Male HQ

How many willing to live in 1 or 2 room Flat after 55

Guest Worry

Guest disclosed yourself
16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

A true gay fashionista will never be caught in punggol or sengkang baby. Everyone knows the real fashionista stay in holland road, tanglin or clementi.

What has the (gay) fashionista to do with sizing down to a 2 or 2 room flat?

Sorry this is the topic if you forgot:

If the fashionista is successful he will stay in Paris or New York but Clementi, Tanglin or Holland???

If Singapore maybe Sentosa or Harbourfront/Keppel Bay or Orange Grove...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Naku te rourou nau te rourou ka ora ai te iwi.

On 3/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, Guest Guest said:

A true gay fashionista will never be caught in punggol or sengkang baby. Everyone knows the real fashionista stay in holland road, tanglin or clementi.

That is so true! But nt clementi

change it to orchard nearby 

i guess i am a minimalista or a nobullshitlista. because i've actually noticed that trends and flashy fashion are for the anxious. and those trying to make a statement about themselves that they can afford things. doesn't that just scream insecurity?

i'd rather be cash rich than be drowning in clothes & objects that are constantly becoming outdated and also, getting myself into debt.yes, most fashionistas project a false image, many can't afford and have to skip meals or cut back on other things to afford the new garbage. hard for me to respect people whose values in life are so distorted. 

you can live in the clouds, darling. i'll stick to singapore or specifically sengkang, where i can get my prata and ban mian, instead of prada and balmain. go cycling and maybe meet some wild otters along the waterways. definitely for sure rather meet them than you, haha

i think a sound mind and a healthy fit body are more meaningful pursuits to invest in the long run. plus you can dress head to toe in designer trash, but the best accessory is still a hot body and a winning smile. 

now please get back to topic, before the ghastly spirit of karl lagerfeld compells you. LOL

On 3/25/2019 at 10:23 AM, -Ignored- said:

That is so true! But nt clementi

change it to orchard nearby 

I would live in Clement too, nice matured neighbourhood with lots of other elderly. but still bustling due to proximity to NUS, poly, metropolis and also west coast stretch. just give me lots of light, and ocean, i am happy!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

14 minutes ago, tomcat said:

i guess i am a minimalista or a nobullshitlista. because i've actually noticed that trends and flashy fashion are for the anxious. and those trying to make a statement about themselves that they can afford things. doesn't that just scream insecurity?

you can live in the clouds, darling. i'll stick to singapore or specifically sengkang, where i can get my prata and ban mian, instead of prada and balmain. go cycling and maybe meet some wild otters along the waterways. definitely for sure rather meet them than you, haha

now please get back to topic, before the ghastly spirit of karl lagerfeld compells you. LOL

I would live in Clement too, nice matured neighbourhood with lots of other elderly. but still bustling due to proximity to NUS, poly, metropolis and also west coast stretch. just give me lots of light, and ocean, i am happy!

ya, i know u definitely minialist from your previous sharing of the thread and u read marie kondo's bk

to me a fashionista can be minimalist from accessories to clothing, knowin how to pair up w muji-like items is a class
never will the industry or Karl (from 6ft under) scream fashion has to b this or that 
FasHIONN need not to be expensive or to decorate your body w designer-label (do NOT advertise or promote for the designers)

if we have a studio flat, we can decorate it w a 1-piece designer item /furniture and that is it

never have i felt NUS a pride though from there (maybe times have changed, and i m not even from the boring engr fac), i even skip the ceremony
glad that u enjoyed!!!but u r at the upper region now right?

Guest quest
37 minutes ago, tomcat said:

i'd rather be cash rich than be drowning in clothes & objects that are constantly becoming outdated and also, getting myself into debt.yes, most fashionistas project a false image, many can't afford and have to skip meals or cut back on other things to afford the new garbage. hard for me to respect people whose values in life are so distorted. 

i think a sound mind and a healthy fit body are more meaningful pursuits to invest in the long run. plus you can dress head to toe in designer trash, but the best accessory is still a hot body and a winning smile. 

I grew up in the village at punggol end near the jetty. I'm really nostalgic about the place and got a bto 2rm flat at Rivervale Shores sengkang east drive. Will be moving there in 3 years time. Anyone book a flat there?

