Male HQ

Gay / Queer Themed Movie / TV Series / Short Film / Music Video MTV / Commercials (Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest Xiaoxiong

Mubansô

Synopsis

The movie is set in 1969, when Japanese students were enmeshed with campus riots, anti-war rallies, and the growth of subcultures in music, cinema, literature, and theater. Influenced by the atmosphere of the time, the protagonist, Kyôko, a senior at a high school for girls, forms an "Anti-Uniform Committee" and joins a rally at a university. However, Kyôko hates herself because she knows she is only copying others. One day, she is wounded at a rally, and realizes she has been taking campus riot for granted. Fleeing from the riot police, she runs into "A Cappella," the café where she meets and falls in love with a college student, named Wataru. She undergoes a sexual awakening and loses her virginity. Things seem to be going well with Wataru, but then she witnesses something she cannot believe...

This film depicts the emotional rollercoaster of being a teenager. Love, hurt, betrayal and rebellion all play a role. "A Cappella" is a coming-of-age tale, where one finds something important and grows up by losing it.

Trailer

Movie MV

Edited by ajax

以我之名——同性恋群体实录(三)我与婚姻

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaaWs7oIrGY

以我之名——同性恋群体实录(四)拯救我

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4ydOCoi6s

以我之名——同性恋群体实录(五)我们的世界

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjejEaE9hKo

Edited by ajax

About Weizhou's news related to taiwan side....maybe can check his taiwan fanclub facebook....though i didn't read the postings there yet.

https://www.facebook.com/xwztaiwanfanclub/

There are many fanarts about the chars/actors....here's a recent one which i find quite creative....u should know the scene from one production clip.

c084c691gw1f3ux42u1q2j20jg1jbdkt.jpg

Edited by nixorn

On 15/05/2016 at 10:21 AM, JR19 said:

Is there any info about his album release in TW? It won't make sense for him to have a concert and not have the album released there...

Still no info on whether his album will be released in TW. Maybe end of May or early June. I just received the soundtrack today and it comes with a poster but folded as I did not want to pay extra for the tubing and I'm not a big fan of poster.

2mrtkr9.jpg

8 hours ago, dexter9898 said:

Still no info on whether his album will be released in TW. Maybe end of May or early June. I just received the soundtrack today and it comes with a poster but folded as I did not want to pay extra for the tubing and I'm not a big fan of poster.

2mrtkr9.jpg

Hi, mind sharing where you bought the soundtrack from? Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Guest said:

Hi, mind sharing where you bought the soundtrack from? Thanks.

www.5music.com.tw - shipping can be quite expensive if just purchase this cd only.

If u are just looking at the opening and ending songs, I would advice u to purchase XWZ's album from taobao instead. Get a daigou, instead of using taobao international shipping :)

24 minutes ago, dexter9898 said:

www.5music.com.tw - shipping can be quite expensive if just purchase this cd only.

If u are just looking at the opening and ending songs, I would advice u to purchase XWZ's album from taobao instead. Get a daigou, instead of using taobao international shipping :)

Thanks for the link. It seems like the poster only available for pre-order?

Some upcoming china gay-themed movie or drama.

China movie 少年啊 - 先导预告....meaning early trailer? it's not very clear....best if u can full-screen it....not sure about the storyline also....but seems like filmed in S.korea....and the song is korean or thai? anyone can id it? sounds quite nice.

The 2 young actors are 宋威龙 and 张逸杰. The seaside scene in the MV reminds me of Addicted MV.

Clearer pics....but they never mention movie...mmm.

http://fashion.ifeng.com/a/20160421/40158624_0.shtml

MV for drama 烟袋斜街10号...mentioned previously. 

靈界基友 movie trailer

识汝不识丁....period drama...gay-themed...still in production

纨绔公子陶墨花五千两买了谈阳县县官一职,谈阳县为天下最有名的两位讼师林正庸和一锤先生归隐之所,引得无数讼师聚集于此。
陶墨虽“目不识丁、胸无点墨”,却一心想要做个好官,以慰其父在天之灵。却没想上任不久,素好男风的陶墨便对一锤先生关门弟子顾射一见倾心。且看陶墨以其憨直天性另类断案的同时,如何使孤芳自赏的顾射对其另眼相看……

双程 also drama serial....mentioned b4....the folllowing is a summary of the storyline for those interested.

Edited by nixorn

Sorry....didn't follow up on their news as diligently as b4....thought as usual, Jingyu and Weizhou are busy with their careers respectively. The fans did post a lot of their daily life pics....saying who wear this ear rings is the same as the other and doing similar stuff eg skateboading.

Anyway read they did some stuff related to business. Read that Weizhou had invested in 锋芒 and now also a shareholder besides the female author.  And Jingyu open his own studio in Shanghai....so called 传媒工作室. Some fans digged up their info from govt business website. 

This behind the scene clip....(updated)...think they deleted it.

Edited by nixorn

Guest love

I thought LoveSick the Series was one of the best gay series as it's not chock-full of lust and sensuality, and features true, lasting love. Of course the timeless Love of Siam and My Bromance remain classics but Grey Rainbow ups the game! Also, Nuer is damn boyishly cute and Porche is good looking too, although his hair is annoying. Do watch it! You'll wanna finish it at a go :)

Not to spoil anything if you have not finished the mini-series (only 4 episodes), but the ending is the typical BL ending...if you get what i mean... but the love between Neur and Porche is truly beautiful.

