Male HQ

Companies chasing the pink dollar

HG20

So I’ve been thinking about investments quite a lot lately. There’s definitely the trend of the pink dollars making into the market in a more mainstream way and I felt there were definitely companies that would stand to benefit from that.

Came across the article of big pharma companies producing pills for PreP to prevent HIV and i thought that was a really good example of investing in companies that promote the wellbeing of us (though monetary reasons for them are most impt). So since they capitalize on our dollars, why not invest in public companies like them? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-17/a-blue-pill-is-stopping-hiv-world-first-study-shows

did some further research and found this company: teva, which produces generic drugs (cheaper than the heavily branded ones) so more people can have access to the medicine they need. 

wonder if anyone also interested in investments have looked into this company? Or other companies like gilead, the leading company for PreP

Edited by HG20

I wonder how much people will pay for such match making services though. Attended one called 7for7 before and the organizers didn’t do it as a for-profit thing.

But I guess the “business of love” is always huge and there are definitely opportunities within in for our community. Maybe there’s a unique angle we can brainstorms about.

Edited by HG20

• 3 weeks later...

Haha I bought G K Goh quite a while back as my value investment play. They’re somewhat like a investment holdings company ie holding on to different stocks/ownership in private co.

calculated the value of stock to be about $1.5 but it was trading way below that. And I like the idea that they’re focusing on premium old aged care which I think will be a strong market in Singapore.

in any case, the stock has since tumbled quite a bit but I’m still happy to hold on until it’s fundamentals truly deteriorates.