1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

Studio is technically like a 1-room flat, no separate living and bedroom.

2-room is a living room plus a separate bedroom with proper door. Kitchen has never been call a room whether separate or not.

Edited by Singroc

Guest disclosed yourself
1 hour ago, tomcat said:

You know some people here, like to run after every fashion (be it clothing, designer bags, online games, "motorised" scooters, fancy cars) but then have to learn things the hard lesson. So many friends approached me over time, running out of money and when they see the real value of their design gadgets, while selling them off for near to nothing. It is better to have a safety bag on the bank account to cover any troubled times.

Downsizing might make sense, when your assets dwindle at older age. But if I stay in a nice bigger flat already, why should I downsize as long as I can afford it.

More space means more freedom and less feeling cramped into some small unit (as long as you don't clutter). But having a spare room, where you start painting or pursue any other hobby, would be good.

Every estate has advantages and disadvantages. Clementi has the advantage that it is not too far from the city, but the shopping mall is not the biggest or best, but you have the new shopping malls around Jurong East nowadays. But it can be crowded in the peak times and is an older estate, recently with more tearing down of the old flats and construction of high rise HDB around the nearer MRT area.

I personally would prefer an HDB that faces some greenery...  and not so much on a main traffic point.

But I m disappointed that you wouldn't like to invite us over to your nice flat... Isn't there is type of guy called "otter"???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Te anga karaka, te anga koura, kei kitea te Marae.

12 minutes ago, Singroc said:

Studio is technically like a 1-room flat, no separate living and bedroom.

2-room is a living room plus a separate bedroom with proper door. Kitchen has never been call a room whether separate or not.

tks! finally a gd definition provided!!!!

1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Does a 2-room flat has a separate kitchen or just a pantry adjoining with the living room ?

2 hours ago, Guest quest said:

I grew up in the village at punggol end near the jetty. I'm really nostalgic about the place and got a bto 2rm flat at Rivervale Shores sengkang east drive. Will be moving there in 3 years time. Anyone book a flat there?

I found a good resource to visit is the My Nice Home gallery at Toa Payoh HDB. It showcases all the flat types available including the 2 room and studios. The website has a few uploaded, but an actual visit is still the best. Make your way down this weekend!

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/bp25/MNHG/eamnhindex/index.html

2 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

ya, i know u definitely minialist from your previous sharing of the thread and u read marie kondo's bk

to me a fashionista can be minimalist from accessories to clothing, knowin how to pair up w muji-like items is a class
never will the industry or Karl (from 6ft under) scream fashion has to b this or that 
FasHIONN need not to be expensive or to decorate your body w designer-label (do NOT advertise or promote for the designers)

if we have a studio flat, we can decorate it w a 1-piece designer item /furniture and that is it

never have i felt NUS a pride though from there (maybe times have changed, and i m not even from the boring engr fac), i even skip the ceremony
glad that u enjoyed!!!but u r at the upper region now right?

I don't know what dictates fashion these days but i do know what is fashionistrash. haha. from all of the local ra-ra-rahs, most of them let the clothes wear them instead of the other way around. i think even Lagerfeld would do log rolls in his grave at these self-proclaimed fashion mavens. singaporeans just be singaporeans lah, no need pretentious -high fashion this and that. when you small, you also eat roti, buy things at mamashop  and play under void-deck haha.

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

12 minutes ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

Downsizing might make sense, when your assets dwindle at older age. But if I stay in a nice bigger flat already, why should I downsize as long as I can afford it. More space means more freedom and less feeling cramped into some small unit (as long as you don't clutter). But having a spare room, where you start painting or pursue any other hobby, would be good.

Frankly, we already live like this. One common room dedicated to study / movie projection room. Another common room for rentals, or friends from overseas to stay over. Kitchen toilet is virtually not used, as we use the master toilet more. We have a corner for bench and weights, balcony area for plants, fish, and wide open living for the cats to run around in. The 5 room flat feels a bit too much space for us, even now.

Especially as we are mindful of what we buy or add to the home. There are only about 5 big key furniture pieces. Some art that we find brings us joy, or symbolise good things so having space for them to breathe is also necessary. And the rest is space for living. 

