Male HQ

Happy Diwali/Deepawali

JamesAdmas

Happy Diwali to all indian friends, singaporeans and BW members. May the year ahead bring you prosperity and health. And may some of your wishes come true....

Guest deepavali

Actual Deepavali is date is 07/11/2018 not 06/11/2018

See this lead

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/diwali-2018-why-hindus-celebrate-13757361

https://registrar.richmond.edu/planning/religious-observance.html

HINDU

Diwali

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Saturday, November 14, 2020

November 4, 2021

It always falls on the last day of the 9th Lunar Month, which also coincides with Buddhist Medicine Buddha Day

11 hours ago, fallmerees said:

Happy Diwali! 

I feel like re-watching Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham tbh haha! <3

giphy.gif

you watch hindi movies  ?? now dont start drooling over Hrithik

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, sg indian here said:

Happy Deepavali frens & bang bang bang !!!

Happy Deepavali to you.

how do you feel about the gradual use of Diwali in local context. Personally I don't see the need.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest tuesday blues
1 hour ago, fab said:

Happy Deepavali to you.

how do you feel about the gradual use of Diwali in local context. Personally I don't see the need.

are you talking about "Tuesday" Blues??? ha ha

2 minutes ago, Guest tuesday blues said:

are you talking about "Tuesday" Blues??? ha ha

I donno what's that. 

But thanks for reminding me it's Tuesday. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest tuesday blues

I wish belated Deepavali to the one security guy at this one 1.5k per flat condo near Bendemeer.

I really laud his professionalism to stay cool most of the time but I m sure his heart was beating very fast.

What I disliked most is when the owner of the unit who received the Deepavali visitor at 10.30pm (sic!) had to bring in race to the "discussion". (During the brawl the owner of the unit of this condo asked the security officer whether his action is because he has this race.)

The whole episode had nothing to do whether the owner was Inuit or Samoan, but simply a security officer doing his job and applying the entry parking fee for visitors.

Will watch the outcome of this "episode".

Guest tuesday blues
4 minutes ago, fab said:

I donno what's that. 

But thanks for reminding me it's Tuesday. 

But you know what is Monday blues don't you?

Because Monday was an additional off day, Deepavali falling on a Sunday. So today it's like working on a Monday...

17 hours ago, Guest tuesday blues said:

But you know what is Monday blues don't you?

Because Monday was an additional off day, Deepavali falling on a Sunday. So today it's like working on a Monday...

Lol.  Noted with laughter.  Yes I do know what's that but it has nothing to do it. 

I just thought that it is confusing and unnecessary to introduce this new word especially it is to cater to a new group of people when they should be the ones to integrate and not the reverse.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

11 hours ago, Guest tuesday blues said:

I wish belated Deepavali to the one security guy at this one 1.5k per flat condo near Bendemeer.

I really laud his professionalism to stay cool most of the time but I m sure his heart was beating very fast.

What I disliked most is when the owner of the unit who received the Deepavali visitor at 10.30pm (sic!) had to bring in race to the "discussion". (During the brawl the owner of the unit of this condo asked the security officer whether his action is because he has this race.)

The whole episode had nothing to do whether the owner was Inuit or Samoan, but simply a security officer doing his job and applying the entry parking fee for visitors.

Will watch the outcome of this "episode".

Oh I saw the video in another post. The guard was really just doing his job.

Guest Krishna
On 10/31/2019 at 11:10 PM, Guest Guest said:

It had become a national issue now.

I see. What is the latest now? Will he be sent back to the motherland? If he is that arrogant, he will not be accepted too.

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, Why? said:

No, it is called Dashain.  Oh, never mind, they start with "D" anyway. 

Sorry i think because of the D (no pun intended), you are confusing it. Dashain is the nepalese way of celebrating Hindu festival of Dushera, and not Deepawali/Diwali.

Nepalese for Diwali/Deepawali is Tihar

22 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Its called Diwali in some countries. 

Not in some countries, but within India itself in different geographies people use different words. The proper word i guess is Deepawali. Diwali is just a slight short cut, but equally popular

Diwali (English: /dɪˈwɑːl/)[8] or Divali[42] is from the Sanskrit dīpāvali meaning "row or series of lights".[43][44] The term is derived from the Sanskrit words dīpa, "lamp, light, lantern, candle, that which glows, shines, illuminates or knowledge"[45] and āvali, "a row, range, continuous line, series".

Sounds like an interesting festival.  Very dignified, very simple.  Just light a fire at home and paint your forehead with colors and then new chapter in life began.  In Singapore, it is almost like a non-event but I saw many Chinese praying outside the hindu temple instead.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.