeds. In the spin-off, Fu Kang'an harbours a grudge towards Princess Zhaohua and Wei Yingluo over the death of his mother. Fu is played by 25-year-old Wang Yizhe, who appeared in last year's The Phoenix Prison, a period drama.

The young cast will be rounded out by Chinese actor Wang Yuwei, 24, as a Mongolian prince who falls in love with Princess Zhaohua and Chinese actress Xu Xiaonuo, 25, who plays Emperor Qianlong's niece.

2. WHO IS THE FATHER OF FU KANG'AN?

Viewers who have followed Story Of Yanxi Palace will know that Fu is not the son of Fu Heng but who is his father? In the original series, Erqing says her son was born out of a one-night folly with Emperor Qianlong and relays this information to Empress Fucha, devastating her and causing her death.

But the series never addresses whether Erqing's claims are true and one popular theory is that Fu Kang'an is actually the son of Erqing and Fu Qian - Fu Heng's brother.

The spin-off is expected to address the parentage of Fu Kang'an.

3. EMPEROR QIANLONG AND WEI YINGLUO WILL REAPPEAR

According to media reports, Emperor Qianlong, played by actor Nie Yuan, and consort Wei Yingluo, played by actress Wu Jinyan, will have cameos in the new series.

Nie and Wu will reportedly appear in the series as aged versions of their characters. But fan favourite Empress Fucha, played by Qin Lan, will not appear as the story is set after her death in the original series.

4. LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER

Chinese actress Wang Herun, 25, is set to play the protagonist Princess Zhaohua. Vogue Taiwan quoted Wang as saying that her character inherited her mother's personality, "the ruthlessness inside her".

In the original series, Wei does not hesitate to unleash her wrath at people who have wronged her or those she loves and it seems her daughter will have the same fiery streak too.

5. AN OLD NEMESIS MAY RETURN

Wang Herun also revealed in an interview that her character was abducted and tortured as a child by Yuan Chunwang, an antagonist in the previous series who was originally friends with Wei Yingluo but later becomes her nemesis.

Wang says the trauma caused to Princess Zhaohua by Yuan leaves a psychological scar on her character. It is likely that the evil character of Yuan will have screen time in the spin-off if the plot addresses his torture of Princess Zhaohua.

Thank you so much. The drama is it directed by the same director?

12 hours ago, Since u r here said:

alll time fav: love triangle in this sequel
尔晴身世不明的儿子福康安(王一哲饰)相遇,并且与亲王弘昼的女儿

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/entertainment/story20191214-1013197?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2wdiWwJ5I6QKaCGIdQhlRf1bUJx7oZY5wzhKLCsCFbEAKwHGeRbAbyB9w#Echobox=1576288129

The sequel seems to be interesting. 

On 12/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, Since u r here said:

Can't wait!! Though I think there are going to be more tragedies to come.

SPOILER ALERT:

According to  history, 令懿皇貴妃 (Ying Luo) dies at the age of 47 and I'm quite sure she's nearing that age in the sequel. Also sadly, her eldest daughter (the main character in the sequel) passes away at age 19. I wonder if the show will closely adhere to that. Nice to see Wu Jinyan back.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:17 PM, WheelofTime said:

SPOILER ALERT:

According to  history, 令懿皇貴妃 (Ying Luo) dies at the age of 47 and I'm quite sure she's nearing that age in the sequel. Also sadly, her eldest daughter (the main character in the sequel) passes away at age 19. I wonder if the show will closely adhere to that. Nice to see Wu Jinyan back.

Will it show in this sequel?

To me, it's more like a short spin-off. It's only 6 episodes. 

Filmed together with the 1st series, that's why some of the cast and most costume are the same.

Just watch for some similar themes and the appearance of some actors.   

• 2 weeks later...

Boring after 4 epi.

Not addictive at all.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

23 minutes ago, justanotherme said:

After 4 episodes? I was yawning away during ep 1. The cast is horrendous in terms of looks.

Did the director pick them up from the roadside hoping to recreate miracles? 

I also tot horrendous  about the 4 leads. All look calefares std . 

I don't dare say first.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

21 hours ago, lean n mean said:

Just finished all 6 episodes in 2 days. Simple plot. Two main actors not as cute as previous ones. Two main actresses acted quite well.

Where to download the drama?

Not sure it will be removed, the 6 episodes are now on youtube...

Edited on 12 Jan 2020

Posted episodes 1 to 3 here, but the links were removed by now.

Found a link you guys could still watch, do bookmark this site as you could watch quite a few "unwatchable" ones eh, haha.  ---> link

Edited by sphere

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Edited on 12 Jan 2020

Posted episodes 4 to 6 here, but the links were removed by now.

Found a link you guys could still watch, do bookmark this site as you could watch quite a few "unwatchable" ones eh, haha.  ---> link

Edited by sphere

I stop at 4. Forget to watch the rest.

Super boring.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

yes, so that it wont be a direct copying .....

anyway it is removed already due to violation :( 

Tks fab for highlighting to us, i wanted to watch abit but i told myself it will NEVER be good why start it? and viola, it was removed finally
i got a shock that many only started watching 与恶, i trust u watched it quite some time ago

Haven't watched. The cast looks interesting. 

Where to watch? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• G_M changed the title to Discussion on Oversea Chinese Drama Series - Story of Yanxi Palace 延禧攻略, 如懿传 etc. (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.