I suppose, we are already pursuing or fast attaining retirement mode, even though we are still working. We are incredibly domestic and already live a slow but simple and meaningful life. So maybe when we actually go into semi-retirement at 50 or 55, we would outgrow this flat already and maybe streamlined even further. Downsizing looks and feels like the next logical step, also as we intend to spend about one third of the year travelling.

24 minutes ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

Every estate has advantages and disadvantages. Clementi has the advantage that it is not too far from the city, but the shopping mall is not the biggest or best, but you have the new shopping malls around Jurong East nowadays. But it can be crowded in the peak times and is an older estate, recently with more tearing down of the old flats and construction of high rise HDB around the nearer MRT area.

Even though we live in the epicentre of 3 malls, we barely even step foot inside. Only times are for groceries and late night movies, so I suppose the value of the unit will increase further over the years as the neighbourhood fully matures, that bodes well for us, when it is time to move on to our tiny home! 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Sex is Secret
2 hours ago, Guest fan of thomas said:

Why not ? if you can afford to do up nicely . like him.

All to himself.

Love nest.

If why the designer built him a secret room linking to his walk-in-wardrobe? 

On 3/26/2019 at 11:35 AM, Guest quest said:

mind to share more on your rivervale shores, how much ?

plan to ask for left over there too

HDB ask me to go on may to choose

Guest Those were the days..
1 hour ago, Firday said:

mind to share more on your rivervale shores, how much ?

plan to ask for left over there too

HDB ask me to go on may to choose

Wish you luck.  Size doesn't matter, as long as there is a roof to keep one warm and shelter from rain is good enough for single.  Afterall, how long can one lives in this lifetime? 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are the type who enjoy cooking,  2-room BTO kitchen is too small.   I need to have kitchen island to prep my foods, lay out the receipes and equal amount of space to store fresh vegetables (If i don't shop everyday), spices, sauces...etc.   Once done, need enough space to dry my dishes .  Unless you don't cook often and like to eat out, order pizza, KFC or Mcdonald....than 2-room BTO might be OK.  Than, the laundry area also very small, you dry your large comforter, blanket or big curtain and most BTO kitchen hardly facing the sunlight, so hanging laundry out to dry can be another challenge.  Still prefer older flag with plenty of space to move around and hang cloths.  Old flats has it old school charm too.  If internally they are kept clean, no point buying a smaller 2 room BTO.  Right?  Besides, the living room also very squeezy...can't put many things there as decor pieces.  Space is especially crucial for Singaporeans.  If one day, very soon, we hit 10 million populations.  You will find that you are lucky to have stayed in spacious older flat than a smaller newer ones.  Very important for single gay people who need that space to breath in their older lives.  This society has suffocated us long enough. Right?

Guest Good to have

Extra room can be used to entertain  guess or short stay ovee for your visitor.  I use it as my prayer or meditation  room to connect to the higher up. 

On 3/11/2019 at 8:10 AM, Guest Guest said:

Why stay for a month? Holiday in singapore so long? Please do not encourage ft to stay in sg for so long! Our mrt is up to breaking point! Everywhere is too crowded! Stay 2 to 3 days, i am fine but stay 1 month is too much!come here look for job is it?

Here we go again!  The persistent hate of this guy for foreigners!  As if he is more worth or deserving than foreigners. Maybe he would like that the use of the MRT is reserved for locals and not allowed for foreigners!  Instead of him living off the country,  the foreigners bring money to the country.

I have visited Singapore many times, and I would not stay for 1 month.  Too boring!  Two weeks is plenty of time to explore and enjoy the gay scene. I would not come for a job but maybe ... to make some friendship.

Housing in Singapore is pathetic, as many are staying in flats (which are small).

HDB flats are worse because they have a low ceiling height. Every time when I visit a HDB flat in Singapore, I keep having the feeling of being compressed.

The right way to live is to live in a house where you can feel the spaciousness, able to open the windows and see sceneries (not others' flats), have some area for outdoors, able to garden and have a flower bed, have greens where one can run around with a dog or 2.   All these are almost impossible for Singaporeans.  And Singaporeans keep "comforting" themselves that  their HDB flats are great deals for retirement.  

