Male HQ

Places For Massage - Part 4

HendryTan

a. This is Part 4 of the Places for Massage.

The previous "Places for Massage" threads are Part 1 , 2 , 3a . You can click the links to read it all.

b. We also have a companion directory of home-based masseurs. Click the link to read the Singapore Home-based Massage Listing (HML) .

c. Guys, lets us continue to share the whereabouts and skills of the masseur.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, anybody know of any good professional Chinese Tui Na type of massage?

No hanky-panky and reasonably priced (eg $40 an hour type).

Must be gay-friendly.

Have been looking around and hoping for good references based on your experiences.

Ideally it should be a place where you are going to on a regular basis (to qualify as good)

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Guest Guest_Justme

Hi X,

Try Raymond Chin in Lucky Chinatown. He does tui na style and charges around the price that you quoted. No hanky panky too. I think he has been doing massage for between 8 to 12 years. He told me when I asked him but I have forgotten, sorry. :oops:

Make sure you dont go to the wrong person/place. I think he is in B2 - the very lowest basement level whatever that is. There are 3 massage places in Lucky Chinatown, Oceanic and another one, not sure what the place is called. Give Oceanic a miss unless you want hanky panky and so so massage. The other one is not too bad too except that I dont like the setting - he does tui na too. I prefer Raymonds style.

Good luck.

As the guys mentioned, there are

a. Kim Cheong

b. Raymond Chin

c. There is another gentleman on B1 doing massage.

d. Oceanic

I will be merging this threads into the "Places for Massage" thread in the next few days. This will keep all the discussion of massage together for ease of reading by our readers.

Cheers !

Guest Driclor

I tried the Raymond Chin shop mentioned; the shop name is call Well.com, #B3-20. I tried the other therapist so far... I would say is good.

The other at the same level Kim Cheong... not bad either but I don't like his alititude, so have give a miss already!

There is above 2 at B1 & B2 too.

Guest Slutco DeMarco or Whatever

Can anyone give me the number to Adryan of Sembawang (or Woodlands or Admiralty or something)? Will really appreciate it.

The other at the same level Kim Cheong... not bad either but I don't like his alititude, so have give a miss already!

Eh....what kind of attitude?

Can anyone give me the number to Adryan of Sembawang (or Woodlands or Admiralty or something)? Will really appreciate it.

That's interesting, Adryan seems to have dropped off Hendry's list... not sure if that was an accident, or conscious decision, but anyway, for those interested, his contact details are on his website:

www.dtouch72.com

There have been a LOT of posts previously on Adryan, so suggest you do a keyword search on this site if you want some background info. I personally find him quite a good massuer, tho I haven't been to see him for a while now.

Cheers,

Josh

That's interesting, Adryan seems to have dropped off Hendry's list... not sure if that was an accident, or conscious decision, but anyway, for those interested, his contact details are on his website:

www.dtouch72.com

There have been a LOT of posts previously on Adryan, so suggest you do a keyword search on this site if you want some background info. I personally find him quite a good massuer, tho I haven't been to see him for a while now.

Cheers,

Josh

Thanks OzChub33! Just like Slutco Demarco, I've been looking for his contact for a while too. I hope to try him out one of these days.

Guest semisweet

hey everyone..

i just tried a new masseur, not sure if anyone has mentioned or done a review on him?

David, in his mid 30s, hunky (really muscular) Scottish guy (if you're into angmoh.. then u should see his pics at least!).

The massage was good! Surprised cos i never thought ang moh can massage well... he had some different techniques from the other masseurs I've tried in SG.

He does personal training too, if you're interested.. but i wasnt looking for a trainer anyway.

The only downside is that he only does outcall at the moment, so you'd have to be able to accomodate that. And another "downside" is that he doesnt do any hankypanky.. was a little disappointed cos I was completely horny thruout the entire session! if anyone gets lucky with this hot guy please do tell me.. i want to know!! But at the very least, he is gay friendly.. doesnt talk much during the massage but willing to chat after everything is done.

sorry if this was a lousy review.. im not too good at writing stuff.

u can see his website lah.. his number is there also

http://dmhealthfitness.blogspot.com/

im not a potato queen.. but any other ang moh masseurs around? im curious to try...

Guest massage_user

have any of u guys tried deni at yishun before? he's indonesian,claims to be in his late 20s..anyone tried him b4?care to share ur exp?thanks =D

Guest Driclor
Yeah lor what attitude?

He was very friendly leh.

1st incident

I call to make an appt but told me the time slot is taken up... fine with me so I took the next free slot which he suggest... I think previous client cancel his appt so he is free, just send me a SMS to go down now in a not very friendly manner.

