Male HQ

Research on HIV Self-Testing in Singapore

Guest renyar

Guest renyar

[Participants Wanted]

My name is Rayner Tan and I am a researcher with the National Center for Infectious Diseases as well as the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health at NUS. There is interest to roll out HIV self-testing in Singapore; for now I am helping to get perspectives from older gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (GBMSM) on preferences for its roll-out and scale-up. Just to share some details for this rationale; we are looking for 48 participants in total, 24 of whom would be aged 18-39 years old, and 24 of whom aged 40 and above. We have since completed recruitment of participants aged 18-39 years old.

You are eligible to participate if you identify as:

(1) Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men;
(2) 40 years old and above
(3) HIV-negative OR you do not know HIV status
(4) Singapore citizen / PR
(5) Sexually active in the last 12 months

Interviews will be around 1 hour long and audio-recorded for transcribing purposes only. All information will be kept confidential and identifiers will be removed to ensure privacy.

If you or your friends are interested in participating in this study, please text me at +65 91878576. Reimbursement of $50 cash will be given to each participant for their time.

I am happy to travel and will work around your available time.

Thank you! 

Rayner

Guest Guest

Wow.. ..did anyone reply you at all? It's been 2 days and there doesn't seem to be any interest at all. Don't tell me the entire BW forum now taken over by th ose who are below 40s?

Maybe if you just take phone interviews, you might get more respondents? Must it be a face to face thing? 

Maybe instead of having that long list of requisites to be interviewed,

you should conclude in your study that Singaporeans should not have to do self-testing.

Instead, the State should provide plenty of testing places free, 

where people can be tested with confidentiality, and if found positive,

be treated free and still totally confidential.

Edited by Steve5380

• 10 months later...
Guest Devorat
On 4/10/2019 at 11:42 AM, Guest renyar said:

[Participants Wanted]

My name is Rayner Tan and I am a researcher with the National Center for Infectious Diseases as well as the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health at NUS. There is interest to roll out HIV self-testing in Singapore; for now I am helping to get perspectives from older gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (GBMSM) on preferences for its roll-out and scale-up. Just to share some details for this rationale; we are looking for 48 participants in total, 24 of whom would be aged 18-39 years old, and 24 of whom aged 40 and above. We have since completed recruitment of participants aged 18-39 years old.

You are eligible to participate if you identify as:

(1) Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men;
(2) 40 years old and above
(3) HIV-negative OR you do not know HIV status
(4) Singapore citizen / PR
(5) Sexually active in the last 12 months

Interviews will be around 1 hour long and audio-recorded for transcribing purposes only. All information will be kept confidential and identifiers will be removed to ensure privacy.

If you or your friends are interested in participating in this study, please text me at +65 91878576. Reimbursement of $50 cash will be given to each participant for their time.

I am happy to travel and will work around your available time.

Thank you! 

Rayner

Any update on the test results?

• 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.