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

How small or big the flat not important, more importantly is how you reno and deco your flat to make it looks cosy and comfortable.

How small or big the flat not important, location, reno and deco also not important.

more importantly is WHO you live with.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, fab said:

How small or big the flat not important, location, reno and deco also not important.

more importantly is WHO you live with.

Well,  if you live with a pack of dogs and cats,  the place cannot be too small...

11 hours ago, Guest Tree said:

Housing in Singapore is pathetic, as many are staying in flats (which are small).

HDB flats are worse because they have a low ceiling height. Every time when I visit a HDB flat in Singapore, I keep having the feeling of being compressed.

The right way to live is to live in a house where you can feel the spaciousness, able to open the windows and see sceneries (not others' flats), have some area for outdoors, able to garden and have a flower bed, have greens where one can run around with a dog or 2.   All these are almost impossible for Singaporeans.  And Singaporeans keep "comforting" themselves that  their HDB flats are great deals for retirement.  

U from Malaysia? Yes,  in Malaysia, u can rent a 4 bedroom condo apartment with full facilities and the criteria that u mentioned for RM3000 or SGD 1000. 1k can only  get u a hdb masterbedroom or a common condo room here. 

The price of a 4 bedroom condo there is equivalent to a 3 bedroom Hdb here. So on this aspect, yes is a better investment here. 

Great deals for retirement only when the owner rent out their room, sell back the remaining lease to hdb or got Enbloc.

Staying alone in a big flat is a no-no,  not only financially but also house too big, no one talk to you and eventually u will start talking to yourself and develop some weird behaviour. 

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Well,  if you live with a pack of dogs and cats,  the place cannot be too small...

In Sg only 1 dog n no cat allowed in HDB.

Max 3 dogs in pte property.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

25 minutes ago, fab said:

In Sg only 1 dog n no cat allowed in HDB.

Well...  rules are there to be obeyed, aren't they?  

Still, if you have ONE Great Dane or a young Dobermann Pinscher, the place cannot be too small. 

Edited by Steve5380

• 2 years later...
Guest A Place to Call Home

"...animals in the wilderness, they have their own nest...human beings are no different. We all want a space of our own that we can call home."

Big or small.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:25 AM, drektster said:

i would be happy to live in a 1 or 2 room flat when i am older. no need to do so much house chores.

More or less, the senior apartments will have care facilities below them.  I'm not totally sure if they'll be harassed by the RC constantly to take part in some pointless & mundane activities. While my mother was at home relaxing and sleeping, they knocked on the door so hard it near punched a hole through. 

10 hours ago, Why? said:

More or less, the senior apartments will have care facilities below them.  I'm not totally sure if they'll be harassed by the RC constantly to take part in some pointless & mundane activities. While my mother was at home relaxing and sleeping, they knocked on the door so hard it near punched a hole through. 

worse when it comes to condo. management and committee are very free. i have visited condo in the prime area, the security is not as strict. maybe those neighborhood condo has more residents who came from countries which are not as safe. they also have more stringent rule written all over the place.

On 11/25/2022 at 5:40 PM, bluerunner said:

2 bedrooms flat is ok for me. Can have another person living in to keep an eye on each other. 
2 bedders is not too big. Easier to clean and to manage. 

You mean 3 rm hdb flat? Or a 2 bedders condo?

I find the newer BTO 3 rm seems like smaller as compared to old 3 rm flat. So cleaning an old 3 rm might not as easier when you are old.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:19 PM, Guest disclosed yourself said:

What has the (gay) fashionista to do with sizing down to a 2 or 2 room flat?

Sorry this is the topic if you forgot:

If the fashionista is successful he will stay in Paris or New York but Clementi, Tanglin or Holland???

If Singapore maybe Sentosa or Harbourfront/Keppel Bay or Orange Grove...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Naku te rourou nau te rourou ka ora ai te iwi.

This reminds me of an old joke ... when Ms Universe was still a thing to look out for, typically all contestants introduce themselves first by the country they represents and then by the state that they originated from. Eg. I am Miss USA, from California, or I am Miss Chile, from Santiago etc. So, there was this one time, Ms Singapore went on stage and announced I am Miss Singapore, from Clementi! 🤣 laugh die me

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.