I ignore his sms as is more than 1hr before my appt. Then he call me, asking me to go down now (as if is a command)... Then I told him I am not in that area, then he keep sms me what time I will reach there!

2nd incident

I call to make an appt... he cancel my call. So I tot he press the wrong button, thus call back again... This time he answer and I told him I want to make an appt, but he told me his is busy and will call me back.

About 10mins later, he SMS me instead of calling me (you can this customers service). And instead of asking me what time I want, he ask me to go down now!

I ignore the SMS, after 5mins, he called up... his number is private and he did not identify himself when you call expecting you to know. The moment I answer the call, I heard 'come down now'... I was like who the hell are you? Then after awhile then he identify himself and as me to go down now... I am paying for the service, why should be his call and he is so rude on the phone...

So I give a miss to his service from then on... anyway, i think his place is not very relax and lacks of privacy! Those who have not tried, you see for yourself. And during the session, he will stop a few times to go drink water :(

Guest visitor
... in his mid 30s, hunky (really muscular) Scottish guy (if you're into angmoh.. then u should see his pics at least!).

The massage was good! Surprised cos i never thought ang moh can massage well...

Hey semisweet

Is that ang moh guy gay?

Guest Guest_grumpybaker
anyone been to the health spa which has shifted to grandlink (previously at singapore badminton hall)? is it still open shower?

Went on Monday, yes it's still open shower.

Very new, very clean and quite posh. I'm just not use to this guy in the locker room attending to our needs every second, consider good service la, but a little over done.

Funny thing, looks so high class but open shower...

And the steam room's temp is too high I find, felt scorched after went in a few seconds. Hot pool also very hot, I dared not go in.

The lady at the counter wasn't too friendly, you'd think that with that kind of money you pay, at least they'll get someone who can speak proper english. And this Indian manager looked a little snobbish, but that's my personal feeling. In general the service there was not too bad.

Yeah lor what attitude?

1st incident

I call to make an appt but told me the time slot is taken up... fine with me so I took the next free slot which he suggest... I think previous client cancel his appt so he is free, just send me a SMS to go down now in a not very friendly manner.

I ignore his sms as is more than 1hr before my appt. Then he call me, asking me to go down now (as if is a command)... Then I told him I am not in that area, then he keep sms me what time I will reach there!

2nd incident

I call to make an appt... he cancel my call. So I tot he press the wrong button, thus call back again... This time he answer and I told him I want to make an appt, but he told me his is busy and will call me back.

About 10mins later, he SMS me instead of calling me (you can this customers service). And instead of asking me what time I want, he ask me to go down now!

I ignore the SMS, after 5mins, he called up... his number is private and he did not identify himself when you call expecting you to know. The moment I answer the call, I heard 'come down now'... I was like who the hell are you? Then after awhile then he identify himself and as me to go down now... I am paying for the service, why should be his call and he is so rude on the phone...

So I give a miss to his service from then on... anyway, i think his place is not very relax and lacks of privacy! Those who have not tried, you see for yourself. And during the session, he will stop a few times to go drink water :(

Hi Driclor,

Why so many complain....

If not happy, then don't go.

Why must spoilt peoples rice bowl? :yuk:

anyone been to the health spa which has shifted to grandlink (previously at singapore badminton hall)?? is it still open shower?

Went on Monday, yes it's still open shower.

Very new, very clean and quite posh. I'm just not use to this guy in the locker room attending to our needs every second, consider good service la, but a little over done.

Funny thing, looks so high class but open shower...

And the steam room's temp is too high I find, felt scorched after went in a few seconds. Hot pool also very hot, I dared not go in.

The lady at the counter wasn't too friendly, you'd think that with that kind of money you pay, at least they'll get someone who can speak proper english. And this Indian manager looked a little snobbish, but that's my personal feeling. In general the service there was not too bad.

Hi is this the former spa located at Singapore Badminton Hall?

Where is Grandlink? Are the male masseurs still there?

Guest Driclor
Yeah lor what attitude?

1st incident

2nd incident

Hi Driclor,

Why so many complain....

If not happy, then don't go.

Why must spoilt peoples rice bowl? :yuk:

I am not complaining.... I am just sharing my experience as requests...

this is not spoilt others rice bowl... You can choose not to believe right?

Didn't I mentioned I had already give a miss to this place?...

Guest Guest_grumpybaker
Is Benny still doing rub-back at Grandlink?

It's the same one from badminton hall, at grandlink square basement, opp city plaza, can walk from paya lebar mrt, bus 7 and 197.

I tried rub back by eric, not sure about benny. Should still have male masseurs i think.

