Male HQ

What Are Gays Most Worrying Problem about growing old? + Anxiety of growing old (compiled)

Guest guest

If you have plenty of hobby - writing, gardening, fish keeping, pet keeping, surfing, reading all done at once, I think you won't be alone. The only worry is majority of gay people will be worried about $$$ because they live on single income. If they are *touchwood* due to some reasons not able to work, they don't have children or partner to support them. Lonesome is just a small issues, but learning to be independent is the greatest challenge. I mean who will take care of you once every human internal systems start to break down. Yup, $$$ and health are two major concerns especially for singles gay or unmarried straight people.

There's so much things to worry more about. Chasing difficult dreams, dealing with world issues (community, finance, etc), having responsibilities as an mature adult to guide the younger ones and friends and to choose to help someone without a second thought.

For me, being alone hasn't been one of my worries because I'm rather independent.

-e+7

I worry that one day when we got old i will lost the capability to look after him because we have no kids. I'm worry that one day i will be his biggest obstacle in his life. I'm worry one day i stop writing his name and the things we do together no longer exist my Diary.. I'm worry that one day i won't be able to look into his eyes and say "I Love You".........

Sometimes I find myself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, I found myself.

Memory of David - http://www.blowingwi...showtopic=37397

Last Page - http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=52355

It is very important for gay people to SAVE as soon as they start working - it is never too early to start building up a nest egg. There is no need to deprive yourself but there is also no need to waste either!

Other than saving, maybe also need to buy more insurance?!

Actually i am more worry of being sick and unable to take care of myself, and there is no one to help me.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Ageing. Once you are old, all sorts of problems will come.

Nowadays not necessary all sorts of problems will come only when u r old. Many pple already got problems in their 30s or 40s liao. Seems like pple now are vey fragile.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

We should take a leaf or two out of Alex Au's story and learn to contribute in some ways? He is older than many of us here and I don't see him any less "adventurous" but a guy full of endeavour and knowledge sharing for as long as he lives. Catherine lim is another who wanted to live to her fullest thru social network and writings.

What I am saying here is this: PASSION n FREEDOM, are the two vital elements that kills all your lonliness and worries. If you have passion, you will still sit up and do what you enjoy doing even when your ailment control you, if you have freedom, lonliness will not restrict your lifestyle.

Edited by Why?

The greatest fear among Sg gays is the fear of one's homosexuality being accidentally discovered by one's colleagues, acquaintances, friends or relatives. This feeling of insecurity extends even to interactions with fellow gays....

It's true. But we'll outgrow that phrase eventually. We'll learn to be less bothered by what others think of us as we older ppl hv much bigger problems to deal with. (eg : Health, retirement saving, losing love ones, housing, cleaning etc)

Edited by tic-toc

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Other than saving, maybe also need to buy more insurance?!

Actually i am more worry of being sick and unable to take care of myself, and there is no one to help me.

If you are working, there is insurance but as you get older, start taking up personal medical/hospitalisation insurance when still healthy or at least 5 years before you plan to retire.

Edited by allmyimages2020

Gays should be worrying kenna ... ...

1.HIV (people always thought they are safe)

2.HSV 1 and HSV 2 (always neglect this! 8/10 gays kenna!)

3.Hep B (many people kenna)

Gay stop worrying when tested out neg for HIV. BUT they always NEGLECTED about HSV, Hep B, Gonorrhea and etc!

Those who have not done blood check on HSV and Hep B, better do it now. Especially, married men, better ask wife go check.

Looks like creating unnecessary fear. If these are so prevalent, the government would have shut down the gay spas long ago. Also, Geylang, Little India and places where the straights go would have been closed too.

You are creating a fear. Pls provide the statistics that 8 out 10 gays kena HSV1 or HSV2.

And for those who are fearful, look up Urine Therapy.

If you are working, there is insurance but as you get older, start taking up personal medical/hospitalisation insurance when still healthy or at least 5 years before you plan to retire.

U mean those insurance purchase earlier which cover medical/hospitalisation is not enough? Still need to buy personal medical/hospitalisation insurance?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

U mean those insurance purchase earlier which cover medical/hospitalisation is not enough? Still need to buy personal medical/hospitalisation insurance?

I think most people get medical/hospitalisation as part of their employment. What I was saying is to get personal medical/hospitalisation insurance for your retirement and it is much easier to get these package before you retire and while still healthy!

I think most people get medical/hospitalisation as part of their employment. What I was saying is to get personal medical/hospitalisation insurance for your retirement and it is much easier to get these package before you retire and while still healthy!

I have personal insurance which covers medical/hospitalisation, although i also covered under empolyment. :)

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 1 month later...

I consider Family the most important aspect in my life, thus my greatest worry is the rejection from them

Love is important, but I do not pin high hopes on it. Come what may. I'm fine with being single actually (at least currently_

I'd rather be focusing on my career next time, which led to yet another worry: that people may discriminate against what I do as a profession because of my homosexuality

THUS!! WE HAVE TO STAY STRONG EMOTIONALLY! XD

Edited by Slynn

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

Guest -guest-

Fellow gay, bi guys should just keep the sexuality within the community, Avoid exposing their sexuality in front of other ppl. Many are keeping their sexuality away from family, relative and non AJ friends. This is something that I worried some times. So to all bitches and bigmouth, you know what to do :)

getting std since it is so high in the community...heck the very guy you are fxxking with a condom might have it and there is always a small chance of getting it...incase condom breaks or what...i doubt people will be honest ...they'll just think yeah i have std but i'll just put on a condom and keep quiet.

• G_M changed the title to What Are Gays Most Worrying Problem about growing old? + Anxiety of growing old (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.