I prefer Gayok Bangkok (also another mini-series, 5 episodes total), which is more realistic (more mature adult-themed) to me than Grey Rainbow. Gayok Bangkok touches on topic of infidelity among gay couples, gay man crushing on str8 man, dealing with HIV-positive partner, chem sex, and many more issues very pertaining to what gay men are facing right now. 

Gayok Bangkok Youtube

Edited by killerwhale

Guest Love
31 minutes ago, killerwhale said:

Not to spoil anything if you have not finished the mini-series (only 4 episodes), but the ending is the typical BL ending...if you get what i mean... but the love between Neur and Porche is truly beautiful.

I prefer Gayok Bangkok (also another mini-series, 5 episodes total), which is more realistic (more mature adult-themed) to me than Grey Rainbow. Gayok Bangkok touches on topic of infidelity among gay couples, gay man crushing on str8 man, dealing with HIV-positive partner, chem sex, and many more issues very pertaining to what gay men are facing right now. 

Gayok Bangkok Youtube

Yes I hate the ending! But if you understand the deeper meaning it actually goes beyond typical gay endings. I'll be vague and not spoil anything. *Hint* Porche is sort of psychic so the ending also ties in with this, making it a sort of happy ending in which love lasts forever and transcends mortality. 

I know that most gay relationships are not nearly as pure and genuine as that of Nuer and Porche, that is why it may seem unrealistic to many. However, I can totally relate to that kind of love, loyalty and sacrifice so to me Grey Rainbow IS incredibly realistic and ideal, unlike the debauchery of many gay people nowadays, which is very realistic to them. 

Yesterday i also found a clip same as what JR19 posted above....but it was deleted today. Interestingly they took the effort to record so much extras and now "leaking" out?

Here's another one....think it was rehearsal....feel they weren't as familiar with each other yet....not like the bed scenes. 

And the description in the youtube page :

初識的兩人,大家可以比對一下後來熟了,到現在兩人相處的模式。就會知道那些粉紅泡泡­不是假的,是日積月累的感情昇華。
是從陌生到熟識一步一步了解彼此的信任。

Well even if it's not the so-called "pink bubbles"....but still after being together for so long....definitely got some strong friendship.

Edited by nixorn

Guest Love

I thought Lovesick the Series was underrated, but this is way way underrated. Well, whatever the Singapore gay community is into reflects its nature.

Absolutely like this thai rainbow drama. Now thinking if my bf and i both can adopt a child in future that will be like dream comes true.

Ah... after watched this drama, making me like want to go for a trip to chiangmai together with my handsome bf this year.

On 5/31/2016 at 1:18 AM, loveseeker said:

Absolutely like this thai rainbow drama. Now thinking if my bf and i both can adopt a child in future that will be like dream comes true.

Ah... after watched this drama, making me like want to go for a trip to chiangmai together with my handsome bf this year.

Yeah man...maybe can visit some elephants, though child adoption for gay parents is no joke. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Very slow moving pace. Gay Ok Bangkok better.

More to enjoy! It's a series and not a movie after all, though it is equivalent to about 8 episodes of a normal thai drama series of 40 mins per episode. Fans want more of it!

Ever since LOS many movies love to have scenes with 2 guys chatting on the bed.

I have no patience to watch more than 10 mins for both series. No where near los std.

Comparatively i would say the Porsche n partner is more eye candy.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
14 minutes ago, Guest Cute Exec said:

Which one more good looking? Porsche (Bangkok boy) or Nuer (Chiangmai elephant boy)?

To each his own. Some like pear, other like apples :).

I was not expecting it to end the way it ended ... but I suppose I should have known, dont all gay movies/series end just about the same way?

23 minutes ago, Guest Cute Exec said:

Which one more good looking? Porsche (Bangkok boy) or Nuer (Chiangmai elephant boy)?

Both goodlooking, though Nuer's demeanour would generally be considered more attractive. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

To each his own. Some like pear, other like apples :).

I was not expecting it to end the way it ended ... but I suppose I should have known, dont all gay movies/series end just about the same way?

Nope, the ending in this series is dreadful but far deeper than other BL endings. It has a complexity of meanings depending on your interpretation and how you choose to look at it, and most important of all, whether you believe in life after death. This series is also in general more meaningful than many BL movies and less saturated with animalistic, loveless lust. 

On 21/05/2016 at 3:11 AM, nixorn said:

靈界基友 movie trailer

On 25/05/2016 at 10:11 PM, ajax said:

Sweet Boy (Thai) trailer

These 2 seem worth watching.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Cute Exec

This drama also convey a message that relate very much to our daily life in Singapore. That's Dengue Fever can take away our love ones from us. Everyone should remain cautious always about Dengue.

The drama just starts on 31 May. 2 episodes are out together.....each ep around 18-20mins. Think 2 ep per week. I'm not sure about all the details eg how many episodes or how much of the novel they had adapted.

http://www.weibo.com/YDXJ10

The actors' look are not too bad..well, not Jingyu's more manly type. I only know the story evolved around a pet shop owner and a writer...and their friends. 

Think the pet shop owner is bi/gay....his friend who came to his shop made a remark that the writer suits him. The writer probably is str8....b'cos he doesn't  even know what's top in ep2.

The feel of the drama is closer to light-hearted style....maybe the sadder parts are later? It's partially dubbed (think the male leads are dubbed)....so some parts abit not natural or not sync well....but overall acceptable.

Ep 1...the 1st part in pub abit boring.

Ep 2

Edited by nixorn

• G_M changed the title to Gay Themed Music Video / MTV (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.