Guest Another View

I had been using Tan Kim Cheong's massage service for more than 4 years and I am giving another view of Mr Tan service.

First, Mr Tan does not speak English well. In fact he speaks really bad English and most of the time I converse with him in Hokkien.

Because he give a really good massage (no hanky panky - he is straight) for only $25 an hour, I have over the years recommended quite a few friends to him.

None of us had ever experienced the problem Driclor had mentioned. I suspect there was a breakdown in communication because Mr. Tan never send me a sms in English ever. However, he will very occasionally send a standard English sms (that a friend of his wrote for him) to invite regular clents to visit him again. This is the only English SMS that he will send. Regular clients of his will know what I mean.

Occasionally, after I made an appointment, he will call me and ask if I can come earlier because someone had cancelled. He was never rude or demanding. In fact Mr Tan is very accommodating.

His level of service is very high and I would rank him best among masseurs that charged less than $30 per hour. And that's where the problem lies. I had personally heard from two other masseurs in the Chinatown vicinity bad mouthing him. The main reason I think it is because they are losing customers to him because he charged much lesser than them.

If Mr Tan's service level is so bad, how can he still be in business after all these years? Think about it.

Mr Tan is about 55 years old, stocky, ruggedly handsome and rides a big bike. Although he is straight and will not do any specials, he is gay friendly and understand that gays formed a large percentage of his clients.

Check him out. You will not be disappointed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx moderated to protect the innocent..- Moderator

Anyway, maybe that is Driclor luck to had that bad experience... he does not sent English SMS but maybe his friend is there to help him sent at that moment... I had a few times tried his service and someone is inside the shop... maybe his friend?

Anyway, all this is up to individual lah.

Guest Leonard

Honestly I personally found Mr Tan massage is very good. Price is inexperience. My first visit was in November and ever since I visit him very often. Twice a week. Yes indeed, he is always fill up with appointment. If you think you need a massage best to make an appointment earlier and not at the very last mintue.

You mention that is some one in the shop, that is totally not true. He is always alone. Yes indeed Mr Tan don't speak English. All text message reply is very simply text.

At time My appointment do change alittle, either 15mins earlier or later. It is all depend, as others turn up later that why time is been push back and sometime some cancel the appointment and he will text back "you can come down now".

I recommend that those 1st time it is best to call him and not SMS. Once you know him better, you will feel he is wondering guy.

... they can be quite flexible (or desperate for money). :P

i thought the last part of the post was uncalled for. i don't think masseurs make a lot of money... and i m not sure many clients in singapore are that generous with their tips.

if you must slime, target..

- those who drive expensive cars and yet cannot bear to find a proper parking lot or put a 50-cent parking coupon

- those who are rich yet choose to stay in C-class wards or wouldn't even donate a single cent to charity

- those who borrow books from the National Library and who are greedy to keep those books & refuse to pay the fines... and worse gripe about it!

Now, that's desperate for money.

frankly, i think you owe those masseurs who work hard & earn a decent living an apology.

Guest Guest_grumpybaker

I sincerely apologize. I totally agree that many singaporeans aren't so generous with the tips.

I actually meant that to take up jobs, whether it is physically or mentally demanding, by choice, after midnight, is some form of indication of "desperate for money". I really don't mean it in a bad way. I know how tiring and taxing it can be to work the graveyard shift., hence that remark.

To all Masseurs, i'm really sorry.

Hi,

The other day I went to Paul Lim (@Bedok) and found that he is charging $40...

Surprised me cos I thought from the tags/information on this thread he should be only charging $30. He said it's to cover inflation... :huh:

Can anyone share if this is correct?? Or was I unfairly taken for a ride???

Bewildered.

Hmm, not too sure if you've been taken for a ride. but i think it's only fair to increase to $40, as the prices everywhere else has soared sky high. $40 for an hour is still very much below market rate. even i myself charges $60 for 90 mins, an increment of $5 from my previous $55.

one should check the charges even before going for the massage. if you think that the increase is not fair, i guess you could just turn around and leave. but i think most people would be rather polite about it and accept the new charges, albeit grudingly.

my only concern is whether the massage is worth the price. that is, if it's a bit more expensive but the massage is good, i wouldn't mind paying. but if the massage if no good, low fees also a waste of money. so, SimonE, the massage you had with Paul@Bedok, how would you rate it?

anyway, it's good feedback regarding the increase in charges so that the relevant sites/list could be updated.

Dear Bewildered SimonE,

I'm sure you're not being taken for a ride la. The home-based masseurs are not that stupid to do that cause it'll only affect their business ultimately.

Anyway. I still think that for these type of personal services, if the price is at $40, you can't really expect to pay only $40, can you? IMO you should always expect to give some tips, even a few $ to show your appreciation.

