Male HQ

A Toast To Toast Box?

I get a little peeved when I wonder why a particular chain is doing thriving business when the food is not particularly good in the least. A case in point is Toast Box. I have been 'attracted' by the long queues in many of their outlets and the few times I ate there, it was a letdown more than anything else. And to add to the insult, its not even cheap. So, its not really true that when there's a queue means the food there will be good.

Toast Box, a subsidiary of BreadTalk, is obviously after the business pie of Ya Kun Toast by offering 'authentic' coffee, kaya toast and half-boiled eggs as their staple breadfast menu. Other variations include soft butter bun, spicy hebi hiam bread and the very awful peanut butter toast bread. The last item is particularly bad. It takes a herculean effort to get the toast down one's throat. The coffee is ok, the eggs nicely done but, I wonder, is there anything worth eating there? :D Am I missing out on something by the look of the queue?

hmmm... some people like their toast crisp and dry; others like it a bit wet; yet others like it dunked in a cup of coffee/milo. i guess it boils down to a matter of preference. personally i find the taste of toastbox's pb toast acceptable, but i do understand your point about it being hard to swallow, the bread being on the dry side.

should ask our toast box king ob on why he finds the pb toast so irresistable :D

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

harlow, I am not toast box king hor... just coincidentally the few of us met and had peanut butter toast in toast box 3 nights in a row.

Yes PB toast is slightly more exensive, but with the cutting into 9 pieces, it is great to have a share around snack during kopi. As for the kopi/ tea, i find it acceptable, a little to the milky taste but ok.

p/s the one that digs PB toast is miao, i like the pork floss version...

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Sorry side track abit.

Anyone know if there is anywhere selling steam bread. it not toast but steam one.

I not sure if anyone try before. use to have it around amk but that coffee shop has change hand and no more having it.

theynormally put the white bread slice in the cabinet(the one they put the bao to steam) then the white bread is soft soft one. Then they will apply the butter or/and kaya and serve to you.

Wonder if any coffee shop sell in such way

Thanks...

167 69 chn 51

LINE: songatsg0

Telegram: songatsg

Guest -senior-
Sorry side track abit.

Anyone know if there is anywhere selling steam bread. it not toast but steam one.

I not sure if anyone try before. use to have it around amk but that coffee shop has change hand and no more having it.

theynormally put the white bread slice in the cabinet(the one they put the bao to steam) then the white bread is soft soft one. Then they will apply the butter or/and kaya and serve to you.

Wonder if any coffee shop sell in such way

I believe most of the coffee stalls in hawker centres and coffee shops do have steam bread, though more popular are the toasted ones.

Just request for steam bread.

I have ordered them before when my throat wasn't good to have the toasted ones.

i think it is a matter of preference.i like toast box bread but i pass my judgement on the shop based on the consistency of their coffee. i do not like to be served inconsistent coffee, having one day taste good and the next day it taste bland, then later taste too thick. generally, toast box is okay in term of their consistency in the taste of their coffee. the peanut and pork floss bread is a must try!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.