Unless of course, the attitude and massage skill is really bad.

"If Rice Is Expensive, Just Eat More Meat"

Guest Guest_justme

I would agree with dienasaw. Do you think the massage was worth it?

Am sure you did not get ripped off as the community in Singapore is small and the competition quite tough and therapists depend on return business. If someone gets ripped off or if someone does bad massage or if someone overcharges, word gets around quite fast.

If you think you have been ripped off, I went to this place which shall remain nameless (I wont name the place as there are other therapists there who might be affected). The therapist was terrible. I mean there are some who are green but who make up for it for trying but this guy was not even trying. I asked how long he had been doing massage and he said that he had just been laid off and that he was doing massages while looking for new work. I cut the massage short. He then asked if I wanted an extra and I said no to that too. I was not interested in an extra to begin with - just wanted a good massage. Ok, so I felt a bit of a pity for the guy cos he was out of a job so I gave him a better than normal tip. He just took it and nodded and then went to the therapist rest area. Most other places, the therapist sees you to the entrance, waits for you to put on your shoes and then says or waves goodbye. Here I was left all alone in the entrance area, putting on my socks and shoes. Now, THATS when you feel you have been ripped off. I do what I can only do - I have never been back to that place.

So, you win some, you lose some. If you think the massage was worth it, head back. If not, dont.

Guest Guest_justme

Oh, and just to balance the coin, had another experience worth sharing.

Passed by this massage place and thought to myself that this was not one of the "popular" places people talk of. Decided to try it out.

Was greeted by the reception person - there were about 3 therapists around. I think they might have been playing cards when I came thru but I dont quite remember the details. Anyway, after a shower, I was ready. I dont normally go for a scrub as that does nothing for me. Went into the massage room and was assigned this person who I shall refer to K. Ok, some small talk - how was he and how was business, etc. Turns out that K had been doing massage for 3 months and was studying doing part time work. So I thought, ok, is this massage going to be good or not seeing how this person is relatively inexperienced.

The massage was wonderful. I like fast and medium strength strokes and this person delivered. I was quite surprised - K must have natural ability cos very few people can massage so well, not after 3 months experience, I think. I learnt that K learnt his technique from one of the seniors. The therapists share experiences but dont share everything, especially some of their self created movements. Anyway, the massage was good and when I turned on my back, the therapist put a clean wet cloth across my eyes. That was new too and very soothing. Helped me relax. Wont go into more detail as that is not the point. The point is that I had a great massage from a relatively inexperienced person and I think the main difference is that this person was really into wanting to give the other person a proper massage or at least wanting to try.

So, after a cleanup shower, I dressed up to go. He came back and sat next to me in the reception area - he came back with hot tea. When I was ready to go, he bid me farewell, gave me a little bow. He truly deserved a good tip - not only cos he made me feel well physically but also cos he impressed me with his good manners. Definitely a return to person.

Apologies for being long winded!

Guest notsure2
Hmm, not too sure if you've been taken for a ride. but i think it's only fair to increase to $40, as the prices everywhere else has soared sky high. $40 for an hour is still very much below market rate. even i myself charges $60 for 90 mins, an increment of $5 from my previous $55.

not sure if it's only fair to incr price....but customer shd always chk the price b4-hand.

at the end of day, it's whether customer deem is value for money!

Hi,

The other day I went to Paul Lim (@Bedok) and found that he is charging $40...

Surprised me cos I thought from the tags/information on this thread he should be only charging $30. He said it's to cover inflation... :huh:

Bewildered.

in this case, i woulf rather go to eric in hougang, $40 for 60mins, using good massage oil and very good environment, unlike paul only using cheap cheap one :(

Hi all...

Appreciate all feedback and replies. I do agree with some of the comments. Well, actually all I wanted to be sure that for that particular session I was not charged more than anyone else. Understand it doesn't make sense from the masseurs' point of view to practise differential charging, but just wanted to confirm it. Not saying that the massage was not worth $40 (it was pretty good actually), but then to increase the price by $10 (that's 33% up) for a 5% inflation....hmm.

Guest guest.....
Passed by this massage place and thought to myself that this was not one of the "popular" places people talk of. Decided to try it out

From ur feed back it sounded good ...how abt telling us the name and the place...thanks....

Guest Guest_justme

Oh. :oops:

I did not think that people would be interested in it but yes, grumpyB and guest, you have a point. I dont think the place is still operating though. Kampung Ville/Villa on Duxton Road. As said it is not one of the places that are often mentioned and I think its cos it is out of the way compared to where the other massage places are.

Hope your massage was as good as mine, if the place is still open.

Regards